Recent Events

DeletedUser

im bored. bored enough to attempt to make a list of recent events in world 8, and summarise the current positions of all the major powers. i doubt there will be any sort of order to this list, but comments are appreciated.

- KNT/C are officially at war with CLOROX and LSD B, but no particular progress is being made either way (not that ive noticed anyway).

- CLOROX is collapsing because of inactivity. either their players got bored after ignoring ample enemies to kill, or theyre cowards and are running around from those ample enemies. personally, i think its the former. i expected the war with fenix/FD to rejuvenate CLOROX into action, but after the first week or so they just went back into a slumber, with each player choosing to ignore fenix/FD's progress against the tribe as a whole.

- DT has killed NUKE.

- IA is sitting around doing nothing, but doing so with no sense of instability or boredom.

- NO has had most of its leaders leave the game/tribe, but still exists somehow.

- FD is fighting CLOROX and certainly isnt losing, but isnt making huge progress either.

- Fenix is making excellent progress against CLOROX.

- AHH has been ever so slowly dying for years now, but is refusing to give up. kudos to them.

- R IPK had a successful op against AHH, but other than that i would guess that theyre noobs. other than that, i have no idea.

- 8W is doing... something? does anyone actually know if these guys are doing anything?

- LSD B appears to be staying as strong as ever.

- FAN has been killed?

- NEA is disillusioning themselves into thinking they are a threat to DT. they are currently making no progress at all, but are at least showing some passion, similar to what NUKE did.

- Myriad has one enemy as far as im aware, and thats DT. unfortunately, we have a very small border with them, making battle awkward. the war hasnt really started yet.

- PR are doing nothing as far as im aware.

- every other tribe in the top 20 have spawned recently from random chunks of players who have left NUKE/CLOROX in an attempt to keep the world interesting. good luck to them, but i doubt their new tribes will survive long.

and thats all i can think of. hopefully others will have some things to add.

DeletedUser47562

- DT has killed NUKE.
Booo.

I always admired your way of thinking in the past, you've always dosed your opinions with critique though structured your posts to be fully supported that your opinions can not be split down and over ruled.

I'm sorry, but that quote has just laid insult upon your self..

You've killed us? More like, you've been eating up our inactives..

WE iz stil ere..

spleen mage

With CLOROX; I think the simple explanation is that the players on the front lines got tired of fighting, while the players safe in the center (like moi) were simply too bored with the game to put in the effort to sending attacks long distance, or with not getting enough action.

DeletedUser

i give your recent events an A for effort but a F- for quality

DeletedUser

With CLOROX; I think the simple explanation is that the players on the front lines got tired of fighting, while the players safe in the center (like moi) were simply too bored with the game to put in the effort to sending attacks long distance, or with not getting enough action.

I think that's exactly it. All of the really good fighters from Clorox seem to have no more passion for World 8 (and with 10 million + troops killed as attacker who would?) They've grown and made their contribution to World 8, and now they are moving on...

But not before launching every single nuke on Tango XD

DeletedUser

- PR are doing nothing as far as im aware.

This isn't strictly true... we ARE planning a BBQ ... theres a raging debate about the relative merits of Djon versus English Mustard ... :icon_wink:

pyronixcore

The player I applaud the most is BreadCastle...

Of all the players, she's the one (I personally) have seen the most continual activity, drive and determination in defending against continual attacks with minimal support from her tribe.

DeletedUser

at sgt.macduff: you might want to update your profile - both the leaders stated on it have abandoned you. speaking of which, whose actually leading you guys these days?
i appreciate your compliments about my past posts, but in an effort to keep most of my points as one-liners, i thought my summarisation of NUKE was succinct and bluntly accurate. we didnt attack your inactives - we attacked anyone on the frontline, we attacked your leaders, and we attacked the (numerous) accounts your leaders were sitting. and we achieved the desired effect - your leaders sat too many accounts to be able to defend without breaking the rules, and whether intentional or not, they were caught for doing so. long story short, we broke their enjoyment in the game, and they were always NUKE's strongest asset. though they were quite aggressive and arrogant, they were pretty damn good leaders. now theyre gone, and though i honestly believe the spirit of NUKE is dead, i hope you prove us wrong.

at despise: id actually heard that you'd quit? if thats not true, then fair enough - ignore what i said about you guys.

at spleen and timmy: our K14/24/etc players havnt quit. i guess we're doing something differently to you guys?

DeletedUser

at sgt.macduff: you might want to update your profile - both the leaders stated on it have abandoned you. speaking of which, whose actually leading you guys these days?
i appreciate your compliments about my past posts, but in an effort to keep most of my points as one-liners, i thought my summarisation of NUKE was succinct and bluntly accurate. we didnt attack your inactives - we attacked anyone on the frontline, we attacked your leaders, and we attacked the (numerous) accounts your leaders were sitting. and we achieved the desired effect - your leaders sat too many accounts to be able to defend without breaking the rules, and whether intentional or not, they were caught for doing so. long story short, we broke their enjoyment in the game, and they were always NUKE's strongest asset. though they were quite aggressive and arrogant, they were pretty damn good leaders. now theyre gone, and though i honestly believe the spirit of NUKE is dead, i hope you prove us wrong.

You are eating....manure, as always. You have no idea what you are talking about whatsoever. Your sole argument for your so called victory is the fact that me and Alien got banned. You have no idea why we got banned and how did we actualy manage to get UNbanned. As well as the fact that you have no idea what our 'new' tribe is about.

Unfortunately, Caesarr, you are one of the leaders in w8 who either: always had false information, or wanted to create and spread false information, or you are plain stupid.
NUKE/Omega has been at war with you for over 2 years and yet, you fail to understand what we stood for, how we played this game and why we played our cards like this.
You are a shame and a disgrace for your tribe and for your people. You never deserved to hold the [DT] flag in your hands, as well as the fact that you never deserved the privilege of even whispering the name of your tribe or mine's.

I have nothing left to lose right now. I am fighting [DT] by my frikin self, with the few villages i have left. This is the spirit with which you blessed your tribe: "hit them hard as long as they are down". You NEVER EVER had the balls to anything against me while you knew i am there, logging in daily, in the back of your head. You never raised one finger to do anything against the engine of NUKE and for this i declare up and forth that you, Duke of [DT], are nothing else but trash. As a leader and as a player.

You broke our enjoyment in the game? Do you think you actually meant something for us, strong enough to break anything? None of us (me and Alien, that is) was actually aware that you are playing this game. Not to meantion about leading a tribe.

You are a nothing, Caesarr.
That's what you have been from the beginning, what you are, and what you will be forever and ever.

No respect for loudmouths, liars and backstabbers who hide behind the name of [DT], hoping that one day someone will notice their shaddow on the battlefield.

DeletedUser

il bring the gas :p
i dont think gas could make that nuclear explosion any bigger lol. it appears someone has some unresolved issues...

im guessing you must have simply forgotten or something, but here are some of the stats that your post should have had:

this one proves my inadequacy as a player:
Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: Caesarr

Side 2:
Tribes: NUKE
Players:

Timeframe: Last 3 months

Total conquers:
Side 1: 59
Side 2: 2,301
Difference: 2,242

Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 49
Side 2: 14
Difference: 35

this one proves my inadequacy as a leader:
Side 1:
Tribes: [DT]
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: NUKE [i didnt feel the need to add 2012, *sun*, or the tribes that players from NUKE temporarily formed when being targeted in an operation]
Players:

Timeframe: Last 3 months

Total conquers:
Side 1: 9,971
Side 2: 2,301
Difference: 7,670

Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 801
Side 2: 261
Difference: 540

and my inadequacy at understanding what NUKE was really about can be seen in the numerous posts made by members of NUKE (other than yourself), shooting me down for not taking them seriously.

and after sifting through your post, i think thats pretty much all the points you made throughout it.

so having been hit hard with your brutal assault on me, here is my retaliation:
Caesarr said:
they [the dukes] were always NUKE's strongest asset. though they were quite aggressive and arrogant, they were pretty damn good leaders.

good luck to you and your tribe in world 36, and congratulations in making NUKE rank 11 there already.

spleen mage

at spleen and timmy: our K14/24/etc players havnt quit. i guess we're doing something differently to you guys?

Ah, first I thought this was simply a nice informative thread for discussion. If I'd realised it was just another attempt to wave your own E-penis around again, then I wouldn't have bothered posting.

I guess your players obviously enjoy the monotonous taking of abandoned and inactive players. Since they started in K14/K24, I'm guessing most of them are not the most experienced players in the world, though I'm sure K14 is noted for its hardcore competition :icon_rolleyes:

It happens. Players get bored and quit, for one reason or another. Most of the BLOC experienced members were the sort that play multiple worlds (or have been on other worlds), so they've been through all this before. When a world reaches a stagnant stage, it's always best to move on. They're not the sort that hold a single world up on a pedestal; when your other worlds are more fun (especially the period around the start), why would you continue to play what is quite frankly a boring, dead world. You don't prove anything by hanging on as long as possible. It certainly doesn't prove that you're a good player.

When you reach a certain village count, it becomes a drag. Or doing the same thing over and over again for a long period of time. You get fluxes of quitting players pretty much randomly, from either boredom or real life events. Boredom, most of the time, is generally down to boredom of the game, people sick with queuing troops, capping villages, etc. I don't know anyone that quits the game because "the tribe was boring" - if that's the case, and they're still interested in playing the game, they can just take measures to resolve it, like changing tribes. Real life issues, well that's just a random factor that takes it toll. No amount of your pathetic [DT] mini-games are going to keep someone from stopping the game due to important real-life issues.

The fact that you try and attribute our member loss rate because of we ran thinks is laughable. I think you need to deflate your ego a little, and stop flaunting your sub-par achievements.

it appears someone has some unresolved issues...

Yes, but don't worry, it's possible for you to grow out of ADHD when you mature.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I guess your players obviously enjoy the monotonous taking of abandoned and inactive players. Since they started in K14/K24, I'm guessing most of them are not the most experienced players in the world, though I'm sure K14 is noted for its hardcore competition :icon_rolleyes:
our K24 players are taking villages in K27.

It happens. Players get bored and quit, for one reason or another. Most of the BLOC experienced members were the sort that play multiple worlds (or have been on other worlds), so they've been through all this before. When a world reaches a stagnant stage, it's always best to move on. They're not the sort that hold a single world up on a pedestal; when your other worlds are more fun (especially the period around the start), why would you continue to play what is quite frankly a boring, dead world. You don't prove anything by hanging on as long as possible. It certainly doesn't prove that you're a good player.

When you reach a certain village count, it becomes a drag. Or doing the same thing over and over again for a long period of time. You get fluxes of quitting players pretty much randomly, from either boredom or real life events. Boredom, most of the time, is generally down to boredom of the game, people sick with queuing troops, capping villages, etc.
you make a valid point. the original BLOC tribes were created by people from world 4(?), while most non-BLOC tribes consisted of people new to the game. this led to BLOC's early lead due to experience, then their lead slowly decreasing as the other players gained all the experience that the world 4 players already had. then, as this was at least their second world, many of the old BLOC players got bored. it certainly gives some food for thought.

whether a world is stagnant and boring obviously depends on one's perspective. i agree though - having huge amounts of villages can get incredibly repetitive and boring, and for this i am eternally grateful to el hippo for creating his claiming system. frankly im surprised that TW hasnt bought it off him and integrated into the game so that everyone can use it, as it opens up entire new aspects of gameplay for when players get into the hundreds of villages.

The fact that you try and attribute our member loss rate because of we ran thinks is laughable. I think you need to deflate your ego a little, and stop flaunting your sub-par achievements.
i honestly wish you were willing to truly listen to the recent posts ive made regarding players quitting. my only aim in them has simply been to attempt to revitalise the world with practical ideas. i dont know if theyll work for everyone, but what else can i do?

you're my enemy in the game, but only because that makes the game fun. its just like playing a FPS with your friends - its fun to be enemies within the game, but outside the game those 'enemies' certainly dont hate each other or anything. i have no idea why, but these simply rules of whats real and whats not seem to get lost in TW very easily.

ive never met you or phaidra, nor have you guys met me. and yet before we even start talking to each other, there seem to be predefined barriers making it unacceptable to communicate as we would in reality. i understand that these are PnP forums, but people seem to treat it as an extension of the game world to an extreme level. just because we take virtual villages from each other's tribes does not mean that have to flame each other in these forums or hate each other in real life.

spleen mage

our K24 players are taking villages in K27.

And over a year ago, I was taking villages in K52, from K55. When your a new eager player, it doesn't seem too tedious. When you've been doing it years, its not quite so fun.

you make a valid point. the original BLOC tribes were created by people from world 4(?), while most non-BLOC tribes consisted of people new to the game. this led to BLOC's early lead due to experience, then their lead slowly decreasing as the other players gained all the experience that the world 4 players already had. then, as this was at least their second world, many of the old BLOC players got bored. it certainly gives some food for thought.

Original BLOC was from world one/two (since it had the same settings as W1) For lots of players, it wasn't even their second world, I know personally W8 was my third.

whether a world is stagnant and boring obviously depends on one's perspective.

Boring, perhaps. Stagnant, that's not so much down to opinion. When a large percentage of the top players are not growing, then it's pretty obvious.

i agree though - having huge amounts of villages can get incredibly repetitive and boring, and for this i am eternally grateful to el hippo for creating his claiming system. frankly im surprised that TW hasnt bought it off him and integrated into the game so that everyone can use it, as it opens up entire new aspects of gameplay for when players get into the hundreds of villages.

