The Flame Dragons-Phoenix War Crimes Court

DeletedUser

Why are you trying to twist what I said into propaganda? .

Because when BLOC lost, rather than say good game, you won... they said oh no you didn't win, we left, the world is boring we quit, excuse excuse... Poor sportsmanship IMNSHO

I simply said the world is mainly inactive, which is true. You just agreed with what I was saying. I don't see what you're trying to argue...

I'm trying to clarify the reason it's somewhat inactive, and that it's only "mainly inactive" in the BLOC regions.

Your view is largely biased

Biased views posted in a P&P forum?? OMG the insanity! :icon_eek:

spleen mage

Because when BLOC lost, rather than say good game, you won... they said oh no you didn't win, we left, the world is boring we quit, excuse excuse... Poor sportsmanship IMNSHO

Bullshit.

I said nothing like that. Again, you can't go a single post without twisting my words. Are you this ignorant on purpose, or do you have special training?

I DIDN'T say "You didn't win, we left"

I SAID "the world is currently inactive".

Those two statements are not related in any way. Is that hard for you to comprehend? Though on that point, I think bragging "we won, we won" or "your tribe sucked" comes under the category of "poor sportsmanship".

DeletedUser

The worldis not largly inactive. Only CLOROX has bad inactivity.

Stop trying to squeeze the fun out by saying the world is dead. This world will carry on for years to come. Its not dead, the sooner you guys decide to just leave this world alone, considering all of you guys are inactive right?, the sooner this world will carry on dont worry, [DT], KNT, Fenix, F.D. and N.O will take your inactive villages and then carry on.

All you see is people quiting, all i see is people coming back. So to me its as if its getting more active because there is more people to interact with, while again its the opposite to you. I have zero complaints with the activity of the world. I still have numerous fronts against numerous active enemy players so i dont see what the problem is, for me :)

DeletedUser92

I think the "the world is dead" commentary comes as a result of one thing - The decks are stacked in a completely pointless manner. The main anti-bloc opponent, CLOROX? They're inactive. They're not a threat. But, there's too much bad blood for either side to back off and go about smarter affairs.

If the "Union" (read: Bloc #2) were to allow CLOROX to restructure, they'd be a smaller, more effective tribe. If CLOROX wanted to restructure, it might have a fighting chance against its enemies. As it stands, though, its pretty close to over.

Sure, there are great tribes like LSD B out and about. Nuke's performed very well, too. And, to round up the "pro-CLOROX" side, lets add Rip-K and Myriad in. That's five tribes, only one of which can be considered capable of fighting a world war by any stretch of the imagination, versus...Who, again?

KNT? [DT]? Fenix? That right there is more than a balanced fight in terms of available forces, if not talent. Then add in the smaller tribes (F.D) and the just plain scavengers (N.O.) and you have a pointless game for one half of the world. So few people from the original Bloc are left (and there's been attrition on the other side of the fence, too) that it makes the idea of attempting to stage a comeback pointless at best.

Could it be done?

Yes. However, it would take a concerted invasion by a number of strongly, seriously vested players who fit the criteria of A: Having access to top-ranked accounts capable of being deployed immediately into combat, B: Having access to less-than-top-ranked accounts that can be rekitted into effective fighters, and C: Primarily, a substantial pool of active, aggressive, and most of all pointed players.

If you gave a half-decent leader little more than one magically-appearing continent in the middle of nowhere, there could be a point. LSD B has done vastly more than prove this - its an amazing group of players. However, in the end its all about self-interest. Is LSD B going to continue fighting as one of the only tribes left on the old Bloc side, even as CLOROX fades into rust? Maybe. If so, more power to 'em, but I doubt it - and I'm not sure it'd be the wise move, anyway.

So what's gonna happen to W8?

Unfortunately, this really isn't looking fun for one reason - look into the future and ask, "what happens after CLOROX is officially dead and gone?" The answer sounds to some like "we clean up CLOROX's allies," but really that's kind of pointless. Only KNT and N.O. have a front with LSD B, and only [DT] has a solid one with NUKE. So what happens?

