Proposition 8

DeletedUser

Well... There was definitely some points I wanted to respond to but I think between synergy and Druid they were all covered. So kudos to you guys... ;)

Long story short, government shouldn't legalize discrimination. If a religion wants to make specific rules regarding orientation, then that's up to the religion. Change religions if you disagree.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if anyone will believe me when I say that homosexuals are not looking to corrupt the youth of the world... but then again, you already apparently believe that birth parents only give up their kids because they don't want them, not because they can't take care of them... soooo... maybe this argument won't matter to either of you.

But how excactly would the child know that? The child only knows that his been abandoned

Change religions if you disagree.

Or have none :)

DeletedUser90656

But how excactly would the child know that? The child only knows that his been abandoned

Well, for starters, you could talk to the child about it. Obviously by this point, the kid knows he's adopted, so you could talk to him about the probable reasons why he was given up for adoption - that his parents didn't feel they could support him, that his home wasn't safe, etc... If I were in the situation, I'd probably guarantee him that his parents loved him, and that's why they gave him up... so that he could lead a better life (now I feel like I'm quoting a movie or something... :icon_biggrin:)

But I digress, this is getting off topic as this no longer pertains directly to homosexual couples, or even marriage of any type for that matter :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

This made me giggle a little because of memories... a few years ago I went laser tagging, and a group of kids who might've been between 10-12 were swearing at me because they were competitive or something... I told them they didn't even know what those words meant... I think I was right ;)

That's why you preach tolerance, as Druid said in his massive wall. No one has said that it will be easy, but God knows change is never easy.

I already disagreed with Dark's point, but I guess I can add more seeing as I have no fear of making a wall larger than Druid now :lol:

What if a child is raised to believe it does work? That's what schools are for. I'm not sure if anyone will believe me when I say that homosexuals are not looking to corrupt the youth of the world... but then again, you already apparently believe that birth parents only give up their kids because they don't want them, not because they can't take care of them... soooo... maybe this argument won't matter to either of you.

Also, speaking of worldview, if the homosexual parents teach tolerance (like I'm assuming they would, because... duh?), then maybe this child will have a better view of the world then most of the people out there who aren't nearly as tolerant... just maybe.

You are right with the swearing things - kids are sexually ignorant in their younger age usually.

Preaching tolerance will not change the conservatives. Ultimately the only way to change society will be to see generational change - yes, this means all these old right-wing Christian conservatives will have to die out, in short. It sounds rough, but I know even my Grandparents or aunts and uncles would not approve of my views as an Atheist. (I'm a closet Atheist to my Family, as basically all of my extended family are Christians, aside from a few).

And on the note of teaching them that it doesn't work - do you know how controversial this will become? People will accuse the government (or whoever is writing the curriculum/teaching this) that they are spreading false testament and lies, and make comparisons to the reigns of Hitler or extreme communism. To say it does work is a horrible and ineffective solution. And unless we brainwash the whole world into thinking its possible (even though its not), people will try and find it fails, and it will end up becoming a giant joke.

I've never heard such a stupid idea in my life. You can't just go off and rewrite the human anatomy.

I'm completely against the idea of homosexual couples having children. Though homosexuality is not a choice, its going to have too many negative effects on the child as they enter later life. A mother and a father have two separate roles in parenthood. Unless we can see one of the people in the homosexual marriage inherit a personality 'and everything' of the opposite sex (i.e. everything but the 'private parts', yes that would include doing womanly/manly things), it just wouldn't work out. The child would be at a disadvantage, whether it be that neither parent can cook well, neither parent can clean effectively or neither parent is into sport/gives them a male influence.

DeletedUser93066

Please Dont use words that you don't understand the meaning like the Lewder said.

-LorD

DeletedUser

I'm completely against the idea of homosexual couples having children. Though homosexuality is not a choice, its going to have too many negative effects on the child as they enter later life. A mother and a father have two separate roles in parenthood. Unless we can see one of the people in the homosexual marriage inherit a personality 'and everything' of the opposite sex (i.e. everything but the 'private parts', yes that would include doing womanly/manly things), it just wouldn't work out. The child would be at a disadvantage, whether it be that neither parent can cook well, neither parent can clean effectively or neither parent is into sport/gives them a male influence.
I totally disagree with this bit... What about all the single parents that do a damn good job of raising their kids? They only give one gender's "traits". And that's the part I disagree with the most... I don't think there really is a manly or womanly sort of characteristic anymore. I know a bunch of stay at home dads that are really good cooks and that do the house cleaning, and how many sportscasters on ESPN are women? I'm just saying that in today's world a child can get whatever he needs from either gender. Saying homosexual parents will ruin the child's life is illogical.

