Other worlds forums...

• Thread starter DeletedUser78416
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I must admit i totally agree with MKs assessment of what keeps the successful tribes together, and thats forging friendships in game or bought into the game from outside (like Dust did). The best way to bring players together is a good war and us at Dust were almost certainly the most warred tribe around, cos we were permanently at war since about the first month we formed, yes when all of us only had 1 village each! lol

This constant warring is what pulled us all together and meant everyone was online loads and laying their necks on the line for each other regularly. This kind of selfless behaviour gains respect and ultimatley forms a tightknit team who will all contribute and fight shoulder to shoulder... im sure everyone whose left in this world can relate to such events :icon_wink:

As for the exchanging of numbers, yes thats a bit much but im sure it goes on cos some friendships go far beyond this game (as my own experiences ive posted further up demonstrate). All the browser games ive played at top level use skype, msn, facebook etc. to keep in touch, make battleplans, get hold of players at short notice... so keeping in touch outside of game kinda becomes consequensial...

Personally ive met some great people in all games ive played and proudly have them on my friends list on my facebook... we keep in touch chat about life, work, relationships etc. the exact same things i chat to my real life friends... afterall, i met these guys n gals doing something i enjoy so we instantly have a common interest... isnt that how all friendships r started, common interests?

I guess those who dont understand this are those who play the same selfishly to meet their own ends...

DeletedUser78416

COUCH is 6'0", blondish hair, is a skateboarder type, in appearance and dress and lives with his parents in a huge house. wrong on all accounts with me gammy except the height thing i have brownish gray hair have not lived with a parent since i was 16 years old half my life since then i am married going through a divorce have 2 children a son 9 and a daughter 6 hence my screen name couch05061977

No, Nooo...don't ruin it for me! You are suppose to be my heel, not a normal person with a normal life!

I want my money back...:icon_evil:

:icon_biggrin:

A few side notes.

ende...I'm trying not to turn this into another argument, but I must interject...again

Dust/Sunny hasn't been involved in any major wars...not with ~LS~, not with LSHRV, not with =HRV=, not even with other noob tribes. There are SINGLE players on this world with more total ODA and ODD then your entire tribe has/had. How can this possibly constitute being in constant wars? It can't. You just want to label skirmishes as wars to make them sound bigger and better than what they really are. With that being said, what you say is a fallacy I believe. In your mind you'd like to think that you and your former tribe had survived all three world wars, plus seventeen more world wars to come, but that is hardly the case. The point is, it's all in your mind, your perception of events that may or may not have happened, such as this mythical LSHRV vs Dust war that no one seemed to be a part of except you guys.

However, if that is what you want to perceive things as, there is technically nothing wrong with it, other than it's untrue. If it makes your game more enjoyable, you really can't be faulted by it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, Nooo...don't ruin it for me! You are suppose to be my heel, not a normal person with a normal life!

I want my money back...:icon_evil:

:icon_biggrin:

A few side notes.

ende...I'm trying not to turn this into another argument, but I must interject...again

Dust/Sunny hasn't been involved in any major wars...not with ~LS~, not with LSHRV, not with =HRV=, not even with other noob tribes. There are SINGLE players on this world with more total ODA and ODD then your entire tribe has/had. How can this possibly constitute being in constant wars? It can't. You just want to label skirmishes as wars to make them sound bigger and better than what they really are. With that being said, what you say is a fallacy I believe. In your mind you'd like to think that you and your former tribe had survived all three world wars, plus seventeen more world wars to come, but that is hardly the case. The point is, it's all in your mind, your perception of events that may or may not have happened, such as this mythical LSHRV vs Dust war that no one seemed to be a part of except you guys.

However, if that is what you want to perceive things as, there is technically nothing wrong with it, other than it's untrue. If it makes your game more enjoyable, you really can't be faulted by it.

Please show me where i boasted about any wars we were in?

I said we was ALWAYS at war, thats with small newbie tribes as well as against LS and HRV (of which ur the only person on this planet in denial a conflict ever occured). Its not an issue of how seriously u took the war, its an issue of the fact we were fighting all the damn time since the day we landed in W16...

Now whose the one starting petty arguments... it aint me... so go sit back down and reflect on your own deficiencies for a change, instead of whacking off bull like u always do.

