Poll: Linear Programming

DeletedUser

Who here uses linear programming to get the maximum number of troops possible from his/her resources??
If you don't know what I'm talking about just answer no please ;] :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

muhannad, i think everyone just uses the scripts from the script forums which do that already, and better :lol:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
muhannad, i think everyone just uses the scripts from the script forums which do that already, and better :lol:

What he said maybe not better slows script uses set levels for buildings. But put time to do it by hand in the mix & it wins everytime when you have a few villages.

DeletedUser

Wow, look who learned a new word!!!

And no.

I don't know about any prejudice you might have concerning my name.
But if you don't know what linear programming is, doesn't mean no one else does.

DeletedUser

Wow, look who learned a new word!!!

And no.

LUKEY!

when did you decide to sneak onto this world????

and i dont either, i use a sequential fake script except with 1 scout for every vilage within 10 fields of my little 2k villa and then a scout evaluator script to hijack the resies

DeletedUser

Any chance that you could expand on what you use linear programming for please?

DeletedUser

DeletedUser

Any chance that you could expand on what you use linear programming for please?

Well it's not really "programming" it's just a mathematical process. Basically, it maximizes the number of troops that you can create from your limited resources so that you have little left from your resources and the max possible number of troops created from them. So, you don't get an imbalance in your resources and you get the most out of what you have.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think you need to put the time factor on that as well. That is the part early game that makes it hard different troop buildings / what you farm make it forever changing.

DeletedUser

Well it's not really "programming" it's just a mathematical process. Basically, it maximizes the number of troops that you can create from your limited resources so that you have little left from your resources and the max possible number of troops created from them. So, you don't get an imbalance in your resources and you get the most out of what you have.

Lazy people use markets to correct imbalances.

And with the resources gathered by farming being somewhat varied, a strict outline is often not possible to maintain.

DeletedUser

The market, of course.

How else would I know lazy people do it that way? :lol:

DeletedUser

I know what it is :p

Well usually I farm a lot so more resources come in over time. This amount is constantly rising as I build more sp/lc/hc and it usually means that I have enough to built whatever I choose. The market is always a great way of getting in a few extra resources to help.

That, and linear programming so annoying when you get so many variables in limitting factors.

manofhonor

You're kidding, right? Why the heck would you use math that involves the calculation of finite dimensional vectors and matrices... especially with regards to resources, which is a trio variable... that if plotted manually can friggin take hours, and can stress most computers, and CAN'T be DONE ON A CALCULATOR, over a game where you can just use a bit of mathematical common sense to excel in?

You either don't know what you're talking about, or have way too much time on your hands.

BTW: If you designed a program that can maximize troop production [(s1)(x1) +.... (sn)(xn)], where maximization is troop profit against cost, subject to the constraint of time of travel (A), subject to the constraint of production speed (F), subject to the constraint to AN UNDEFINED BOUNDARY, WHICH IS A QUADRATIC EQUATION PER UNIT OF PROFIT v. TIME, graphed in an (xyz), where the hypothetical limits are the intersections of the graph, WHICH IS A MUCH EASIER equation complex, but no one in their right mind would WANT to do it. That's just a variable in your linear programming matrix.

If you program a code like this that can actually run on a regular computer without crashing it, I'll make you filthy rich.

Stop fronting, muhannad. Knowing the concept of how LP is intended to work and actually utilizing it is 2 different things. There is a reason why mathematical consulting firms are paid millions of dollars to solve equations like this for corporations.

Normal people try their utmost hardest not to use math that the great majority of the population never will learn in their entire lifetime, because it isn't fun to do so. It's work.

I'm glad that you learned the concept of LP in your calc 2/calc 3/ finite math class, but here is not the place to be flaunting it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

pwnt, though I think he doesn't farm, has mixed villages and thats why it's easier for him to calc it :icon_biggrin: