Pure Curiosity

themonkey

Troops in production 1822

Given I started pretty much a week later than the core and only been out of BP for about 5 days, this is just getting rediculous :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

heh, know how u feel.
i had over 2k being made at once :|

over 100 hour ques by a fair bit. theyr down to 120 hours now though!

DeletedUser

Given I started pretty much a week later than the core and only been out of BP for about 5 days, this is just getting rediculous :icon_neutral:

Yeah, I'm almost getting to the point where I have as many in production as I have total:

Troops 3694
Troops in production 2080

Muldie325

Why would you bother upgrading your farm when you already have huge queues? Much better to speed up production by adding a barracks/stable level or two.

DeletedUser

Percentages don't hold up (a savings of like 6-9% for 5 levels), plus it doesn't hurt to have long queues. I have decent levels already, and plenty of current troops.

Muldie325

Long queues don't help either, unless you are inactive. And because you are increasing something that doesn't help rather than something that will increase troop production, you are losing potential troops.

You should always aim for as many troops as possible, directly or indirectly, because troops = power. So saying you have plenty of current troops is ridiculous imo.

DeletedUser

How many do you have? More than 3694? Wasting time to build barracks and stables up past 10 or 11 without having a high level HQ first is wasteful (well barracks at 15 I suppose, after that build time skyrockets). My strategy is working just fine, and If I don't have MORE troops than you, I am probably right at where you are.

Also, long queues might not HELP, but with more resources than what I know what to do with, there isn't anything else to do with em. I could cut my farming down, but that just lets those around me that are farming have an edge. Id rather farm and "Waste" my resources on putting troops in my queue than give it to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muldie325

Yes I have more than you.

You don't need to cut farming down, just let your WH overflow..

DeletedUser15106

How many do you have? More than 3694? Wasting time to build barracks and stables up past 10 or 11 without having a high level HQ first is wasteful (well barracks at 15 I suppose, after that build time skyrockets). My strategy is working just fine, and If I don't have MORE troops than you, I am probably right at where you are.

Also, long queues might not HELP, but with more resources than what I know what to do with, there isn't anything else to do with em. I could cut my farming down, but that just lets those around me that are farming have an edge. Id rather farm and "Waste" my resources on putting troops in my queue than give it to them.

I think what Muldie is saying is that it's a question of balance. If you keep barracks low while building up HQ, then by the time you do start to build barracks you're going to be way behind in troops. If you have a competitive area, this could spell disaster (if not though it might well be worth doing). On the flipside though, the time you spend on lengthy barracks upgrades can never be made up if you do HQ later. That's why I think build order in this world is paramount. No-one who farms is having trouble with resources... the only question is what to build and when, along with just how much should we be farming? I've opted for a middle ground... a few HQ levels, then some barracks/stable, then more HQ, and so on. It seems like a good compromise, and I've never had more than a 30-ish hour long troop queue, because a) I'm not compulsively farming, and b)the troops that would be in a week long queue if I had low rax/stable, have already been built.

This also has another advantage which is becoming apparent since I drastically cut back on farming... the villages around me are actually beginning to grow :icon_eek: Who knows, by the time I have nobles someone in my 15x15 might actually reach 1k points... they wouldn't have a chance if I was keeping the area dry. Overfarming now is false economy: by letting your closer targets grow you are cutting down the need for multiple churches later, costing resources and farm space. If I make it to 4 or 5 villages, I will have a wealth of yummy noble targets to choose from, all inside my original 15x15.
Gosh, I do believe I actually justified my lazy approach to this world :lol:

DeletedUser

Well, I've not entirely neglected my barracks. Some of you guys might have lvl 18+ barracks, but to me that is just a waste of build times. Since Muldie is obviously using an alias and I don't know what it is, for all I know he could be some 500 pointer on the rim just "Saying" he has more troops than me.

I don't know why Drunk deleted his post, but I saw it, and responded to it (Deleted it too), so it DOES theoretically narrow down who his alias is.

DeletedUser

let warehouse over flow, seems kind of pointless, if you can get more troops in que then do it, i never let my warehouse overflow.

DeletedUser15106

Well, I've not entirely neglected my barracks. Some of you guys might have lvl 18+ barracks, but to me that is just a waste of build times. Since Muldie is obviously using an alias and I don't know what it is, for all I know he could be some 500 pointer on the rim just "Saying" he has more troops than me.

I don't know why Drunk deleted his post, but I saw it, and responded to it (Deleted it too), so it DOES theoretically narrow down who his alias is.

He's a ducky! <33
That narrows it down a bit more lol

DeletedUser51390

He's a ducky! <33
That narrows it down a bit more lol

haha im such a tard...those that saw my last post i was incorrect anyway. i keep getting muldie? is it confused with someone else lol...good thing i deleted it then lol

Muldie325

let warehouse over flow, seems kind of pointless, if you can get more troops in que then do it, i never let my warehouse overflow.

It is pointless, but so is having 100 hours in your farm queue, 100 hours down the track your still going to be have masses of resources, so I would spend the res on stuff that will benefit you immediatly and save farm until the queues get under 24 hours.

DeletedUser

Doesn't matter if it seems pointless. It doesn't hurt in any way shape or form. So I build HQ up and then get my rax and stables up more levels then. The time spent is the time spent, and my troops get built either way, troops building in queue will train faster when I raise my rax up later too.

I'm going to need my lvl 24 farm at some point anyway. It isn't like I never train my rax/stables at all, all I have built lately are HQ/farm/Whse/rax/stable anyway. In various orders. 6 hours to get stables up one more level to produce troops 2% faster? OMG, I'm doing it all wrong, I'm going to PHAIL!

DeletedUser

Hey, I'm all about optimizing my performance, but your argument isn't convincing. You didn't get 600 points more than me by simply raising your barracks level. You also can't, without being a hypocrite, rag on me because I raised my farm levels up, when if you have "many more" troops than me, you would also have to have a high level farms.

My barracks and stable are both only lvl 11, but even if you have lvl 20 barracks, you aren't spitting out twice as many troops as me. 10% more maybe. And even then you still have to have the same farm level as me. The only difference is that you have 10% more troops than me NOW.

Yet if I stop everything and build only barracks up to lvl 20 like you, I fall behind. So even if you DO have many more troops than me, it doesn't matter, because YOUR strategy wouldn't work for me at THIS time.

This isn't to say that Barracks aren't in my queue right now (before this convo), I'm just saying you aren't doing anything to help me, you are just trying to sit comfortably on your high horse and put me down for not being as L33t as you.