The Flame Dragons-Phoenix War Crimes Court

DeletedUser

Bullshit.

I said nothing like that. Again, you can't go a single post without twisting my words. Are you this ignorant on purpose, or do you have special training?

I DIDN'T say "You didn't win, we left"

I SAID "the world is currently inactive".

Those two statements are not related in any way. Is that hard for you to comprehend? Though on that point, I think bragging "we won, we won" or "your tribe sucked" comes under the category of "poor sportsmanship".

Sorry can you point out where I said that you said "you didn't win, we left" ? I don't recall saying it, so I'm interested in see where I did. thanks.

Oh and while you're at it, can you point out where I said your tribe sucked?

DeletedUser

KNT? [DT]? Fenix? That right there is more than a balanced fight in terms of available forces, if not talent. Then add in the smaller tribes (F.D) and the just plain scavengers (N.O.) and you have a pointless game for one half of the world.

hmm reminds me of the BLOC days where they had the majority of the top 5 tribes yet still kept trying to recruit more tribes.

Good strategy when you do it, but boring when your enemy does?

Just don't be surprised if a lot of CLOROX people bail out because its not a fair fight.

Yes like LSD B, CEG, REL, CLOROX, FD, FENIX and KNT (had we said yes) would have been a fair fight against DT, FEAR and OOPS? Again, it's only OK if you do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Because when BLOC lost, rather than say good game, you won... they said oh no you didn't win, we left, the world is boring we quit, excuse excuse... Poor sportsmanship IMNSHO

I'm trying to clarify the reason it's somewhat inactive, and that it's only "mainly inactive" in the BLOC regions.

Biased views posted in a P&P forum?? OMG the insanity! :icon_eek:
there you go payback, right there in bold

DeletedUser

at JP: ill start by saying that i agree with Payback in that what you are calling boring/bad now are the same things you guys were doing to us a year ago.

however, because the world is much older now and all the players are much bigger, nobody is really in danger of being rimmed any more. for this reason, i agree with the overall idea you made in your post - with the current diplomacy, the world will become boring faster than it would otherwise. earlier in the world, people had fun by simply surviving. at this stage though, there is virtually no danger to players over 2mil points - especially with a solid tribe ready to support them. and thus the danger that was present earlier in the game is now gone, and people no longer get enjoyment from the safe "lets stay alive" approach that worked in the beginning.

so essentially, it all seems to come down to what phase the world is going through to what constitutes as fun. BLOC had an excellent strategy for staying alive in the beginning, and it worked well for them. the rest of the world did not have fun (leading to the hatred towards BLOC) until players slowly started to get big enough to not fear being rimmed as much, reducing panic and allowing the anti-BLOC tribes to get organised and fight back. at this point, the world was in its prime, with the stronger side underestimating the enemy, leading to incredibly enjoyable wars. because of the stigma felt towards BLOC, the rest of the world continued to push forward until they became the dominate ones, and for the first time in the world did not have to fear being destroyed. these tribes have now basked in that feeling for a while, soaking in the new source of enjoyment that BLOC enjoyed at the beginning. however, because all the remaining players were so much larger, they probably made themselves more secure than necessary - the original requirements for safety no longer applied, but this wasnt realised until recently. now the dominate tribes are trying to bring back the fun that they experienced in world 8's prime when they fought back strong enemies.

when taking into account the strong ties between KNT and DT in the north, and Fenix and FD in the south, each half of the world is going to have a fair amount of difficulty in finding other tribes to fight on even ground. as these 2 alliances are not going to end any time soon at all, our only hope for world 8 to stay enjoyable is for us to allow the stranded players are chances to join together and get organised.

because of world 8's age, victory is no longer the main cause of enjoyment - fighting is.

Vorky

Haha, no wonder he looks at his ex villages(now in bunnies hands) :lol: from distance.

Little advice(LSD B already owns 5% in k43) build cats for LSDB to make them respect you.
And also dont sleep in ur pants.
I remember LSD B nobled from my small tribe only 3 villages (from a red account) even if they tried to take more at one point :icon_rolleyes: but they didnt liked the extra defence arrived from scouting to nuking them.

Would you please refresh my memory. Which tribe out of those 11 you were in was that? because I don't remember any of our operations failing.

As for the rest of the conversations mentioning LSD B:

WE had NAP with BLOC. We never sided with them. WE attacked KNT/C by our own choice (the fact that the other sides of the world were purple on map kinda helped), and we attacked them long before anyone in BLOC even thought about going to war with KNT/C family.

LSD B never had plans on atacking DT, Oops, FEAR or any other tribe around us or far away from us. KNT/C excluded ;) They were such nice bunch of bright red dots. :) And they still are. :D

@PayBack: We are always happy to make you happy :)

Last edited:

bronzl

Than i will be first to admit to UNION - you guys won.

