Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

mattoematt

Just a quick comment I wanted to make was that when I joined TW (w6.net) one of the reasons I loved it was because it had graphics, but it was simple. end.

DeletedUser

I recall old days of w5 and w8 interaction with turkish players.
Now i seem to miss them as it long time i interacted with 1 of them.

What if all other versions are killed and all users get invited to net slowly to increase diversity of nations that play net wich atracted many of us.

Any chance net have language version translated instantly from english to local language when IP origin/country connecting is identified and all things get traslated for the use?

In game forums and mails connected some how to google or any other traslating engine so even if a guy dont have a clue of english to be able to comunicate fast and easy with others?

I think ive seen also things about the best is to keep the game as simple as posible.
I wouldnt have liked this game if was all scripts and Premium stuff we have now when i started in 2007.
It was pretty easy to start to play and understand the game.
What if tw would have a box where u can click: level 1 game(BASIC version) for beginers and level 2(ADVANCED) for the older users.

Some time i wonder if non Pa users would be more atracred to this game or to buy Pa if tw team will gift all of them week-end premium for free.
I bet most of them will mint coins and launch atacks in this time interval :)
I bet even wars and dead worlds would be mor active.

DeletedUser

I recall old days of w5 and w8 interaction with turkish players.
Now i seem to miss them as it long time i interacted with 1 of them.

What if all other versions are killed and all users get invited to net slowly to increase diversity of nations that play net wich atracted many of us.

Any chance net have language version translated instantly from english to local language when IP origin/country connecting is identified and all things get traslated for the use?

In game forums and mails connected some how to google or any other traslating engine so even if a guy dont have a clue of english to be able to comunicate fast and easy with others?

I think ive seen also things about the best is to keep the game as simple as posible.
I wouldnt have liked this game if was all scripts and Premium stuff we have now when i started in 2007.
It was pretty easy to start to play and understand the game.
What if tw would have a box where u can click: level 1 game(BASIC version) for beginers and level 2(ADVANCED) for the older users.

Some time i wonder if non Pa users would be more atracred to this game or to buy Pa if tw team will gift all of them week-end premium for free.
I bet most of them will mint coins and launch atacks in this time interval :)
I bet even wars and dead worlds would be mor active.

I like the idea of everyone playing on .net, but a few problems that might cause. Most national servers are generally weaker than .net in terms of player experience and skill (perhaps not .de, but other than that), so it provides a good start for many players to get to grips with the game, instead going straight on to .net and getting disillusioned where they are catted down at 200 points by some co-played account every time.
National servers also tend to have a night bonus, which is helpful for people who may not have the time to be as active as a lot of .net players are.
Having one huge .net server may also not be feasible to manage on the servers or something :icon_razz:

I like the PA idea, but think it can be refined. In the same way as you can win PP by recruiting friends who reach a certain number of points, what about some PP reward if you join a certain amount of worlds, and reach a reasonable level of points on each one (would stop people doing the obvious and joining 50 worlds and never checking again, so you'd actually have to play them to say 5,000 at least.)
Only possible problem (if it is even a problem I'm not sure :lol:) with this is people may use PP to win more PP than they put in, if you see what I mean, as they can reach the points limit much quicker, and a low point limit is easy enough to reach through point whoring if you are lucky. All this means is it would have to be set at the right level, so it wasn't too hard for the average player to reach occasionally, but not too low that it is too easy. Thoughts?

mattoematt

Google Chrome automatically gives you this offer but if the other browsers introduced this it would make it a lot easier for TW and players from around the world.

Sjojoy: You mention that if everyone was on .net newbies would just get rimmed easy or catted down but in the same way there will also be a lot more newbies and a lot more experienced, possibly levelling it out in that sense?

slinkiestwizard

I like the idea of everyone playing on .net, but a few problems that might cause. Most national servers are generally weaker than .net in terms of player experience and skill (perhaps not .de, but other than that), so it provides a good start for many players to get to grips with the game, instead going straight on to .net and getting disillusioned where they are catted down at 200 points by some co-played account every time.
National servers also tend to have a night bonus, which is helpful for people who may not have the time to be as active as a lot of .net players are.
Having one huge .net server may also not be feasible to manage on the servers or something :icon_razz:

I like the PA idea, but think it can be refined. In the same way as you can win PP by recruiting friends who reach a certain number of points, what about some PP reward if you join a certain amount of worlds, and reach a reasonable level of points on each one (would stop people doing the obvious and joining 50 worlds and never checking again, so you'd actually have to play them to say 5,000 at least.)
Only possible problem (if it is even a problem I'm not sure :lol:) with this is people may use PP to win more PP than they put in, if you see what I mean, as they can reach the points limit much quicker, and a low point limit is easy enough to reach through point whoring if you are lucky. All this means is it would have to be set at the right level, so it wasn't too hard for the average player to reach occasionally, but not too low that it is too easy. Thoughts?

