Discussion: Tribal Wars 7.0 and World 54

DeletedUser

Is there any particular reason that I can only use the new export feature on the noble planner for my own claims, and not another player's?

I understand that the practical side would be that I don't need this because I'm not nobling them, but it's sort of silly to block other players from doing this...What about leadership who is planning ops, or players actually cooperating with each other and say, nuking their tribemate's claims in the name of teamwork?...

If this has already been answered, forgive me and point me to the answer.
Only the tribal founder and tribal aristocracy is able to export other claims as well.

chrisparty

Only the tribal founder and tribal aristocracy is able to export other claims as well.

No, you're incorrect, I have duke privileges and was not able to export another player's claims.

Any reasoning behind this Typhi, or is it just a detail somehow overlooked?

DeletedUser

No, you're incorrect, I have duke privileges and was not able to export another player's claims.
Ah sry, I tested it long time ago but it's meant to be like this, you can only export your own villages. If you select only other villages you will get the message "No noble claims of yours have been selected." But the checkboxes are still needed for mass-deleting claims.

DeletedUser

What on earth were you thinking? This is beyond terrible...its horrendous. You've completely taken the playability out of the game now.

WHY on earth would you move the Overview that we use thousands of times a day from a central location that is easily accessed all the way to the top?

WHY did the complete layout of the tool bar get changed? It certainly did not make it more user friendly?

WHY a color scheme thats impossible to read? Why huge tiles that have tiny little white letters that you cant read?

WHY is the production and incoming pages stretched out so far that you have to scroll to see them...making them useless?

WHY is there a tool bar at the bottom of the page when there is still ample room for these things on the top bar? I used to be able to view a 15x15 map on my monitor. Now due to these new tool bars at the top and bottom, I can no longer view that map size without scrolling. You have taken away viewing area on the monitor for nonsense toolbars.

horrendous....horrendous....horrendous.....horrendous.....horrendous....horrendous.....horrendous

Complete failure with this update. Too many useless and senseless changes at one time making the game unplayable to those of us that have played for years and years.

Probably most of the things that annoy me are already mentioned. Above post sure contains a good share of the flaws with the new design. I also use the overview link all the time, so don't see the point in moving it to the top, when there is still plenty space where it was already, while it had a more practical location. Also it makes no sense to stack additional menu bars vertically taking op the "playing field", when the top menubar still has plenty space left. I don't even have a wide screen monitor, which are becoming increasingly popular. Also the huge images in the reports push further down the actual battle results. Even with 1280 x 1024 resolution i need to scroll down to see scouting info, while the right half of my monitor shows empty space. Using the new graphics, I can't even see my troop losses now, without scrolling. This alone is reason enough to players deactivating the new graphics. Finally it may be a matter of taste, but I really don't find it necessary to mouseover highlight the rows in different overviews. I don't know if it is the only reason, but in general the entire game has become significantly slower at the user end.

I don't mind improving the game visually, but it should not come at the cost of playability and loading time of the pages. No matter how pretty the new report pictures are, if they make me scroll every time I view a report, it really isn't worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Something that i was wondering will the emails about attacks have a special email adress?

i.e
incattak@tw
sort of thing so i can whack in filters to divert the mail to differnt foldes in my email?

what other emails notifications can we get?

Am coming back after a few month hiatus

DeletedUser

Every feature has drawbacks lol.

One thing that is generally great is the war declaration option.

Unfortunately my tribe (#1 on our world) has now been declared on by several 126 point players who have formed their own tribes as soon as they have joined the world.
This has the effect of making it difficult to find the ingame stats etc for the multiple "real" wars.
As far as I can tell there is no possible way to ignore a declaration from a "joke" tribe.

Please consider the mosquitos when deciding on how to add filtering processes to the war sections in future.

DeletedUser

1. I know of some people who hated that. It's a matter of preference.
I know people who hated it too, but the point is that you changed it, and since it was not one of the announced "features" of 7.0, it looks like you changed it by accident or for no good reason.

On the centered quickbar thing: I had three lines of quickbar, but making them center-justified (instead of right-justified) changed how they lined up with each other.
Then I removed some old links from the bar in the middle, making it shorter than the line on the top. My whole screen got narrower, and my top bar now wraps around and takes up 2 lines.
Center-justifying the quick bars seems like yet another change made for no good reason that is only messing things up.

Oh, and for the bar at the top, and how this is now more similar to how other games are doing it (which, if that was a good reason to do things, they would have copied Tribal Wars, but whatever): how about the option to MOVE those buttons. Then everybody gets it set up the way they want, and you have actually added function, rather than just arbitrarily changing things and forcing everybody to do it the new way.

If you'd like access to my account to look at my messed-up quick bars (or anything else), that would be fine.

That'd be a shame, as surely the stuff listed above is pretty minor as these things go? No gameplay change, and that's what you play for, isn't it?
No gameplay change? You mean besides things loading slower, often not loading at all, and buttons not being where they are supposed to be? Maybe the mechanics under the hood haven't changed, but messing with the user interface most certainly DOES change how the game is played.

HeftySmurf

You throw all these numbers about like you know what your talking about but really , have you not noticed how many people are quitting , add it up maths man .

People quit for loads of reasons, doesnt mean the update caused them to quit.

I quit for several months before W54, why? i was simply bored, and then Fable 3 came out.

Now im playing W54, for how long? who knows, not got Black ops, fifa 11 or brotherhood yet :lol:

@ Everybody picking on designs, no design is perfect, please dont simply flame the Beta Staff and users for small things which are fixable, a lot of things pointed out have been noted before, and you simply cant say "the design is shit" we are constantly working to improve the design, the account manager etc.

DeletedUser

Although I have been somewhat critical of the implementation of some of the v 7.0 features, I would have to say that the notebook is a vast improvement over previous models & the mass report forwarding via mail where players have the option to accept (& thus to add those attacks to their information on the village via village info screen) is something that many of us were directly asking for.

So thanks for listening :)

logboss

These updates are getting very frustrating!!

I can see why you want the graphics to make the game more appealing to younger generations, but come on! Every time a new update hits, we have to spend hours and hours trying to find someone that has a new fix to the scripts. Not what I was wanting to do with my free time! The least you can do is maintain the basic scripts like recruitment, sort, and tagging. If you want to develope something, try adding features that don't mess with my game play. I pay to play, not to sort out broken scripts.

By the way.. your bot protection absolutly sucks!! I can send hundreds of fakes and farming runs, then it pops up 3 pages in on a fresh sit when I'm just trying to see whats going on. I don't really see the benefit other than to make every player that plays ticked off when they miss sending attacks because of 'bot protection'. Cheaters will always try to find the loop holes and exploit the system and there is only so much you can do. To me this feature is just absolute BS!

I am not opposed to upgrades. I do like most of the added features.
Just make sure that when you take a step forward.. you are not taking 2 steps backwards.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Still have loads of scripts that do not work & very few players are willing or able to fix them I myself feel it unkind to keep begging others to try to help me with no reward. Every update I end up having to bin a few scripts.

Before version 6 I started to learn how to mod / make them myself however with the complete & repeated change in the code as my full time job is nothing to do with computers I just cannot afford to put the time in to fix them myself.

If I had not spent a large chunk of money at Christmas for this fail of an AM that is still a no show for many you would be minus another paying customer.

For the first time since playing this game I feel like flooding the forum / admins with swear words verbal abuse I'm so that not happy about the way things are going / running.

DeletedUser

The loyalty of a village where it is below 100 used to be in red, now it is in yellow. Yellow against a tan background.
Hard to read is a bit of an understatement.
Who thought this was a good idea? Who approved it? Who playtested it?

HeftySmurf

These updates are getting very frustrating!!

