A Public Apology to GIMP

DeletedUser

So, I never intended to brand GIMP as racists.
That thread title was supposed to be ironic (due to your dismissal of someone due to racist comments).
I know you guys aren't racist, my point apparently didn't hit the mark.
I have nothing against you guys, I was just drunk and taking exception to your dismissal of TGO.
Why invite someone to the tribe, knowing what they are like, and then dismiss them for being themselves?
But that is beside the point, I never intended to brand you all as racist, and I apologise to those that took personal offense.
I'm not trying to reconcile lost friendships, I just want you all to know that my rant was more about people reporting members of their own tribe, rather than anything that was actually said.
Anyway, I'm not trying to re-spark the racism debate, I just wanted to apologise for any misinterpretation that occurred.
I'm sorry. GIMP is not a racist tribe, and I am sorry if anyone was led to believe this from my previous posts.

DeletedUser

So, I never intended to brand GIMP as racists.
That thread title was supposed to be ironic (due to your dismissal of someone due to racist comments).
I know you guys aren't racist, my point apparently didn't hit the mark.
I have nothing against you guys, I was just drunk and taking exception to your dismissal of TGO.
Why invite someone to the tribe, knowing what they are like, and then dismiss them for being themselves?
But that is beside the point, I never intended to brand you all as racist, and I apologise to those that took personal offense.
I'm not trying to reconcile lost friendships, I just want you all to know that my rant was more about people reporting members of their own tribe, rather than anything that was actually said.
Anyway, I'm not trying to re-spark the racism debate, I just wanted to apologise for any misinterpretation that occurred.
I'm sorry. GIMP is not a racist tribe, and I am sorry if anyone was led to believe this from my previous posts.

+1

I'm glad to see that you made an apology here, even if it was mostly misinterpreatation over a badly chosen title. It's not always easy to own up to your mistakes, and it's good to see that you have. Hope to see you around in the future of the world, Knight Saber. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

This could have gone in PnP, but still, it was good of you to apologise.

Like I said in the other thread, in this situation there was no "right side" or "wrong side". It would be best for both parties to cut their losses, agree to disagree and move on.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your (eventual) apology, which could have done a lot more good if it had been 24 hours after the initial post and had been in PnP

I'm glad you are not expecting it to mend bridges because, as far as you are concerned, the damage was irrepairable.

I have sympathy for yours and TGO's "cause", but you chose the wrong place and the wrong method of making your point and dragged people who are only here to play a silly little game into a quagmire of absolute nonsense. People told me to ignore it, but thats not in me when I feel I am being wronged for no good reason. Slam me all you want for my game play, my PnP presence etc. but start throwing accusations around like that and I and others will respond. I even went as far as asking moderators if it was OK to call you a paedophile as a baseless argument in response to your baseless arguments, and that I am extremely ashamed to say is how angry this episode made me

I have stopped being friends with people in RL for stuff they have done when drunk, as I do not see the difference or as a valid excuse for being an ass. I have said one of the reasons I don't drink is because I am a big enough knobend before adding alcohol, a philosophy I wish a few more people would take.

So lets agree to draw a line under this and let us play our game, whilst you and TGO take your crusade to where it is allowed

DeletedUser

Don't take everything so personally Glynjack.
If you are going to be an emo little bish about things, then yours is a friendship I don't need.
I'm not, and was never on any 'crusade', it's called getting drunk and trolling your tribe. :lol:
"Oh, no! That drunk person is doing something stupid!"
Like I care.
If you actually had any understanding of what went on here, I might be more sympathetic towards you personally. But you don't, so I'm not.

DeletedUser

Nice to see your apology about causing personal offence was heartfelt

DeletedUser

It was to everyone but you. You stooped to far lower level than I did over all this, but I'm not going to go there.
/blocks posts from Glyn as vengeance for facebook de-friending

DeletedUser

Thank you for your (eventual) apology, which could have done a lot more good if it had been 24 hours after the initial post and had been in PnP

I'm glad you are not expecting it to mend bridges because, as far as you are concerned, the damage was irrepairable.

I have sympathy for yours and TGO's "cause", but you chose the wrong place and the wrong method of making your point and dragged people who are only here to play a silly little game into a quagmire of absolute nonsense. People told me to ignore it, but thats not in me when I feel I am being wronged for no good reason. Slam me all you want for my game play, my PnP presence etc. but start throwing accusations around like that and I and others will respond. I even went as far as asking moderators if it was OK to call you a paedophile as a baseless argument in response to your baseless arguments, and that I am extremely ashamed to say is how angry this episode made me

I have stopped being friends with people in RL for stuff they have done when drunk, as I do not see the difference or as a valid excuse for being an ass. I have said one of the reasons I don't drink is because I am a big enough knobend before adding alcohol, a philosophy I wish a few more people would take.

So lets agree to draw a line under this and let us play our game, whilst you and TGO take your crusade to where it is allowed

When someone apologizes, you don't reply with lectures - preaching as if you are looking down at them with your sword unsheathed...just saying...it's not all about you :icon_rolleyes:

He came here to apologize, not be hazed by the likes of you...