True. Been using something (which I assume is similar) on W36, it's quite handy.

i honestly wish you were willing to truly listen to the recent posts ive made regarding players quitting. my only aim in them has simply been to attempt to revitalise the world with practical ideas. i dont know if theyll work for everyone, but what else can i do?

you're my enemy in the game, but only because that makes the game fun. its just like playing a FPS with your friends - its fun to be enemies within the game, but outside the game those 'enemies' certainly dont hate each other or anything. i have no idea why, but these simply rules of whats real and whats not seem to get lost in TW very easily.

I haven't seen these posts, what I have seen is posts which seem to show an "our tribe is better then yours" attitude. Will move onto that in a sec. Note, I'm no longer a world 8 denizen, I hit the delete button a few months back.

ive never met you or phaidra, nor have you guys met me. and yet before we even start talking to each other, there seem to be predefined barriers making it unacceptable to communicate as we would in reality. i understand that these are PnP forums, but people seem to treat it as an extension of the game world to an extreme level. just because we take virtual villages from each other's tribes does not mean that have to flame each other in these forums or hate each other in real life.

I understand what you're saying, but I think it's a misconception. I don't hate players for being on the opposite side; I find it much more enjoyable when I actually get on with my enemies, and we can have a good laugh.

What I don't like, are opposing players who tend to brag, or put down other tribes. I may not have been the same side as [DT], nor KNT, but at least I respected them. Sadly, it seems to be a one way street; the majority of players seem to be posting along the lines of "ha your tribe sucked", "ours is so great", which detracts from the entire thing, and only makes the opposition lose respect for you. While you may think it's "P&P", when you've already won, then P&P is obsolete (though, in a world with such a rigid diplomacy structure, then it pretty much is anyway). Hence, I try and have a more objective look on things.

What people don't seem to realise, is that TW is largely down to circumstance. Think of all the world changing possibility's that might have occured. What if Davoe were never part of BLOC? What if FEAR didn't get banned? What if REL and [DT] allied at the start?

Anything can change the outcome of a world, it's not simply "we played better then you", which again, seems to be the A-bloc attitude. I have no problem extending my hand and saying 'Well played' to any A-bloc tribe. After all, I'm not ashamed to admit KNT/[DT] (and especially FEAR) were good tribes. What I wont do is say "Yes, you're tribe was much better then us" or "we sucked". Like I said, it's largely down to many different circumstances - it could have gone either way at any time. Just because your tribe wins, it doesn't give reason to be derogatory about the losers.

I respect enemies that show respect.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i dont think gas could make that nuclear explosion any bigger lol. it appears someone has some unresolved issues...

im guessing you must have simply forgotten or something, but here are some of the stats that your post should have had:

this one proves my inadequacy as a player:

this one proves my inadequacy as a leader:

and my inadequacy at understanding what NUKE was really about can be seen in the numerous posts made by members of NUKE (other than yourself), shooting me down for not taking them seriously.

and after sifting through your post, i think thats pretty much all the points you made throughout it.

so having been hit hard with your brutal assault on me, here is my retaliation:

good luck to you and your tribe in world 36, and congratulations in making NUKE rank 11 there already.

Exactly my point. Hit them hard while they are down. It's around 2 months since me and Alien have given up world 8. The only opportunity you saw in order to break K27, were the barbarians (result of bannings). From there, the usual scheme: stacking the villas you just took, building offense in them, nobling whatever was empty around. Nearly impossible for us to put enough defense in ALL the villages around the red dots in 27. Not that i was arsed to even shift one spear there.

Our bannings did in 1 month what your project mayhem didn't achieve in almost 1 year. This is the failure of your leadership.

You, in effect, took no part in this war, untill 2-3 months ago. I find it funny that no mayhem was organized on Phaidra until you saw me inactive, with a huge village loss as a result of bannings.

As for the new world we are playing, i hope it's obvious that if NUKE and [DT] started w8 with equal odds, NUKE would have been the one to surround [DT] now, harassing them with the same cheap jokes you are currently blessing us with. Oh wait, i forgot that Phaidra and Alien would have never offered you a ceasefire AFTER discussing with REB and telling them that Omega is considering your offer.

Unfortunately for you and unlike us, you have always been far away from the plot. Maybe tangential with it sometimes, but never in the middle of it.
And if there is something for which i really bash you, that would be your lack of diplomatic skills. From here, everything i said in my first post of this thread.

DeletedUser

Haha, I love you ceasarr, you brought back the flaming ^.^