alias and experience?

DeletedUser

@muboop, at least read what I write before replying. The last sentence started with "I am not doubting you...". I do not know if he has been attacked. However, if he had been mass attacked like many players have, I'm sure he would have said something along the lines of "despite recieving 100's of attacks in short periods of time, I have never lost".

@devil, even great players at defending get rimmed. In the latter stages, defensive skill hardly even comes into it - it's mainly just stand and be stacked.

@Lonewolf, I consider experience as having dealt with and learnt from a wide range of experiences in one way or another. Sure, he may be experienced at survival, but is he experienced at recovery? Getting rimmed is the best way to prove your ability to recover, and recovery is one of the most important qualities imo. If people really want to rim you enough, there is nothing you can do to stop them if there is enough of them.
3 different worlds, the same situation on each (in the sense not rimmed) that means fairly similar experience.
Thats a good point about not losing a war does not mean you don't know loss. But, there is a difference between watching it and doing it, just like their is a difference between reading a guide and applying/understanding it.

I agree that survival is over-rated and having fun is under-rated xD

Good point. Starting out on the rim (same when you continue when you were rimmed) taught me that it was so bloody easy to maintain yourself and grow. Many barbs to farm, weak targets to noble. Also quite amusing to check your map and see so much distance between all your villages. It requires you to use different tactics when fighting active rimplayers. Deception is very important :icon_twisted:.

I've started W23 in the rim recently and I will be conducting a new personal experiment. I'll be playing simcity basicaly, nobling anything that comes in my sight and building it up. I'll be very defensive. I reckon that in a few months, I will reach a very high density of villages and I will become a nuissance to noble. Although I am in K60. Not really many people to noble me there that know what they're actually doing:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Adrowsy - fair points and I will address them :)

1. Never losing a war is not the same as never losing a city. Losing cities teaches you lessons as does gaining them against very good players. The losing and gaining of cities and the calibre of players you play against together with your own drive to suceed at the game and good friends willing to cover your account with a similar level of efficiency make great players. It is for these reasons and most notably for the calibre and numbers of enemies I have fought in my history that I have never lost a war. And as you say, losing teaches you something. Losing cities teaches you how not to lose them and inherently this teaches you how to not lose wars. Q.E.D.

2. I would consider myself one of the top ten players to have played on 2 worlds to date. On World 5 myself and TPC mainly sat the accounts of members under attack at serious junctures in the world's history. Keeping those strategic players alive allowed LFKD to achieve its stated objectives and control the core. Put this together with organising 50-100 players individual orders and strike times to remove top ten threats to the safety of the alliance at critical junctures when alliance members came under threat (and I am talking precision use of tactical resources not the mass bombardment you see after players have 100+ disposable cities) and I'd say yeah I was definitely one of the top 2 players on world 5. TPC was the other top 2 player.

3. I had #1 OD and ODD on world 4 before OA's 30 odd players was swarmed by the 1000+ players w00t spear-headed to take us out. I had top 5 OD on W5 as long as I played and while I never achieved top 10 ODD for my own account, dozens of the accounts that I sat defending at crucial points in wars reached that level. And I agree ODD whoring does not make you a great player.

4. In OA on world 4 I was isolated away from the tribe and the majority of the war against CULT initially went on far away from me. However, I had a large contingent of CULT about 6 hours away and I nobled into their area to take them out. I went toe to toe with 7 of their players. 2 of which were exceptional players the same size as me and the rest were mostly making up the numbers but I was out gunned and had a lot less cities and they also had 35 players 15-24 hours away which decided to start nuking me from a distance. I captured ground then lost ground. My tribe gave me defences and I switched to pure offence and 8 days later wiped them out in my counter attack as I got my nukes built before them.

Great players are a combination of a multitude of skills; Leading, strategising, direction of resources, offence, defence, personal sacrafice, advising, teaching, always learning and playing within the rules.