DeletedUser

oh my oh me what a commotion. its taken me the best part of a day to read through all of this, im both appalled and delighted by some of the opinions expressed in here.

firstly i should point out that i dont believe in marriage at all really. it just seems to overly complicate an already complicated situation, but if others want to partake in it good luck to them. but whether or not it should just take place between a man and a woman shouldnt even be a question in my opinion.

essentially marriage is just the legal way two people have of expressing their love for one another. denying certain people this legal right is, without a doubt, a clear violation of their basic human rights. you cannot deny a basic right that is so widely allowed and practiced by others based solely on a persons sexual preference. what type of society are we living in here? we dont even deny this right to murderers, rapists or pedophiles!

most of the people in here were lucky enough to have been born in a so called "western society". we were born and brought up free, taught from birth that this freedom is our basic human right and that that this freedom is what makes us human. we are free to make our own decisions and free to live our lives in the manner we deem fit. we worship heroes from both our past and present that brought us this freedom, we fight to protect it and we fight to spread it. hell, even the country in question here has the tag line "the land of the free" . yet..............it denies certain people their basic human rights based on what? their sexuality!!?!?!

and for why? because some people believe it to be immoral? because some people believe it to be creepy? because some people believe that "god" told them it was wrong? because some people think it will be to the detriment of the children they care for? because some people think it will lead to the eventual dissemination of the human race?........because all of them are idiots?

i remember a time not long ago when such similar excuses were used to prevent inter racial marriages. a time such excuses were used to prevent inter religious marriages. a time such excuses were used to contain, control and exterminate certain people based on their religion, race or nationality. a time how many of us want to return to? we have came a long way since the moral majority used to burn people at stakes, nail them to crosses and hang them from trees......

our societies are based on freedom, where church and state are separated for very good reasons. if we continue to deny certain free people their basic human rights based on such frivolous excuses we are aswell just returning to societies where religion rules.......and look at how well that works?

darkaniken2

Marriage is not just a religious term, it is a legal term as well. You don't have to have to be married in a church by a priest to be considered married. Therefore, you don't have to worry about a church being forced to marry a homosexual couple, as they don't have to. Plenty of people get married outside of any religion every year. In fact, my cousin got married legally about 2 years ago without a church being involved, but then, because her family is Catholic, she also had a traditional Catholic wedding a few months after.

As druid so kindly pointed out on skype, weddings and marriages are different. Marriages are state-recognized and grant certain privileges, adoption being one of them. And that is the reason I so oppose homosexual marriage. If they are willing to give up the privilege to adopt, then let them be married. However, this probably won't happen, therefore homosexual marriage should become/remain illegal.

Related to this, you can be married in the eyes of the government without being married in the eyes of the church. We are discussing marriage in the eyes of the government here.

See above

That's why you preach tolerance, as Druid said in his massive wall. No one has said that it will be easy, but God knows change is never easy.

Druid is a female.

What if a child is raised to believe it does work? That's what schools are for. I'm not sure if anyone will believe me when I say that homosexuals are not looking to corrupt the youth of the world... but then again, you already apparently believe that birth parents only give up their kids because they don't want them, not because they can't take care of them... soooo... maybe this argument won't matter to either of you.

Wow.... probably the most stupid idea I've heard yet. Have schools teach that what the child's parents practice is biologically impossible, and therefore they cannot be a biological descendant, telling them they are adopted. Yep, that'll work. Or tell them it does work, which is a load of bullshit, as anyone with two brain cells to rub together could figure out.

Also, speaking of worldview, if the homosexual parents teach tolerance (like I'm assuming they would, because... duh?), then maybe this child will have a better view of the world then most of the people out there who aren't nearly as tolerant... just maybe.

You use words like tolerance like you actually think it's possible. 2 of the worlds 3 largest religions, encompassing over half of the worlds population expressly forbid homosexuality as one of the worst possible sins. Until religion is done away with, there will be little change. And as for homosexual parents teaching tolerance, who would they teach it for? They'd teach the child that they are persecuted by the horrible people in the government and the rest of society condemns them. There is no such thing as universal tolerance.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, for starters, you could talk to the child about it. Obviously by this point, the kid knows he's adopted, so you could talk to him about the probable reasons why he was given up for adoption - that his parents didn't feel they could support him, that his home wasn't safe, etc... If I were in the situation, I'd probably guarantee him that his parents loved him, and that's why they gave him up... so that he could lead a better life (now I feel like I'm quoting a movie or something... :icon_biggrin:)

So your suggestion is... to lie? Oh, brilliant. Let's all tell our children what they want to hear, so they come crashing down to reality when they find out the truth. Yep, that won't bite us in the ass at all.

