In spectacularly bad taste

DeletedUser

If this was a random nobody nobling the villages this thread would have not been made

Yes it would have trust me. The fact it is Cypherrr doing it, is unremorseful and is ranting wildly in defence of himself again should come as no shock to anyone who has been up to date with these forums for the last two years

DeletedUser

As I see it, its a war game. Its a shame and very unfortunate that a player has sadly passed away but that does not mean that a player who has been nobling her for a long time suddenly has to stop. Nor can he stop the trains that were already on going.

DeletedUser

Lol @ glyn u really are a petty sob.

I have been fighting dh for bloody ages since they betrayed the nap i had with them, i only heard about what happend when i read the forums, i had known she had been ill from cadrn or someone a few months ago but she and crazyman started there war with me not the other way round and its been going on for a long long time.

Fact is your using her as a tool in your petty verbal fight against me, you are the one who is a slime for doing such a thing.

But nooooo the slime has deus tags so what he say's the rest will follow and slag cypherrr

I despise Deus. I have no affiliations with anyone in this world. And even I say you're a disrespectful person for that. It's not mob mentality; it's fact.

The Great 1One1

I probably would have left the villages alone myself out of respect, but I don't see the need of creating a new thread for those that choose differently. We all love to bash cypherrr, but I think this one is more hunting than anything.

DeletedUser

[..]
My opinion of you before this is well known. At no point (unless you want to post the relevant quote) have I encouraged anyone else to do anything against you.
[..]
And your lack of apology sums you up to me. All you had to say was "I was not aware of this and will now stop" and we could have all moved on, but no, you unleash a "Glynjack, how dare you question me" tirade again
I echo these sentiments. Added to that, I find it crude to accuse someone of using a dead woman's name to discredit. Is anyone in this game really so pathetic as to use deaths for PnP? I do not think so. It's a bit... dubious, to suggest that Glynjack sinks to this level. It's like assuming the absolute worst in a person -- bad form, in my opinion. In this case, bad form follows bad form in a seemingly endless Cypherrr cycle. Why feel threatened by this, instead of explaining a mistake?

To be fair the guy has been hitting DH for months. I believe the clearing waves were sent before this post was published, so the only option now is to stop nobling the villages. But what does this achieve for Cypherrr? No one is going to change there opinion on him. Out of respect? No one shows respect for cypherrr.[..]
Cypherrr hasn't done anything wrong. I wouldn't be nobling the villages out of respect, but then what does respect mean on the Internet.

Rest In Peace Future Girl
I believe you are much more likely to earn respect if respect is given first. In a vicious cycle (I don't get your respect, why should I respect you?) being the bigger man actually gets you the respect (apart from it being common decency). Furthermore, in a game like tribalwars, respect (read: reputation and actions) mean everything. Had KG and smurf been kind, lovable chaps, MANIC might well have won the world. Had Cypherrr stayed away from controversy and swallowed his pride once in a while, this action (not knowing of FG's unfortunate death) would have been glossed over as a mistake (possibly despite his rant, hard to say).

I probably would have left the villages alone myself out of respect, but I don't see the need of creating a new thread for those that choose differently. We all love to bash cypherrr, but I think this one is more hunting than anything.
If it had been Joe Plumber, reactions would have been similar, although less heated after his reply. Here, the thread made cypherrr aware of FG's death, so in that sense is useful. It also gets the message across that some things are just in very bad taste, and gets you a bad reputation which may or may not have ingame repercussions. A new thread for every single 'trespasser'? No, but one thread to capture them all: definitely.

The Great 1One1

If it had been Joe Plumber, reactions would have been similar, although less heated after his reply.

Who are you referring to here? Glyn, cypherrr or FG?

Here, the thread made cypherrr aware of FG's death, so in that sense is useful. It also gets the message across that some things are just in very bad taste, and gets you a bad reputation which may or may not have ingame repercussions. A new thread for every single 'trespasser'? No, but one thread to capture them all: definitely.

Possibly, but unfortunately I do not agree with the ethics of this thread. I get/got on with Glyn, but when has that ever stopped me from criticising in the past?

I can't say for sure, but I seriously doubt Glyn had much/any contact with FG. Therefore I doubt this thread was at all made in respect to her memory. The way I see it, Glyn noticed Cypherrr nobling FG and decided to use it to make another cypherrr-hating thread. I have no doubt in my mind that Glyn used FG's death as an excuse for making this thread to turn people more against Cypherrr.

That, in my opinion, is distasteful.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Joe Plumber is a random guy, ie 'would have been the same if it hadn't been cypherrr', 'his reply' refers to cypherr's reply.

Why can respect only be given to people you have/had contact with? I've never met, seen or talked to FG, doesn't mean I'm gonna attack her dead account. In FG's thread, loads of people replied, even if they didn't know her. They haven't had any contact with her, so does that mean they can't respect her memory/make condoleances/etc?

Added to that, I find it crude to accuse someone of using a dead woman's name to discredit. Is anyone in this game really so pathetic as to use deaths for PnP? I do not think so. It's a bit... dubious, to suggest that Glynjack sinks to this level.
To expand on this: If his purpose was to turn more people against cypherrr, why would he post a separate topic in the internal TW forums, referencing this thread? I'm pretty damn sure he doesn't need to 'turn people against Cypherrr' within Deus. What would the purpose be of such a thread? Is it so hard to believe someone is genuinely appalled by (what seemed to be) respectless, relentless greed/opportunism?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Great 1One1

Why can respect only be given to people you have/had contact with? I've never met, seen or talked to FG, doesn't mean I'm gonna attack her dead account. In FG's thread, loads of people replied, even if they didn't know her. They haven't had any contact with her, so does that mean they can't respect her memory/make condoleances/etc?

I agree that respect can be shown despite not knowing someone personally. I hardly spoke to her, myself, yet I posted in the thread which was actually created in respect to her memory (unlike half the people who have posted here).

To expand on this: If his purpose was to turn more people against cypherrr, why would he post a separate topic in the internal TW forums, referencing this thread? I'm pretty damn sure he doesn't need to 'turn people against Cypherrr' within Deus. What would the purpose be of such a thread?

"Turn people against Cypherrr" or "Keep people motivated to dislike Cypherrr". Take your pick. People do it often enough in public/internal forums. I don't believe the fact that he also posted it in your forums changes much really.

Is it so hard to believe someone is genuinely appalled by (what seemed to be) respectless, relentless greed/opportunism?

I'm not saying he wasn't appalled. If it was Joe Bloggs nobling FG (let's assume that we know Joe has read the thread), what would the appropriate action be? To start a thread about how Joe Bloggs is distasteful? Wouldn't it have been more effective if he sent a private mail saying to leave the villages alone out of respect?

My opinion is that if logos1 or someone nobled FG, Glyn would not have made a thread about it. He made a thread because it's Cypherrr.

When Glyn looked up TW Stats, did his heart sink when he saw FG losing villages after her death? Did he feel upset that there were people in this world who would disrespect her memory in such fashion? Did he make a thread with his thoughts saying, "I will do this for her!"? No, he saw Cypherrr's name in the attackers column and decided to let everyone know about it.

This thread was created, apparently, to highlight a lack of respect for FG's memory. However, in about 30 posts of this thread, how many have actually reference FG as opposed to her villages? This clearly suggests to me that this thread is about pixels, not FG's memory. FG's memory is only being used to create anger/etc against someone.

Just a note that I did not intentionally come on here to flame Glyn, I just used his own "distaste" comments and deflected it off cypherr onto him to put things into perspective.

DeletedUser

If Joe Bloggs was a small player, a better action would be to nuke him personally. In Cypherrr's case, nuking him would not have made a big impression, nor (presumably) would a mail. What then would make a big enough impression to Cypherrr that'd set his warning bells (I'm doing something wrong) ringing? A thread. A thread in which multiple people would denounce. As said, GJ despises Cypherrr and probably vice versa. How do you reckon a PM from GJ would be received by Cypherrr? Sincerity? Apologies? ...spite? This thread does what other options would not, and did it fastest. I don't know logos1. If he's a very big player, a PM would not matter much to him either.

As for the 30 posts in this thread: You're partially right. But a good chunk of that is because of Cypherr's rant (as opposed to apology). How do you think the thread would have looked if Cypherrr would not have posted but for an apology?

GJ does not want to manipulate people against cypherrr (not his style, and believe it or not, behind the bastard's face lurks a heart), GJ does not need to manipulate against cypherr. There is no motive. You and cypherrr saying that he used FG to manipulate PnP is more of a stretch than, for example, me saying that you and Cypherrr are just saying this because of personal dislike.

That, and as you kindly pointed out, we are veering off-topic. Please regard my first reply as my only on-topic reply.

DeletedUser

To put your mind at rest Chris, I would have created this thread whoever had been taking FG's vills.

TBH, it was not FG's account I was looking at in twstats, but Cypherrrs so that I could see where I needed to head now that this world is all bar done to tie up the loose ends. It was at this point I noticed Cyph's nobling and, after my immediate repulsion decided to check if this was an isolated incident or if anyone else was capitalising on this news

Suffice to say I was not surprised to see that nobody else was taking FG's vills

And I will echo others (particularly Rukohs) sentiments. We are all here to play a game - some care about their reputations, others don't ; some care about the players in the game, others prefer to see it as a screen and faceless

BUT, everyone who plays an MMO game cannot expect to be able to act in a vacuum where there is no cause and effect. I don't like Cypherr, he doesnt like me but I know I was not the only one who was going to post a similar thread, just so happens I got there first

STAFAST

Well spoken sypherr, I agree with you on this. You have been attacking DH for a long time. I think all here know this as well. I may not like everything you do, but on this I think your right.

It is sad the future girl passed away. I had a member die in my old tribe early in W24.

Saying that, her villages are open.

All is fair in Love and War.

She fought well, and her villages should go to players that deserve them, and fight on; I think she may have actually liked that, she played right up to the end, so her thoughts are with W24 as well.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on this.

DeletedUser80988

When you read the whole thing ( I can't believe i did) you kind of have to agree with both sides.

But if any well loved player like future girl ( I never knew her, i can tell she was loved though) were to die from cancer, their tribe and allies would not sit quietly while an enemy gobbled up her villages.

So agree with Cypherr all you want, folks. but the best way to show your condolences to the fallen in a silly war game is to avenge her passing.

DeletedUser

When you read the whole thing ( I can't believe i did) you kind of have to agree with both sides.

But if any well loved player like future girl ( I never knew her, i can tell she was loved though) were to die from cancer, their tribe and allies would not sit quietly while an enemy gobbled up her villages.

So agree with Cypherr all you want, folks. but the best way to show your condolences to the fallen in a silly war game is to avenge her passing.

so when are we gonna declare war on cancer.

DeletedUser62661

I'm deeply offended that cypherrr took my lords name in vain by saying Jesus Christ in a post. Now I did it. I'm going to have to say a few hail mary's or something to atone for my transgression.

DeletedUser

Well spoken sypherr, I agree with you on this. You have been attacking DH for a long time. I think all here know this as well. I may not like everything you do, but on this I think your right.

It is sad the future girl passed away. I had a member die in my old tribe early in W24.

Saying that, her villages are open.

All is fair in Love and War.

She fought well, and her villages should go to players that deserve them, and fight on; I think she may have actually liked that, she played right up to the end, so her thoughts are with W24 as well.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on this.

This post would of been fine if she actually quit the game. But she actually died.

Its a moral thing, and people, including myself, are saying cypherrr wasn't very moral.

Although, I understand the point you're coming across.

DeletedUser

Cypherr's days are numbered, Also incoming comic soon :p

Was a long six month pnp break :p

DeletedUser

@Sypherr

you come on here and rant and whine, so here are the facts. We are coming for you, we will rim you, there is NO place for you to hide. Hit delete now or face 1000's of nukes/nobles.....you ran once this time there will be nowhere to run.

Sincerely,
High Class
:axemen::axemen::axemen::snob::snob:

god this has been stated sine the manic days start nobling dont just say its gonna happen everyone has tried and failed and he didnt even play last time

=RedFox=

god this has been stated sine the manic days start nobling dont just say its gonna happen everyone has tried and failed and he didnt even play last time
tried and failed!!! . Just to remind you, Cypherrr didn't originally start out there on the rim. Thats where he started nobling after he was completely cleared out of the core.

Last edited by a moderator: