Suppression

DeletedUser

Over the last few days I have watched events unfold and I appreciate that talking about these events are taboo on the forums and I will not comment on these.

I would though like to talk in general about censorship because in the course of these events I have seen the suppression of peoples opinions and concerns, some of which which may be considered objectionable, harmful or sensitive, by the powers that be and on that basis I in part agree with some form of censorship, but I also have seen some bias being displayed in what's considered as acceptable.

TW have rules that we sign up for when playing the game, but these rules recently have been interpreted differently by some people with more powers than others. This interpretation is only serving to make others question the censors impartiality.

It is not just on wld 13, I have seen it on other worlds, where the goalposts seem to shift dependant on who is posting. Freedom of speech is a privilege that people lost their lives to ensure, and sadly it seems that it is not acknowledged by some on here.

If people have concerns then they should be allowed to voice them, without fear or favour, the more you are stopped the more you want answers. I personally feel that if I am spending time and money on a game, I should have the right to be able to play the game as it should be played and the powers that be should be transparent in all their actions in order that everyone is treat with the same fairness as others.

My perception at this moment in time is that there is a hidden agenda and that some people are protected more than others, its a bit like the secret society of Freemasons we have here in England.

I maybe shot down in flames or receive an infraction for saying the above, but as a person who believes in everyone's right to have an opinion. As a human being who respects the right of freedom of speech under a right that is preserved under the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and lastly a member who spends time and money on this game I am exercising my right to have my say

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well Said , totally agree 100% , it seems that any thread that will make a certain tribe look bad is locked or deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45372

Players are also forbidden to provoke the moderators. Posts made for the purpose of creating a personal conflict between users and staff will be deleted and their author will be punished severely.

Players who deliberately act against the building of a community will be denied access to these forums.

Direct from the forum rules.

Players are MORE than welcome to talk bad about INSO, but you cannot post that we are all cheaters and go around posting information that isn't valid to do anything with.

Just like INSO can't post that N.E.B. is cheating or any other tribe. Yes, we've poked at it a few times with a few players, some joking, others not. But that didn't make it right.

DeletedUser

I have neither provoked or made a post that causes conflict between user and staff, I have expressed an opinion as is my right to do so. The post above is a generalist post.

It is constantly being said that things should be done via pm or external means and not by the forums, yet surely things will never be resolved this way, logic would dictate that those that are not in the know, will by definition become more uneasy and concerned.

If posting opinions and questions is in breach of rules, isn't that tantamount to a dictatorship? If people are constantly being threatened with infractions and bans then what's the point in having a public forum.

No one should be above question irrelevant of what position they hold or do not hold, if a person feels slighted by an action and a comment they should have the right to an explanation, without having rules and regulations placed down as a barrier.

To use the quote you have placed on the forums in response to some post

Players who deliberately act against the building of a community will be denied access to these forums.

Denying the common people the chance to have a say is going against that very rule, because communities need trust and and freedom to grow, oppression as we have seen throughout time stifles communities.

DeletedUser45372

posting opinions is not a breach of the rules, but making posts that are trolling ARE. Making posts that are "calling out" staff members, are against the rules. You can question mods or myself (as a staff member) in pm's, you cannot question mods or myself (as a staff member) on the forums. You can question me as a player on the forums, you can question penguin as a player on the forums... You can question our game play, you can question our ability ingame. You cannot question how he does his job.

I can't go into specifics, but I can tell you that INSO members get infracted just like everyone else on the forums. There is no bias.

It's about time you guys get off your soapboxes and PLAY THE GAME... INSO is running over you.

DeletedUser

Again you are missing the point, I have not called out a member of staff nor have I questioned how they do their job. I was questioning how the rules are interpreted, I was requesting clarification. If were meant to abide by rules then these rules should be clear and not used as a threat to silence a person.

You state I was trolling well

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous , or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
My post was not inflammatory nor extraneous or off topic, it was an opinion therefore non inflammatory, it was belonging to the current situation, therefore not extraneous and on topic regarding the current events.

I appreciate that people have emotions that's human nature and something I cannot be held responsible for, and I personally believe that the topic was not a normal topic.

But if I'm going to be hung for something then I may as well be hung for a sheep than a lamb by saying some of the posts made by yourself for example in the blog section could be tantamount to trolling.

I would love to get of my soapbox but unfortunately as there appears to be a distinct lack of proper clarification to the points I have raised apart from the proverbial threat that I could be banned I am unable to at present.

DeletedUser45372

Again you are missing the point, I have not called out a member of staff nor have I questioned how they do their job. I was questioning how the rules are interpreted, I was requesting clarification. If were meant to abide by rules then these rules should be clear and not used as a threat to silence a person.

You state I was trolling well

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous , or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
My post was not inflammatory nor extraneous or off topic, it was an opinion therefore non inflammatory, it was belonging to the current situation, therefore not extraneous and on topic regarding the current events.

I appreciate that people have emotions that's human nature and something I cannot be held responsible for, and I personally believe that the topic was not a normal topic.

But if I'm going to be hung for something then I may as well be hung for a sheep than a lamb by saying some of the posts made by yourself for example in the blog section could be tantamount to trolling.

I would love to get of my soapbox but unfortunately as there appears to be a distinct lack of proper clarification to the points I have raised apart from the proverbial threat that I could be banned I am unable to at present.

I didn't say YOUR post was trolling, I stated what is and is not allowed/welcomed on the forums.

The blog can be seen as trolling? That's a first.

Good luck on your endeavors.

DeletedUser

Didn't say the blog I said some of YOUR posts in the section were :)

DeletedUser45372

Didn't say the blog I said some of YOUR posts in the section were :)

Care to post a link to the "section" you're talking about?

Do you mean the "welcome your new blogger" thread?

*edit* I just went through the entire blog thread, and didn't see a single post that could be considered trolling.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

With pleasure :) this could and was taken as inflammatory to some..,

Thanks for the interest!

Blogs need to be as unbiased as possible, so I left it as "claims"

maybe i'll talk with shadryk about the next blog, all about shrek

This could be seen has now whats the phrase...

deliberately act against the building of a community

do you not agree, you see its how the common man interprets the written word what could be seen as fun, leg pulling could be seen as antagonising and hurtful to others.This is why I requested clarification ( which I have yet to get)to try stave off the backlashes and the threats that have been banded about.

DeletedUser45372

as in "I can interview shad about shrek"

how is that acting against the building of a community?

You are really grasping here.

DeletedUser

Seeing as you have had a war of words with shrek recently (hence the censorship) it can in noway be seen as making bridges, cementing a community, when as the posts prior to mine have in fact shown a divided community.

You say I'm grasping here, well your opinion to which you are entitled to have, but mine is that you are avoiding direct questions and reaffirming what a few believe that all is not as transparent as it should be.

DeletedUser

It seems to me from reading stuff over the past few days that everytime we have an OPINION if you don't like it noely then you inform us we are breaking the rules. as meridius has said things can be taken in different ways and when I saw that in your blog about shrek aka bb90 i took it more as a threat than anything else and lets face it why would you need to talk to shad about it as you are council and seem to have started the whole thing on the forum in the first place...but yet again I STRESS THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION,I am not trolling or trying to be offensive

DeletedUser45372

I have to separate the blog from my playing. As a blogger, I won't post things from INSO that I have access to unless someone else gives me the information. I try to keep it in check and with doing it by interviewing players, it leaves the "Noely is biased" view out of it. Sherlls, you were on the receiving end of cheating accusations multiple times, infact, so much so that you flipped out on me for a single post I made.

I've stated that players are more than welcome to have opinions and express them, according to the rules. You also make it seem like I don't get infractions or I just snap my fingers to have threads closed... I am not immune to the system and I have no special mod powers here.

DeletedUser

I have to separate the blog from my playing. As a blogger, I won't post things from INSO that I have access to unless someone else gives me the information. I try to keep it in check and with doing it by interviewing players, it leaves the "Noely is biased" view out of it. Sherlls, you were on the receiving end of cheating accusations multiple times, infact, so much so that you flipped out on me for a single post I made.

I've stated that players are more than welcome to have opinions and express them, according to the rules. You also make it seem like I don't get infractions or I just snap my fingers to have threads closed... I am not immune to the system and I have no special mod powers here.

That wasn't my intention to imply anything,I wasn't trying to say you had cheated or anything like that all I was trying to say was rather than answering some questions you keep quoting rules at us...I feel like I am back in school again and that ship sailed a long long time ago :D Yes I did get upset that night about what you said but I also apologised to you over it but there again that is what I am talking about....you meant it as fun while I took it as you were accussing me of cheating,does that not prove what I am trying to say??

DeletedUser

We know that you are a member of the head blog staff so with all due respect, why are you answering in the guise of a mod?

Everyone is fallible and you are no exception, so perhaps if those with the power to edit/delete posts step back and realise that sometimes how its written may not be how its meant it could save a lot of problems.

DeletedUser

Direct from the forum rules.

Players are MORE than welcome to talk bad about INSO, but you cannot post that we are all cheaters and go around posting information that isn't valid to do anything with.

Just like INSO can't post that N.E.B. is cheating or any other tribe. Yes, we've poked at it a few times with a few players, some joking, others not. But that didn't make it right.

so your saying that since your "staff" we can't provoke you? according to the first part..we cant provoke teh "moderators"..your not one. as for conflict with the staff..any that has happened with you...you brought on yourself with your own actions.

DeletedUser

Care to post a link to the "section" you're talking about?

Do you mean the "welcome your new blogger" thread?

*edit* I just went through the entire blog thread, and didn't see a single post that could be considered trolling.

just a lot that are very biased towards inso...i am pretty sure the blog rules state that the blogger can not show bias to any tribe or persons on the world they blog for....i find that your blogs are biased in favor of inso...so who should i mkae a complaint regarding that to?

DeletedUser82316

I agree with the original post here. I may be crossing the line on the rule here, but I do feel that some transparency is needed for people to have faith and confidence that the playing field is level. I know that I have seen no action at times where "my" interpretation would be a broken rule. I would like to see mods and game staff give some clarification when tickets are turned in according to the process. When the general community is questioning something, it would seem appropriate for the staff to at least make some general comment about it to avoid the appearance of impropriety. When even the people who have followed the process get nothing in response, it causes concern. Everything may be completely above board, and probably is, but the cone of silence always raises doubts.

As for trolling, if the definition includes posting an inflammatory remark intended to illicit an emotional response, well we have all been guilty of that at some point.

DeletedUser45372

That wasn't my intention to imply anything,I wasn't trying to say you had cheated or anything like that all I was trying to say was rather than answering some questions you keep quoting rules at us...I feel like I am back in school again and that ship sailed a long long time ago :D Yes I did get upset that night about what you said but I also apologised to you over it but there again that is what I am talking about....you meant it as fun while I took it as you were accussing me of cheating,does that not prove what I am trying to say??

Some of the questions simply don't deserve answers from me. I may have been joking with you with that post, but I know that players have sent in support tickets about you and others. You weren't banned so I assume you've done nothing wrong.

We know that you are a member of the head blog staff so with all due respect, why are you answering in the guise of a mod?

Everyone is fallible and you are no exception, so perhaps if those with the power to edit/delete posts step back and realise that sometimes how its written may not be how its meant it could save a lot of problems.

No guise of a mod here, I stated staff (not mod) as the rules state staff. I am a staff member of InnoGames. On the internet, you can't interpret body language or tone of voice... write what you mean and all will be fine.

so your saying that since your "staff" we can't provoke you? according to the first part..we cant provoke teh "moderators"..your not one. as for conflict with the staff..any that has happened with you...you brought on yourself with your own actions.

I didn't make posts with factually inaccurate information, I didn't make posts claiming a list of cheaters, you did, and that is against forum rules.

just a lot that are very biased towards inso...i am pretty sure the blog rules state that the blogger can not show bias to any tribe or persons on the world they blog for....i find that your blogs are biased in favor of inso...so who should i mkae a complaint regarding that to?

You can send your complaints about my "bias" to Jehosophat She is the head of the blog staff and will be happy to look into any concerns you, or others, may have about the World 13 Blog.

I agree with the original post here. I may be crossing the line on the rule here, but I do feel that some transparency is needed for people to have faith and confidence that the playing field is level. I know that I have seen no action at times where "my" interpretation would be a broken rule. I would like to see mods and game staff give some clarification when tickets are turned in according to the process. When the general community is questioning something, it would seem appropriate for the staff to at least make some general comment about it to avoid the appearance of impropriety. When even the people who have followed the process get nothing in response, it causes concern. Everything may be completely above board, and probably is, but the cone of silence always raises doubts.

As for trolling, if the definition includes posting an inflammatory remark intended to illicit an emotional response, well we have all been guilty of that at some point.

As a member, I would love to have transparency. Since I am not just a member though, I have to side with the existing setup we have in place.
I agree that silence raises doubts. There is a suggestion forum, I suggest you make a post there asking for a change in the system.

with the trolling, yes and no. I'm sure we are all guilty of it at one point in time, but with the players who did not get banned/infracted, the post that people may have viewed as trolling may have been completely in the realm of the rules (by keeping the taunting GAME related)

With that, I am done explaining to you guys. You all know the rules by now, you all know who to contact if there is an issue. Have a good day.