Tales of Three

DeletedUser

Let's do an exercise in creativity, for a change.

Should you decide to accept this mission:

You are to write exactly three lines.
The lines have to be in proper English.
The lines have to match the story, so that we end up with a flowing whole.

Example:

Socks said:
Jack ran faster than he had ever before, tears blurring his vision.
He slammed open the front door, not even bothering to ring the bell anymore.
No! This could not be happening..! He sank to his knees and sobbed silently.

Orel said:
Trip, dearest Trip. Sweet, kind, hyperactive Trip, Trip who never let him down before.
Trip was just... lying there, on his back. Stiff, expression fixed in a look of pure agony.
Three red lines criss-crossed her body, blood staining the carpet. Jack's goldfish had been murdered.

I ask you to use common sense: Trolls will be scorned, and scorched as soon as I figure out how to.
You may, occasionally, jump to a new line in the story, as long as it is relevant.
People who screw up the story forfeit any and all w24 forum-rights.
No person can post twice in a row.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The start of the story:

The majestic skyscrapers rose all around the large city square, and were usually a sight to behold in and of themselves. Yet today, his eyes strayed to only one thing, like most others around him.
"Incredible..." he breathed, mimicking the amazed expression on all citizens that were lucky, or unlucky enough to see it.

deadsocks

It was like someone had stabbed a deep and vicious wound into the cobbled square, tearing away the skin with meathooks and leaving the tender earth exposed.
There was something so macabre about seeing his everyday scenery torn up so; even though it was just concrete, Nigel felt a tiny piece of his soul shrivel away.
He side-stepped gingerly towards the hole with the intention of taking a better look at what stood in the middle, his hands clinging to his sides for comfort.
[spoil]note: It looks like 3 lines for me, but I have my concerns it may not appear as 3 lines for some people and their tiny screens, is that okay?[/spoil]

DeletedUser68103

"how could this..." murmured the woman behind him.
Nigel peered into the abysses that was the hole and was intantly struck with a swirl of fear and wonder the whole street was dumbstuck with awe.
Turning his gaze deeper into the whole nigel was astonished to find there seemed to be no end.

DeletedUser

"What is this wizardry?!" One man exclaimed excitedly from the other side of the hole, peering down intently.
"A terrorist attack..." Muttered some, and that particular rumour spread like wildfire, even as sirens were heard from afar as local services approached.
"Gods..." Nigel breathed instead, eyes squinting to look further into the abyss, "this... this is..."

[spoil]@Socks; eh, as long as it's not THAT out of proportion, it's fine.[/spoil]

DeletedUser

"...unexplainable" everyone was done with the shock, and now screaming scared not knowing what to do nigel just stood there mouth opened. "Who did this, is this really a terrorist attack, if so how would they do this" thought nigel. After starring for what seemed like years into the hole he saw a bright white light...

hope this is okay?
also my problem is opposite of socks i have a small screen so it looks like its 3 on mine

Last edited by a moderator:

deadsocks

His eyes had been squeezed tight as if to extract every possible piece of vision from them; now the light was glowing, he had to blink hard and turn away.
His curiousity still burning hard, he fought against the crowds tearing their way through each other to escape, all the while a shape from the centre of the light burnt onto his retinas.
Smoke was finding its way up from the ground and filling his lungs which were wheezing in complaint - but now he'd seen it, he couldn't walk away.

[spoil]How's about we say 3 sentences instead of 3 lines? It's more universal.[/spoil]

DeletedUser

[spoil]kill rukoh.proper English should not have been the criteria here.
:d[/spoil]

DeletedUser

A rather large beam of bright light hit Nigel in his face, causing him to be pushed back against the wall. People moved out of the way, screaming in fright of this sudden attack, screaming in panick and shock.
They turned back to hole, to see a rather large claw appear out of it, causing the ground to crack as it gripped the road. One person said "Its a monster!"

deadsocks

The... whatever it was, started to climb its way out of the ground, shaking off burnt dirt and the associated fumes.
Nigel stared, mystified, as something metallic and unnameable scraped its claws into the ground for traction to lift itself whole from the wound in the ground.
People were screaming and removing themselves from the plaza in all directions, but they seemed miles away as the enormous figure focused on him...

