Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

The secret is to add in all the features that save all the time with TW, and look back at the mistakes made (dozens of open worlds rendered useless due to opening different language servers)... And find a game that people are satisfied with, then launch Tribalwars 2.0 v1, advertise the shit out of it, and pile everyone into a couple of servers again where people are learning the nuances of a game, thus creating an equal playing field, that isn't diluted, and has the features players are looking for.

That's right.

Completely agree with this. Also would like to know if anyone can give me a decent answer to this:

Why are new worlds being opened so ridiculously quickly one after the other? W52 has barely opened, with the "aim" of attracting newbies to play the game, and not get turned away so easily, and yet the opening of W53 is already being advertised. The only reason I can see for opening new worlds in such quick succession is that TW wants to fill up as many worlds as possible. In my opinion, either shrink the maps so the worlds don't look so unpopulated, or slow down the world opening, and advertise the worlds properly outside of the game (Facebook etc.), to gain more publicity. The same people keep joining new worlds, forcing out any new players, and generally diminishing the player base.

Looking at the early worlds, or even up to w30 say, the entire world is filled with players. After this however, there is quite a sharp fall, worlds like 41, 42 etc, are still very empty. Obviously I am aware some of this has to do with how long they have been opened, and as people restart, it will naturally fill up, but then again, the peak number of players on a world at anyone time tends to be quite soon after it has opened, and then it's downhill from there. And more and more players quit when they've been rimmed the first time, rather than restart on the rim and try their luck again, like they might've in earlier worlds (this brings up a point from earlier in this thread about a changing player mentality, and less willingness to stick at it by new players, but I won't go into that here)

My suggestion is, like AYK has kind of stated above, that there are less worlds, but more is put in to make these worlds fun, popular, and interesting.

slinkiestwizard

Why are new worlds being opened so ridiculously quickly one after the other? W52 has barely opened, with the "aim" of attracting newbies to play the game, and not get turned away so easily, and yet the opening of W53 is already being advertised.

w 53 is a different animal all together , it was specifically set as a premade world. The settings in itself will be great for players with a large knowledge of the game . Its not a start up world, and IMO this has been a long time coming. I agree on the smaller maps i suggested that myself , If you were to look at some of the premades there and the names of the players listed you would understand . This may give some of the players just learning the game a chance as many skilled players will be occupied with this world. I think TW finally got part of *IT right . +1

DeletedUser

w 53 is a different animal all together , it was specifically set as a premade world. The settings in itself will be great for players with a large knowledge of the game . Its not a start up world, and IMO this has been a long time coming. I agree on the smaller maps i suggested that myself , If you were to look at some of the premades there and the names of the players listed you would understand . This may give some of the players just learning the game a chance as many skilled players will be occupied with this world. I think TW finally got part of *IT right . +1

Ah I understand. I think my point in general still stands though, new worlds are becoming more and more frequent, and yet the attraction of new players I don't think has ballooned, so this just results in large proportions of players world hopping. Although in the short-term this might up some figures, in the long-term, a lot of players will not put effort into one or two worlds to get somewhere, but just hedge their bets on say 5-10 worlds, and not acheive anything worth noting in any of them.

DeletedUser

Ah I understand. I think my point in general still stands though, new worlds are becoming more and more frequent, and yet the attraction of new players I don't think has ballooned, so this just results in large proportions of players world hopping. Although in the short-term this might up some figures, in the long-term, a lot of players will not put effort into one or two worlds to get somewhere, but just hedge their bets on say 5-10 worlds, and not acheive anything worth noting in any of them.

They have now increased the break between worlds and are trying to keep a 2 month gap at least to give the world time to progress a bit. Most might not notice but a large portion of those world hoppers are what keep the worlds interesting for some worlds and for other worlds just give a boost in the player numbers and premium users. They can only limit it so much or that large group of people wouldn't be as likely to play as much.

DeletedUser92780

Guys, we should have a world for only first time players, so experienced players wouldn't constantly destroy the new players. This would make more people want to join.

DeletedUser

New Features

Militia - A new unit has been added to early game - Militia. In the event of an attack, you can request your villagers take up arms to defend their home with a button inside your Farm building. This will however have the effect of reducing your mines' production by 50% for as long as your Militia is active. The number of Militia you can request is dependant on your farm level. As it currently stands you will receive 20 Militia for each farm level up to farm 15.
From Beta.

I suggested to bring it from GP to TW. :p
Yay! xD

DeletedUser

I have to admit, after seeing the implementation of it, I definitely like that idea in helping make the game more newby friendly.
Now if only the tutorial taught them how to use them :p~

DeletedUser

Wow, this new update is awesome.
Besides militia you also get.