I can see why you want the graphics to make the game more appealing to younger generations, but come on! Every time a new update hits, we have to spend hours and hours trying to find someone that has a new fix to the scripts. Not what I was wanting to do with my free time! The least you can do is maintain the basic scripts like recruitment, sort, and tagging. If you want to develope something, try adding features that don't mess with my game play. I pay to play, not to sort out broken scripts.
This has been said many times, the scripts are not managed by Tribalwars developers, and the developers really dont care much for the external scripts to be bothered to ensure if they work or not, its not a priority of our on Beta either to ensure they work.
If a player wishes to make sure the scripts work, they should play Beta and fix it for the new updates, if not, its not our problem that your scripts dont work, the code is obviously going to change on an update, everyone knows that.

By the way.. your bot protection absolutly sucks!! I can send hundreds of fakes and farming runs, then it pops up 3 pages in on a fresh sit when I'm just trying to see whats going on. I don't really see the benefit other than to make every player that plays ticked off when they miss sending attacks because of 'bot protection'. Cheaters will always try to find the loop holes and exploit the system and there is only so much you can do. To me this feature is just absolute BS!
Not really, it was well received on Beta, and bots were tested to find they did not work, so it is a useful feature, it was on Tribalwars before, we have now brought it back.

I am not opposed to upgrades. I do like most of the added features.
Just make sure that when you take a step forward.. you are not taking 2 steps backwards.

The only problem i really see is player complaining about scripts, this is not our problem, so infact we are making steps forward, the script makers are just not keeping up.

The loyalty of a village where it is below 100 used to be in red, now it is in yellow. Yellow against a tan background.
Hard to read is a bit of an understatement.
Who thought this was a good idea? Who approved it? Who playtested it?

examplefk.png

Is not hard to read at all.
  1. Who thought this was a good idea? - The Developers, follows an international known signal, red, yellow, green.
  2. Who approved it? - Developers and Beta Users, no complaints on our Beta forums.
  3. Who playtested it? - Beta players, again no complaints.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If a player wishes to make sure the scripts work, they should play Beta and fix it for the new updates, if not, its not our problem that your scripts dont work, the code is obviously going to change on an update, everyone knows that.

This is a joke I think?

The Beta world is not on .net which means we have to set up another account to buy premium to test things I did join however the speed was (unsure about now) far too fast for any chance of growth to test things out. Even if you did pay to try.

What a load of crap this is to have to pay to sort the dam game out.

How many retail companies would last more than a week if they sold goods to people & asked them to make them work? Not many !!!!

As an example FnF has started a couple of normal worlds to try her luck at growth to help sort scripts out & also has not had much joy.

HeftySmurf

This is a joke I think?

The Beta world is not on .net which means we have to set up another account to buy premium to test things I did join however the speed was (unsure about now) far too fast for any chance of growth to test things out. Even if you did pay to try.
The Innogames Portal has been designed to sort this sort of problem.

What a load of crap this is to have to pay to sort the dam game out.

How many retail companies would last more than a week if they sold goods to people & asked them to make them work? Not many !!!!

As an example FnF has started a couple of normal worlds to try her luck at growth to help sort scripts out & also has not had much joy.
You do not need to purchase premium to test, a lot of players play without it, its not a necessity.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I would need to use premium to test scripts. I would have to work hard on yet another world which I do not want to do, have enough to do due to the constant problems on the worlds I play now.

I did have a quick read of the post about the portal but as I have various user names / emails unsure how it would help.

All I know is that every time I try to do something a few weeks ago that I was able from simple things like rename reports to filling in troops I am unable.

The claim was this update would make things faster yet as posted many times it has not.
This broken record has played many times before they have claimed ever update they make speeds things up yet when a new update comes along the first post on the subject about speed is that it will solve the problems the last brought to the game.
I struggle at the best of times to open pages & now find they take even longer. This problem is now escalated due to having to open more pages due to scripts not working.

This game at present is far from fun its becoming a hard slog

File Not Found

The only problem i really see is player complaining about scripts, this is not our problem, so infact we are making steps forward, the script makers are just not keeping up.

