What Will You Do When World 1 Closes?

DeletedUser

What will you do when world 1 eventually closes?

• Start afresh on a new world?
  • Carry on playing in another world in which you already play?
  • Quit playing Tribal Wars

NB: I would have set up a poll but I don't have the option available to create a poll

DeletedUser

Personally I am continue other worlds.

but, W1 won't end for a while, count on it.

DeletedUser

I'll continue playing new worlds, I've got a bigger reputation on newer worlds than on W1 :| I've played like a nub here for ages :p only kicked it up a gear recently

DeletedUser

My biggest regret in TribalWars was quitting world one. I had to go to hospital and when I got back I didn't go on for a month or two. The guys I gave the password of my account to decided to quit playing. Leaving my account to turn grey. If I went on when I got back from hospital I would still be playing now. That frustrates me.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." famous quote from Oliver Wendell Holmes. Playing games gives you a childish, fun attitude. Many who quit here come back without the right mind to really get back into the game and that has been a great downfall of mine.

A word of warning to world 1. If you stop playing you will probably never come back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A word of warning to world 1. If you stop playing you will probably never come back.

It honestly depends if they are actively joining new worlds or not :) if not, they'll struggle to ever reach a decent sized account, its not as easy as it was on W1 anymore, you get a decent sized village then a big meany will come and rim you :icon_cool: most W1 players can't snipe a 150ms train... soooo... they won't stand much of a chance once the trains inbound

DeletedUser

It honestly depends if they are actively joining new worlds or not :) if not, they'll struggle to ever reach a decent sized account, its not as easy as it was on W1 anymore, you get a decent sized village then a big meany will come and rim you :icon_cool: most W1 players can't snipe a 150ms train... soooo... they won't stand much of a chance once the trains inbound

Oh now come on Nate, you should know by now such sweeping generalisations are founded on crap.

150ms trains are over rated, so predictable and you tend to see them coming. Given the choice I'll stand in front of it rather than snipe it. If I have to snipe, then yes I can thanks, preferring not to doesn't mean I can't.

Now anyone can sit and open a few tabs from the same village, you show me a player who can time well from several villages, who takes the time to sit and get ms timing on their nukes too, then I will be mildly impressed and think, oh s/he has some patience and skill.

In fact show me a player off a newer world who will still log in when the crossed swords hit the screen in the 1000's without whining then walking and I will be even more impressed.

The lazy attitude and lazy playing is seen right across w1, but it doesn't mean players can't do it. It is a totally different playing style to newer worlds where tabbed attacks from the same village isn't as important, and in my view no indication of any skill.

As for playing new worlds, it's no secret I hate start up, I just dont have the patience for all that farming, it bores me lol.

So when w1 ends, I'll still be about somewhere on other worlds I "play" on - with or without ms trains - usually without because I am not a train fan :)

DeletedUser

What will you do when world 1 eventually closes?

• Start afresh on a new world?
  • Quit playing Tribal Wars

NB: I would have set up a poll but I don't have the option available to create a poll

Seriously, at least make an effort to find your last effort.

(Back only 3 pages).

DeletedUser

Now anyone can sit and open a few tabs from the same village, you show me a player who can time well from several villages, who takes the time to sit and get ms timing on their nukes too, then I will be mildly impressed and think, oh s/he has some patience and skill.

I do that if I am in war and it needs to be done.

In fact show me a player off a newer world who will still log in when the crossed swords hit the screen in the 1000's without whining then walking and I will be even more impressed.
Yet again this is easy to with stand if you have patience. :) If you can manage renaming the attacks, getting support where it needs to go, and listen to some good music then you won't get worried about all of those (mostly fake) attacks you have incoming. :lol::lol:

DeletedUser

Yet again this is easy to with stand if you have patience. :) If you can manage renaming the attacks, getting support where it needs to go, and listen to some good music then you won't get worried about all of those (mostly fake) attacks you have incoming. :lol::lol:

This is the case in new worlds. Here in W1 we don't exactly fake a lot.

DeletedUser

I do that if I am in war and it needs to be done.

As said before, you don't get many fakes in world 1. Everyone seems to play a lot more honest. As it is the first world it is played as the game was intended before other players found loopholes in the game play.

Players tend to be a lot more loyal to the tribe they are in. I notice that is the biggest difference between world 1 and other worlds. But it is very different. I played world 24 and I had 25K incomings all nobles were sent as a noble chain (4 attacks from the same village) so I just sniped those. I had players that would get less than 2K incomings and say they want to quit the game. Most cases all incomings where fake. So I do strongly agree with the point Seren was making. Newer players tend to see incomings and post about 10 threads in the forums saying they need support and then just quit the game. Of course there are exceptions but very rare do you see players standing.

Take, for example, everyone turned barb there. Tribes disbanded just because the rank #1 tribe declared war on them (I was told by a DNY player) other players hit delete when they seen thousands of incomings (another DNY player told me).

DeletedUser

its impossible to send those trains nowadays as they will automaticaly be put further apart :)

DeletedUser910

This:

I don't see World 1 closing anytime soon though.

DeletedUser

its impossible to send those trains nowadays as they will automaticaly be put further apart :)

Nope,

Time between each attack from same village is 50ms.

So you could technically get 4 attacks in the space of 150ms. That's why it is called a 150ms noble train. I'm sure some people could get them in less than 100ms but it automatically extends them to 150ms.

DeletedUser

Yes. It is possible to send a 150ms train.
000ms - First attack
050ms - Second attack
100ms - Third attack
150ms - Fourth attack

The spacing in between each of these attacks is 50ms which the server will automatically separate them by. I know people who've sent trains only a couple ms long before this became hard-coded. End of discussion. Back on topic now please :)

DeletedUser

I played world 24 and I had 25K incomings all nobles were sent as a noble chain (4 attacks from the same village) so I just sniped those.
Are you sure it was 25k or was it just 25? Loosing 25k noblemen would be very expensive and painfill

DeletedUser

Are you sure it was 25k or was it just 25? Loosing 25k noblemen would be very expensive and painfill

I played world 24 and I had 25K incomings , all nobles were sent as a noble chain (4 attacks from the same village) so I just sniped those.

The power of Commas.

DeletedUser

Oh dear, dreadful grammar, thanks for the correction siimiks :)

I may have been tired but I still know about noble train timings. If I was more awake I would have made it more clear showing the maths behind it but pkiwarrior has done this now.

DeletedUser

Not as bad as mine yet don't worry sean, trains are set at 150ms for most worlds (300 ms on W52 and 99ms on W49)