I am have these qualities, I have shown these qualities and while it might sound arrogant to other players when I say that I am one of the best players to have ever played this game, the fact remains that its true. There are still some players far better at some individual things than I am such as timing trains down to 0.02 between nobles but someone who understands scripting/browsers etc can easily do that. There are players in this game that are better than me in all areas of the qualities above that I have described and I include vpar2, TPC, Thana Nightshade (*hugs*) and Badlapje in those few handfuls but I am one of the best players in Tribal Wars for what is above and for everything else I have done that would take far too much time to list.

That is my experience; that is my resume if you will and while it sounds arrogant to you, for me its a matter of fact and this thread did ask about the experience of players and their aliases.

I hope this addresses your queries.

I never doubted that you're an exceptional player. if you weren't you would never be in BD. I can go on about many a battle myself, if not as glorious as yours (I never had the patience :\ ) , but I would never call myself one of the top 50 players etc. because I believe in humility. I believe that people who know me will tell me how good I am, I myself won't go around saying I'm the best/one of the best.

besides, imho TW isn't a game that involves any actual 'skill' . TW , at it's core, is about timing, regularity, knowing numbers and ratios and logically adapting according to situation, psychological warfare and ofcourse, a whole lot of luck ^_^ . therefore no one can be measured in skill for TW, they can only be regular, know what to do and be apt in the aforementioned sectors.

and oh, who I insult and who I farm is really none of your business unless it's you :) .

so at the end of

DeletedUser

besides, imho TW isn't a game that involves any actual 'skill' . TW , at it's core, is about timing, regularity, knowing numbers and ratios and logically adapting according to situation, psychological warfare and ofcourse, a whole lot of luck ^_^ . therefore no one can be measured in skill for TW, they can only be regular, know what to do and be apt in the aforementioned sectors.

I agree. TW as an old friend of mine used to say was 5% skill, 10% strategy and 85% time. Guess that means I got a lot of time on my hands :)

and oh, who I insult and who I farm is really none of your business unless it's you :) .

so at the end of

It is when you post it on a public platform. I know for a fact you didn't send a link to your target to the public thread despite by your own admission that it was his business ;)

DeletedUser

I agree. TW as an old friend of mine used to say was 5% skill, 10% strategy and 85% time. Guess that means I got a lot of time on my hands :)

10% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name? :icon_wink:

And erm, I think Lara Croft's head is worthy of its size there. Though never actually played a Tomb Raider, except when I was at friends, she still managed to make herself known to me as the virtual sex symbol of the 20th century.

DeletedUser476

I don't understand.. If you're really good, why would you need an alias?

Anonymity. I have a huge history on TW in world one to the point where about 1000 people hate me - I could just create an alias and make them all love me again, see?

DeletedUser

I never doubted that you're an exceptional player. if you weren't you would never be in BD. I can go on about many a battle myself, if not as glorious as yours (I never had the patience :\ ) , but I would never call myself one of the top 50 players etc. because I believe in humility. I believe that people who know me will tell me how good I am, I myself won't go around saying I'm the best/one of the best.

so at the end of

Well Put.... But I still do not understand that in every world I played u did and vice versa :) Now this world we will see. :) And Permenion..... is from BD too OMG. :) Well I can guess now who that is. Well I only know of 7 players from BD including myself... Spread the word lol.... But truly we can never tell who is the best. As it solely in the end will depend on who is more active. Personally I feel that there are many players who do not have the time to give to TW anymore. Still it is always nice to see the best go at it like this :p. When my exams are over I will dedicate a part of my life to TW :p lol.

Now atleast I figured out ur aliases :) @Iloveshahla and Permenion. Nice to see you guys active again :)

Mostly though... Its nice to be back :)

DeletedUser

Well Put.... But I still do not understand that in every world I played u did and vice versa :) Now this world we will see. :) And Permenion..... is from BD too OMG. :) Well I can guess now who that is. Well I only know of 7 players from BD including myself... Spread the word lol.... But truly we can never tell who is the best. As it solely in the end will depend on who is more active. Personally I feel that there are many players who do not have the time to give to TW anymore. Still it is always nice to see the best go at it like this :p. When my exams are over I will dedicate a part of my life to TW :p lol.

