TW village build

deadsocks

First of all I must apologise - this is actually a repost, I have posted this as a reply to a discussion on my home world before.
But as I am a kind soul and have so far noticed many new players and players making silly mistakes, I thought I would help to enlighten them on what is expected in the later game (after the first week or so).

So here goes!

In Tribal Wars having high points gives you low morale against smaller players, and low farmspace means you can't make your nukes as big. Bearing this in mind, I have come up with my own strategy.

Well, once I researched everything, I just demolish the smithy, I get back a lot of points and population that way, no point keeping a building that can't do owt. As for the academy, I figure I have lots of villages anyway and already have to spend a lot of time on each - why waste space and time with nobles? - so I demolish it a level and keep it like that. Already that's more than 2k points recovered.

Next is the resource buildings, now one thing I've noticed in my many days of TW experience is that you always have either too much iron and no clay if you build coins, or too much clay and no iron if you build troops. So, I demolish the clay building down to level 11 and the iron building down to level 10, because you'll find that the cost of building dramatically increases from that point, and problem is solved - no more iron or clay surplus.

Now the barracks, stables and workshop... well, people often build these up without thinking it through properly.
Having a level 25 barracks WILL NOT make your nukes and def villages any stronger or better. Having more axes in your nuke however, does. So... It's best to keep the recruitment buildings to a bare minimum as they take up farm space.

Warehouse, keep it at level 1. You only need it bigger if you're not very active, level 1 is more than enough to hold the res required to build the most expensive unit (heavy cavalry, as I have already explained why nobles aren't necessary)
Farm, this is a tricky one. Build it too high and you're using up valuable res that could be spent building units. Build it too low and you won't have space for units. So I vary how much I build up farm by taste, it's different in every village which is good, variety means an enemy will have to scout every single one of your villages before he can attack rather than scouting one and assuming all the other villages use the same standard.

Hiding place you should always build if you sit someone's acc, because it will annoy them to death when they have to demolish them all, and they'll stop making you sit for them and play their own bliddy account. Building hiding places is a great way to improve tribal activity as a whole.
Also, make sure you have a statue. If you can't find the option to build a statue, it means you are subject to a glitch in the game. You need to restart and it should take care of it, nice and simple.

HQ - I can't work out what this building does tbh. It doesn't collect resources, it doesn't expand population, it doesn't make units. Only function it seems to fulfill is as another village overview. I don't see the point in it, demolish it completely. Market is unnecessary too, you won't have surplus iron and clay to trade anymore, so demolish it.

Finally walls. All enemy attacks come with rams these days, in fact, people are openly ridiculed for sending ramless nukes. So respond in kind - prevent the walls from becoming damaged by not building them. They'll feel sorry they sent a nuke all that distance at ram speed, just to find that there were no walls to ram! It's like a dodge, but with an entire building. They don't call me the end boss of the internet for nothing you know, it's tactics like these that keep me at the forefront of my game.

So, what's the result? An incredible build, completely logically flawless, very low points giving you a clear morale advantage, possibly even the inspiration you needed to try a new build. Personally I use a secret strategy passed down through my family for generations since 2008, but you might want to try something slightly less uber to warm up the barracks with to begin, I recommend the classic cat strat, you can't go wrong with it.

I hope things are clearer now.

DeletedUser

The academy wont be functional if that will be done [lowering the smithy]. as based from the recent changes in game system.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would rather trade my resources then demolish my buildings

deadsocks

The academy wont be functional if that will be done [lowering the smithy]. as based from the recent changes in game system.
Thanks for at least making the effort to read through my guide before commenting, and observing that I said the academy was unnecessary, it's really appreciated. :)

DeletedUser

socks i again request a 25 words or less summary. This is getting ridiculous. If your going to write an essay include and abstract for me at least.

kthxbai

nickthegreat217

HQ - I can't work out what this building does tbh. It doesn't collect resources, it doesn't expand population, it doesn't make units. Only function it seems to fulfill is as another village overview. I don't see the point in it, demolish it completely. Market is unnecessary too, you won't have surplus iron and clay to trade anymore, so demolish it.

Lowers building times, Is one of the necessary buildings for an Academy.

DeletedUser

I am following this guide to the letter for W49.
So flawlessly thought out, how could I possibly fail?

deadsocks

socks i again request a 25 words or less summary. This is getting ridiculous. If your going to write an essay include and abstract for me at least.

kthxbai
Wait a sec making picture version...

housey.png

K done, hope that explains everything :)

Lowers building times, Is one of the necessary buildings for an Academy.
Again, I don't think you're really reading or thinking about it. An academy is hardly necessary, and as for time - we have an endless supply of time, but a limited supply of morale and population, and I'd rather have the farm space... thanks.

DeletedUser

I used to know a player who demolished buildings for morale like this but it became something of an obsession. In the end he owned about 50 vilages, all of them had 300 points or less and were full to the brim with swords, spears and HC. He lasted for years before coming undone when the admins brought in the new morale settings.

deadsocks

I used to know a player who demolished buildings for morale like this but it became something of an obsession. In the end he owned about 50 vilages, all of them had 300 points or less and were full to the brim with swords, spears and HC. He lasted for years before coming undone when the admins brought in the new morale settings.
Well I think that settles it, a first-hand account of just how powerful this strategy can be and the potential wielded by thinking outside the box.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Was this first posted on April the 1st ?

I knew a world 10 player who knocked all his building down to arond 800 points as he was going away for 6 months put premium on the account & just left it until he came back & rebuilt them all he never lost a village while away:)

=RedFox=

lol, seems like this world just isn't ready for your brilliance yet Miss Socks :icon_wink:

deadsocks

Was this first posted on April the 1st ?

I knew a world 10 player who knocked all his building down to arond 800 points as he was going away for 6 months put premium on the account & just left it until he came back & rebuilt them all he never lost a village while away:)
Close, but no, it was around the time I made my return to TW. 22nd January 2010 it was posted I think.

DeletedUser

How are you going to make some points when doing this? :/. At the end of the game it is your ranking that counts...

DeletedUser

With 3000- villages I think you have a lot of opponents. Thats gonna cost much time, time you could spend making rl friends?:icon_eek:
I'm not sure what you're getting at. :icon_confused:
I am just making the argument that barb whoring to the top is not the be all and end all of this game.
May as well play Sim City.
Enemy conquers is where it is at.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what you're getting at. :icon_confused:
I am just making the argument that barb whoring to the top is not the be all and end all of this game.
May as well play Sim City.
Enemy conquers is where it is at.

You don't get my point. Forget about it.