Good players leaving new worlds

DeletedUser

Can we all say a silent prayer (or sacrifice a chicken if that's what you're into) to the good players who die early in new worlds..

It's a shame to see a good player get rimmed or quit and go back to their old worlds through the random factors involved... typical random factors that can rim you as a good player include:

1. OMG i've joined a tribe that has become an academy
2. My duke has an agenda to destroy every other tribe in my K... when none of us have nobles
3. I simply cannot be arsed doing this from scratch (after 5 days... when you have hundreds of villages on your other world) :)
4. Wife/Kids/GF realising what you're doing (if it takes him so long playing now what will happen when this world kicks off as well)
5. Your a politician and the press realises what you're really doing all day.
6. The sheer idiocy of 85% of players on a world... the fact is a world gets really good after around 1.5 years (there are still noobs in these worlds.. but they know their place lol)

Please feel free to post some more reasons below - - -

DeletedUser

1. They lack 'staying power'.
2. They're sore losers and give up if they've endured a bit of bad luck.
3. Noobalitions.
4. Get banned.
5. Just don't have the time.
6. GoK was just too good :/ LOL

Those are probably the most common real reasons...

DeletedUser

6. The sheer idiocy of 85% of players on a world... the fact is a world gets really good after around 1.5 years . . .

i would have to disagree with that being a rule. in my experience ive seen world get very interesting building up to the 1.5 year mark, then you see a quick drop in interest and quality players.

i would say a major factor in good players packing up shop and moving on is disagreeable politics (either tribal or global.)

DeletedUser

Personal reasons I think about quitting:
1. Too easy!! Regardless of all the talk most players still have no clue what they're doing.
2. Farming...it really is boring as all hell.
3. Diplomacy. I hate early world diplomacy, but sometimes it's needed (so I'm told) when everyone in your area is in the same tribe or allied to everyone else.
4. 24/7 accounts...I hate players that think their special because their account is online all the time. I like the old days when it was 1 player for 1 account. (for the most part)
5. I'm reminded just how much time it takes to play properly, often going out wins over staying at home to dodge/back time or whatever. RL wins in my book.
6. The fact that new worlds are starting just around the corner cheapening the overall talent in all worlds.

Did I mention it's just too easy to succeed??

DeletedUser

1: Too many feeling elite.
2: Farming.... Ye kinda boring right now when too many turtle in your area.
3: Too many worlds keep on opening.
4: 24/7 account. I have to agree on free eek about this one. I'm not really impressed with players such 2-4 people in 1 account. Miss the good old days. 1 player per account.
5: Too many mouth in public forum they can't even back it up IG.

Reviv333

1. Too easy!! Regardless of all the talk most players still have no clue what they're doing.
3. Diplomacy. I hate early world diplomacy, but sometimes it's needed (so I'm told) when everyone in your area is in the same tribe or allied to everyone else.
4. 24/7 accounts...I hate players that think their special because their account is online all the time. I like the old days when it was 1 player for 1 account. (for the most part)
5. I'm reminded just how much time it takes to play properly, often going out wins over staying at home to dodge/back time or whatever. RL wins in my book.
6. The fact that new worlds are starting just around the corner cheapening the overall talent in all worlds.

Agreed, 100%:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

quitters are noobs

good players don't get rimmed

anyone worth their salt would stick around for "late game" without making excuses for quitting

DeletedUser

It is indeed easy to succeed but the goal is to succeed more then everybody else. Farming is boring no question about that, but it can be reduced to 20 mins a day with the right technique :) No one needs diplomacy at the start of the world but some choose to cause they think it'll help them succeed more then everybody else, your job is to show them that's not true. Regarding 24/7 accounts it's just people who just like you wanna enjoy rl but wanna play a high ranked acc too. Over all I do not see these things as a reason to call this game boring, and there will always be new ways to make the game harder for yourself if that's what you think is needed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

quitters are noobs

good players don't get rimmed

anyone worth their salt would stick around for "late game" without making excuses for quitting

Good players sure can be rimmed :p there's something called backtime that can ruin even the best player.

DeletedUser

Free-eek said:

GMMTC said:
1: Too many feeling elite

Gotta agree with both of what pretty much amounts to the same comment

sending a 5 second train or arriving 20 seconds late on a backtime does not make you an elite player - it makes you food later on :icon_eek:

Nevertheless I get my kicks in trying to teach others to become better players. it makes the game more enjoyable for them and for me.

Even if you get backtimed it doesn't mean its the end of the game. it depends whether you've got someone backtiming their backtime:icon_biggrin: Thats what tribes are for. It would be amazing if two tribes just backtimed everyone elses backtime - it would be like a mexican standoff... or a game of dominoes :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gotta agree with both of what pretty much amounts to the same comment

sending a 5 second train or arriving 20 seconds late on a backtime does not make you an elite player - it makes you food later on :icon_eek:

Nevertheless I get my kicks in trying to teach others to become better players. it makes the game more enjoyable for them and for me,

Does sending 200-400 mill sec trains and 300 mill sec back-times make you elite? :D

DeletedUser

you want biggin up there LoD? :lol:

it just means you've got your computers lag time nailed on :)

DeletedUser78273

4: 24/7 account. I have to agree on free eek about this one. I'm not really impressed with players such 2-4 people in 1 account. Miss the good old days. 1 player per account.
5: Too many mouth in public forum they can't even back it up IG.

i agree i hate my account being co played . ruins my strategy :icon_rolleyes:

@ topic
1.)their not good enough

2.)they were in my 15x15:lol:

3.)loser irl and loser ingame.

DeletedUser

you want biggin up there LoD? :lol:

it just means you've got your computers lag time nailed on :)

Na I just close down for everything else put in no-pict mode and click the magic buttom right before the new sec starts :D And well, I see no need in sending better trains :icon_wink: If you can cut those you can cut a 150 mill sec train too :)

DeletedUser

Play .es? You may have to learn Spanish to get full enjoyment but meh.

Usually I find that a week comes up where it is way too tempting to go out most/every night and then I can't play during the day cos I'm too hungover... leads to me quitting cos I fall too far behind.

-M A R I O-

Play .es? You may have to learn Spanish to get full enjoyment but meh.

Usually I find that a week comes up where it is way too tempting to go out most/every night and then I can't play during the day cos I'm too hungover... leads to me quitting cos I fall too far behind.

Yeah you dang drunk get on teh account! :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

being in a crap tribe

getting gangbanged, i dont care what people say, you cant save yourself if you have 4-5 people all catting you to death, even if you backtime, by the time you hit 2 of them, youve lost a lot of the troops in the backtime and cant rebuild cause ur farms gone, and then you get farmed, and then the farmers get annoyed because your killing some of thier lc whenever they come to your village, so then you get catted some more for having the nerve to kill 50 lc, so then you either pointwhore or get bored

being in shango pops 50x50, hes a machine

time, after about 200 villages it gets pretty time consuming

farming gets boring

get cleared repeatedly when ur asleep

get betrayed by tribesmates

getting over 1k incomings, i dont get why people thing its so hard to manage when you have a big account, spread over 100 villages even, thats only 10 attacks per village on average

losing internet access

getting sent to prison for gbh

errrrr......

DeletedUser

1) Starting a new world with friends, only to have them state "This is gay. I'm quitting.".

2) Joining a new tribe to realise everyone around you is a complete tool, leaving, then not being bothered to look for a new tribe.

3) You join a world, and everything around you already has a level 5 wall.

4) The noob next to you keeps asking to be "PA's".

5) Everyone in your K has ego problems.

6) The tribe you just joined has a sexual fetish for ASCII art.

7) The most interesting thing happening in your K is a war between two tribes that barely have 10K points, put together.

8) You realise playing tribalwars will never get you a girlfriend.

9) You realise now matter how big your TW armies are, those kids are still going to take your lunch money.

10) The guy next to you has been trying to farm you with 10 swords every 2 days, and its just annoying.

11) Your co-player steals the account.

Think I may've missed one or two...

DeletedUser

Gangbangers rob your house for drugs, find out you did them all and take your comp instead.

DeletedUser

1) Starting a new world with friends, only to have them state "This is gay. I'm quitting.".

2) Joining a new tribe to realise everyone around you is a complete tool, leaving, then not being bothered to look for a new tribe.

3) You join a world, and everything around you already has a level 5 wall.

4) The noob next to you keeps asking to be "PA's".

5) Everyone in your K has ego problems.

6) The tribe you just joined has a sexual fetish for ASCII art.

7) The most interesting thing happening in your K is a war between two tribes that barely have 10K points, put together.

8) You realise playing tribalwars will never get you a girlfriend.

9) You realise now matter how big your TW armies are, those kids are still going to take your lunch money.

10) The guy next to you has been trying to farm you with 10 swords every 2 days, and its just annoying.

11) Your co-player steals the account.

Think I may've missed one or two...

lol very good