*sigh* people make sensible comments only for trolls to pounce lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I must admit i totally agree with MKs assessment of what keeps the successful tribes together, and thats forging friendships in game or bought into the game from outside (like Dust did). The best way to bring players together is a good war and us at Dust were almost certainly the most warred tribe around, cos we were permanently at war since about the first month we formed, yes when all of us only had 1 village each! lol

This constant warring is what pulled us all together and meant everyone was online loads and laying their necks on the line for each other regularly. This kind of selfless behaviour gains respect and ultimatley forms a tightknit team who will all contribute and fight shoulder to shoulder... im sure everyone whose left in this world can relate to such events :icon_wink:

As for the exchanging of numbers, yes thats a bit much but im sure it goes on cos some friendships go far beyond this game (as my own experiences ive posted further up demonstrate). All the browser games ive played at top level use skype, msn, facebook etc. to keep in touch, make battleplans, get hold of players at short notice... so keeping in touch outside of game kinda becomes consequensial...

Personally ive met some great people in all games ive played and proudly have them on my friends list on my facebook... we keep in touch chat about life, work, relationships etc. the exact same things i chat to my real life friends... afterall, i met these guys n gals doing something i enjoy so we instantly have a common interest... isnt that how all friendships r started, common interests?

I guess those who dont understand this are those who play the same selfishly to meet their own ends...

never a truer statement, ok, i think i will stop lurking on your forums now

DeletedUser

never a truer statement, ok, i think i will stop lurking on your forums now

Thanks to a friendly offworlder :)

And feel free to grace us with your presence anytime, so lurk away...! pretty dead here now with so few players left in game :icon_confused:

DeletedUser78416

I bolded the ones in where you said numerous times you were always at 'war'. Myabe the correct word for you to use is fighting instead.

Then you said this in your last post:

Endemonadia said:
Please show me where i boasted about any wars we were in?

Followed directly by:

Endemonadia said:
I said we was ALWAYS at war

It is far easier to contradict oneself many, many, many posts away from each other, but you do it in the same post in concurrent sentences. :icon_eek:

But then you say this:

Endemonadia said:
its an issue of the fact we were fighting all the damn time since the day we landed in W16...

That is true...for almost everyone, I mean this is a fighting game, but you seem to think your small fights are exponentially bigger than everyone elses.

There is skirmishing, fighting, general and casual eating and then there is war. Dust as a whole hasn't ever been apart of the last sacred word. Learn it, live it, love it.

That my friend, is all I am saying.

MichielK

Ignoring Gammy would really work better if people quit quoting him :icon_razz:

There are SINGLE players on this world with more total ODA and ODD then your entire tribe has/had.

Sunny beats the top players in ODA and ODD by 71 million and 82 million respectively. Just because you post something in bold doesn't make it true...let's try to keep the blatant falsehoods to a minimum, shall we?

Also, is it really necessary to hijack your own thread and turn it onto yet another Sunny-bashing exercise?

DeletedUser78416

Who cares if it's off topic a little? Is it really that important to close one of three threads alive? It's already in the general section, which should be less moderated than the regular section...

Is it because MichielK still can't read a full sentence before responding? Not to mention he still replies after putting me on ignore :lol: I said has/had michiel...Key word has...Obviously they have lost members here and there and the OD we see now isn't what they had. But the total of 309 mio should be. Alexhol got the majority of what he has from our one little half op on him...Runen got his from LOD and ~I~...the rest have typical wear and tear ODD and ODA...none of which speaks war. And nobody quote this because we know michiel will just have to respond :lol:

And think about this, if we stopped having little arguments every now and then, you'd have nothing to do. :icon_biggrin:

And Violett, what did you do to your hair, it's so nice and shiny! Is that John Frieda? Garnier Fructis? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Ignoring Gammy would really work better if people quit quoting him :icon_razz:

Sunny beats the top players in ODA and ODD by 71 million and 82 million respectively. Just because you post something in bold doesn't make it true...let's try to keep the blatant falsehoods to a minimum, shall we?

Also, is it really necessary to hijack your own thread and turn it onto yet another Sunny-bashing exercise?

Indeed MK totally correct...

