World 9 United Nations

samulis

Several leaders of the world have received this message. If your leader has not, please ask him or her to read this thread and reply back if they would want their voices heard in the world's affairs through this shared forum in our tribe... remember, this is not to replace the official Tribal Wars Forum, but to create a well-organized way to process the wars and events of our world and to promote inter-tribal 'journalism'.

The World 9 United Nations is hereby created as an international forum for all players of any tribe to speak with any players of any tribe. This forum is for discussions on wars, official diplomatic agreements, or general commentary. This is not a family of tribes, it is only an agreement that enables the free speech of you with your enemies at any time.

World 9 United Nations Rules:

1 Usage of this forum
1.1 Gods Warriors
The Government of Gods Warriors will act as a median force in this. They may and will refuse to support tribes, and will act as Discretionary Moderators over the forum.
1.2 Allies, Naps, and Supportees of Gods Warriors...
...Will not be treated any differently than the common player or any tribe in any place.
1.3 Neutral and Enemies of Gods Warriors...
... will be treated with respect at all times and will be given the opportunity to become allies at any time to share forums.

2 Terms of Agreement
2.1 Of the Tribe...
... we expect that you properly respect any other being in the forums. I, Samulis, will act as Moderator over all topics in this forum and retain the right to delete or modify any topic or post that contains:
-Profanity
-Swearing
-Vulgar or Inappropriate pictures or language of any sort
-Links to sites containing the above.
-Any breech in the Official Tribal Wars Forum Rules (This is to protect everyone equally, by adopting the official forum rules, we hereby acknowledge that the official forum has superiority and official power over the WNUN)
It is your responsibility to look after your members who use this forum. This is supposed to be a place where all people can chat, enemies and allies alike without being flamed off the forums or such.
2.2 of the visitor or Player...
... We expect the above behavior to be aboded by and for you to hold your composure when consulting with foes and allies alike. We are here as Moderators over Discussion to ensure that the rights in this document are ensured and that you help keep this environment a clean and happy environment.
2.3 The Way of the Pen...
Topics that may be created in this forum MUST fit into one of the following categories and have a proper heading or they will be deleted or edited:
2.3.1 Aristocratic Discussion (put a '[AD]' before the name):
An Aristocratic Discussion means that only the leadership of each tribe (the top three members of the Tribal Aristocracy) may speak and vote in the discussion. All other members' posts will be deleted. ADs offer the clearest way to discuss a topic, but only takes the leadership's goals into the discussion. All that is said in the discussion is put in a super-safe archive after the discussion is closed and may be accessed by the leadership of the tribes concerned. The decision made in this type of discussion is OFFICIAL. If you post 'then my tribe will kill you', it means you just OFFICIALLY declared war on them.

-Each leader has a total of 1 (one) vote.
-This discussion may take place between several tribes.
-Each tribe's Aristocracy must post their registry information in the topic to be allowed in, this must contain the names of the top three leaders who will join and any reasons why they should be allowed in.
-Academies may register, but may only offer one Delegate.
2.3.2 Delegated Discussion (put a '[DD]' before the name):
A Delegated Discussion is the second most secure discussion. It is run by a Neutral Moderator called the Chair and follows a very ordered and sequential system to achieve the most accurate decision possible, while voicing the opinion of the people.

-Each tribe may vote for a single delegate to voice their opinion.
-The delegates must register through a similar process above, using the registration format.
-Academies may register with a single delegate.
-Decisions made are NOT OFFICIAL unless approved or ordered by the majority of a tribal aristocracy.
2.3.3 Moderated Open Caucus/Moderated Open Discussion (put either a '[MOC]' or a '[MOD]' before the name):
This discussion has a Chair/Moderator who looks over all the proceedings and makes sure the discussion is following a productive and respectable process. They have the right to lock it, delete posts, and modify posts to remove bad words.

Players who join this do not have to register with the moderator, but may be removed from the topic for repetitive breaches of rules. Players may also accuse another tribe or player of something, but they must also let that player reply. Their reply will then be quoted by the moderator and posted below the accusation for orderly procedure. All accusations MUST BE SUPPORTED WITH DETAILS AND SUPPORT OR THEY WILL BE DISREGARDED.
2.3.4 Un-Moderated Open Caucus/Un-Moderated Open Discussion (place either a '[UOC]' or a '[UOD]' before the name):
A UOD allows any player to post whatever they want. However, vulgar words may be removed and replies to arguments WILL NOT BE QUOTED LIKE ABOVE. This type is a very informal and open discussion, and will not be regarded as official. All official agreements will be regarded as no more than ideas.

3 Parliamentary Procedure?!?
3.1 What is Parliamentary Procedure?
P.P. is the way the official United Nations leads its discussions. A person called the 'Chair' is in charge. They act as a moderator. People called Delegates represent countries. Here, we follow a modified version in [DD] and [AD] discussions.
3.2 What is our version of P.P?
The person in charge is either called the Chair or the Moderator. They have the right to edit the posts of Delegates. Delegates must register with the chair for the discussion. Delegates are either elected or ordered to be a delegate by their tribe (if it is a DD) or the top three aristocrats (leaders) of a tribe (if it is an AD).
3.3 How do I register?
1. To register, you must be either elected or ordered by your tribal aristocracy to represent the tribe if it is a Delegated Discussion, or be one of the three Aristocrats ordered to take up the call of Delegate for your tribe if it is a Aristocratic Discussion.
2. You must either forward the aristocracy's decision on you or have them mail the Chair.
3.4 How does it work after we register?
Normally, we start off with Roll-Call. This is where we are different from P.P., instead of saying 'is the delegate from ... here?' we say 'Please introduce yourself and your Tribe'. You reply with no more than your name and the bb-coded version of your tribe. After the roll-call is finished and everyone has posted (you have 24 hours after the first roll-call is posted. If you cannot make it, another tribal aristocrat may provide an excuse for your absence. He/she will then act as you until you become active).

The chair is in charge of something called a Speakers List. The Speakers List (let's call it the SL for now) is a list of people who are going to post, in order. We will use this in some situations when the discussion has either a long time or we need to make it very orderly. If you want to speak in this situation, send a letter to the chair in-game and ask to be added. If the person above you on the list has just posted and it is your turn, you are allowed one post. To post again, you need to put your name back on the list. If the list runs out, the Chair will either choose, or the last person to post will 'give their remaining spot to anyone unless the chair returns'.

Normally, we don't use the speakers list at all. You just post whenever you feel like you need to give a comment, however, the chair may mail or post for you to make a post in some situations. This is to let people voice their opinions faster and more effectively.

At some point along the discussion, someone may offer to begin drafting something called a 'Resolution'. A Resolution is a way that this problem can be solved. That person must either post up drafts or send drafts to fellow delegates and work on perfecting it. They must be wiling to omit changes. After at least 1/4th of the delegates agree to the drafted resolution, the Person will send the drafted resolution to the Chair or post it in the discussion headed 'Finalized Resolution' with the list of people who have contributed or said that it was ok.

If that list is at least 1/4th of the delegates, then the chair must say 'I hereby open this Resolution to voting'. All the delegates will have 24 hours to vote on the decision, unless the chair specifies a different time between 24 hours and 72 hours. To vote, you must post a single post saying 'Yes' or 'No'. If you do not vote, it is considered an 'Abstain' and your vote is not counted as part of the total. Out of the total delegates that submitted votes in that time, 6/10ths must support the notion for it to pass. Once a Resolution passes, it is distributed to all the tribes that should react on it by the Chair with a note saying that this is what the world advises them to do.

THE TRIBES INVOLVED IN THE RESOLUTION HOLD THE RIGHT TO DISREGARD, FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE, THE RESOLUTION. THE U.N. CANNOT FORCE THEM TO DO AS THEY SAY, THAT'S ILLEGAL IN THIS GAME.
3.5 More on Parliamentary Procedure...
... can be foun all over the web. If you don't understand a concept while in a discussion, you may mail the chair or me with your question with the title 'Point of Parliamentary Procedure', the Chair or I will get back to you ASAP.
3.6 Extraneous Notes
-P.P. is not used in Un-Moderated Open Caucuses/Discussions.
-To be a Chair, you must have Moderating Powers in the tribe Gods Warriors and have an official letter from Samulis. Chairs may be recommended by the starter of the thread, and the starter of the thread may request to be Co-Chair. If no Chair is selected, Samulis will serve as Chair unless the delegates ask that he does not. If someone wants to be chair, but they are a member of another tribe, they may ask their aristocracy to allow them leave to be chair for the discussion.
-ANYONE MAY START A TOPIC, BUT IT MUST HAVE [DD], [AD], [MOC], [MOD], [UOC], OR [UOD] BEFORE THE TITLE AND THE TOPIC MAY BE DELETED IF IT IS OVERLY OPPRESSIVE AGAINST ANOTHER TRIBE.
4 Closing Notes

We all must remember that as friends and foes, we each owe each other homage for what we have taught each other, for as a wise man once put, 'Towns did not learn to build high walls from their friends, but from their foes'. I hope this United Nations will accept the fact that we are all human, and that we all have the right to express our opinions.

So Signed, I commission the construction of this forum and I declare my protection over all those peoples there in.
-Samulis, King of Gods Warriors, Chair of the WNUN

Last edited:

rbh135

Give me 5 valid reasons why I should register to another forum. :\

DeletedUser

I declare alliance with the nation of rbh and demand all the other inferior nations give us stuff.

samulis

It isn't a brand-new forum, think of it as a suppliment, an add-on, a formal chatroom. It is made to allow decisions that are more effective and stronger, that hold more meaning than one Autocrat telling another somthing.

samulis

No, it's completely in-game on a shared forum between my tribe and all others that I am trying to construct... If you guys don't understand this, mabye I should just scrap it...

rbh135

i gets it
i find it very unlikely that many tribes will agree to it though

DeletedUser

I would like to have it done but as rbh said it probably won't happen :(