Would you change anything if you had it to do over again.

DeletedUser

I would like to have done some things differently. I believe I made some mistakes. I also saw things as the world vs Apoc before It seemed others did. They attacked us earlier than others I guess so what can you do. I will say that i'm not shocked at how things have turned out in this world. I think you might could see from very early on that I said this would would end quickly.

I can totally understand that some made more educated decisions and thus feel they made few mistakes. Just thought some might feel differently. I would say that those in opposition to Apoc might recognize some things that cost them. The winners of course probably wouldnt feel the same.

Martin, we didn't attack S (or was it *A* back then?). It was right when the war with MM started, we had enough on our plate, then Aggression started attacking us. It was your choice to do so, not ours, we simply fought back.

DeletedUser

As they should have. They realized it was world vs Apoc. Thats what I liked about them.

I believe this is a war game...more tribes should attack those who are gonna be a problem. Preemptive so to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As they should have. They realized it was world vs Apoc. Thats what I liked about them.

I believe this is a war game...more tribes should attack those who are gonna be a problem. Preemptive so to say.

I take my hat off to the ~S~ players, they showed more determination than most MM players and there are a number of them I would gladly fight alongside had the circumstances been different!

DeletedUser

I would like to have done some things differently. I believe I made some mistakes. I also saw things as the world vs Apoc before It seemed others did. They attacked us earlier than others I guess so what can you do. I will say that i'm not shocked at how things have turned out in this world. I think you might could see from very early on that I said this would would end quickly.

I can totally understand that some made more educated decisions and thus feel they made few mistakes. Just thought some might feel differently. I would say that those in opposition to Apoc might recognize some things that cost them. The winners of course probably wouldnt feel the same.

I do recognise 1 thing in early game that I should have done differently (I was only a Baroness in -MM- back then). The only reason I hesitate to change it if I had that time again, is that maybe it would change other good things that happened to me much later.

This was my first online experience and although there were negatives (lack of sleep tops the list, lol), the good things I experienced and got out of TW, and still have (such as friendships), far outweigh the negatives. I learned sooo much about a lot of things so no regrets there.

DeletedUser

I think I would have sent 2 nobles intstead of 4 when I was nobled. in my previous post I could not have done anything different I just like my first big tribe I would have left it earlyir then I had I did not follow polics a lot back then. I will read a good leadership guide. I proberly would have tried to move to the southern brigade as well turns out I sort of did in a way. my final path would have stayed the same. I have forgottena few detials from this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would change nothing.

Really? didn't you have a post in here before that said you would not have been so tolerant of the tribe makings and having such a big family and making this game so short? Just wondering. Not trying to be offensive, in any way. I just remember a post in here before.

DeletedUser42895

Martin,

I think the leaders failed to put an strong alliance together against the UA, the Brotherhood was not strong enough (because the tribes didn't trust each other).
So personal gain became stronger then the collective.
We all see that the UA was a power house, the only thing they are hoping for that was it would fell apart.
That was the biggest mistake, other things are only tiny chit chat.

DeletedUser

I have to ammend my previous response:

I should have insisted that Apoc-W participated in the shared Apoc claim system...

Well, we did have the per-tribe nobling maps going that were showing them hopping a couple Ks over to establish backlines with their new eastern friends - that combined with the lack of ODA increases showed it wasn't being contested. The writing was on the wall well before they jumped ship. I think we ended up doing mostly the right thing there, as showing the membership trends as a reason to attack would have been less successful at rallying the troops than the "sneak attack" that we were prepared for was...

DeletedUser

Martin, we didn't attack S (or was it *A* back then?). It was right when the war with MM started, we had enough on our plate, then Aggression started attacking us. It was your choice to do so, not ours, we simply fought back.

Based on the maps, S recruited a number of folks towards the core (T~S refugees? I don't remember what tribes), and then jumped their main members similarly to what RKN did to get over TWA. Props to them for making the jump...

DeletedUser

For myself, I wish I'd joined a little bit earlier so I could have been a little closer to friends in the beginning. Definitely some tense moments when you're small and all alone in a K, at least a few days away from any friends.

I'd also have liked to gotten to spend more time with the southern contingents of Apoc sooner - lots of good folks down there that I only know a few of. Working on fixing that, though. :)

DeletedUser

Really? didn't you have a post in here before that said you would not have been so tolerant of the tribe makings and having such a big family and making this game so short? Just wondering. Not trying to be offensive, in any way. I just remember a post in here before.

While I disagree with some of the decisions I made, and perhaps the game could have been more fun for all involved had things been differently, I am happy with the overall end result. I would still change nothing.