DeletedUser

When someone apologizes, you don't reply with lectures - preaching as if you are looking down at them with your sword unsheathed...just saying...it's not all about you :icon_rolleyes:

I'm sorry, what's your IGN in GIMP?

He came here to make a public apology to the members of GIMP, and as a representative of GIMP I'm here to tell him to shove his apology (which as it turns out, wasn't an apology at all) where the sun don't shine

When he makes unfounded, drunken remarks about your tribe and then "apologises" feel free to reply on that thread

DeletedUser

As a representative of GIMP, you represent no one but yourself.
I'm still talking to people from GIMP, and many of them understand my side of it, and don't have a problem with me.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, what's your IGN in GIMP?

He came here to make a public apology to the members of GIMP, and as a representative of GIMP I'm here to tell him to shove his apology (which as it turns out, wasn't an apology at all) where the sun don't shine

When he makes unfounded, drunken remarks about your tribe and then "apologises" feel free to reply on that thread

I don't have to be in GIMP, plus this is a public apology and I was just commenting on your rude reply...

This is how I see it.

1. He apologizes publicly

2. You reply with rude remarks, basically enticing him to have to reply to you
[spoil]

[/spoil]
3. He obviously replys to your arrogance towards his apology
[spoil]
Don't take everything so personally Glynjack.
If you are going to be an emo little bish about things, then yours is a friendship I don't need.
I'm not, and was never on any 'crusade', it's called getting drunk and trolling your tribe. :lol:
"Oh, no! That drunk person is doing something stupid!"
Like I care.
If you actually had any understanding of what went on here, I might be more sympathetic towards you personally. But you don't, so I'm not.
[/spoil]
4. You then go and say his apology must not have been "heartfelt" since he came back at you in response to your high and mighty lecture.
[spoil]
Nice to see your apology about causing personal offence was heartfelt
[/spoil]

You came in here with the notion to stir up a negative response from him by spewing a paragraph full of ranting and then you throw out the old "you must not have meant it" line lol Pathetic

DeletedUser

Something to know this is just a game, learn the difference cause it seems to me that someone is take it a little farther than a game.

DeletedUser

Hows about we all just

Pon_And_Zi_Hug_by_Inayat_x.jpg

and make up, hmm?

DeletedUser

@ Saber - about time, it's good to see someone come clean for once about a mistake... or in this case a drunken and overly stupid rant 'n' rave.

@ Glynjack - don't bring RL in to the equasion, RL never had a part in this because it was all said over Skype and probably in furious IGM's. Racism isn't much liked and nore is egotism or arrogance. You showed both in your post claiming to be a "reprisentive" of GIMP when you clearly stated your own bloody personal feelings. To me that isn't being a "reprisentive" of the entire of GIMP but of your own free will.

If you wanted to be a "reprisentive" of GIMP, you'd have gotten more on to your side about it. As far as I am concerned my respect lays with Saber on this, he had the guts to publically aplogize (would have prefered to have seen it in the PnP thread) but hey. At least he has done it, unlike most I've dang well see in my three years playing this game.

/ends rant

Once again Saber, good to see it finally happen. Good luck with the rest of your time in W56 if you decide to stay in it after this, otherwise I hope to see you in another world ;)

DeletedUser

@ Glynjack - don't bring RL in to the equasion, RL never had a part in this because it was all said over Skype and probably in furious IGM's. Racism isn't much liked and nore is egotism or arrogance. You showed both in your post claiming to be a "reprisentive" of GIMP when you clearly stated your own bloody personal feelings. To me that isn't being a "reprisentive" of the entire of GIMP but of your own free will.

Feel free to make any other stuff up you want as you clearly have no idea what went down. FYI this started with racist posts (albeit in jest) being posted in our forums, not IGM and not Skype. We kicked the person, then saber posts his OP that has now been closed.....

I was asked by GIMP to represent the tribe on the forum as I was the one that was closest to Saber and, to be frank, nobody else wants to speak to him after what he did

All the time lines here are lovely, but they miss out the important part of what happened before the apology, which goes some way to answering why #2 in Jubei's list

My response was a direct response to a drunken tirade and all at GIMP say apology not accepted

DeletedUser

You do realize this is just a game right? you or anyone else shouldn't take things so personal, racist or not. Some people talk a lot out of their asses on this game you just got to learn to live and forget cause most of the things said mean nothing.

DeletedUser

Who says glyn has to accept the apology?

Sometimes apologies don't cut the mustard.

DeletedUser

Who says glyn has to accept the apology?

Sometimes apologies don't cut the mustard.

Where in my post did I say that he HAD to accept the apology? I was pointing out his ego filled lecture that he gave to someone apologizing on the forums...I also pointed out his obvious scheme to make it look like the apology was not "heartfelt".

DeletedUser

It's getting old that almost every thread just goes up in flames....