Gammy made the schoolboy error of using the twstats for measuring Sunny/Dust scores for tribal OD scores... as all know that only shows the current tribe players total scores... whereas experienced players know to check OD scores on the RANKED charts in your account ingame. Which coincidentally shows us with 309mill total OD... Gammy feel free to show me the players who have higher OD stats than this :icon_eek:

The problem is for Gammy is that hes an account taker on this world and not an original player so he probably cant remember our beastly players like fchull who pulled serious stats towards the total tribal scores. alexhol on the otherhand is still with us carrying his ODD score of 27mill, which coincidentally was almost all made up from 3 or 4 days of HRV operation on him where he had something like 70 pages of killed HRV nukes with a net gain of about 5 villages off him. At the time he was 3rd globally on ODD, and if this is a 'half-op' like u say then how many 'half-ops' have u done on C²? The only reason players r currently higher is cos of the C²/LSHRV war. This on its own shows how LSHRV were making full scale ops on us... although the spy we had feeding us full threads off your forums also proves how u guys were trying hard to work on us too.

Also as Gammy is new on this world he probably cant remember when we were ranked 4th or 5th (cant remember exactly) for total OD and funnily enough we had way higher ODD than HRV at that time, and thats even taking into account Ad Inf who were also getting pounded. (MK master of all stats might be able to dig out some figures to prove this)

Your bull about what constitutes war is completely irrelevant from my point which is purely explaining how friends r made in online games, yes MK, weird how Gammy hijacks his own thread to invent more rubbish isnt it lol... ive always said if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and tastes like a fish then ITS A FISH... if u wanna call it a donkey then thats your issue not mine...

Ok question to challenge Gammys bull about war or no war (C² answers only please)... i personally had regular incoming attacks from LSHRV of between 100-500 for over 6 months non-stop, and i also know that many other Dust/Sunny players had the same... if that isnt a war then i challenge C² players to post here if theyve been operated upon to such a degree... basically do all of u have at least 100 incomings from LSHRV for over 6 months yes or no?

This should end the discussion once and for all on which 'war' u take more seriously.

DeletedUser78416

Indeed MK totally correct...

Gammy made the schoolboy error of using the twstats for measuring Sunny/Dust scores for tribal OD scores... as all know that only shows the current tribe players total scores... whereas experienced players know to check OD scores on the RANKED charts in your account ingame. Which coincidentally shows us with 309mill total OD... Gammy feel free to show me the players who have higher OD stats than this :icon_eek:

The problem is for Gammy is that hes an account taker on this world and not an original player so he probably cant remember our beastly players like fchull who pulled serious stats towards the total tribal scores. alexhol on the otherhand is still with us carrying his ODD score of 27mill, which coincidentally was almost all made up from 3 or 4 days of HRV operation on him where he had something like 70 pages of killed HRV nukes with a net gain of about 5 villages off him. At the time he was 3rd globally on ODD, and if this is a 'half-op' like u say then how many 'half-ops' have u done on C²? The only reason players r currently higher is cos of the C²/LSHRV war. This on its own shows how LSHRV were making full scale ops on us... although the spy we had feeding us full threads off your forums also proves how u guys were trying hard to work on us too.

Also as Gammy is new on this world he probably cant remember when we were ranked 4th or 5th (cant remember exactly) for total OD and funnily enough we had way higher ODD than HRV at that time, and thats even taking into account Ad Inf who were also getting pounded. (MK master of all stats might be able to dig out some figures to prove this)

Your bull about what constitutes war is completely irrelevant from my point which is purely explaining how friends r made in online games, yes MK, weird how Gammy hijacks his own thread to invent more rubbish isnt it lol... ive always said if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and tastes like a fish then ITS A FISH... if u wanna call it a donkey then thats your issue not mine...

Ok question to challenge Gammys bull about war or no war (C² answers only please)... i personally had regular incoming attacks from LSHRV of between 100-500 for over 6 months non-stop, and i also know that many other Dust/Sunny players had the same... if that isnt a war then i challenge C² players to post here if theyve been operated upon to such a degree... basically do all of u have at least 100 incomings from LSHRV for over 6 months yes or no?

This should end the discussion once and for all on which 'war' u take more seriously.

I like how my opinion is always wrong and yours is so much mightier...just like MichielK.

I took 3 villages DIRECTLY beside you in K98...not to mention what I had in K88 on your guys front as well. I can count the number of times I got attacked by you guys on one hand in a months time.

The bloodshed was legendary :icon_rolleyes:

And fakes dont really count as war...:icon_rolleyes:

And you fail at reading, as usual...

