Generated World Maps (Dominance, Top Tribes) - W13

• Thread starter DeletedUser3508
  • Start date

DeletedUser36936

I hope the mapmakers continue doing their own maps, more variety.

DeletedUser

Right now all the colours are randomly generated every time. If anyone can help me out by providing a list (ideally 60) of about 30 distinct colours (html RGB values) that will work on a map like this it will save me a lot of time.

Family grouping will follow.

As for C-WS not showing up in K48: its because there is no proper 2nd place tribe. Tribes need to have 1mil points in a K to be considered for dominance in that K. But the percentages are calculated by number of villages and not by points.
But C-WS in K48 issue is fixed.

Edit: Please keep in mind that the data used while in development is a bit old, so the map is a bit outdated.

Latest screenshot

I guess we were just too dominant for your dominance map lol.

DeletedUser

hey can u add stroke to your maps?? with a border over the villages it helps show boundaries

Stroke?

As soon as I figure out a way to do the borders I'll add them. PHP does not have the best drawing tools around :icon_confused:

cecala

Stroke?

As soon as I figure out a way to do the borders I'll add them. PHP does not have the best drawing tools around :icon_confused:

php?

well in photoshop its layer>layer style > stroke

DeletedUser

php?

well in photoshop its layer>layer style > stroke
Its a dynamic map. It should draw itself without me having to do anything. Once every x hours it must pull the game info from the server, and draw the map according to that.

So it will not have a run through something like photoshop to make it look great. The tools I have to draw it with is more in line with mspaint.

Update:
I have only added 4 families (ToP, Beyond, INSO, CIV) just to see families at work.
Colours are now from a fixed list (but still randomised) so there should not be 2 tribes next to each other with similar colours.
Added a bit of a black border

If there is no major changes I need to make I'll get started on the automisation script.

2 maps, one flat looking and one a bit better looking but double the file size (yes that will be an issue for me once I host this online and 5000 people want to view the image)

DeletedUser

If size is a problem, perhaps you could reduce it by changing the green grid to black. I dont know if this would make any positive change, im only guessing. I have based my presumption on basis that black needs less power to be generated on the screen (im sure some heared of google black).

DeletedUser

Its a dynamic map. It should draw itself without me having to do anything. Once every x hours it must pull the game info from the server, and draw the map according to that.

So it will not have a run through something like photoshop to make it look great. The tools I have to draw it with is more in line with mspaint.

Update:
I have only added 4 families (ToP, Beyond, INSO, CIV) just to see families at work.
Colours are now from a fixed list (but still randomised) so there should not be 2 tribes next to each other with similar colours.
Added a bit of a black border

If there is no major changes I need to make I'll get started on the automisation script.

2 maps, one flat looking and one a bit better looking but double the file size (yes that will be an issue for me once I host this online and 5000 people want to view the image)

don't worry about image size for now, i have an idea that could mean that image size won't matter.

DeletedUser

If size is a problem, perhaps you could reduce it by changing the green grid to black. I dont know if this would make any positive change, im only guessing.
The image size will not change if the background changes. It depends on the amount of pixels of the same colour that follows each other (for PNG anyway). That is why the flat image is smaller, it has more pixels of the same colour next to each other.

DeletedUser

The image size will not change if the background changes. It depends on the amount of pixels of the same colour that follows each other (for PNG anyway). That is why the flat image is smaller, it has more pixels of the same colour next to each other.

Yeah i looked at both of the pics and i must say that the better definition one would be my 1st choice, but its good either way. Anyway, i hoped my idea would have helped in some way, oh well.

DeletedUser

This is fairly correct, right?

2yuh82e.gif

DeletedUser

Perecentages could have slightly changed, but I wouldn't imagine by much.

DeletedUser

ND Family changed. They are less tribes now. I believe they are only ND|2, ND|22S, ND|22N and ND|12. The other families I believe they are ok. Probably they are more families but I don't know all of them

DeletedUser

I'll add a couple that might change up a continent or two:
OdinBd Family: OdinBd, ThorBd, OE, OOD
570 Family: D-570, U-570, RR-570

DeletedUser

Right now all the colours are randomly generated every time. If anyone can help me out by providing a list (ideally 60) of about 30 distinct colours (html RGB values) that will work on a map like this it will save me a lot of time.

Family grouping will follow.

As for C-WS not showing up in K48: its because there is no proper 2nd place tribe. Tribes need to have 1mil points in a K to be considered for dominance in that K. But the percentages are calculated by number of villages and not by points.
But C-WS in K48 issue is fixed.

Edit: Please keep in mind that the data used while in development is a bit old, so the map is a bit outdated.

Latest screenshot

Great map, Had to make my tribe pink haha.

Probably wrong thread but just to let you know. NM-A is F-ME's (my tribes) academy tribe.

Raid3r

Hah, it is a lot of work to update families on maps. So there is no way I am going to make maps on other worlds, other than 12 and 19. And I am thinking about handing over 19 to someone else since I have been so busy. Also, I will be giving the code out real soon. I haven't had time to make an installation script for users, so it will be up to the users to figure out how to work it (I need to make a rough draft README). Shouldn't be too hard at all. Hopefully I will give it out by tomorrow. Things you need:

Linux/Unix (with bash)
PHP (with GD module, for making the map - be able to run php from command line)
g++ (for compiling c++ source code)

And I think that is about it. If you don't know what one of those are, then it is best not to mess with the program.

Anyone in w13 a canidate? IF so send me an PM or IGM. Bascially, despite the new self updating map, we can have exactly like w12 which is IMO better than Tsyris , and supports familes, etc.

Raid3r