Good players leaving new worlds

DeletedUser60302

Personal reasons I think about quitting:
4. 24/7 accounts...I hate players that think their special because their account is online all the time. I like the old days when it was 1 player for 1 account. (for the most part)

I agree that this is diluting the game..how can a lone player compete with an account being played by 2-3 people around the clock? I would think that is something that TW will eventually have to do something about. Maybe there has already been talk of a non-coplayed world? That way if your going to fork out for Premium you'll have the knowledge that the playing field will at least be even in that way...then it will really get down to skill and activity of 1 person vs. another.

Isnt a co-played account similiar to the whole dare I say 'family' (safety in numbers) philosphy?

we already have sitting capabilty..that should be enough.

DeletedUser

Isnt a co-played account similiar to the whole dare I say 'family' (safety in numbers) philosphy?

yes and yes. :) emagine if a half account owner realizes that the account is actually quite good and changes the pass o_O

bonasera

All the things I would have thought of has been said already..

- Realising that no village that looks about 50 by 50 metres can hold 24000 people.

- Getting the urge to ring up the dictionary company and ask them to re-define what farming means.

- Joining the RSPCA (PETA)?, to go chase they cyber-poachers who are stealing all the worlds Rams and Cats to put in a virtual game.

- Going on an expedition to prove the world is indeed round, and not flat like TW says.

- Joining W1 and claiming you're from the future.

- Joining W44 and claiming you're from the past.

- Wondering if the fact noblemen are made of so much clay is the reason they travel slower than armed to the teeth soldiers.

- Playing real life for it's improved graphics.

- Realising that something is not quite right when the people of TW have insant email, but still carry swords.

- Realising your name is scrooge, and as a result quitting the game over christmas as you thought it was broken.

- Get fed up of your national identity being a letter and a number.

-Being female.

Those would be the only reasons id quit.

DeletedUser

I agree that this is diluting the game..how can a lone player compete with an account being played by 2-3 people around the clock? I would think that is something that TW will eventually have to do something about. Maybe there has already been talk of a non-coplayed world? That way if your going to fork out for Premium you'll have the knowledge that the playing field will at least be even in that way...then it will really get down to skill and activity of 1 person vs. another.

:lol: i was looking for a co player. this post has made me see the light though:icon_redface: familys=gash

DeletedUser

i'm a pretty bad player i'll happily admit but I joined W44 to test a start up and was placed right next to a player who was already 800 pts. he attacked with 500 sp which i dodged so he's a noob but still an 800 pts head start with only 2 days BP is tough! i think i may have to quit pretty soon :(

DeletedUser

There is a whole server that has a rule against night-sitting/co-playing: www.guerrastribales.es.

There has been discussion or a non-co-played world somewhere in the general forum. I'm not going to find it but I'm sure if you tried a forum search you'd get to it quickly.

DeletedUser

I doubt TW will ever do anything about it, and not even really sure they can being as since single players log in from multiple places it'd be really hard to keep track of.

But...yeah...I've mentioned it in previous worlds and see it pretty much the same way you do here. It does give some accounts (not saying players since none of their achievements are their own alone) an out of game advantage. Personally I try to figure out a players downtime and use it against them, and I do things purposely to confuse anyone that might be watching me. I've always seen it as an aspect of the game and a very interesting one trying to figure out when someone is on and off line.

Personally I'll probably never co-play an account since my style of play changes constantly with my area and it would be hard to keep someone on the same page, and if they were a solid player we'd probably bump heads on our approach to things. Then again, with a 24/7 account (2 players as active as myself) we wouldn't really need to plan as much since we'd vastly outpace our neighbors.

DeletedUser

Not all co-played accounts are online 24/7.
Some in fact maybe less active than an account who's being played by one player only.

:lol: i was looking for a co player. this post has made me see the light though:icon_redface: familys=gash

:lol:

DeletedUser

They were trying to bring in non-co-play worlds when I used to play, and they did, but I don't think it worked out.

Anyway, yeah, I do agree having 3-4 players on at once is silly, but at the same time, I Co-play, however my co-player is in the same timezone as me, therefore, we're still active through the day and empty at night. Its more entertainment value, honestly.

King Matt II

I think the real reason would be they have a bad start and quit due to 'inactivity' to hide their embarrassment that they failed to get into the top 20 bla bla etc etc.

I couldn't care less about that in my opinion. I don't even aim for getting in the top 20 because honestly, who cares?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i had a thought. even if they had a world with no co players you could still easily get round it by the co-player just creating an account and then never playing it, just use it to sit the account he is co-playing. for this reason i dont think it will ever happen

DeletedUser

Hardly a way around it. Pretty sure there is a rule against that.

matthewturner49

i had a thought. even if they had a world with no co players you could still easily get round it by the co-player just creating an account and then never playing it, just use it to sit the account he is co-playing. for this reason i dont think it will ever happen

this is actually considered pushing an account in the rules if im not mistaken. But regardless im virtually positive it is against the rules.

matthewturner49

I doubt TW will ever do anything about it, and not even really sure they can being as since single players log in from multiple places it'd be really hard to keep track of.

But...yeah...I've mentioned it in previous worlds and see it pretty much the same way you do here. It does give some accounts (not saying players since none of their achievements are their own alone) an out of game advantage. Personally I try to figure out a players downtime and use it against them, and I do things purposely to confuse anyone that might be watching me. I've always seen it as an aspect of the game and a very interesting one trying to figure out when someone is on and off line.

Personally I'll probably never co-play an account since my style of play changes constantly with my area and it would be hard to keep someone on the same page, and if they were a solid player we'd probably bump heads on our approach to things. Then again, with a 24/7 account (2 players as active as myself) we wouldn't really need to plan as much since we'd vastly outpace our neighbors.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I tried a Co-player once. It lasted less than two weeks and I ended up so mad and frustrated I deleted my account. My play style is just too random and unique based on each world and I can never expect another player to try and keep tabs on what I want done and when to do it.

And everyone that has a Co-player in my mind is just afraid, down right scared. that someone like myself or Free-eek is gonna come to them while they are sleeping and take thier village. Its just a game everyone calm down relax and learn from the mistake you made. Thats how this game goes.

DeletedUser

I've had a coplayer for the first time on this world. It's nice having someone to bore about the 'genius' that goes behind my plans. We discuss the account together which is great because there are two different viewpoints and we usually choose the best solution. I wan't planning on it at the start of the world but I got an offer from someone and I took it, not out of fear. I'm not afraid only because Free-eek is in my tribe

DeletedUser

1. They lack 'staying power'.
2. They're sore losers and give up if they've endured a bit of bad luck.
3. Noobalitions.
4. Get banned.
5. Just don't have the time.
6. GoK was just too good :/ LOL

Those are probably the most common real reasons...

This pretty much sums it up.

DeletedUser

1) They get drunk one night at the beginning and recruit 500 scouts instead of 50 LC...

2) I can't think of anything else... I'm gonna go scout something.

DeletedUser

quitters are noobs

good players don't get rimmed

anyone worth their salt would stick around for "late game" without making excuses for quitting

That only goes for players not having the balls to take real risks in this game.

And everyone that has a Co-player in my mind is just afraid, down right scared. that someone like myself or Free-eek is gonna come to them while they are sleeping and take thier village. Its just a game everyone calm down relax and learn from the mistake you made. Thats how this game goes.

If that makes you feel better.

Co-playing is just another part of the game that enables people to actually do RL stuff, without having to do crazy stunts in real life in order to get a train right. Next to that, it frees up your workload, and it makes the account more dynamic having two people asses every situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It does give some accounts (not saying players since none of their achievements are their own alone) an out of game advantage.
I've co-played once for a month and I had mixed feelings about it. I have to say though, this was one of the biggest downfalls for me. I can tell people to go look at the W36 milestones thread and they'll find my name but I can't actually take full credit for that achievement. I don't care if I can't do as well on my own but I like to say that whatever my account achieves is because of what I did. I don't even use sitters during start-up :icon_neutral:

Then again, with a 24/7 account (2 players as active as myself) we wouldn't really need to plan as much since we'd vastly outpace our neighbors.
Me and the player I co-played with covered over 24 hours of the day (we could both cover over 12 hours) so we covered the account 24/7. Once you get to the point where you can maintain HQ, barracks and stable going 24/7 I find the helpfulness of a co-player decreases because it starts to count more on your strategy rather than your activity (disclaimer: don't get me wrong, strategy is very important during start-up).