BLOC is no more, ( DAVOE, CEG, REL-(again now), CLOROX still quite big).....it is no longer the force used to be. We lost our fighting capabilities.

I know we have talked over and over about reasons for whole world events, why this happened, why that happened, writting mainlly by people who dont know nothing about issues and have no background to comment it, yet they are on the P&P front lines.

I would say this, BLOC died because of many reasons ( inactivity, wrong decisions, war).

There is no more to say. You win, we loose.

If you look at the map, it would be obvious :)

I agree with your post, that people over 2 mio have nothing to worry about, because they are too big and with some support they could never be rimmed. If they know minimum how to play :).

Now its time to reshape W8, but i have no idea how or what will come out of it. I still see lot of BLOC players active, big, nobling, fighting, but we REALLY lost too many players due to RL, i for one almost quit when i went off from CLOROX, because of whole mess and my K-65 buddies, with whom i started this world, quited. It hurted, like a b******. Really. I didnt care if i lost 100 vills, what killed me was my best buddies go away.

Sad days for me and for W8.

Looks like UNION tribes have different sterategy, because not whole lot of you quited.

But i think, here i think will be flammed :), that now that you are NO.1, you will see in upcoming moths similar faith as old BLOC, because its not hard to reach to the TOP, its harder to keep it. Lots of our players got bored :)

Our sides ( old BLOC - UNION ), we both had wonderfull wars and OP-s and diplomacy and players, really this world will go to chronicles, but i will admit too that i respect lots of my enemies, because after all that is one player behind the computer, and if its cool, why dont have good relations with him.:)

Its simple, we cant make science out of this. What is left of old BLOC tribes, need to reshape however possible, while UNION right now seems to be crusing :).

So here is KUDOS to my enemies, respect!

Without you i wouldnt have so much fun this 2,5 years.

bronzl
former duke of CLOROX

spleen mage

Sorry can you point out where I said that you said "you didn't win, we left" ? I don't recall saying it, so I'm interested in see where I did. thanks.?

You said this....

Because when BLOC lost, rather than say good game, you won... they said oh no you didn't win, we left, the world is boring we quit, excuse excuse... Poor sportsmanship IMNSHO

You said that in response to me (seeing as you quoted me and all...). I never said anything about BLOC "not losing". So either you were directing it at me, or it was a completley irrelevant point, as it had nothing to do what we'd been talking about previously. I'm just wondering why you decide to take a discussion completley out of context just to flame ex-BLOC?

Oh and while you're at it, can you point out where I said your tribe sucked?

Sorry can you point out where I said that you said that you said "your tribe sucked"? I don't recall saying it, so I'm interested to see where I did. Thanks.

DeletedUser

nice post bronzl. its good to see some posts shine out like that amid the flaming and tedious complaining common in P&P forums.

Than i will be first to admit to UNION - you guys won.
thank you for saying so. i know that i personally - and if i may be so bold as to speak for the rest of DT - really appreciate your graciousness and honour. it honestly does mean a lot to hear the leader of our enemy say such a thing.

I didnt care if i lost 100 vills, what killed me was my best buddies go away.
i totally agree. i wouldnt quit if i lost half my villages, but if everyone ive come to know in this game quit, id definitely follow suit.

its not hard to reach to the TOP, its harder to keep it. Lots of our players got bored :)
and thats our biggest danger at the moment. fortunately, after observing the consequences of being a superpower and learning from the mistakes of past superpowers, we hope to prevent this.

but i will admit too that i respect lots of my enemies, because after all that is one player behind the computer, and if its cool, why dont have good relations with him.:)

So here is KUDOS to my enemies, respect!

Without you i wouldnt have so much fun this 2,5 years.
well said, and full respect to you guys as well :)

DeletedUser

bronzl is a good friend of mine but i disagree, the war isn't over and clorox is shaping up and will be a fighting force soon, so whenever clorox disbands(or at least drops out of the top 5) then you can start talking about the war being over

DeletedUser

Bronzl is a top guy, always has been - and im not just saying that cus i want to get more support on w21 :lol: (be mailing you there soon though!!) :icon_wink:

Its about mates as much as anything to me - and i can agree with Bronzl and Caesarr ref the villages over good mates thing.

As to w8 - well i have been advocating freshening it up for ages - when it was clear months ago all this bloc/ union stuff was old even then :)

Bronzl - not all of us have gone - oh and btw i promised Agariba to er..send a rocket up your ass to get back active in w37 btw - er ..ill be mailing you soon mate :lol:

To be fair to Fenix and FD i'm not sure i would want to stop with the momentum they have ... as to Clorox we will see hoe omnipotent and Godlike the new God Emporer there is :lol:

btw - anyone not sure what 'omnipotent' means can ask Ruip :lol: ..*ahem* i am digressing - i do that on occasion you know :icon_wink:

however, back to the theory of freshening up w8 - well it is certainly the only way to make it interesting again - and i guess will come down to the will of leaders to discuss it honestly and with open minds

who knows..even PR may sober up, awaken ... have a few pots of coffee and a gfew whiskeys and saddle up?

... its a long shot i know... but stranger things have happened :lol:

chivalrous knight

bronzl is a good friend of mine but i disagree, the war isn't over and clorox is shaping up and will be a fighting force soon, so whenever clorox disbands(or at least drops out of the top 5) then you can start talking about the war being over

Or maybe it can be psychology warfare?:icon_wink:

Admitting your foe had won...send in a trojan horse, let your foe celebrate...

and come back with a bang after regroup:)

DeletedUser92

I mean...Wow...Lots has been said.

I don't know -Payback-'s point because he's still on my ignore list, but it sounds like the point I made about things sounding a bit naive. BLOC was an answer to the THE/CLOROX question - the mods mixed the world numbers up on us and suddenly one tribe was pledged between two. So THE and CLOROX endeavored to set something up by which they could be allies, work together, and dominate their regions to eventually have some kind of showdown. And it succeeded in all but the final part of that goal. THE defeated (with one draw against [DT]) every opponent it faced in the NW, while CLOROX took over the SE.

But, it was probably pretty naive of us to think that the end-game would develop the way we wanted. The point has been made about CLOROX picking FAN over F.D - What choice did it have? It was allied with FAN, and F.D attacked! The options were "betray an ally" - which would have been proof positive that the Bloc was as evil as everyone said it was - or "Enter a war you might not be able to win."

True, there's the third option - stay out and try to settle the fight diplomatically. That's probably where I'd have gone with it. Unfortunately, it wasn't my call. I was too busy pounding my head into a wall trying to make a tribe that didn't want to fight stick together.

Fortunately, I don't have that problem anymore.

The BLOC was something unique, something that had a lot of strengths even if it had a lot of flaws. One of its flaws was arrogance - justified to an extent, but ultimately I don't think any tribe or tribes beat us. We beat ourselves. UNION? Maybe they'll get it right. I doubt it, because if they do they might as well just say "yay we won, quit W8." BLOC always had the intention of splitting the world into close-to-equal halves and fighting over it. The problem is, we underestimated just what a task conquering a world is - many of us had done it once with TW and were fed up with it, while others simply never had a clue what it meant to take a world by force.

On the other hand, Union's roots lie in the Anti-Bloc, which had as its mantra "Kill the Bloc." Now that that's all but done, what's next? I'd love to hear some possible answers.

DeletedUser

[DT] answer has always been war. Always be active, always have an enemy. It keeps the members active, happy and your tribe growing.. At least that is how it has worked for us so far.

Diplomacy is nice but it also can make the tribe inactive. You can't get your bad players good if you are friends with everyone and you have no one for them to learn against.

Look how good the player in TRE are/were on the [DT] front. Clorox for all there might was really inactive for a long time..

DeletedUser

THE defeated (with one draw against [DT]) every opponent it faced in the NW, while CLOROX took over the SE.

Look, I know that we've been arguing over who won the KNT-THE war for a long time, but you can't seriously think that THE "defeated every opponent it faced." I mean, THE allowed a little seed to survive that eventually grew into the #1 tribe in the world.

DeletedUser

kondoo's post pretty much sums up DT's view.

and forget about the UNION. the idea lasted about a month before it was scrapped. the only thing remaining from it is a shared off topic forum.

DeletedUser

You said this....

Yes I did say BLOC made excuses rather than say GG, you won. I did not say you said it... so I'm still waiting for the quote where I say you did.

Or if I reply to you with a post about horses, does that mean I'm calling you a horse?

Look, I know that we've been arguing over who won the KNT-THE war for a long time, but you can't seriously think that THE "defeated every opponent it faced." I mean, THE allowed a little seed to survive that eventually grew into the #1 tribe in the world.

Yes, considering at the end of that war they had taken 90 villages, and we'd taken 180. I'd hardly call a 2 to 1 noble ratio in our favour as being defeated lol.

spleen mage

Yes I did say BLOC made excuses rather than say GG, you won. I did not say you said it... so I'm still waiting for the quote where I say you did.

Or if I reply to you with a post about horses, does that mean I'm calling you a horse?

But replying with a post about horses in a discussion about something entirely different would be pointless.

Which is entirely my point. You waltzed into a thread and made some claim about "BLOC making excuses". Maybe it wasn't aimed at me directly, but since I was part of Bloc, that's a moot point.

The point that I am making, is that what you said had nothing to do with the discussion. It would be like me going into a thread about Fenix Vs. CLOROX and go around spamming "KNT ARE MASS RECRUITERS".

It was flame-bait, nothing more.

I'd said....

I simply said the world is mainly inactive, which is true. You just agreed with what I was saying. I don't see what you're trying to argue....

....which resulted in you saying....

....I mean, what?! How is that related?

Last edited: