Other worlds forums...

• Thread starter DeletedUser78416
  • Start date

DeletedUser45021

This is mostly off topic.

If some of you fail to stay on topic, I'm going to have to just close this thread.

DeletedUser78416

This is mostly off topic.

If some of you fail to stay on topic, I'm going to have to just close this thread.

You'd like that...wouldn't you.

:icon_evil:

This thread is 100% on topic, I think the camera flash into your creepy eye is distorting your perception!

DeletedUser45021

You'd like that...wouldn't you.

:icon_evil:

This thread is 100% on topic, I think the camera flash into your creepy eye is distorting your perception!

Since when does how other forums getting emotional about Tribal wars have to do with your own little wars?

The topic is probably 40% on topic, and should actually have been closed a while ago, but I thought I'd keep it open since it's an interesting topic.

DeletedUser78416

Since when does how other forums getting emotional about Tribal wars have to do with your own little wars?

The topic is probably 40% on topic, and should actually have been closed a while ago, but I thought I'd keep it open since it's an interesting topic.

Well, if it wasn't for MichielK getting all butt hurt every two seconds about something, this thread 'would' have been 100% on topic. I forgot he rudely interrupted our conversation, my bad.

:icon_biggrin:

MichielK

I see the topic of this thread as the relationships between people in W16, and how they may differ from older (or newer) worlds. If that's not on-topic enough, consider the following statement:

Strong personal relationships have done more to shape W16 than any other factor.

I for one firmly believe in this. W16 is a slow world, and as such likely to have not just long wars but also prolonged periods of peace. After all, the same cross-nobling incident that leads to nukes flying on faster worlds can be solved in time to prevent "silly" wars on W16.

Since most players love the adrenaline-rush that comes with the kind of fast-paced war that rarely occurs here, that means that tribes need another factor to stick together. I believe personal relationships are that factor; after all, getting to know your tribemates better is a solid way to kill time while your troops plod around in slow-motion.

The history of W16 so far supports this theory. BANG, C², HRV and Plight are or have been known for their strong in-tribe friendships and team spirit, and they're the top 4 tribes. Tribes like BFL, Sunny and TKR had the same reputation, and all three have exceeded expectations by a huge margin.

On the other hand, tribes that did not have these strong relationships inside the tribe have crumbled. LOD, ~I~ and PnX are three tribes that were pretty well-known as either having a dictator as duke, massive tribal in-fighting, or both. All three were effectively destroyed in the first attack wave against them.

You can even see the effect in recent wars. Sunny had a strong tribal culture and many in-tribe friendships, and they stood up against HRV and LS (two much bigger tribes) with minimal losses. The C²-LSHRV war is the same; C² members have been arguing throughout this thread that they feel true friendship for their tribemates, while LSHRV is characterised by public fights and many people quitting...not exactly signs of strong relationships. The result has been clear so far in the war stats.

Bottom line? I believe that the tribe whose members care most about eachother will win. Thoughts?

DeletedUser

actually you may be on to something, the IRA pulled through almost every war without much loss until after we merged with KOTF..... and when we got gangbanged by pnx and ad inf the KOTF fools all did a runner whilst us in the IRA that had been there a long time (minus me for 2 bits whilst i was moving house) just kept on going together, so our bonding is what kept us going strong

DeletedUser

But in all seriousness, lets ask a question. When you log off here for the day or in between log ins...do you think about other players here online? The absolute farthest I ever take this game into my real life is when I go to the bathroom at work, the walls have a texture to them and they resemble built vills being next to a bunch of tiny barbs. That's about it for me. :lol:

I could see continuing to talk to some peeps that I do now on here, but not if I ever quit this game and didn't play another online game where there was a forum or type of chatting aspect.

ok, sorry, but im back again, and only because my forums are dead and i find this topic a good one..

when i logg off of here i do still think about and talk to some between log ins, maybe we are different on the world 15, but many of us have exchanged phone numbers and some have even been to meet each other..so the friendships that are formed sometimes i feel go far beyond just an internet friendship since we communicate outside of the internet

now i have a question..

how many of you have found that TW is like no other game you have ever played in regards to the friendships made and ties that are formed and kept even after you have finished playing the game, and how many of you find that you still log in and play because of said friendships

DeletedUser

i do, i speak to people outside of this game and do so more than any other game ive played with the only exception being world of warcraft purely because the people i play with on there i already knew in real life before i joined the game lol

DeletedUser

so which brings up my question, do you find this game to be different than some other games in regards to the friendships that are formed and how the strong the bonds are formed

DeletedUser

i think it is. either that or this is the only online game that i have played long enough to make such bonds with other players lol.

DeletedUser78416

Another thing too...maybe part of this is because I am not the type that needs a lot of 'friends' around me. Whether it be online or real life. I'm content with Being at home with my wife and two dogs, but if an old buddy calls me up or vice versa, that's cool too.

I think it would be extremely weird to exchange phone numbers with peeps on here. There are many reasons why, but I'll say one in particular. I like having an air of mystery to surround me when I play games like this...well not really, because this is the first game like this I've ever played! :p

Ok, maybe what I mean is it would be cool to have an air of mystery. If I ever was really good at this game and played it like it was my passion, I would present myself as the silent killer. Never speak, never post, just kill. of course I can't do that because I enjoy speaking to people on here, and contrary to popular belief, I don't like arguing. I guess my point is did you ever come across a really dominating player and wonder what they looked like in person? Trying to imagine what a bad ass player would look like, even though playing skill and personal appearance have zero to do with each other.

It would almost be a let down, for me, to find out that a person who I respected as an awesome player, super attacker, stellar defender...but looked like Mclovin'

Yeah, it shouldn't be that way, but since this game leaves alot to be imagined, the players behind the game names are a part of the imagination aspect for me.

Adamjrose is about 5'9", short brown hair, no facial hair. Neutral appearance, average guy

COUCH is 6'0", blondish hair, is a skateboarder type, in appearance and dress and lives with his parents in a huge house.

MichielK is (if I hadn't seen his picture) a vase shaped device, squeezable, with a long tube protruding from it's neck...I found a pic online of what I thought he would look like before his pic was posted

n1390-anal_douche.jpg

So for me, a decent part of the mystery of this game is wondering what each person looks like, so my imagination can take off and bring a little bit of fun to this otherwise pretty plain and boring game.

:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

oh i dont know, we have a pretty awesome player on w15, his name is bigandhairy, i know what he looks like, as do many ppl from his skype, and he is always very nice, but he is one lethal machine..... and many of us have exchanged numbers, and talked on mic or webcam, and like i said, some have even met and formed rl friendships after meeting on here...i blame it on the fack that TW is like a drug, it is an addiction we can not seem to shake and it is compounded by the bonds of friendships that are formed after yrs of playing together

DeletedUser

oh i dont know, we have a pretty awesome player on w15, his name is bigandhairy, i know what he looks like, as do many ppl from his skype, and he is always very nice, but he is one lethal machine..... and many of us have exchanged numbers, and talked on mic or webcam, and like i said, some have even met and formed rl friendships after meeting on here...i blame it on the fack that TW is like a drug, it is an addiction we can not seem to shake and it is compounded by the bonds of friendships that are formed after yrs of playing together

is he big and hairy by any chance? lol

DeletedUser

COUCH is 6'0", blondish hair, is a skateboarder type, in appearance and dress and lives with his parents in a huge house. wrong on all accounts with me gammy except the height thing i have brownish gray hair have not lived with a parent since i was 16 years old half my life since then i am married going through a divorce have 2 children a son 9 and a daughter 6 hence my screen name couch05061977

DeletedUser

I think it would be extremely weird to exchange phone numbers with peeps on here.

I have to agree with Gammy here, exchanging phone numbers would be a little odd. However that doesn't mean that you can't have strong relationships with the people in this game.

DeletedUser

is he big and hairy by any chance? lol

not in the least, rather good looking though...

and exchanging phone numbers just shows how strong some of the bonds are on other worlds are, im fairly certain we are not the only ones to do that, although, i think the players on w15 have formed some of the strongest bonds, and it shows in how they play as well

DeletedUser

I don't think there's anything wrong with exchanging phone numbers. It's just like giving out MSN, FB or Skype in my opinion. Plus it* shows a certain degree of trust to the other person as well.

Last edited by a moderator: