Removal of army camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I was dissapointed by this feature, it was a genius idea, however I think it needed improving. If they had been much cheaper, and made possible to have more, they would've been better strategiacally, and more fun to use. Also I think you SHOULD have been able to stack attack. but I guess its all opinion :) im sure others would disagree with me

DeletedUser

Totaly Agree with this blog, taking out a primary function of these worlds without listening to the players on those world is madness. The bigger tribes are using those camps, and for some players it is really necessary!

We (TEC) Are using the camps in almost every OP. And yes, it takes some time to learn about them, but after that those camps are really usefull. Thereby, I donated 700 coins and If I my tribe can't use them on the camps I simply want those coins back.

~Purpose of Life

jayjayjay68

Good thing they were removed. Nice decision.
Skype-emoticons-48-yes.gif

Another lame answer, now Nima why would you even bother. You are a Mod so your opinions are looked at more closely as the average player thinks mods know what they are talking about (rolls eyes)

But you have never even bothered to work out the camps so making an opinion like this just shows ignorance.

DeletedUser656

We will be able to restore gold coins, but they will not be restored in the last donated order. For example:

• Tribe has had 3000 coins donated to it
  • Now has 1500 coins remaining
  • Player 1 donated 2000 coins first
  • Player 2 donated 1000 coins second
  • Player 1 will have 1000 coins returned
  • Player 2 will have 500 coins returned

We'll also double the max noble distance on world 47. I don't really see any reason to alter it on world 49.

jayjayjay68

We will be able to restore gold coins, but they will not be restored in the last donated order. For example:

We'll also double the max noble distance on world 47. I don't really see any reason to alter it on world 49.

So I take it the decision has already been made then, and there is no changing it.

DeletedUser

On top of what jayjayjay said. Why was there a decision made, without a poll or something for the players to vote on if we want these removed. Like, you do with half priced coins ive seen on other worlds. Why, does there decision matter.. but when we want something and yall don't see it working your first thought is to remove it. What makes them better then us can you tell us that Morthy?.

Forgot to add. You also, let it be up to the players on certain worlds choose when its time to close (w12, w18). I think everyone should be treated equally, we are paying customer i think our opinion matters just as much as anyone elses does.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

After all the reactions posted on this thread, all you can answer is this one? Can't you read morthy the questions thrown which needs relevant explanation from you guys. We do trust the TW admin to do the right thing, don't ignore us.

File Not Found

@ a.k.a xtrust

As has been mentioned, the performance of all world is suffering due to the additional code required for Army Camps.

Unfortunately, in order to make game updates as painless as possible, all servers must use the same code, with only the settings file being different. In fairness, like it or not, this is being done in the interests of professionalism.

That said, I agree that the rules shouldn't be changed half way through a game.

Rudegar

Can I sugguest we run a poll, All the dukes of W47 and W49 in the top 10 tribes can run an internal pol. Or even better we get together and make a petition.

I will start us off:

Uruz 26 members and 21 Prem members all disagree with army camps being taken off W47

Signed JJJ-Raven-JJJ Duke of Uruz

dont even need to ask people to know that the most active core of madhat would be deleting, most of us came to play together as a team and i already know enough would be leaving that i can guarantee the rest wouldnt stick around either.

personally im not inclined to invest another 7 months of my time and money in playing another world just to have the rules changed mid game.

westgirl

I have to say a few of my senior tribe members have mailed me saying they'll be moving on to W53 if army camps are removed - mainly because support cant be sent until after the village is captured. We have used them A LOT on previous OP's and had no problem with them.

I'd think seriously about carrying on here if we can't have player domination of a K because every man and his dog needs to be 2 hours away from his OP target because he cant support until the village is captured....horrendous

DeletedUser

We all came to these worlds because we wanted to do something different, and guess what, the players still around do like this feature (otherwise they should leave this world).

If those camps aren't a success you shouldn't use them in the new worlds you've open but deleting them after a few months of gameplay wouldn't be fair. we all (PA users) invested money to get here and stay alive.

It is just very simple, open a in game poll and see the results. After this you can decide; delete or not.

DeletedUser656

Sadly, yes, the decision has already been made. I agree that taking away features is never a good thing, especially in this manner. All I can do is say I'm sorry and that we'll try our hardest to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

DeletedUser

Another lame answer, now Nima why would you even bother. You are a Mod so your opinions are looked at more closely as the average player thinks mods know what they are talking about (rolls eyes)

But you have never even bothered to work out the camps so making an opinion like this just shows ignorance.

Sorry Jay. I was in a hurry and just posted my opinion plainly. I meant to say it is a good decision not to include army camps in any future worlds. In my opinion they are not that useful and they only tend to make the game complicated for newer players who still have many other things to worry about learning instead of focusing on army camps. Now what does the army camps offer? The only use I can find for them is a series of surprise attacks. Now all the trouble of reading, understanding, donating coins, and coordinating troops just to gain some surprise doesn't seem so appealing. I guess the fact that army camps have been rarely used may prove my point here.

But you are right concerning W47 & W49. I didn't pay much attention to the situation there because I wasn't playing there. :icon_redface: My earlier post was mainly based on my own interests and the fact that I would like the future worlds not to include army camps. As for W47 & W49, Because I am not playing them and have no idea what the situation is there, I don't think I have the right to comment about army camps' removal in those worlds.

Hope I have made my earlier post's intention more clear.

Cheers,
Nima

DeletedUser

Sadly, yes, the decision has already been made. I agree that taking away features is never a good thing, especially in this manner. All I can do is say I'm sorry and that we'll try our hardest to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

Decisions are made to turn back. :)

imsureidontlike69

Then sadly, it must be overturned. If I may ask, who made the decision?

~Imsure

PS. I will be deleting all worlds upon the removal of the army camps.

DeletedUser

Then sadly, it must be overturned. If I may ask, who made the decision?

~Imsure

PS. I will be deleting all worlds upon the removal of the army camps.

Im afraid you are not the only one, and those worlds are already so inactive :S:icon_cry:

jayjayjay68

It is with great sorrow that I say this, but if the Army camp function is removed from W47. I will be setting my account for deletion. I joined W47 for Army camps and to remove this 10 months into a world is not acceptable to me.

Jay.

DeletedUser

Band-aid solution. This is sounding kind of like the Australian Labor party, when your opinion polls are going down you just throw a few band-aid fixes on it and hope it goes away.

What I am asking is why would this not have been discovered on the Beta server or in other testing?

@ a.k.a xtrust

As has been mentioned, the performance of all world is suffering due to the additional code required for Army Camps.

Unfortunately, in order to make game updates as painless as possible, all servers must use the same code, with only the settings file being different. In fairness, like it or not, this is being done in the interests of professionalism.

That said, I agree that the rules shouldn't be changed half way through a game.

How severely? If its a matter of just reducing world player amounts to <90,000 from <100,000 that's not really an issue IMO.

EDIT:
Camps started off in the German server, and to my knowledge are still being used there. And if I remember, when church worlds started there was and still is a lot of players against them. But they have not been taken off any worlds. W47 started as a Camp World and should finish as a camp world. I implore you not to do this.

http://forum.die-staemme.de/showthread.php?t=144110
Using my Year 11 German skills, the general gist of it is that when TW released version 6.0 it came with army camps. Unfortunately, there were problems and faults and army camps are to be removed on 25. November blah blah blah, basically similar to the announcement on here.

A server-wide shutdown is being staged, it seems. Only fair, realistically.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I always remain silent on the externals as I use it as a place to feed of information rather than to give it out. On this occasion I think I should give my 2 pence.

As a paying customer on w47 I came to this world with the expectation that my time on the world would be one with army camps. To disable it less that a year after the world starts is not really fair on the people that have invested time in the game.

Furthermore we are probably getting to the point where more than a handful of accounts can use them. When our accounts were smaller we tried them out. Watching some players use them to full effect and trial and error means a lot of us feel we could put one to better use now than 4 months ago. I'm sure that trend would continue as our accounts grew bigger and more capable of affording the troop/coin expenditure. Looking at the spread of one particular account shows that they can be used to great effect.

Army Camps are not without their design faults. I would say they are probably a bit too vulnerable for the masses to use properly and this has hampered use in my opinion.

I for one don't feel this move is needed or justified for w47. A poll to see what people think and a possible look at improvements would be the better option than a complete removal as people have already suggested.

Rudegar

id like to thank the admins for their timing, i was halfway through sending troops in an op im engaged in at the moment, had they waited another 24 hours to notify us of this i would have wasted hours more sending out attacks.

id like to encourage whomever was responsible for making such a decision to take the time to discuss the decisin they seem to have already made with someone who works in PR or marketing as what they have built in Tribal wars is in effect an excellent brand which almost any marketer or business owner would be proud of, your customers are largely passionate consumers of your product; many staff work as volounteers; people encourage their friends to join the game; they discuss it on forums; they eagerly anticipate the opening of new worlds and in essence have formed an alternate community based around the feeling of belonging they have within the game; they spend their lunch breaks at school and work chatting with tribemates over skype...

your customers actually feel a sense of belonging to your brand. Your customers very behaviour is effected by their subscription to this game, in some cases quite drastically.

its brilliant... i wish the customers of my buusiness were 10th as passinate or felt as involved as they do here.

heres the downside... what you are doing now is felt with disbelief by those loyal customers who werent just buying your product, but whom were subscribing to what you offered and basing a significant portion of their time and energy into your game. it is not felt like verbal abuse from a stranger in the street, but more akin to a slap in the face from a loved one.

I like many others came to this game from teh facebook ap, knigthood, people left in droves when afte months or years of playing the nature of th game was suddently changed, and many came to play tribalwars instead... now i and many oters find ourselves on a world where the same thing is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.