When others congratulate a tribe its ok, but when I do so it becomes spam

DeletedUser80529

Congratulations to Domino is a spam bu congratulations to Nato isn't

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
When others congratulate a tribe its ok, but when I do so it becomes spam

Actually, that's not quite true.

When various diplomats from the top 6 tribes posted congratulations to other tribes for entering the top 6, or moving up, and those threads were full of serious comment, and clearly part of the PnP of the tribes in question, that was not spam, despite the fact that one or two people thought they were a waste of time.

When you posted three threads a day, each saying that you were going to create a congratulations thread for any tribe moving position in the top 50, and those threads were full of comments from many other people telling you you are a spammer, that was spam.

There are two possibilities:

1: You genuinely don't understand the difference (aka, you are stupid.)
2: You created the second lot of threads as a dig at the first set, after your initial posts of complaint had been met by widespread disagreement with your point of view (aka, you are a troll.)

I'm leaning towards you being an intelligent troll at this point.

DeletedUser80529

Well Mark I basically don't care even if you feel I am stupid troll. According to you if a comment is not a serious one it becomes a spam?, and let me correct your exaggeration as to so many people, I personally saw only one person considering it as spam(the greatest spammer) and Atlantia who likely will explain me as to why. Some people maybe were annoyed and so were with your "congratulations" thread. If you are not in top 6 you don't deserve a congratulations? huh?

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well Mark I basically don't care even if you feel I am stupid troll. According to you if a comment is not a serious one it becomes a spam?, and let me correct your exaggeration as to so many people, I personally saw only one person considering it as spam(the greatest spammer) and Atlantia who likely will explain me as to why. Some people maybe were annoyed and so were with your "congratulations" thread. If you are not in top 6 you don't deserve a congratulations? huh?

Spam is whatever the moderators feel is spam :lol:

I wrote to Atlantia when she closed your threads, and she has confirmed that she DOESN'T consider mine as spam, and is OK for me to post future ones.

DeletedUser

I think I had better make things clear right now, so that it's out in the open.

I shall close a thread if it is spam, regardless of who starts it. Please don't feel that any particular poster in these forums is except from that ruling. I have full faith that once Enark returns, he will take the same view.

In the mean time, those threads closed last night were done because they WERE spam threads. Superrn - you clearly stated in one of them that you considered it appropriate to start a thread every time a tribe in the top 50 chenaged ranks... clearly that's a ridiculous statement. I also left one of your threads open because it had some well thought out comments from yourself, along with a string of replies which clearly agreed with the thread's existance.

Mark... it is equally going to be seen as spam if a thread is created every single time that a top 6 tribe does something as menial as change ranks. People can see that just by looking at the stats. It's a pointless thing to post a thread about on a regular basis unless linked into something else... for instance a war victory / loss or merge etc. Your thread was left open last night because it read ok. Please do not take the attitude that because it was allowed that time, it will be allowed every time. I would also request that in furture you do not put words into my mouth by claiming I have given you permission to do something when I have said nothing of the kind.

Hopefully that clears things up for both sides, and gives everyone a clear basis on which to go on from.

Atlantia
Elder Moderator

DeletedUser17769

I agree with Atlantia, congratulation threads need to have some basis and relevant content behind them, congratulating just to congratulate does not warrant its own topic, as it provides no discussion, making the thread pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.