But I digress, this is getting off topic as this no longer pertains directly to homosexual couples, or even marriage of any type for that matter :icon_wink:

Of course it does. Heterosexual couples who adopt never have to tell the child they are adopted, and if they go through enough trouble, they can prevent the child from EVER finding out. They can bury the records so deep, it'd take a century and a half to find them. Or, they can wait until the child is old enough to accept it, then tell them. A homosexual couple can't do that, because the moment the child realizes that homosexuality cannot result in children, they'll know.

Preaching tolerance will not change the conservatives. Ultimately the only way to change society will be to see generational change - yes, this means all these old right-wing Christian conservatives will have to die out, in short. It sounds rough, but I know even my Grandparents or aunts and uncles would not approve of my views as an Atheist. (I'm a closet Atheist to my Family, as basically all of my extended family are Christians, aside from a few).

Not even then. So long as people follow Islam and Christianity, the worlds two largest religions, homosexuality will NEVER be tolerated. And while the number of Atheists grow, not fast enough to change the moral views in any of our lifetimes.

And on the note of teaching them that it doesn't work - do you know how controversial this will become? People will accuse the government (or whoever is writing the curriculum/teaching this) that they are spreading false testament and lies, and make comparisons to the reigns of Hitler or extreme communism. To say it does work is a horrible and ineffective solution. And unless we brainwash the whole world into thinking its possible (even though its not), people will try and find it fails, and it will end up becoming a giant joke.

I don't think it'd be compared to Hitler, but yes, it would make the educational system a joke, and the government would be a laughingstock.

I've never heard such a stupid idea in my life. You can't just go off and rewrite the human anatomy.

+1

That is possible, but I must admit, unlikely. The main disadvantage would be the ostracisation(sp?) from society. And that is putting the end result mildly.

I totally disagree with this bit... What about all the single parents that do a damn good job of raising their kids? They only give one gender's "traits". And that's the part I disagree with the most... I don't think there really is a manly or womanly sort of characteristic anymore. I know a bunch of stay at home dads that are really good cooks and that do the house cleaning, and how many sportscasters on ESPN are women? I'm just saying that in today's world a child can get whatever he needs from either gender. Saying homosexual parents will ruin the child's life is illogical.

Single parents are standardly biological parents. As you can read above, I disagree with the lack of "womanly/manly" influence being that large of a factor, but single parents are still real parents, where homosexual parents cannot be.

DeletedUser90656

I'm assuming these should be grouped together? I believe you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that schools teach how sex is supposed to happen and where babies come from... I know at my school, in 5th grade we learned about our... "private parts" and what their functions are. In 8th grade, we then went more in depth about our bodies and everything they experience/do (puberty and all that jazz). In 9th grade, we finally had legit sex education, which I believe is actually already required to be taught by the schools by the government, the current policy being abstinence until marriage.

So, to clarify one more time, I too believe it would be stupid to preach that same-sex couples can actually "create" children. In reality, it will be up to the parents AND the schools to teach them how children are actually made. Also, I do not believe that same-sex couples would teach their children that same-sex couples can actually create children... as they are not looking to corrupt society.

Also, I think HIACliff responded to the other point I had a problem with already... so go HIACliff! :)

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
to be honest i dont think it should be voted by a state, but an overall majority of that religion so all Christians should have a say and the overall % should be used instead of one state saying no, another country saying yes but still the same religion.
So we're lumping all Christians together? Quakers, Shakers, Catholics, Episcopalians, Mormons, Amish... Yeah, I don't think that's really gonna work. And seeing as marriage has legal implications, and in the US we separate church and state (supposedly), I think that's even less likely to work.

I take it she's probably about 9 to 11 years old or so? Only just becoming aware enough, I did not know anything about sex when I was 9/10 years old and would literally shit my pants if anybody said 'shit' around me. When she gets older she might end up getting teased about it and realising that her parents are lesbians.
She's 10. I don't know how much she knows about sex because I only get to see her every other summer. :icon_cry: But it's probably not a lot because her Momma is very protective of her. I know she realizes her moms are lesbian. She's talked about that before, and she's told me about the initial confusion with figuring out what to call each of them so they wouldn't both come running if she said, "Mom."
Response to bolded word: Yeah, it's a possibility. So why not work to minimize that possibility as much as we can?