Troop Overview: There has been an improvement to the nobleman information. The possibility to cheaply rebuild nobles or noblemen in production will be indicated by an extra "+" on this page. Hovering over this "+" with your mouse will show further information.
and
Research Overview: Research directly from Research Overview. Down and upgrading possible.
and by far the most importantly
World Setting Worlds' "geographical" sizes can now be determined by the people (Community Managers) setting up worlds, which means smaller worlds are now possible.
No effing way, just no way. xD

EDIT:
And some i personally think rule:
Village Notes
- Village notes can now be added to any and all villages - including your enemies.
- An icon has been added to the map to indicate which villages have notes.
- A Village Notes icon has also been placed in the 'Combined' and 'Production' overviews. Hovering over it with your mouse will show your notes for that village.
Queue Reordering is now also possible in the Barracks, Stable and Workshop.
and of course
New Awards

Award Name - How it is Earned

Demolisher - number of building levels catapulted
Farmer - most resources looted in a day [Daily]
The Market Guru - number of completed market offers
Nobles Faith - number of nobles killed
The Scout Hunter - number of scout attacks against your village successfully defended
Master of the Battlefield - number of battles ("small" battles don't count) won
Wealth comes in Gold - number of coins minted
The Warmonger - number of different players attacked
Beloved Friend - number of entries in your Friends list
Brothers in Arms - number of continuous days spent in the same tribe
The Reliable Commander - number of 'support' battles taken part in

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Saw this coming from a mile off. When I heard they were bringing out a .uk server I said at the time it was a terrible idea and would be to the detriment of this game, unfortunately I was right. The problem is not lack of advertising, nor is it lack of new features, the problem is there are too many servers. There are now 33 servers, when tribal wars was at its peak in terms of growth there were less than 5, the tribal wars community is now spread too thinly and the game is suffering as a result. If innogames wants to see tribal wars return to its heyday then they must begin to reduce the number of servers and boost the community numbers here on the flagship server.

DeletedUser

Saw this coming from a mile off. When I heard they were bringing out a .uk server I said at the time it was a terrible idea and would be to the detriment of this game, unfortunately I was right. The problem is not lack of advertising, nor is it lack of new features, the problem is there are too many servers. There are now 33 servers, when tribal wars was at its peak in terms of growth there were less than 5, the tribal wars community is now spread too thinly and the game is suffering as a result. If innogames wants to see tribal wars return to its heyday then they must begin to reduce the number of servers and boost the community numbers here on the flagship server.
It may be time to close a few more of the older worlds, perhaps worlds 1-20 or 1-25 could be closed. With some of the earlier worlds with so few players it's got to be getting towards a point where the revenue being brought in for them worlds doesn't cover the costs of running them.

DeletedUser

I think Tribal Wars could get a whole redo, we can have countries. For example On wolrd 1 you might have the countries in Europe, all on land of course and then. You could set it up like a feudal system. For example after like 1 or 2 weeks everyone would vote on a leader and he would direct all operations and what the countries gonna do. He could appoint sub leaders to lead different "regions" of the country (People from the same contry would all be together. Different regions would be in different tribes, but would communicate and help each other. Everything would be on land and Different worlds would have different places, For example World 1 could be Medeival Europe and World 2 could be Eastern Europe. When you start you would be placed in a random country and the players in the country would be kept equal. This way experienced players would be having an incentive to help newbs and it gets a sense of Tribal Wars. All the in game mechanics and units could be the same. What do you think of this idea because as of right now TribalWars.com is more exciting than TribalWars.net

nindel

I agree,the player base has been spread quite thinly and, without going into it too deep, has helped in weakening the TW community.

I think Tribal Wars could get a whole redo, we can have countries. For example On wolrd 1 you might have the countries in Europe, all on land of course and then. You could set it up like a feudal system. For example after like 1 or 2 weeks everyone would vote on a leader and he would direct all operations and what the countries gonna do. He could appoint sub leaders to lead different "regions" of the country (People from the same contry would all be together. Different regions would be in different tribes, but would communicate and help each other. Everything would be on land and Different worlds would have different places, For example World 1 could be Medeival Europe and World 2 could be Eastern Europe. When you start you would be placed in a random country and the players in the country would be kept equal. This way experienced players would be having an incentive to help newbs and it gets a sense of Tribal Wars. All the in game mechanics and units could be the same. What do you think of this idea because as of right now TribalWars.com is more exciting than TribalWars.net

There's no Tribalwars.co- Oh... oh I see what you did there... T_T

DeletedUser71844

...Sigh... Yeah TW was fun while it lasted.

R.I.P Tribal wars. <3

DeletedUser

Umm it isn't quite dead yet, and to be honest being on beta, and seeing some of the new changes coming, this game isn't going anywhere.

Gorth summed a lot up nicely up there.
Imagine a world with only 16 K's? Hawt.

DeletedUser

#1 2010,July 22nd, 05:47
As of today, there are 224,905.

At present time: (about 2,5 months later)
As of today, there are 174,278.

In theory, this kind of decine would mean the game would die on about 1,5 years?

DeletedUser

In theory, this kind of decine would mean the game would die on about 1,5 years?

The thing you don't consider is there will be a drop off where the decline will stop or nearly stop. All the people who actually play the game will still be there. With all the new changes too, more people might start coming back into the game or more people will start joining.

DeletedUser

Currently 173,293 players. Probably most of the current losses is down to people who have joined the newer worlds and left for whatever reason and their villages are starting to go barb now.

DeletedUser

Hey yeah, and we could call it Nation Wars, or Continent Wars.

First off, , if you wanna get technical, then you could already call tribal wars, continent wars, because in the later stages in the game it is continent wars where you have 1 or more continent fighting 1 or more continents. And besides, If the game is supposed to be set in the medieval stages of the game. Im pretty sure there were really not too many tribes back then. Last time I checked most people had banded together to form COUNTRIES?!?!?!?