DeletedUser

"F-FREEZE, NYPD!" a lone police officer shouted, wobbly arms trying to steady a gun at the... thing.
The monster turned the top of its body towards the quivering policeman, whose colleagues kept a safe distance.
The policeman yelped, dropped the gun, and set off in a dead run. Three steps into it, he suddenly stopped, face drawn in a mask of horror, a wicked claw protruding from his abdomen.

The Great 1One1

Anybody who had not fully comprehended the severity of the situation by now, managed to do so, witnessing the fate of the police officer.

Panic truly ensued now, with many thinking of their own selves or loved ones, willing to sacrifice the nameless faces in a bid to ensure their own safety.

There was seemingly no hope, no ideas on how to defeat it....no ideas on how lethal this thing may be and whether evacuation truly meant that you were safe from it beyond the short-term.

deadsocks

That's what a normal person may have thought. But Nigel was not the kind to scare or turn tail - he knew he was different.
And likewise, the monster did too... it continued its advances to him, and stretched out a bloody claw for him to take.
As soon as he touched the slipperly wet claw, which was unusually warm, he could feel a pulse vibrating beneath the metal.

DeletedUser

"What's your name?" Nigel asked without hesitation, looking straight into its big, black eyes, conveying successfully that he was different.
"You... different?" The monster growled out, its voice rattling the bones of any bystander who had not yet fled the scene.
Nigel just nodded, once, resolutely. This was it. This was his moment. He never belonged to the stuffy economics classrooms, this was his destiny. His.

DeletedUser

... but mom got scared, and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo, holmes to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

DeletedUser

Uncle Fester greated Nigel on the doorstep to the mansion he owned. He looked Nigel up and down said "What brings you to Bel Air"
"Mum sent me" replied Nigel, and without another word, slid into the hallway of the mansion, hand in front of the Festers face to stop him replying and stopping him.

[spoil]nice way to ruin the story lol![/spoil]

deadsocks

As he soared over the clouds, clinging to handles on the monster's back that seemed rather too convenient to be sheer coincidence, Nigel couldn't help his thoughts from wandering away from reality and back into his former life. It was easier than thinking about the distance from the ground, anyway.
He thought about his part-time job and his girlfriend, how long he'd dreamed of breaking away from everything.

[spoil]I thought it'd make more sense if I just uhm, ignored the last 2 posts >.>[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Teaching the younger generation was all fine and dandy, but Economics was really boring if taught for an extensive period.
Sara... Sara was a manipulative woman, always trying to achieve her goals at the cost of his own.
Even as Nigel considered this, his heart gave a pang, and he tried to convince himself that it was just the sex he missed.

DeletedUser55663

[spoil]
... but mom got scared, and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo, holmes to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

I love you, so much :')[/spoil]

But, deeper down, he knew that it was more than that. What was he doing, here, in the sky, with this.. This.. thing, he knew almost nothing about it, and yet he'd willingly grabbed hold of it and let it take him who knows where. The only thing he knew was that it'd killed a police officer, after surfacing.

deadsocks

The creature gave a huge guttural groan which reverberated through Nigel's insides. In the distance, he could hear another something answering the call.
Then his stomach was jilted uncomfortably upwards for a few seconds, as the descent began. He caught a glimpse of glowing hot rocks, before ash pelted his face as it rose up from a crater. And, worryingly enough, that crater appeared to be exactly where they were headed for.

DeletedUser

The...thing...swooped lower, heading directly for the crater. It showed no signs of stopping or slowing down, accelerating into a full dive, only to stop itself with a jolt. Nigel had shut his eyes in fear, and was almost stabbed in the face by a protruding spike as he jolted forward. Afraid to open his eyes, he wondered where the thing had stopped. But for some reason, he felt as though something, someone were there with him.