For me I learnt about it when I was 11 or something, and it really wasn't that awkward. But think about it - if the child has had external influences (presumably from friends) saying that gays are bad, evil and disgusting people, it might produce a significant backlash from the child when they realise that their parents aren't their parents (biologically). Heck, at least with adoption you might be able to mask over the fact you aren't the child's real parents well.
Once again, work to teach people to be more tolerant of differences in sexualities.

So it would be good to lie to the child? Some relative would probably spill the beans accidentally...

Speaking as someone who is bisexual, I know I've been attracted to other girls all my life.
My quote as response to your quote. :icon_wink: Although I saw already that Dark corrected this.

+1 (or more, if you prefer)

"Knows"? How would they know they were abandoned unless they'd been told that?

Or have none :)
Or pick a tolerant one...

You are right with the swearing things - kids are sexually ignorant in their younger age usually.
You'd be surprised... I learned how to use a condom in 5th grade.

But with any luck, the younger generations can and will change. Things are slow, but we just have to do our best with as much support as we have. And by making same-sex marriage more mainstream, it will be easier for new people to come to accept it.

I was gonna try to clarify for Synergy, but I saw he beat me to it. :icon_neutral:

I know Cliff already responded to this, but I couldn't help myself.

Um... My dad cooks. My mom microwaves and throws things in the toaster. Oh, and she can boil water too. :icon_cool: Yeah, my mom is the one who does the cleaning. But it's very rare for her to clean unless we have company coming over. She hates cleaning, and she makes that well known. Oh, and guess who stayed home with me the first few years or so of my life? My dad did. My mom was busy working. She was a geologist at the time. (She's a teacher now, but she teaches math and science.) Yeah, that's right. A woman who is involved in science! :icon_surprised: What is this world coming to?!

Are we seriously still beholden to antiquated gender roles? I hope not. I want to be allowed to own property. And I want to be allowed to vote. These are just two of many things women used to not be allowed to do. Times change, as people have said before. In opposite-sex couples, the "feminine" role and the "masculine" role are no longer so clear cut.

Keep it polite guys.

Levy
Levy <3

oh my oh me what a commotion. its taken me the best part of a day to read through all of this, im both appalled and delighted by some of the opinions expressed in here.
Willy <3 (I deleted the rest of it so my text wall would be slightly smaller.)

As druid so kindly pointed out on skype, weddings and marriages are different. Marriages are state-recognized and grant certain privileges, adoption being one of them. And that is the reason I so oppose homosexual marriage. If they are willing to give up the privilege to adopt, then let them be married. However, this probably won't happen, therefore homosexual marriage should become/remain illegal.
Wait, adoption is a privilege? I think the courts would disagree with you there. They've previously extended adoption rights to gay couples, and overturned laws banning gay couples from adopting.

Druid is a female.
You're so blunt... :lol:

Wow.... probably the most stupid idea I've heard yet. Have schools teach that what the child's parents practice is biologically impossible, and therefore they cannot be a biological descendant, telling them they are adopted. Yep, that'll work. Or tell them it does work, which is a load of bullshit, as anyone with two brain cells to rub together could figure out.
Another thing I wanted to clarify, but Synergy beat me.

You use words like tolerance like you actually think it's possible. 2 of the worlds 3 largest religions, encompassing over half of the worlds population expressly forbid homosexuality as one of the worst possible sins. Until religion is done away with, there will be little change. And as for homosexual parents teaching tolerance, who would they teach it for? They'd teach the child that they are persecuted by the horrible people in the government and the rest of society condemns them. There is no such thing as universal tolerance.
Not true. Episcopalians have openly homosexual bishops, and some Quakers perform same-sex weddings. So that rules out the Christians as a whole. I don't know as much as I would like about Islam and homosexuality.

So your suggestion is... to lie? Oh, brilliant. Let's all tell our children what they want to hear, so they come crashing down to reality when they find out the truth. Yep, that won't bite us in the ass at all.
Heck, at least with adoption you might be able to mask over the fact you aren't the child's real parents well.
I refer you to Lewder's post. Are we gonna lie to the kids or not?