Now atleast I figured out ur aliases :) @Iloveshahla and Permenion. Nice to see you guys active again :)

BD is Black Dawn, not the other BD that starts with B and ends with angladesh. I know of a lot more, but they're mostly inactive now.

and PP that sure brings back a lot of memories ^_^ . sheik it baby! xD

lone wolf, it's actually 10% luck, 20% skill, 15 % concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name :p .

DeletedUser

@muboop, at least read what I write before replying.

sorry dude
i just ment he has lost villages and had 100's of attacks, so have most people from the older worlds, hes a world 5 vet,
he was my tribe leader, and is in my tribe at moment in world 30. just stating he knows his stuff!
:)

he is arrogant, but then again arent most successful players here arrogant? i am and im not even that successful ;)

DeletedUser

Adam means no harm by voicing his opinion :) I'm sure in due time he will see that Parm is a fantastic player and not one of these wannabes that are godlike at tw.

DeletedUser

Adrowsy - fair points and I will address them :)

2. I would consider myself one of the top ten players to have played on 2 worlds to date. On World 5 myself and TPC mainly sat the accounts of members under attack at serious junctures in the world's history. Keeping those strategic players alive allowed LFKD to achieve its stated objectives and control the core. Put this together with organising 50-100 players individual orders and strike times to remove top ten threats to the safety of the alliance at critical junctures when alliance members came under threat (and I am talking precision use of tactical resources not the mass bombardment you see after players have 100+ disposable cities) and I'd say yeah I was definitely one of the top 2 players on world 5. TPC was the other top 2 player.

There are players in this game that are better than me in all areas of the qualities above that I have described and I include vpar2, TPC, Thana Nightshade (*hugs*) and Badlapje in those few handfuls but I am one of the best players in Tribal Wars for what is above and for everything else I have done that would take far too much time to list.

I've just taken the peices of your post I want to discuss, although the rest was an interesting read regarding your history and I agree with a lot of the things you have said. My name is adowsy not adrowsy btw, don't know if that was intentional or what.. :icon_eek:.

Just noticed you made a massive contradiction in your above statement. You say you and TPC are definately the best 2 players in world 5, then go on to say thana and TPC are better than you. The numbers don't add up here methinks. Again, I'm not questioning your ability, I just believe far too many players either believe, or others believe are 'one of the best in the game' when, by the ratio of 2 who you openly admit are better than you in world 5, assuming there is 2 in each world, then that means there are 60 better than you. I have played a variety of worlds, and I have met many of the great players, and have met a lot better players than those who are widely regarded as 'great' players.

PS, I played world 5 too, wondered who was doing all the sitting in the LFKD 'family' :p. I also know that world 5 is gridlocked and has been for a long time, however I respect that you with LFKD have done what I failed to achieve with HOPLOS in keeping TSE back, however I'm sure you know I had my hands tied behind my back :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Guys - you are missing the politics and propaghanda!

I say that I am deadly and want =SK= to noble in my direction because I have thrown down the guantlet! I am just as arrogant as any SK players and so they should send me an invite to their tribe and make me a baron to start with.

The alternative is trying to remove me from this world.

C'mon =SK= I wanna join your club! I'll even create more forum accounts and hype you up though you don't want it. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

*reply to Adowsy*

Wasn't intentional, my apologies.

Thana and I played for around 2 months together. When I came back she wasnt really playing. From what I gathered she could have been a better leader than I was but I taught her everything she needed to know about being a great player. I gave her credit because of the time effort and patience she put into holding such an alliance of account sat players together and keeping the remaining players motivated and recruiting. So we never actually played together at the same time. You can slant the ratio statistics as you see fit but you should also take on board that the best players on several worlds are the same people.

Sounds like you are a decent player in your own right and look forward to seeing you on the field if our paths should cross. Not a threat, I mean that in a respectful capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good point. Starting out on the rim (same when you continue when you were rimmed) taught me that it was so bloody easy to maintain yourself and grow. Many barbs to farm, weak targets to noble. Also quite amusing to check your map and see so much distance between all your villages. It requires you to use different tactics when fighting active rimplayers. Deception is very important :icon_twisted:.

I was talking more about being rimmed and relocating back to the core (if I remember what I meant lol). I agree about the rim being easier at the start and for a while, but eventually everybody starts fighting to get to the core - that's when it can become difficult and is very different from life in the core from my experience's. A more interesting experiment would be to go all out offensive, tribeless, and see how long you can last :lol:

Hey elise, long time no speak :), I'm not questioning that he is a fantastic player, I'm more just questioning the possibility and likelyhood of players actually being 'top 50' or 'one of the best'. I don't doubt parmenion is a great player ;)

Umm, does lara.croft from random on world 19 (i think?) still play here? Think I know what his alias was on former worlds but I can't find it here. Was a long time so might have it slightly wrong though.

Sorry parmenion, I just came on for a chat really, bored out here on the rim! :(

DeletedUser

You say you are experienced, but then you go on to say you have never lost a war. How the hell can you be experienced if you have never lost? You learn from your mistakes, you do not learn when you do things right, and nobody is perfect. Nobody can be a 'top 50' player without losing, especcially when they are calling themselves it.

Top 50? So you consider yourself either best or second best player in a world? Survival alone does not make a great player, a great player is one who destroys another whilst surviving himself.

To be a top 50 player, I'd say you would need top 20 in both ODA and ODD at a certain period of time, although that still does not guarantee it. Yes, I know the arguments for ODD, but the simple fact is that if you have not been attacked then you cannot truely know how to defend. A lot of the players who are respected are simply respected because they know what to say and what to do, rather than actually doing it. ODA whoring does not mean you are a great player, ODD whoring doesn't, and point whoring doesn't. To be a truely great player you must have the ability to counter attack coordinatedly whilst defending hundreds of attacks effectively, most players struggle to do this.

I am not doubting you know what you're doing btw, I'm just questioning the validity of the things you say.

well said, so, who's gonna counter his statement? I hope some of you wont brag about yourselfs... Dont tell us that you achieve things on other worlds... Its not counted. Brag about what you can do here.

DeletedUser

*reply to Adowsy*

Wasn't intentional, my apologies.

Thana and I played for around 2 months together. When I came back she wasnt really playing. From what I gathered she could have been a better leader than I was but I taught her everything she needed to know about being a great player. I gave her credit because of the time effort and patience she put into holding such an alliance of account sat players together and keeping the remaining players motivated and recruiting. So we never actually played together at the same time. You can slant the ratio statistics as you see fit but you should also take on board that the best players on several worlds are the same people.

Sounds like you are a decent player in your own right and look forward to seeing you on the field if our paths should cross. Not a threat, I mean that in a respectful capacity.

NP, just some people have attempted to use that as a 'witty insult' lol..
I knew you were going to say that, pretty much set you up for it really to be honest (regarding the several best players on same worlds). However, I don't really believe that is the case, I won't argue it, I'll just ask you if you think you are better then all those great players who have quit? Going to take that into account? ;)
Hopefully people read this and think 'hang on, adowsy's right, I may be good but not quite as good as I think' :)

My experience's have taught me that experience is over-rated. The basics of the game can be enough, a noob I've been helping along just cleared a guy who is top 100 on world 6. Being good on other worlds does not mean you are good here, that's why I believe alias' are pointless. (that last bit wasnt aimed at anyone, just an attempt to keep it related to the original topic)

DeletedUser

No reason in particular

I just like making posts, I also like deleting useless posts

who's STO?

Back under the table you ! Random For The Epic Win !!

Where do I know you from ? Your name rings a bell :icon_neutral:

On topic :

In agreement to what Elise said, parmenion is everything he says he is and then quite a bit.
TW is rife with wannabe's. He is not one of them.

aka fuzz

The last sentence started with "I am not doubting you...". I do not know if he has been attacked. However, if he had been mass attacked like many players have, I'm sure he would have said something along the lines of "despite recieving 100's of attacks in short periods of time, I have never lost".

LoL if anyone had dodged a mass attack like that i will congratulate them well i have been mass attacked several times in w11 MCD and i survived it depends on how well you can stack your villages.
I never had 100 incomings though it was 55 at 2 village alone all the attacks contained nobles.