Discussion: Tribal Wars 7.0 and World 54

DeletedUser

Do you have premium? If so, upload /oldstyles.css as a custom graphical pack and you should be fine.

Yes, I do have premium. Thank you for your reply. I have clicked the "classic view" button, logged out, logged back in and no change. I did it again and shut down my browser after logging out and still no change. Did it again and went all the way to shutting down the computer and restarting everything and still no change. Either that function is non-functional or I'm not understanding what it's supposed to do.

I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks,
Mike

DeletedUser

Yes, I do have premium. Thank you for your reply. I have clicked the "classic view" button, logged out, logged back in and no change. I did it again and shut down my browser after logging out and still no change. Did it again and went all the way to shutting down the computer and restarting everything and still no change. Either that function is non-functional or I'm not understanding what it's supposed to do.

I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks,
Mike

Nope, still not working. The classic view check box is checked, I've tried adding your path to both the text fields down below in the Settings tab and I can't get rid of the updated view. I am using Firefox as my browser.

jayjayjay68

I just activated my free 3days of account manager, And I would just like to comment on a few things.

Talk about trying to fleece us of more money, I really cant believe innogames would try and stoop so low. So you the extra 200 PP you get 3 new functions and an early attack warning.

Building Ques: Well this really was not well thought of, for one. You can't pick what buildings you want to build 1st. So what is the point of this?

Troop Building Ques: For the 200 PP it costs to do this, the mass recruit scripts pretty much do the same job. Even if your semi active and log in for 5 mins, hit the mass recruit and log out. So a huge waste of money for buying AM

Resource Function: Again, this has not been given any thought whats so ever. If you play this game, your resource needs are always changing. So spending an hour to set this up every few days, really is not worth the bother. Or extra expence.

The Only function that is somewhat useable, is the mail function. When you recieve new attacks. But again, not worth 200 PP extra.

Only thing I can commend inno games for, is that they atleast made AM seperate. And did not bolt it on to the regular prem and charge us extra. So atleast we can choose not to pay the exuberant price they seem to think is ok to charge for this.

I for one, will not be playing extra for a function that really is not worth the bother.

Jay

Typhi

General Statements:
-The AM hasn't yet been activated on older worlds because the developers would like to first make a few improvements.
-Yes, browser performance doesn't seem to be all that nice yet. It really is being looked into. In the mean time, I'm told that FireFox 4.0 seems to be handling the loads quite nicely, or at least better.

I probably don't know enough about programming to understand the answer, but it would be nice to know how to do that. Fix my scripts so they can be used with 7.0, I mean.

I believe that FileNotFound has compiled a list of scripts that work in 7.0 in the Scripts forum here on the externals you might have some luck there. ^_^

As to scripts: I think by and large the script system is appropriate.. user created. But for mass recruit, mass minting/storing, sort, and tagging, the developers should start handling it. Players are ready to quit every single time when their scripts don't work and they wait days for an upgrade. For the love of all that's holy, host the scripts somewhere on tribalwars.net (one instance of each script for each world), advertise it and let us link up to them with our quickbars. Then you can upgrade the scripts behind the scenes whenever required. Honestly for your coders it can't be that hard. And if we don't like them we can still use our own until they break :)

That said I'm sure I'll love it once I'm used to it. If I had to play this game while looking through a toilet paper tube and on a monochrome CRT I'd probably still do it.

Problems that arise right away:

-The "Declare War"/"Offer Peace" functions create an event in the tribe Overview. Why? One person can flood my overview with crap for days.. easily abused feature and annoying.

Scripts: The development team is well aware that scripts are a necessity for many players, and many of the recent game features are intended to help ease the strain on late-game players.

War declaration under Tribal Events: Well, it's something one would want to keep track of, surely? Perhaps some sort of frequency filter should be installed.

I think there should be a choice to opt out, or disable it.

You can give your account the 6.5 look by filling in /oldstyle.css in the CSS file path space available under Settings > Settings. :d

Where is the account manager on older worlds?

It hasn't yet been activated on the older worlds as we'd like to get a bit of improvement done on it first.

Why put a silly pic in the reports. The only option to remove it is to kill all updates that I pay for with my premium.

Eh, it only kills the new unit icons and night vision on the map besides the report pics.

Don't you use the Beta word to test things out should not all of this been done well before it went on line?

Then we have the normal script hunt that happens every couple of months Why have you not at last put some up on TW for all to use? Go on say it has nothing to do with us the normal poor answer. Just how many would still play without them now?