Of course it does. Heterosexual couples who adopt never have to tell the child they are adopted, and if they go through enough trouble, they can prevent the child from EVER finding out. They can bury the records so deep, it'd take a century and a half to find them. Or, they can wait until the child is old enough to accept it, then tell them. A homosexual couple can't do that, because the moment the child realizes that homosexuality cannot result in children, they'll know.
Wait, why would a parent ever want to lie to a child all their life? Are they so worried about their parenting abilities that they think the child would no longer love them? But haven't you been going on about how much better heterosexual couples are at raising children? :icon_confused:

Not even then. So long as people follow Islam and Christianity, the worlds two largest religions, homosexuality will NEVER be tolerated. And while the number of Atheists grow, not fast enough to change the moral views in any of our lifetimes.
Scroll up a bit... Already responded to this.

I don't think it'd be compared to Hitler, but yes, it would make the educational system a joke, and the government would be a laughingstock.
So the US educational system isn't already a joke? But that aside, Synergy already responded to this bit.

That is possible, but I just admit, unlikely. The main disadvantage would be the ostracisation(sp?) from society. And that is putting the end result mildly.
So teach people that homosexuality isn't bad. >.< Because I have yet to see anything showing that it is.

Single parents are standardly biological parents. As you can read above, I disagree with the lack of "womanly/manly" influence being that large of a factor, but single parents are still real parents, where homosexual parents cannot be.
Real parents = the ones who love you. Or at least that's how I'd define it.

And for the lolz...
BizarroGayMarriage.gif

DeletedUser90656

I feel like I've been waiting forever and ever to figure out the exact reason why you're against homosexual marriage - I had guesses, but thanks for actually responding to one of my posts so I could really find out :icon_smile: (no, this is not sarcasm, it's just that I always find it difficult to argue if I don't really know why you believe what you believe.)

I feel like Druid pretty much took care of what my responses would be... so I'll just add where/if I feel it's necessary.

I apologize again for not being clear... as you can see above, and in Druid's post, I already clarified.

I realize that I'm lucky to have the parents I have and got to go to the school I went to. I don't know about you, but I've been taught to try to understand other people before I judge them. I don't believe in stereotypes, as people are so much more complex than that. There is no such thing as universal tolerance? What does that even mean? Are you trying to tell me that I can't tolerate all other groups of people out there? If I was too busy looking on the surface and didn't spend any time looking at the person, maybe. Have you ever read Martin Buber before? Great philosopher... he believes in the I-Thou relationships. Basically, in his studies, he found that older, ancient languages never recognized any word like "I" in itself. It was always put together with another word, so you could only reference things like "I-You," "I-It," etc... Is that not the universal tolerance you're looking for? I don't see homosexual people as a group so much as I see my great friends Dana and DJ as individuals...

Also, if you'd like, I can try and put together some stats on the number of the people I know who are not only Catholic-Christians, but are also tolerant of homosexuals... though, there's no way for me to really prove that the stats wouldn't just be made up... but you get the point: I know lots of people who are Catholic and tolerant of homosexuals (and would even fight for their right to marry).

This is the best/quickest link I could find in relation to this: basically, you'll find that a majority of people in this study were forced to give up their kids, and only a whopping 11% of the reasons (victim + other) MIGHT relate to the birth parent just purely not wanting/loving their child.
http://adoption.about.com/gi/pages/poll.htm?linkback=http://adoption.about.com/od/placingachild/i/adoptionoption.htm&poll_id=2112471823

My quote as response to your quote. :icon_wink: Although I saw already that Dark corrected this.

My bad... I'm not sure why I thought you were a guy... but the post of yours that you quoted was actually the one where I realized that you weren't... I was just being stupid. I'd like to think of myself as an intelligent person, but Lord knows I make stupid mistakes like non-other :icon_wink: (as shown by how twice already I've been massively flamed on these forums for misquoting something/not really specifying what I was talking about lol)

So teach people that homosexuality isn't bad. >.< Because I have yet to see anything showing that it is.

Real parents = the ones who love you. Or at least that's how I'd define it.

I like all of this (not that I didn't like the rest... but this was at the end and was shorter lol)

DeletedUser

dark, is this the only reason your are against gay marriage? because you are opposed to them being allowed to adopt children? are you also opposed to a gay couple (married or not) bringing up their own child, one born through surrogacy or in a previous heterosexual relationship.

also are you opposed to any other section of society being allowed to bring up kids, or is it just homosexuals?

darkaniken2

dark, is this the only reason your are against gay marriage? because you are opposed to them being allowed to adopt children? are you also opposed to a gay couple (married or not) bringing up their own child, one born through surrogacy or in a previous heterosexual relationship.

also are you opposed to any other section of society being allowed to bring up kids, or is it just homosexuals?
Homosexuals, murderers, pedophiles(who should be executed IMO), sex offenders of any kind, people convicted of assault, most people who play TW... etc.

PS, the last one was, obviously, a joke...

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Homosexuals, murderers, pedophiles(who should be executed IMO), sex offenders of any kind, people convicted of assault, most people who play TW... etc.

So homosexuals are now as bad as murderers? And people you think should be executed? :icon_confused: The other groups you mentioned are hostile towards people and likely to harm a child. I have yet to see conclusive proof about a homosexual person harming a child. (It doesn't count if they also happen to fall under one of the other categories.)

DeletedUser

Schools shouldn't be teaching kids that homosexuals can produce children, and I don't believe anyone ever said that. What they should be teaching is tolerance. I know where I go to college if you openly insulted a homosexual person you would make a lot of enemies. People wouldn't just laugh it off like they may have where I went to high school and middle school. If somebody says something to my homosexual friend, they've got a lot bigger problems than his hurt feelings. He's got me and a whole mess of others ready to rumble.

I think that the people who are so worried about homosexuals getting teased are more of the problem. I don't know how else to say this, but people should just care less. :p It's none of your business how somebody is sexually oriented, so don't make fun of somebody and certainly don't make fun of their kids. Problem is then solved.

I think the religion argument is completely off. I know sooo many Christians that are tolerant of homosexuals. That's a big teaching of the bible, tolerance. I think if you polled Christians under the age of 30 you'd probably find just as many who don't mind homosexuality as those who do. I think age is a bigger factor in reality than religion.

DeletedUser90656

most people who play TW... etc.

I giggled... :icon_wink: But I agree with Druid's response.

Schools shouldn't be teaching kids that homosexuals can produce children, and I don't believe anyone ever said that. What they should be teaching is tolerance. I know where I go to college if you openly insulted a homosexual person you would make a lot of enemies. People wouldn't just laugh it off like they may have where I went to high school and middle school. If somebody says something to my homosexual friend, they've got a lot bigger problems than his hurt feelings. He's got me and a whole mess of others ready to rumble.

*Raises hand* I'd be there, ready to rumble!

I think that the people who are so worried about homosexuals getting teased are more of the problem. I don't know how else to say this, but people should just care less. :p It's none of your business how somebody is sexually oriented, so don't make fun of somebody and certainly don't make fun of their kids. Problem is then solved.

I wonder what would happen, if instead of worrying and arguing about how the kids are going to get teased, if we put all of that time/effort towards figuring out ways to make sure it doesn't happen... I had a friend who would make all kinds of "gay jokes" all the time, or just reference things in a negative manner by saying things like "that's gay, you're gay, etc..." I told him that, for a straight guy, he was sure focusing on gay people a whole lot... shut him up right away - and he doesn't make those jokes anymore, at least not around me. Not saying snappy comebacks is the way to go, but getting rid of using "gay" as a derogatory term would be a start.

DeletedUser

mmhhhmmm. well most of those people are already denied the right to adopt, for very good and obvious reasons. there still is no obvious reason as to why homosexuals arent allowed to adopt.

you didnt answer part of the question though, is this the ONLY reason you are against gay marriage and are you opposed to homosexuals bringing up their own children born through either surrogacy or in a previous relationship? is it just the adoption part you are disproving of?

DeletedUser

Now reading all this is something I really don't fancy doing (even if I had the time ), so i'm just going to go straight in with my main belief.

What's so different about straight and gay relationships? I belive the main reason why two people fall inlove with each other is because they're happy together. So what gives anyone the right to deny one type of relationship?
Sure people who are religous could argue "God created two different type of sex's for a reason" but wouldn't god/religous figure want all his/her worshippers to be happy?

darkaniken2

mmhhhmmm. well most of those people are already denied the right to adopt, for very good and obvious reasons. there still is no obvious reason as to why homosexuals arent allowed to adopt.

you didnt answer part of the question though, is this the ONLY reason you are against gay marriage and are you opposed to homosexuals bringing up their own children born through either surrogacy or in a previous relationship? is it just the adoption part you are disproving of?
I'm against homosexuals having children at all, for the reasons I've stated throughout this thread. Take that away, and let them be married for all I care. I don't care what people do, so long as it doesn't adversely effect others, as I believe a homosexual home would inevitably hurt a child.