If everyone went and played .net the game would start moving backwards. Anyone who knows anything abut the game understands some of the best players are on . net.

To slowly get rid of other country servers would kill the game, players starting for the first time would quickly learn the pain of 2 weeks work gone in a flash by co played or expierianced players .

How about escalating PP based on a specific amount of villages taken from active players? If you earn enough points you get free premium for so many days I would actually force players to learn the game rather than just barb noble and turtle.The biggest disadvantage new players have is there ability to actually understand the full reason for playing the game.

Simply put earn 100 points lets say then you get free premium for one day. (EG)When they sign on the have to read rules +1 point, and so on.Theres plenty of information on the net available to teach a player in a crash course so the player starts off better understanding the game.

This is the main issue with the game as to many dont understand and give up without fully experiencing the game play .I always loved strategic board games , this may be one of the best done in browser format.We all no the best way to enjoy a game is to know the rules and how to play

DeletedUser

If everyone went and played .net the game would start moving backwards. Anyone who knows anything abut the game understands some of the best players are on . net.

To slowly get rid of other country servers would kill the game, players starting for the first time would quickly learn the pain of 2 weeks work gone in a flash by co played or expierianced players .

I understand your points, and am fully in agreement. All I was saying was in theory I can see how it could add a few things to the game, but didn't think it was an idea that would stand up to logistic difficulties. I did also mention that .net does have the game's best players, so I'm agreeing with you there :icon_wink:

@ mattoematt: I see what you're saying. Not sure to be honest, I would have to see it in practice, i.e. play it, to see, but from the other points, doubt I'd have a chance to do that, as the idea is too impractical.

debers

I also agree if they get rid of the country servers it would be a bad move, but what if they set up mini worlds to help newer players have shall we say a practice go and build up and then move onto another world, so say they have 15 villages and are moved into another world and join a tribe as an 'apprentice' so they can learn it could help them develop.

So, say (for instance) on w50 (I dont no the points but id guess about 2m is the highest player) you have a mini world 50 for new guys. This has scripts ran on it by tw where they need to snipe trains, learn about not mixing villages, back tracking, scripts and a whole range of different skills. when they have completed this they are given a rating out of 10 on each and it is sent to the dukes of the top 30 tribes or so. There if a duke is intrested they can make an offer to the player. When the player has made his decision and joins they are 'assigned' to that tribe for 2 months.

In this tribe they get a defensive bonus for a month and can only leave if the tribe is disbanded. This means they can gain further knowledge from the tribe. The first 4 months from nobling their village is sublimented by tw on pp (scary thought I know) but think, when you have had pp it is so dam hard to go without it, thus you give them it for 4 months the next 2 or so years they will put it on their account or find away to get it on their again.

Just my thoughts on it.

DeletedUser

Tribal wars is dieing because it is boring. All my friends that I have got to try the game quit after a day.

DeletedUser

Tribal wars is dieing because it is boring. All my friends that I have got to try the game quit after a day.

What a pointless post...please don't speak up here if you are just going to post something that isn't even worth reading. This game is not for everybody so of course some people will find it boring, this is nothing new to us who actually enjoy the game. Tribal wars is not dying it is simply becoming a game that is meant for certain people. Add that withthe fact that innogames has expanded the base outside of just .net now and it would make sense that .net numbers have gone down while other server bases have increased. The expansion makes it look bad but it really isn't.

http://http://www.innogames.de/en/tribal-wars

There are the other server bases. If you look through them they have players too. If you added all of them up plus what is on .net it would a larger player base than tribalwars first had on .net. Between competition and the expansion of servers innogames have spread the players out, not all of them are on .net like it was at first.

http://www.innogames.de/en/history

This link shows how innogames player base has grown since it started. I will even copy a quote out of it for you if you feel lazy. "The company’s success on the business level is clearly based on the popularity of its games. With some 34 million registered users, Tribal Wars is one of the world's most successful browser games and is now available in more than 30 language versions."

So the players aren't disappearing. Some went to the other bases, some quit, some moved on to other games available that they liked more.

So basically my point is that innogames and tribal wars will be around for a long time to come. Competition is fierce in browser games at this time but innogames is doing a great job keeping up with it. The game will always not be for everybody just like anything in life. People find the things they enjoy and excel at it, tribal wars is just like that. But the good thing is that there are other options innogames offers to the players here and hopefully one catches their eye.

I guess I will end my rant because as always my post is starting to get long and some people don't like reading so much text :icon_wink:

DeletedUser33250

Ummm w52 has been out for 2 days.

W52 is a grass roots program, you have to let it filter its way up to the big leagues, it doesn’t happen overnight.

187570 players already!

Another 10,000 players/accounts have gone, and how long has w52 been out for?
There are more teaching tribes on that world then new players. :icon_neutral:

Speed worlds are the faster worlds. They might consider something faster in the future but thats the whole point of speed worlds right now.

Did Innogames not think of this before? Gamers have no patience or time to wait hours for 1 building to upgrade once, anymore. Now 10 buildings in 3 seconds, that's the speed I'd like to see. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

187570 players already!

Another 10,000 players/accounts have gone, and how long has w52 been out for?
There are more teaching tribes on that world then new players. :icon_neutral:

This happens in every world, the majority of the players across all worlds join up, to see new features, try new things, new start ups, as soon as they hit some road blocks, or their older worlds get busy they stop playing.

Of 187,000 players, how many do you think never logged in a second time? It's probably 25% (though I have no way to substantiate that)

DeletedUser

I used to join all worlds when was no growing barbs to become a farm :) for the lucky guy near me who was interested to play the world(random not planned)
I was upgrading warehouse a little bit some time :)

DeletedUser

It would be nice to have a world where co-playing is banned, co-playing seems to be kinda mandatory now, if you don't co-play you get wiped out

DeletedUser

I bet you are rong.
Some premades use co-play stategy at start but..its not 100% anyway.
Same with late worlds stages.I doubt its very used as % from all players in 1 wold.
Also as many said because most peoples this days have IP that change each time they login to internet, u cant apply the "rule" if implemented.
While maybe 10% will coplay, 90% of user might be checked due to the IP problem i mention.
Wich Tw team cant afford due to limited number of admins anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It would be nice to have a world where co-playing is banned, co-playing seems to be kinda mandatory now, if you don't co-play you get wiped out

It has already been stated that it would be nearly impossible to limit co players. I haven't ever had a co player yet...and I haven't ever had an issue with it limiting me personally. Yes it makes accounts more active and they might grow quicker but it doesn't mean you will lose. Skill has alot more to do with the game than just activity. But there will always be reasons why people are against co playing so its nothing new...

DeletedUser

coplaying allows certain players to excel
Lack of a coplayer does not mean you will fail

This is a game where a finished world has more than one winner. Basically, so long as you dont quit, you wont lose...

slinkiestwizard

Im awaiting the announcement for w 53 settings and when it gonna start, so if like myself a couple of 100 players are waiting to join, at least 6 pre mades established.
That alone shows its not a dying game.

DeletedUser

i just looked at the map of world 12 and if you pay attention you can see that they did not take over every village they just forced the owners to abandon them infact there are more barbarian villages than there are of DNY villages so if anything barbarians should be given credit because if they had a rank they would have beat DNY so DNY didnt win fairly instead they forced everyone to abandon their villages so that they could win.

DeletedUser

i just looked at the map of world 12 and if you pay attention you can see that they did not take over every village they just forced the owners to abandon them infact there are more barbarian villages than there are of DNY villages so if anything barbarians should be given credit because if they had a rank they would have beat DNY so DNY didnt win fairly instead they forced everyone to abandon their villages so that they could win.

That doesn't mean that every barb was there from DNY forcing them to quit.

The majority of those barbs are also small 300-900 villages, especially in the SouthEast corners. It is true DNY has less villages than BARBS but they were good players, and used tactic and fear to wi
n.