The answer is, there's a popularity contest. Its pure politics, but some poor tribe will end up on the outs with one of its Union friends...And bam. Declaration of war from one, alliances dropped to NAP's then to neutral then to war with the rest. World One, pre-TW/RoBAC. Not always, but usually this poor chap is also the smallest around - the most vulnerable target.

So how do we prevent this?

Some people like this idea, and that's...Cool. I mean, its their game. I don't enjoy this kind of game, however, so my suggestion - hinted at around the start of this diatribe - is to let CLOROX restructure under some kind of agreement. The Union and its friends/allies can all come up with some sort of teams, including CLOROX. The easiest answers are "North versus South," or "east versus west."

If this sounds familiar, its because this was how the Bloc expected the world to end. I think its a good thing we're not the ones that have to decide it - we were so very, very wrong about what we'd consider fun.

What's this have to do with the war crimes court?

Easy. The invective described in the mere idea of a "war crimes court" is the reason why so many people (more than most care to admit) are quitting, or want to. And I'm talking big names on both sides. This post is just one idea on how to ameliorate the situation and have a more entertaining world.

Who knows, I might even actually give it a shot if the teams shape up right, assuming I don't forget to log in for a week.

DeletedUser

Now i am sure i am wrong here and i am not trying to be disrespectful. But it has seemed to me for awhile now that blocs biggest problems have always been with personalities (egos).

Bloc for a better term still has control a lot of space. Still has a lot very good players. The problem is they don't seem to work well together. Maybe it is the leadership, maybe not. Something is wrong with the way bloc works together (internal) that is. There is no doubt many of the players are very close. I believe the remains could be put together into a very, very good tribe. Being able to work together as a cohesive unit for any amount of time seems to be the tough part.

DeletedUser

at JP: so essentially, your point is that the pressure on CLOROX should be taken off to give them a chance to sort themselves out?

in one aspect, it makes sense - if the losing tribe is given a chance to recover, then the war will go for longer, thus meaning the fun will last for longer.

besides this though, you're essentially saying that the rank 1 tribe needs a chance to get organised because they cant handle getting attacked by the rank 4 and 5 tribes. frankly, if thats true then they dont really deserve to be rank 1, do they? why should 2 tribes which werent even superpowers at the time sacrifice their chance at becoming one, simply to allow a tribe which should be able to handle the war a chance to fight back?

having said that, i must agree that seeing as its clear that CLOROX lost that war, it would be nice to see it break up into smaller tribes of players who are willing and able to work together closely in an LSD B fashion. that would certainly lead to a more entertaining game in the centre of the world.

to be the devil's advocate (again) though, all that this would really improve is the centre of the world - all the tribes not in that CLOROX-controlled area (KNT, LSD B, DT, NUKE, Myriad, FD, Fenix, R IPK and AHH) are having great fun in multiple wars. these tribes dont particularly need to give CLOROX a chance to get organised, because they already have enough enemies to last them at least a few months. sure, maybe Fenix and FD will decide theyve definitively beaten CLOROX and decide to give them a break for a while in the hope that some worthy opposing tribes will rise from the ashes, but thats up to them. as the victors of the war, its their privilege to do so if they wish, not their responsibility.

DeletedUser

i just want to say that no one or two tribes beat clorox and if they say that they did then they are just plain slow, now as far as the recovering part we all know that won't happen

DeletedUser

i just want to say that no one or two tribes beat clorox and if they say that they did then they are just plain slow, now as far as the recovering part we all know that won't happen

Maybe not but they sure did give clorox a good ass whipping!!

DeletedUser92

at JP: so essentially, your point is that the pressure on CLOROX should be taken off to give them a chance to sort themselves out?

...besides this though, you're essentially saying that the rank 1 tribe needs a chance to get organised because they cant handle getting attacked by the rank 4 and 5 tribes...

