Tales of Three

DeletedUser

The...thing...swooped lower, heading directly for the crater. It showed no signs of stopping or slowing down, accelerating into a full dive, only to stop itself with a jolt. Nigel had shut his eyes in fear, and was almost stabbed in the face by a protruding spike as he jolted forward. Afraid to open his eyes, he wondered where the thing had stopped. But for some reason, he felt as though something, someone were there with him.

"Hullo, Nigel. Or should I say Nicholas Emzel?" a voice suddenly sounded, seemingly coming from... below him?
Curiosity winning from his initial fear, he cracked open one of his eyes as he squinted downwards. His... pet-monster was currently leaning over an old man with a white, flowing beard.
"Wait, what? How do you know my name, scratch that; second name?!" Nigel squeaked out, panic flooding his veins. This was entirely too surreal, even for him.

deadsocks

The old man peeled back his cracked lips, revealing rotten stubs of teeth. It took Nigel a few moments to realise that this was supposed to be an expression of mirth.
"Pah, what kind of a name is 'Nigel', anyway? Do you not remember the day that identity was bestowed upon you?"
Nigel's eyes were more than dry from staring already, but he couldn't quite bring himself to close them as the memories locked away in his head bubbled to the surface, begging to be let free.

DeletedUser

The old man peeled back his teeth, revealing rotten stubs of teeth. It took Nigel a few moments to realise that this was supposed to be an expression of mirth.
"Pah, what kind of a name is 'Nigel', anyway? Do you not remember the day that identity was bestowed upon you?"
Nigel's eyes were more than dry from staring already, but he couldn't quite bring himself to close them as the memories locked away in his head bubbled to the surface, begging to be let free.

The memories struggled against their chains, bulging and stretching themselves in an attempt to reach the forefront of his mind. Suddenly the chains snapped, and they all assaulted his mind at once. He saw flashes of a house with a red door, a deep pit underground, a man showing him the skeletons on the walls, an explosion, and the old man standing there, laughing at him over it all.

DeletedUser

"No... this... you're lying! LYING!" Nigel shouted as confusion, pain and fury battled for dominance. His hands gripped his head as he shook it as if to clear it of the pain.
"HeheghehaghaghahaHA! Me, lying? You know I speak the truth boy," the old man hissed gleefully, "and it's time for the finale." He spat a glob of phlegm at the ground, where it sizzled.
"No... no, no no no! Get me away from here, get me out, FLY STUPID BEAST!" Nigel roared as he pounded his fists on the back of the monstrous creature, without much luck.

deadsocks

"I trained Matty, he'll only do as I will," sneered the bearded man. "Now sit down, for crying out loud. And drink this."
Nigel had a vial of pale green fluid thrust in the direction of his hands, and he clasped it. Where the liquid lay against the glass was eerily cool.
Although every inch of sense in his body was telling him not to do it, somehow his fingers found their way to the stopper, and the lips of the vial to his own.

DeletedUser68103

No sooner than the moment the vile substance contacted is tongue did Nigel begin to gag.
Through sheer will power he was able to swallow a bit over half the contents of the tiny vial, panting trying to regain his composure he exclaimed "what is this!!"
The stranger shifted a bit uneasily before explaining.

deadsocks

"That was frog spit. And I said drink it, not dribble it. You are old enough to feed yourself properly, you know," he chastised.
"Frog spit." Nigel felt the greenish goo which smelled faintly of rotting seafood drying on his hands, and decided it was worth questioning.
"Would I be correct if I were to say... this is a murder attempt...!?" were his words as he grabbed the man by the front of his tunic.

DeletedUser

"Don't be foolish, boy!" the old man sneered in contempt. "It's a potion of obedience," he continued smugly, mouth contorting in a toothy grin.
"Wha--!?" Nigel gasped, looking in horror at the tiny vial, his mind only sluggishly comprehending his situation as the vile man turned around.
The man didn't even deign him worthy of an answer, instead whistling sharply into the air. Soon, three other monstrous forms descended, carrying vaguely familiar people on their backs.

deadsocks

Two women and a male. Wearing thick rubber gloves, overalls and bandanas like comic caricatures of gardeners, only the vivid colours of each set of aparel told that there might be something more urgent at hand than overgrown japanese knotweed.
This thought took its time travelling accross Nigel's brain, and for seconds he found himself consumed by it while the potion was absorbed by his nervous system.
[spoil]sorry for nagging you to update and then not updating, myself... I fell asleep for about 18 hours, you guys coulda nobled the crap outta me :D[/spoil]