Pure Curiosity

themonkey

It is pointless, but so is having 100 hours in your farm queue, 100 hours down the track your still going to be have masses of resources, so I would spend the res on stuff that will benefit you immediatly and save farm until the queues get under 24 hours.

The problem is that I cannot spend res on stuff that will benefit me immediately. My HQ has had nothing but 25%+ build, my smithy is fully researched so where else can I spend it other than in the barracks + stable? At least there I am not getting some rediculous 200+% cost to anything I purchase.

I dunno where you are so it's difficult to comment, but the res available on the rim is crazy, and that excludes attacking that could even remotely be potential noble target.

DeletedUser

At what point do your resources start overflowing? When you get light cavalry out? (Mine aren't low, but I wouldn't say they were overflowing)

I'm on the rim, only a VERY small amount of points. Just trying to get a bit of advice really. :icon_confused:

themonkey

At what point do your resources start overflowing? When you get light cavalry out? (Mine aren't low, but I wouldn't say they were overflowing)

I'm on the rim, only a VERY small amount of points. Just trying to get a bit of advice really. :icon_confused:

they overflow when you are farming far more than you can spend either in your HQ or in your troop buildings. As an indication of how quicly they build up, this is where they are now relative to previous:

Troops in production 2392

DeletedUser

No way! That's just silly. :icon_wink:

There must be another way?!

Tic Toc

No way! That's just silly. :icon_wink:

There must be another way?!

You need to realize that the original strategy of upping resources doesn't work here. The troops can run circles around your lumberjacks or clay...diggers. :icon_neutral:

It sounds counter intuitive, but the more resources you want, the more you should spend into troops. So, to answer your question, there is no other way. Get an army. Bust down your neighbor's door.

And to answer your second question, I have about 300 points, and will be getting lc as soon as it stops researching :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

getting the HQ up towards level 30 is no solution for you, monkey?

I restarted around 2 days after you and I've had massive problems with my farm (which is far lower than yours apparently) being full all the time and I couldn't build high HQ levels cause they took forever and my farm would just be full again. How did you manage to get around that problem? Did you ignore the HQ and just kept going for the farm?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I did... though not sure that was the best strategy. I neglected warehouse to build farm, which made me build a warehouse before almost every HQ, so the cycle for awhile went Whse, HQ, Farm...

A Farm because by the time the HQ and Warehouse got done, my population was full or nearing full enough that by the time the Farm got done, it would be. I probably OVER farm, I won't deny it, though my some of my neighbors are still growing so not too bad.

Occasionally I'd get in a barracks or stable or two, before the cycle started over.

My HQ is only lvl 25.

themonkey

getting the HQ up towards level 30 is no solution for you, monkey?

I restarted around 2 days after you and I've had massive problems with my farm (which is far lower than yours apparently) being full all the time and I couldn't build high HQ levels cause they took forever and my farm would just be full again. How did you manage to get around that problem? Did you ignore the HQ and just kept going for the farm?

I haven't been, my HQ is still by far my largest building and its higher than I have ever built one before. At the very begining I was averse to building an HQ quite that large (I had intended to stop at lv25) but I've quickly realised that this is not going to be feasible.

The differences you have to have in build strategy on this relative to previous servers has thrown me somwhat tbh. Never really gone for it outside the core K's either, so I didn't anticipate farming being quite so easy out here...

Oh wells, I'm going to stop moaning now, there are far worse problems to have on this thing :icon_razz:

DeletedUser51390

I haven't been, my HQ is still by far my largest building and its higher than I have ever built one before. At the very begining I was averse to building an HQ quite that large (I had intended to stop at lv25) but I've quickly realised that this is not going to be feasible.

The differences you have to have in build strategy on this relative to previous servers has thrown me somwhat tbh. Never really gone for it outside the core K's either, so I didn't anticipate farming being quite so easy out here...

Oh wells, I'm going to stop moaning now, there are far worse problems to have on this thing :icon_razz:

trust me for most of us bigger/active players the farming is just as easy in the core.

DeletedUser330

Guh, I see what you guys are complaining about, now that I have halted my pointwhoring ways, resources seem much harder to spend :icon_eek:

Farming in the core isn't too bad, a few more active players around, but still quantity over quality always works.

DeletedUser

im farming 2x a day just now. hardly anything.
yet i have resources aplenty

farm levels are easy and quick to fill
HQ is always building, even at 27
barracks about to be 18, and still pumping troops out way over 100 hour ques.
what can i do to spend all the resources??!!

DeletedUser

You need to realize that the original strategy of upping resources doesn't work here. The troops can run circles around your lumberjacks or clay...diggers. :icon_neutral:

It sounds counter intuitive, but the more resources you want, the more you should spend into troops. So, to answer your question, there is no other way. Get an army. Bust down your neighbor's door.

And to answer your second question, I have about 300 points, and will be getting lc as soon as it stops researching :icon_wink:

I have been spending money on troops actually. My problem is, most of my neighbours are still in beginner protection, so I've had to farm bonus villages, that are like, an hour away. I'm working towards getting a stable- Just need to get the smithy up two more levels. I have only 186 points I think.

Can't wait until my neighbours end beginner protection :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I think it's going to be around like, a year for my acad.
:)
Sloww World.

DeletedUser

Solar Flare, I'd say two weeks for you, if you are below smithy 13 at the moment :)

DeletedUser

Solar Flare, I'd say two weeks for you, if you are below smithy 13 at the moment :)

it could well be. im focusing far more on farm/rax/stable anyway. i want near a full farm for when i get nobles, im losing as little as possible, so i can keep nobling when i get villages 2 and 3

DeletedUser

I am roughly 28 days from nobling and I imagine Solar is probably in that area.