But anyways...

DeletedUser

Well done u skirted all of the facts in my post as usual...

But to address your lame attempt at countering my facts >>>>

If incomings are fakes or nukes r totally irrelevant in measuring how seriously a target is assessed by his enemy. All experienced TW players know if someone has over 100 incomings from an enemy for over 6 months then they r considered an important target... and yes there were plenty of nukes among the fakes too. And like i said above, the spy showing us all your forums showed us exactly how seriously HRV took Sunny/Dust.

Still waiting for C² players to post their facts on their war experience with LSHRV too...

DeletedUser

Did it ever occur to you that by going off topic you ruin it for everybody else?

Somebody mentioned earlier on that we make friends due to the common interest that is TW. I think that's a good point but personally I believe there's more to friendship that common interests.

I have a friend that most people find annoying. I think it's because of this that I like him somewhat. We don't really have any common interests other than football which i'm not an amazing fan of anyhow. Yet i'm as attached to him as any of my other friends.

But the question is, if TW brought you together, what happens when one of you quit and you find that your biggest source of conversation just dried up...

DeletedUser

Did it ever occur to you that by going off topic you ruin it for everybody else?

The first posting to pull this post offtopic is here >>>

Im going to continue counter all of his invented idiocies like this... personally i think he should start a dedicated thread for his nonsense like this instead of constantly hijacking perfectly friendly threads.

MichielK

Somebody mentioned earlier on that we make friends due to the common interest that is TW. I think that's a good point but personally I believe there's more to friendship that common interests.

There is, but a common interest helps to get things started and keep things going if time is limited.

One of my best friends loves watching cycling, as do I. We may not have become friends if we didn't have that in common to spark a conversation when we first met, and we certainly would see eachother a lot less if we didn't travel to races occasionally.

I have a friend that most people find annoying. I think it's because of this that I like him somewhat. We don't really have any common interests other than football which i'm not an amazing fan of anyhow. Yet i'm as attached to him as any of my other friends.

I agree that a common interest is not a requirement...some people just get along well despite having nothing in common. It makes things a bit less likely, but certainly not impossible.

But the question is, if TW brought you together, what happens when one of you quit and you find that your biggest source of conversation just dried up...

Interesting question.

It's probably comparable to what happens with your highschool friends when you go to college, or your college friends when you graduate; you find out that some are true friends, while others are just people that help you avoid having lunch alone :icon_wink:

It depends a lot on how your communication usually goes, I think. I can't speak for other tribes, but in C² a lot of the Skype conversations are not about TW. I imagine those conversations will continue even when TW drops off. For example, we still have some former members dropping into the tribal chat from time to time to catch up.

On the other hand, if 99% of your conversations are about TW, I expect people to give a strong effort and ultimately fail at staying in contact. After all, some of the relationships you build with people on here are purely about TW; it doesn't mean you're any less important to eachother, it does mean that it'll be a struggle to keep that up once one of you quits.

P.S. Ende, I saw your questions, but if you want answers you're going to have to ask elsewhere. I know you're being baited into this conversation (heck, I probably am as well lol), but I heard a rumor that a truckload of padlocks was delivered at Vio's house yesterday, and I think we tested her patience enough for a while :icon_wink:

DeletedUser78416

I can respond but keep it on topic, I think? After all, spamming is my forte...:icon_biggrin:

But, fine...I will refrain from responding to wars that never happened.

I did think about something though. Within the last few weeks especially, I have discovered that itsdaram, in our tribe, has a very similar aspect of his personality that I share. It all started with Step Brothers, the movie. That guy busted out with a quote from the movie and had me pure rolling! Needless to say, we get along very well. Despite that, I don't think I would log onto a chatting program just to continue talking with him if I quit this game for some reason.

No offense to him, I just normally dislike chatting software in general, for the sake of just chatting. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't log onto skype 'just' to chat.

The main reason I even visit the public forums is because it is simply a part of this game and it helps to pass the time while doing maintenance.

Maybe people like me, who have a general (natural) penchant for not wanting to casual chat are the ones who dont/wont form any long term bonds?

I honestly dont mean anything by it, thats just how I am.

edit: And I'm not baiting you guys into arguments, Im just typing what I feel. If Ende would like to have a point vs point go at determining if what happened was war, that would be sort of fun. Just saying...