...to be the devil's advocate (again) though, all that this would really improve is the centre of the world - all the tribes not in that CLOROX-controlled area (KNT, LSD B, DT, NUKE, Myriad, FD, Fenix, R IPK and AHH) are having great fun in multiple wars. these tribes dont particularly need to give CLOROX a chance to get organised, because they already have enough enemies to last them at least a few months. sure, maybe Fenix and FD will decide theyve definitively beaten CLOROX and decide to give them a break for a while in the hope that some worthy opposing tribes will rise from the ashes, but thats up to them. as the victors of the war, its their privilege to do so if they wish, not their responsibility.

I mean, first things first, CLOROX isn't even #2 anymore for a combination of reasons - losses to its enemies as well as internal dissolution. Its #3, and its just at war with #4 and #5. Lets play numbers and look at the top 20 tribes only, side-for-side, so far as I know them:

Ex-Bloc: CLOROX (3), Nuke (7), Myriad (12), LSD B (14), Rip K(16)
Union: KNT/C (1, 6), DT (2), Fenix (4), F.D (5), N.O. (9), AHH (11)

Now, I'm sure there are other tribes that have some stake in this war. I see REL is...Around...And that's okay, I guess. I mean, they might only be at war with one or maybe two, but they're too new to add anything, anyway.

The point is, it isn't even a close-to-equal disparity of forces. The #3 tribe against the other top 4 tribes? In the early game, when rank doesn't matter so much, that's overcomeable. Hell, plenty of #1 tribes suck, and have sucked. OLB, anyone? But now, rank generally has a legitimate (though not universal) application. And, as stated, this isn't even a close fight, power-wise.

Which is fine for many. Some people are probably getting their rocks off with every single report of another CLOROX disaster. That's chill. On the other hand, some people want a real war, a fun one. This can't be achieved just by letting CLOROX "off the hook." It requires a full-scale rearrangement of the sides of this war.

It could mean KNT and [DT] declare war on each other and do a "draft pick," choosing tribes they want on their side like kids pick each other for kickball games.

It could mean everyone north of a certain line - or just in the K40's+ - join one tribe, and everyone south join another.

It could mean we go east-versus-west, instead.

Point is, I've never found "everyone against one tribe" to be much fun. Why? The winner is pre-determined, and anyone who sides with them just ends up next. Don't tell me that [DT] would declare war on F.D before it finished Nuke off, if CLOROX were dead tomorrow. Don't tell me KNT would declare on AHH before finishing LSD B off. Its just how it goes. And don't tell me that when its all over, you aren't going to pick the weakest of your NAP's and get all of your allies to declare on 'em. That, my friends, is part of what the Bloc hoped to prevent if it won - and we probably were naive to think so.

But if that's the way you want the world to play, then so be it. Just don't be surprised if a lot of CLOROX people bail out because its not a fair fight.

DeletedUser

Maybe not but they sure did give clorox a good ass whipping!!

once again any tribe that says that is also seriously misguided, they may have been beating us but no tribe, i repeat no tribe gave us a good ass whooping until half the world was against us

DeletedUser

[spoil]I mean, first things first, CLOROX isn't even #2 anymore[/spoil]
I remember 8w and the fight with clorox......they didnt cried out so much about it.

[spoil]Point is, I've never found "everyone against one tribe" to be much fun[/spoil].
Answer: ur own words: its not one versus all, never was.
[spoil]Ex-Bloc: CLOROX (3), Nuke (7), Myriad (12), LSD B (14), Rip K(16)
Union: KNT/C (1, 6), DT (2), Fenix (4), F.D (5), N.O. (9), AHH (11)[/spoil]

[spoil]Why? The winner is pre-determined, and anyone who sides with them just ends up next.[/spoil]
Was'nt this ur strategy?
If you work with us u gain a NAP status--> never ally because we plan later on to remove you anyway.
In ur own eyes the winner was pre-determined and it was Bloc.
No one outside Bloc was good enought to be ur ally, only ur old friends with who you made the Bloc: DTATM& RossWP&Uritel.
After all it was so many great players from older worlds :lol:

[spoil]And don't tell me that when its all over, you aren't going to pick the weakest of your NAP's and get all of your allies to declare on 'em. That, my friends, is part of what the Bloc hoped to prevent if it won - and we probably were naive to think so.[/spoil]
what part Bloc wanted to prevent?
Everyone to strike same tribe or you wanted to avoid NAPS being atacked after evryone else was removed?