DeletedUser

Interesting topic.... certainly hind sight is 20/20 but I guess I would have made more of an effort to get to know S when Fuse first started... we were at war with a few apoc tribes and lets not forget BA... anyway you look at it that was a handful... sadly there were just so many players in S who constantly tested the borders and that it made it impossible to enter into any meaningful agreement. Every agreement we made with S was broken within days if not hours by a player or two... It got to the point where we would just say yeah... another agreement with S... whatever...haha

The other thing I would reconsider is being more open to taking on the leadership when dukes left the game...but I never wanted it and that was no secret.. all in all though that war was fun and seeing two apoc tribes fold for attacking before we went onto other things was more than satisfying... wouldnt change that for the world...lol

On a side note... I wonder why everyone is talking about victory now... the last time I checked there are no official stats for family tribes... In my opinion TW still expects you guys to square off if you want to be declared the winners... Just my opinion... but refusing to fight each other is just a cop out... apoc d is a tribe as is apoc C and all the various variations not to mention BA ... there can only be one winner.... family tribes are a creation of the players not the game... With that said... my hats off to those who are not part of the 'family'... playing against the odds gives nothing but respect from me and many others...

DeletedUser

As mentioned in other threads Apoc-C & -D have now merged.

I don't know the TW admin position on families/alliances and winning the world. I guess if they refused to accept that we were not going to attack each other, and assuming we didn't mass delete, then we could simply let our premium run out and then log in every couple of weeks, then log out. Net result: TW has to maintain a world (which takes admin and machine resources) for no reason.

I would hope that the TW admin would notice zero activity and act accordingly. Of course that assumes a certain degree of rational thinking which isn't always a given ;-)

DeletedUser

You guys merged??? what's the name now... if you haven't chosen one... let me make a suggestion.... Apoc-OCD...lol (almost makes me wish there was an Apoc-O so that could happen)

Seriously Andrew, I didnt know you had merged since most of the threads on here are so full of hatred and venom that I don't bother reading them... But I'm a little puzzled... what's the point of merging at this stage when you already hold such a huge advantage... Do you guys need even more help?... or is it that apoc is trying to merge their way into the rankings ... I think that is far more likely than any other reason...

DeletedUser

We want to convince the TW admin that the world has been won. The thinking is the fewer tribes on the world, the better.

Ideally I'd want the Apoc tribes & BA to merge but we still have too many active players to allow that!

This represents one step on that road. Hopefully that step is enough to convince the powers-that-be that W18 is ready for closure.

DeletedUser

the world will never close like that... not as long as there is a few east players paying premium... and I'll tell you why... because if they wont quit... then you have two choices.... you can keep paying your PP and fighting.... That will be incredibly boring when there are only a few villas left to attack for you guys... or you can delete.. which would technically mean that those few players have won and beat the entire apoc family single handed... I know... it's not what it says according to stats but in the end they will be the last ones standing...

DeletedUser

You guys merged??? what's the name now... if you haven't chosen one... let me make a suggestion.... Apoc-OCD...lol (almost makes me wish there was an Apoc-O so that could happen)

Seriously Andrew, I didnt know you had merged since most of the threads on here are so full of hatred and venom that I don't bother reading them... But I'm a little puzzled... what's the point of merging at this stage when you already hold such a huge advantage... Do you guys need even more help?... or is it that apoc is trying to merge their way into the rankings ... I think that is far more likely than any other reason...

6 character limit. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

the world will never close like that... not as long as there is a few east players paying premium.

Technically this belongs in either recognizing the descent, or the apoc v. world thread.
In short, it's going to take more than a few east players...

Have a look at w12's situation/maps. There are still a few players not part of DNY, but the overwhelming numbers favor DNY.

Technically speaking, Apoc/BA actually control more villages than DNY, but they have a higher total %.

w12 has 293 players left, w18 has 438. w12 will start dropping more quickly soon as they're intending to turn on "no restarts" for rimmed players. Hopefully we'll have that enabled here soon as well.

DNY on w12 has close to 95k villages, versus about 2k in the rest of the "top tribes" (aka World.) - about 98% control.
Apoc/BA actually control a greater absolute number - ~129k villages, versus ~17k in the tribes of "the World." That's about 88% control.

If Apoc/BA kept up their absolute gain nobling rates of the last 30 days, we could reach the same % control in about 4 months, assuming no deletions that would likely speed things up...

I'd also be curious to see who you think will be those last players standing that won't quit... We have an internal poll for "last enemy standing" of significant size, and some of the front-runners have already deleted or are being nobled rapidly.