backtiming

• Thread starter DeletedUser86969
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Definition

Backtiming is the act of timing an offense to arrive at an attacking village immediately after the return of the attacking units for the purpose of killing them before their owner is able to send them back out again.
Tactical notes

With a single village, it is practically impossible to backtime at the same speed as the slowest attacking unit. To overcome this, the defender can remove the slowest unit type in their attack, or attach an even slower unit to their attack.

A longer duration will include the requirement of having to backtime before the attack has arrived. As attacks can be fake, this means that most backtiming from intelligent players will be done without rams.

It is suggested that the defender demolishes the wall of the attacking village before attempting to backtime. Especially when backtiming without rams. This will help overcome the possibility of the attacker shifting their defense in to protect their troops, and reduce the overall losses incurred during the attack.

Players cannot backtime an attack you send at them if your attacks are at the same speed and their attack has not arrived home. They can, however, backtime an attack you've sent after their troops have hit your village.

Some players are able to remove their troops from a village within half a second of them returning home. In this instance, the troops the defender was backtiming with may instead be backtimed.

Quoted.

DeletedUser

I have a feeling it wont be very effective in early W47 with this lag!

DeletedUser

I agree. Its crazy. When getting a little attack, I tried to build so he'd think I had no resources, but lag :icon_eek: made me fail so he saw 41 :clay:. :icon_cry: That made me sad.

DeletedUser

I can show you how to backtime very well if you want, it's easy.

DeletedUser

What is this lag you speak of? I have 70-90ms

Me as well. Though I doubt there are many chances of finding someone who will backtime you(unless you go for big boys),or someone that can dodge one.

rogerburke2008

backtiming is a noob tactic. barbs don't attack back anyway. no one should ever have to backtime.

DeletedUser

no, really. barbs don't attack you.

well i only played until 1k points before maybe they do after then

OH MY GOD

Im making a fail spoiler in my in game profile, just for you, omg.

This is amazing.

You made my night.

You are the epitome of Aidan.

DeletedUser

Backtiming is a tactic set up by failed players who don't know how to attack properly. Learning this skill is a waste of time and I'd advise any new player out there to disregard this and continue using resources to upgrade your buildings.

DeletedUser

Backtiming is a tactic set up by failed players who don't know how to attack properly. Learning this skill is a waste of time and I'd advise any new player out there to disregard this and continue using resources to upgrade your buildings.

???

Is it just me or are we getting more noobs on the forums?

Backtiming is an important tactic. Offencevsoffence fight. The only way to win is on the attack, therefore backtiming is nesecary. How can you seriously disregard this?

Status
Not open for further replies.