WhatTheFont?

DeletedUser

Hi fellow graphics people :)

I have an ipod and love to use it to help me in my graphics :) Today I found an app called "WhatTheFont"

What this app does is :-

• You upload an image
  • Put a box around the piece of text that you are trying to find out what font it is
  • It then tries to split the image into characters
  • you tell it in each little section what the letter is
  • It then comes up with all close matches for the font

This is an example :)

2009-feb-whatthefont.jpg

It really does work for quite alot of fonts. Ive used it on my current signature, and it was correct in the 3rd result. Which isnt bad actually :).

There is a website, BUT you have to crop the image before putting it on to find the font. Which is much much more tasking. Whereas on your iPod or iPhone you just simply put a box around the text. If you dont have an iPod .... buy one :) hehe

Regards,
Ge

P.S If you have an iPhone, as shown in the picture above, you can take a picture and use that picture to find the font. Im very jealous of you iPhone owners :icon_sad:

mattoematt

I'm jealous of iPhone and iPod and Smartphone people... I has LG Viewty :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

This makes me want to get a iPod Touch now. Thanks for the info Ge, oh btw this is Dirty Addict :p

DeletedUser

I have Lgk5600 as my phone :p
But I got an ipod touch for christmas :)

I found out this morning and thought it was awesome so thought I should share :p I know its Dirty Addict ... you posted as Dirty Addict.

DeletedUser

I have an iPhone :D
I'm going to download this app directly :D

DeletedUser

I still prefer internet for such things and use my phone to call people.

DeletedUser

Hey Ge I need some PS assistance, you on Skype or can you answer my quest here? :p