[spoil]But if that's the way you want the world to play, then so be it. Just don't be surprised if a lot of CLOROX people bail out because its not a fair fight.[/spoil]

Im sorry, so many players have been rimmed because it wasnt a fair fight till now.Do we play nice from now on?
How fair was for KNTC isolated in south to be rimmed by Clorox for THE? or ORI isolated outside k44.

DeletedUser

To be honest [DT] had little to do with the fight with Clorox. There just wasn't much going on. We had a small little area and i think Clorox ever launched maybe one or two ops on us.

You did have a decent front with KNT. Not too large but very manageable.

F.D. - You chose this war and looking at the map with the regions they control compared to Clorox. I would have thought that Clorox would have had a major advantage. Last time i looked at the stats F.D. had the advantage.

Fenix- This was the wild card that Clorox decided to play and it cost them the war.

It was your decision to goto war with F.D and Fenix. You chose to side with Fan.

I wonder if you had to do it again.. would you make the same decisions?

I think that whatever comes of the new tribes it will have more to do with diplomacy, new ideas and new leaders stepping up. I am not sure if it will help since everyone smells blood.

For many tribes there is nothing wrong with the way the world is shaping up. I know i for one hope that Clorox, ReL or any of the other tribes that have formed gets things worked out and become a strong fighting force.

DeletedUser

once again any tribe that says that is also seriously misguided, they may have been beating us but no tribe, i repeat no tribe gave us a good ass whooping until half the world was against us

My comment may have been out of line. You were in a tough spot of that there is no doubt. But never forget. It was a spot you put yourself in. Maybe it was arrogance or maybe you just had some bad luck at the worse times. Your leaders knew who was active and who wasn't before they decided to have so many enemies.

At one point it was TRE, Clorox, Fan, Nuke, LSDB, Myriad, F.D, Fenix against KNT and [DT]. Now not everyone of those tribes may have attacked us but i am sure they may have helped with support. They were your allies or close friends.

Can you really blame all the changes that have taken place on boredom? I think it has more to do with how the bloc leaders treated others.

DeletedUser

If Clorox hadn't attacked FD we would probably be at war with DT right now.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't doubt that. I believe since that time we have gained each others respect :)

DeletedUser

make no mistake about it i'm not whining or complaining, i'm just saying that no one tribe can take credit for beating us, i also know that decsions were made that weren't good, and even though clorox and DT never had a full out war just knowing that at any point in time you could be attacked be an enemy will cause you to send less troops on the front line for fear of you yourself being attacked has an impact on the wars

DeletedUser

If Clorox hadn't attacked FD we would probably be at war with DT right now.

we both know that the question of who attacked first will always be up for debate, i don't know but i'll stand behind what my tribemates say happened and i'm ure you will do the same, now if you have proof then we can talk

DeletedUser

we both know that the question of who attacked first will always be up for debate, i don't know but i'll stand behind what my tribemates say happened and i'm ure you will do the same, now if you have proof then we can talk

Does it matter? The fact is you chose FAN. The smart move would have let F.D attack FAN and move one. You would have had Clorox, F.D and Fenix mostly against KNT.

At the time F.D was close to LAW and i am not sure how that would have went since they had some ties.

Bad decisions led to Clorox's downfall They could have had a massive front against KNT but bad decisions changed all that.

DeletedUser

U mean your previous tribe, Hows life in H.O.P?