I find it even slower to load pages than before not as fast as when I was able to use the graphical package, but not seen an update since version 5.3

I do like the map however unsure that having all my map scripts taken from me & no chance of an update does offset it. I guess the short answer is it does not.

Bullet points!

- I assure you we tested it on the Beta. :D

- The scripting staff have made an effort to supply you with scripts, have a look at the Script forum linked above.

- You can use the /oldstyle.css package to revert to (almost) the 6.5 look.

- Several map scripts have already been fixed, I'm told.

Where do I find the promised "Hall of Fame" or is that something the older worlds don't get?

Links to it will still be added at some point soon. In the mean time, you can add /hall_of_fame.php to the end of a world's url to see that world's HoF. (Buzz me if that's not clear enough.)

I can't seem to disable the new graphical "upgrades." Clicking on the classic view box in Settings and then clicking OK doesn't do it for me, nor does logging out and logging back in. Box is still checked, I'm still suffering under the upgrades.

Things I don't like:
* Get rid of the needless pic in the reports. I'm playing on a laptop and I now have to scroll down to see WTF happened.

The 'Classic' view disables the report pics, night vision and the new unit icons, so you won't see a change unless you try to view those specific things.

* The tribal forums are now useless to me as the display area is way too narrow.

You should be able to adjust the width of your TribalWars screen under Settings. :]

2) THAT STUPID HIGHLIGHT BAR! Who at TW thought that was a good idea? It is incredibly distracting. It's like having a monkey on your shoulder hooting every time the cursor goes up or down a row.

Row highlighting actually came directly from the Community, and on the whole seems to be appreciated. :p

If I can't get the classic view back (not sure what else to try), that's the last straw for me and I am quitting TW.

I took the liberty of logging into your account to troubleshoot. Unfortunately, it seems that you were supplied with an incorrect file path. It should have read "/oldstyle.css" rather than "/oldstyles.css". I've corrected it on your account, so you should be good to go. I'll be editing the post that gave you the incorrect information. :p

I do love the lack on moderator response to this - our only conduit to the great minds behind this almighty hash up - I feel it's akin to contacting that other great misnomer THE CUSTOMER HELP LINE for any major company.

Why post a topic if no bugger will actually respond even if it's the normal corporate rubbish - we are aware there are issues and your complaints are being looked into or (shock horror) an actual human response dealing with any of the points raised

So it's patently clear this update wasn't tested in any meaningful fashion, it's being foisted on older worlds and new alike, the most pointless being the closed worlds where the update WON'T attract any new custom which I'd assume is it's primary pretty (or is that petty) purpose, and we are stuck with it.

I mean Huzzah & Ballyhoo! I was awarded for minting 30,000 coins yesterday - wow my profile looks so much better now everyone can see that, oh wait if anyone on my world hasn't minted that number of coins what have they been doing the past 3 years...

Yes I am starting to get mean and petty about this as I actually care about the game, I really hope that it thrives and with that I hope beyond hope that someone actually reads our comments about the game to try and use it as the basis to improve the playing experience.

Anyhoo back to grip mode.... so as there is no going back one would assume (as that would be oh so wrong to actually be able to undo changes that mess up a computer program - why would anyone build that in to a program update a restore to previous point function!) can we expect a timescale when the lag issues or broken parts of the updates will be fixed or we just going to be left hobbling on making the best of a bad lot when the next round of changes are summarily imposed on us.

Strabby
A sad and disappointed Tribal Wars CUSTOMER

In all fairness the majority of the mods here don't know anything more about 7.0 than the average player does. I am of course fully aware of the fact that that doesn't make things any better for you - merely trying to redirect your anger away from the (relative) innocents. In the defense of the others, I'm sure you can understand that some of them get tired of answering the same questions over and over again considering that how to turn off what appear to be the most objectionable features (report pics etc) was mentioned in the globally announced Changelog, and especially when said questions are answered on nearly every page of the topic. Once again - not a good excuse, merely a mitigation.

Objection to the arguments against updating the closed worlds! The features of 7.0 are aimed at new players and late-gamers alike. The Account Manager (which granted is not yet active on older worlds) is a prime example of what is being attempted to make things easier for large accounts. There are a fair few others as well.

I just activated my free 3days of account manager, And I would just like to comment on a few things.

Talk about trying to fleece us of more money, I really cant believe innogames would try and stoop so low. So you the extra 200 PP you get 3 new functions and an early attack warning.

Building Ques: Well this really was not well thought of, for one. You can't pick what buildings you want to build 1st. So what is the point of this?

Troop Building Ques: For the 200 PP it costs to do this, the mass recruit scripts pretty much do the same job. Even if your semi active and log in for 5 mins, hit the mass recruit and log out. So a huge waste of money for buying AM

Resource Function: Again, this has not been given any thought whats so ever. If you play this game, your resource needs are always changing. So spending an hour to set this up every few days, really is not worth the bother. Or extra expence.

The Only function that is somewhat useable, is the mail function. When you recieve new attacks. But again, not worth 200 PP extra.

Only thing I can commend inno games for, is that they atleast made AM seperate. And did not bolt it on to the regular prem and charge us extra. So atleast we can choose not to pay the exuberant price they seem to think is ok to charge for this.

I for one, will not be playing extra for a function that really is not worth the bother.

Jay

We're actually working on improving the Account Manager, I can run some of the things we're thinking about by you in private if you'd like?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think version 7 was introduced too early, with no significant testing. The tribal forums used to open in a separate windows from the beginning (now you have to open the forums, and then click "» Open forum in a new window"). I don't know about others, but I really like that.
Second, (and the biggest problem) with the new reports forwarding feature (in mails) - it's not working. I have lots and lots of reports that are not showing in the reports section.
3rd, When you highlight a player on the map, it doesn't instantly changes the color in the area you've changed it (I can provide further details if it's not clear) Anyway, this was prior to version 7 anyways... You have to wait for quite a while... (example: restarting the browser, so on and so forth...)
4th - I just don't understand why you've interchanged "Reports, Mails, Tribe" with "Settings, Premium etc.". We've played with those buttons for years, and now you've changed it just for the idea of "change". You could have just improved the looks without changing those buttons between them without re-arranging the buttons. Now I feel so clumsy using them.. Same goes with "Overview" button... Why nerfing it with the other buttons, when its place was next to "Map" button?
5th - The centered links on the quick bar... It's a waste of space ! I can't stuff all my links into a single line, like I used to. Now I have to use 3 lines... Just a bugger...
I just don't know why all these modifications with no asking for players opinion...
I hope my ideas will come in handy and will be taken in consideration. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nope, still not working. The classic view check box is checked, I've tried adding your path to both the text fields down below in the Settings tab and I can't get rid of the updated view. I am using Firefox as my browser.

Yeah, report that then. That's not how it's supposed to work :lol:

EDIT: Actually, try /oldstyle.css before reporting that. I think I gave you an incorrect filename.

DeletedUser

That one worked for me:) Altho I'd prefer the new look. My phone just dint have to net speed to do the graphics

DeletedUser

6th - Mass recruiting scripts are not working and now can't find anyone that does... (I'm on Opera)
EDIT: No script is working. Except the fake script...
7th - The "Reports" button cannot be accessed, only when no new reports have arrived (First access the tiny tiny button in mail-shaped form, and only then the "Reports" button works as a link)

Sorry to post these things. They might seem as nonsense for some, but it used to represent the easy playstyle of Tribalwars, and that's what I loved at this game and made me quit all other games in the favour of this.

DeletedUser

That one worked for me:) Altho I'd prefer the new look. My phone just dint have to net speed to do the graphics

the check box should have sorted that? Oldstyle is the old look, the checkbox in the new look but no new graphics. Are you sure you are confirming the changes?

DeletedUser

6th - Mass recruiting scripts are not working and now can't find anyone that does... (I'm on Opera)
EDIT: No script is working. Except the fake script...
7th - The "Reports" button cannot be accessed, only when no new reports have arrived (First access the tiny tiny button in mail-shaped form, and only then the "Reports" button works as a link)

Sorry to post these things. They might seem as nonsense for some, but it used to represent the easy playstyle of Tribalwars, and that's what I loved at this game and made me quit all other games in the favour of this.

6th: There is a whole discussion about it on the scripts forum, with many scripts already adapted to v7...
7th: I only encountered that bug when using the oldstyle.css on sat accounts. enable to scrolldown menus for an easy fix.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the answer.

When can we expect AM to be introduced on older worlds? What improvements are being made?

Death_Symphony

I was happy with the update until I realized the 'account manager'..etc awards..

You're basically killing the average player here, and at the time you keep complaining about the decrease in player numbers (?!!), this will damage the game's reputation beyond repair, I hope you take time to analyze your decisions regarding that matter.

You pretty much legalized a form of botting...awesomness -.-

DeletedUser

I was happy with the update until I realized the 'account manager'..etc awards..

You're basically killing the average player here, and at the time you keep complaining about the decrease in player numbers (?!!), this will damage the game's reputation beyond repair, I hope you take time to analyze your decisions regarding that matter.

You pretty much legalized a form of botting...awesomness -.-

I doubt it, the only useful feature on the account manager is the village builder, all it will do is make things easier for barb builders, :lol:

DeletedUser

Thank you typhlosionrulez it's good to get a proper response to your queries

Can I suggest that the account manager just not be added to older worlds full stop, or at least allow the players on those worlds to vote to see if we actually want them.

I appreciate they are still being tweaked at the mo but at least one element, Building Ques, will basically take away catting as a viable war action. If the attacked player can just specify what they want their village to look like at the press of a button why bother catting.

DeletedUser

6th: There is a whole discussion about it on the scripts forum, with many scripts already adapted to v7...
7th: I only encountered that bug when using the oldstyle.css on sat accounts. enable to scrolldown menus for an easy fix.

No explanation for the first 5 of my ideas? I don't think any satisfactory answer will be given since I just wanna dispose of this new version.
As soon as my premium expires, I will be quitting TW... (Few days of extra playing ! Yay !)

chrisparty

Is there any particular reason that I can only use the new export feature on the noble planner for my own claims, and not another player's?

I understand that the practical side would be that I don't need this because I'm not nobling them, but it's sort of silly to block other players from doing this...What about leadership who is planning ops, or players actually cooperating with each other and say, nuking their tribemate's claims in the name of teamwork?...

If this has already been answered, forgive me and point me to the answer.

A humble player

No explanation for the first 5 of my ideas? I don't think any satisfactory answer will be given since I just wanna dispose of this new version.
As soon as my premium expires, I will be quitting TW... (Few days of extra playing ! Yay !)

you realize there were 50 players that said this when 6.0 came out, because 6.0 sucked too!
so did 5.0!
and the 4.0 graphics overhaul!
and 3.0 with growingbarbs and bonuses
and 2.0 with pre 4.0 graphics

According to many people, every update has sucked and yet, very few of them actually end up quitting :S

DeletedUser

you realize there were 50 players that said this when 6.0 came out, because 6.0 sucked too!
so did 5.0!
and the 4.0 graphics overhaul!
and 3.0 with growingbarbs and bonuses
and 2.0 with pre 4.0 graphics

According to many people, every update has sucked and yet, very few of them actually end up quitting :S

You throw all these numbers about like you know what your talking about but really , have you not noticed how many people are quitting , add it up maths man .

DeletedUser

Thanks to the mods for their help! Except for that highlight bar, things are mostly back that way I prefer them. :)

Typhi

I think version 7 was introduced too early, with no significant testing. The tribal forums used to open in a separate windows from the beginning (now you have to open the forums, and then click "» Open forum in a new window"). I don't know about others, but I really like that.
Second, (and the biggest problem) with the new reports forwarding feature (in mails) - it's not working. I have lots and lots of reports that are not showing in the reports section.
3rd, When you highlight a player on the map, it doesn't instantly changes the color in the area you've changed it (I can provide further details if it's not clear) Anyway, this was prior to version 7 anyways... You have to wait for quite a while... (example: restarting the browser, so on and so forth...)
4th - I just don't understand why you've interchanged "Reports, Mails, Tribe" with "Settings, Premium etc.". We've played with those buttons for years, and now you've changed it just for the idea of "change". You could have just improved the looks without changing those buttons between them without re-arranging the buttons. Now I feel so clumsy using them.. Same goes with "Overview" button... Why nerfing it with the other buttons, when its place was next to "Map" button?
5th - The centered links on the quick bar... It's a waste of space ! I can't stuff all my links into a single line, like I used to. Now I have to use 3 lines... Just a bugger...
I just don't know why all these modifications with no asking for players opinion...
I hope my ideas will come in handy and will be taken in consideration. :icon_rolleyes:

1. I know of some people who hated that. It's a matter of preference.
2. Ehhh I've played around with this feature myself and was pretty sure it was working. Can you lay out a step-by-step plan of how you are doing it?
3. Are you talking about the minimap or on the large map? There's always been a (configurable) wait time before it pushes the colour data to the minimap.
4. To make the layout more intuitive for beginners. I'm told that the new layout is more compatible with the way similar browser games do things. It'll take a while, but we'll all get used to it.
5. Mind if I have a look at your account to play around with that?

I assure you, 7.0 was built primarily on suggestions directly from the community. You've managed to pick out a good few of the ones that weren't, though. :p

That'd be a shame, as surely the stuff listed above is pretty minor as these things go? No gameplay change, and that's what you play for, isn't it?

Thank you for the answer.

When can we expect AM to be introduced on older worlds? What improvements are being made?

It hasn't officially been scheduled yet, unfortunately. As for what kind of improvements... I'd prefer not to say, as the changes are not yet concrete.

Last edited: