question???

DeletedUser

hmm... what is the best combination of offensive troops and defensive troops in this world? becoz it is my first time to see archers and paladins.. any comment? a professional TW player must answer this..:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

hmm... what is the best combination of offensive troops and defensive troops in this world? becoz it is my first time to see archers and paladins.. any comment? a professional TW player must answer this..:icon_razz:

Well, Archers causes a lot of problems for an agressive player.

And it really depends, This world seems to be better for turtle's (all defensive players).

DeletedUser

I think Archers are banned in this world or something..?

DeletedUser

Sorry, messed that up. Assume you meant "Unfortunately"?

DeletedUser

what if they use axes and LC's .. are archer and spears are good defense? or is it more likely spears HC? spears swords?

whats the use of that mounted archer.. lol..

any suggestions? it is hard to decide what troops becoz i really dont know that ARCHERS.. lol..

DeletedUser

I hate archers, but they can be effective to an extent. If someone uses a lot of MA in there nuke, archers are good. Most people don't so swords + spears is a good defense. Or at least that is what I have seen in previous worlds.

DeletedUser

i once saw in in depth analysis somewhere...

full farm axes do as much damage to spear sword defense as full farm MA do to a sword archer defense.

DeletedUser

when i look at the archers status.. i notice that they have good cavalry and general defence.. but they dont have a defence against archers,, get it???????? hmm.. so whats the best?

and also the best offense.. offense that can dominate all the defenses.. lol.. is there something like that?

DeletedUser

I think it is either:
6k Spears/6k Swords/1.4k HC
or
4k Spears/4k Swords/4k Archers/1.4k HC

DeletedUser

From what I have seen, no one does it. But, I guess you could try it out.

DeletedUser

the best defense will depend upon the offensive army
so in short - spears are good against lcav
swords are good against axes
archers are good against infantry units and maybe cavalry
hcav is pretty much like swordsmen

spears fail against axes
swords fail against lcav
archers get killed really easily even if they outnumber MA
hcav I assume is the same as swords

a sp/sw defense is much better than a sp/hc defense
but the sp/hc defense would build much faster(and hc and sp are faster than swords........so its used as faster support)
the sw/sp defense is much better than the above one, but it takes ages to build(at least a month as far as I remember)
and sw are slower than sp

a sw/archer defense would have the best stats if you are looking for stats(and it will take ages to build)
but if the enemy uses Ma's then the archers shall get massacred

So this is it, now its your wish to decide what you wanna build
Personally i'd build up a sp/hc defense if it was a non archer world
On an archer world, I dont know(since I barely play them)

DeletedUser

Where does MA belong? cavalry or archers??????

really there are no SP/ARC defense? ... hmmm...

DeletedUser

MA is only useful against archers
Don't use it for anything else

And a sp/archer defense would fail
Spears get killed easily by axemen and archers get killed easily by MA

robj

Archer worlds add more complexity: three types of attacks to defend against instead of two. The most effective defense becomes a lot more complex and as mentioned above is highly dependent on what you are defending against.

Pure archers is the highest sum of combat ratings and will work great against n00bs who don't build MA (there are lot of those actually) but will take forever to build. They are so weak against mounted archers that even with 20 wall they will be defeated by 1K MA and 250 rams (at 0% luck).

0.5swords/0.5archers has one of the highest overall defense ratings but will also take a long time to build. It's also overbalanced against axes (both swords and archers are good against melee units) so high cavalry/archer nukes will do better against this defense. Per population it's 50 infantry defense, 27.5 cavalry defense and 22.5 archer defense.

0.5hc/0.5archers is very quick comparatively, but per pop is only 41.66 infantry defense, 26.66 cavalry defense and 17.5 archer defense.

Classic's 0.5spear 0.5sword is very balanced actually at 32.5 infantry defense 30 cavalry defense and 30 archer defense and not a bad choice at all.

Another decent combo is 0.4sword/0.3archers/0.3spears which gives: 39.5 infantry defense 33 cavalry defense and 23.5 archer defense

DeletedUser

Mounted archers is anti-archer offense. You need to counter them with archer defense.

The best defense you can get is 1:1 sword-archer ratio. It's not really fast to build, but the strongest mixed one to build. And yes, of course, its weak spot would be MA, but who in heaven's name would build an entire MA army? Does anyone have the time to wait for that? Does anyone even have that much wood for them? I don't think so. Anyone interested in building a full MA army will not be finished within a month. And an full MA army isn't that much powerfull against the archer/sword defense. You might as well just build a full LC army, that would be simular but cheaper. And still, not very likely to encounter it.

NOTE : the best defense here does not take buildingtime into account!!!

DeletedUser

What about a MA Lc mix... That sounds to me like it would work rather well.