Not so much that, but, script makers can't actually do anything until the updates are present. I realize there is the beta server, which does infact serve the purpose of giving scripters a head start on scripting things, however, and, I'm not entirely clear as to wether this is now a regular thing, or a one of before an update thing, but, for example, I started an account on beta, and whilst there is now free premium for two weeks starting on the 20th of the month (again, don't know if thats a regular thing)...
A) I didn't know anything about it before hand (For it to be effective, regular scripting contributors actually need to be made aware of it.)
B) Thats all well and good, but, a player needs to be rather advanced through the game to test alot of the scripts available, and given that, we would need to commit to beta as a full time world, in order for it to be a useful platform for testing.

I know I wasn't out of BP for more than 5 minutes (on BETA), before I came under attack. It's a BETA world, why are there people there playing seriously, it somewhat inhibits testing for many scripters. I realize that the game needs to be played properly to have been tested thoroughly, however, as we can plainly see, many of the things that were supposedly tested well in advance, clearly do not work, and others are clearly strongly not wanted by the community.

As it stands, as both a scripter, and as the script moderator, I am a volunteer. I don't actively play the game, and only need accounts in order to contribute to the community.

Many of the things brought in with the 7.0 update are not in the spirit of the game either. Who thought that the account manager (as an example), was a good idea. I stand by my opinion (and the opinion of many others), that all it is, is a bot that has been deemed legal, because inno can profit from it. That said, for the most part, and, as far as I've been told, the 7.0 features were thoroughly tested, for the most part, it doesn't work.

Not to mention the completely unnecessary change to the map, which I point out, now takes a ridiculous amount of extra code to script for.

The additional graphics go against the spirit of the game. This is meant to be a Text based browser game, and its now bogged down with unnecessary graphic, that as best I can tell, nobody requested.

Many of the old features are now broken also.

Oh, and while I'm at it, load times. I seen post after post where we are told that v7 is faster than v6.5. Where is your evidence. In all my tests, it has been nothing greater than one half of the speed it had been previously. It may be faster for the server, but it is a significant drag on the client systems. The map also seems to cause huge memory leaks in atleast two of the major browsers. Memory leaks that I've been unable to reproduce anywhere else.

examplefk.png

1. Who thought this was a good idea? - The Developers, follows an international known signal, red, yellow, green.
  2. Who approved it? - Developers and Beta Users, no complaints on our Beta forums.
  3. Who playtested it? - Beta players, again no complaints.

Personally, I find this very difficult to read.

HeftySmurf

Not so much that, but, script makers can't actually do anything until the updates are present. I realize there is the beta server, which does infact serve the purpose of giving scripters a head start on scripting things, however, and, I'm not entirely clear as to wether this is now a regular thing, or a one of before an update thing, but, for example, I started an account on beta, and whilst there is now free premium for two weeks starting on the 20th of the month (again, don't know if thats a regular thing)...
A) I didn't know anything about it before hand (For it to be effective, regular scripting contributors actually need to be made aware of it.)
B) Thats all well and good, but, a player needs to be rather advanced through the game to test alot of the scripts available, and given that, we would need to commit to beta as a full time world, in order for it to be a useful platform for testing.

Indeed, it would be better if everyone was informed, i may have words with Typhi about before each update comes onto the Beta we inform the users here as well.

I know I wasn't out of BP for more than 5 minutes (on BETA), before I came under attack. It's a BETA world, why are there people there playing seriously, it somewhat inhibits testing for many scripters. I realize that the game needs to be played properly to have been tested thoroughly, however, as we can plainly see, many of the things that were supposedly tested well in advance, clearly do not work, and others are clearly strongly not wanted by the community.

Beta 1 is currently in a very late stage, something in which it will be for a while, people playing seriously are there to win the prizes at the end of the round. If you wish to test seriously, i believe you should wait for the restart, which will most likely tie in with some future update. If not then unless you can get some kind of account already there, (also pm me i have an idea), i don't really know what more to say.

As it stands, as both a scripter, and as the script moderator, I am a volunteer. I don't actively play the game, and only need accounts in order to contribute to the community.

Many of the things brought in with the 7.0 update are not in the spirit of the game either. Who thought that the account manager (as an example), was a good idea. I stand by my opinion (and the opinion of many others), that all it is, is a bot that has been deemed legal, because inno can profit from it. That said, for the most part, and, as far as I've been told, the 7.0 features were thoroughly tested, for the most part, it doesn't work.

The Account manager is new, we are aware of the problems, and it is infact something Typhi is currently working on at the moment (i wont say too much, but its there in the developer forums), no doubt by the next update there will be considerable improvements.

Not to mention the completely unnecessary change to the map, which I point out, now takes a ridiculous amount of extra code to script for.

Unncessary? Maybe, but i prefer the new way the map is, and obviously the developers decided it was good, again sadly when they created this, they don't take into account of your scripts.

The additional graphics go against the spirit of the game. This is meant to be a Text based browser game, and its now bogged down with unnecessary graphic, that as best I can tell, nobody requested.

The day of text based browser games is over, the game is advancing with the times.

Many of the old features are now broken also.

Such as?

Oh, and while I'm at it, load times. I seen post after post where we are told that v7 is faster than v6.5. Where is your evidence. In all my tests, it has been nothing greater than one half of the speed it had been previously. It may be faster for the server, but it is a significant drag on the client systems. The map also seems to cause huge memory leaks in atleast two of the major browsers. Memory leaks that I've been unable to reproduce anywhere else.

We would be interested to see all the evidence of these tests on the Beta forums please, that way the developers will be able to see and then we can work on that problem.

Personally, I find this very difficult to read.
Might be my dodgy eyesight, again something to suggest to change on Beta, im just surprised there has not been any complaints about it already.

I would need to use premium to test scripts. I would have to work hard on yet another world which I do not want to do, have enough to do due to the constant problems on the worlds I play now.

I did have a quick read of the post about the portal but as I have various user names / emails unsure how it would help.
I believe the idea of the portal upon full release is that you may be able to import your current accounts on the database (though i may be wrong, that just seems a good idea in my head)

All I know is that every time I try to do something a few weeks ago that I was able from simple things like rename reports to filling in troops I am unable.
Again, the developers do not update with this in mind, if you can still replicate it by hand, then it does not bother them.

The claim was this update would make things faster yet as posted many times it has not.
This broken record has played many times before they have claimed ever update they make speeds things up yet when a new update comes along the first post on the subject about speed is that it will solve the problems the last brought to the game.
I struggle at the best of times to open pages & now find they take even longer. This problem is now escalated due to having to open more pages due to scripts not working.

This game at present is far from fun its becoming a hard slog

Again, all evidence of this would be more useful if presented on the beta forums. I have never seen this myself and im playing W54 myself for the reason to watch how 7.0 played out.

DeletedUser

examplefk.png

You really don't have a problem there?
For me, there isn't enough contrast between the number and the background. I can't make out the number unless I stare directly at it, and even then it looks kinda "fuzzy".
Using a 19" widescreen HDTV as my display, 1440x900 resolution, and no I didn't have this problem with the red one, so it isn't my display it is the lack of contrast between the text and the background.
Who thought this was a good idea? - The Developers, follows an international known signal, red, yellow, green.
Which international standard was developed because those colors contrast with each other well. Which is why red and green look so good against a tan (yellow) background.
Who approved it? - Developers and Beta Users, no complaints on our Beta forums.
Who playtested it? - Beta players, again no complaints.
[/QUOTE]
Then my question becomes how are you selecting those Beta players, because you've obviously not got a representative sample there.

As I recall, people have complained before about the dark brown text not being clear enough on the tan background, when things that had previously been in black were made brown.

DeletedUser

You do not need to purchase premium to test, a lot of players play without it, its not a necessity.
You do need Premium to test (rewritten) scripts, though. So is Premium free on the Beta world? And if not, why did you say this?