World 26: Ventrilo Chat

• Thread starter cranberry muffinman
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Canceled service to many spamers..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Most people know what it is/have heard of it not much point advertising it here.

There are a couple of reasons I don't like ventrilo though:

§1. You may not scream on the ventrilo
§2. You may not swear or insult any other persons on the ventrilo
§3. You may not disturb other players that do not want to be disturbed
§4. It's impossible to understand half of the non-native speakers (vide: Romania, Turkey)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

its advertising..... you misspelled it :) and Cranberry is getting the better tribalwars players to come on ventrilo because people who work together via voicecom are much higher quality players :). And sign me up ill be there

DeletedUser

its advertising..... you misspelled it :) and Cranberry is getting the better tribalwars players to come on ventrilo because people who work together via voicecom are much higher quality players :). And sign me up ill be there

About the quality it is only true for games like WoW etc which have a faster pace when compared to TW. This is because in MMO FPS/RPG 's you always have the people you need online, whereas in TW you need to contact also those who are offline at the given time.

DeletedUser

This is a good thing for people learning to game where some older players can come on and talk to them about how to use scripts better and which ones are legal etc

DeletedUser

count me in ill be there for sure, Cant wait to speak to some other tribal wars players, Wish someone had done this before. In addition ill bring 2-3 Friends.

vavara

We needed Ventrilo for raidpurposes, coordinating bossfights, and such on WOW, Warhammer and such. I doubt it will ever be needed on TW tbh.

Ventrilo is fine when you play with people you know. If you use it with unknown people, they just tend to sit in a channel, and not say anything.

Oh, and you might want to add "use push to talk" in your rules.

Nothing more annoying that hearing background noises from a whole bunch of people.

V.

DeletedUser17170

I personaly think skype is better. I never had skype till I got here, and since I've gotten it and been invited to a tribal skype chat, I can see the difference it makes on the group of players in it.

Players who visit and spend time talking to others in skype chat even if its nothing to do with tthe game end up being the better players of an active tribe. I'd say probably most of the top tribes everyones has eyes on have a skype chat going.

nad destroyer

It depends on what your used to and what you prefer. I mean I play counterstrike with a headset and everything and It would drive me crazy without this program. With this you could multitask.