Harb's Showroom

nindel

It's impressive to see how you've improved with leaps and bounds =D

DeletedUser

It's impressive to see how you've improved with leaps and bounds =D

Thanks :) I've been looking at a few tutorials recently and may try including some of those techniques in my pieces to broaden my style a bit.

Edit: Another one:
lightsss.png

2nd Edit: Some non-spoiler practice:
version1e.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Try a defaults sig :)

I don't remember what the defaults were (and I'm not un-installing everything :icon_razz:) but I'll give it a shot with what I think were the defaults, may not be 100% right though but will just use basic brushes/pen-tooling/etc. It's going to suck though :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Warning! Fail defaults attempt is fail, proceed at your discretion:

[SPOIL]
harbdef.png
[/SPOIL]

Just used the basic "round brush", basic ariel font I think it was and the 1 background filter. Oh and gaussian blur.

Repinski

I once spent 7 hours drawing a dragon....

I like your work, especially the more recent ones.

DeletedUser

Its good :)

Just try to make sure you have only one focal (which you do normally), that piece has 2-3 for me :S

Oh, and while I'm here, thanks for the comment in the BOTG thread ;)

DeletedUser

No probs, and I was actually leaving the middle for the focal and was going to blur the rest when I got a render of some kind (not net at the time) but decided just to leave it as the water effect, and I thought it would look weird if I blurred the outsides making the focal the middle with... Nothing there.

DeletedUser

Well, my shop sigs are usually of a lower standard due to the fact I have to churn out so many, and can't focus on perfecting each one. I've done 26 pieces this week, so haven't really had alot of time for perfecting techniques or learning new stuff :p

DeletedUser

The more time you spend on a tag, USUALLY the better the tag will be. Allthough, you can spend so much time on a tag and make something with great executoin, yet the concept and style may not be something people like, or which appeals to them. A tragic problem many artists have.
However with tag making, usually if you make a tag and you think its finished, spend half an hour neatening up bits of it (e.g. Colour failz, ragged c4d edges - fix with layer masks, blur and sharpen) spenidng half an hour doing this, or even 10 minutes will make the world of difference to your tags, being clean is a great asset your tags can have.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the tips, most of my sigs are usually fairly rushed to be honest, I tend to juggle making them in between my day-to-day life (particularly with the solo shop, 30 sigs in a week is alot :S) I still have to learn more about layer masks, clipping, gradiant mapping, paths, smudging techniques, etc etc (I am far, far from pro with graphics, I'm still a beginner) but I just haven't found a chance to actually sit and go over the tutorials properly, without being on the run (I take my laptop everywhere with me, half the time I do my sigs in the car or while cleaning or something :p).

DeletedUser

AWESOME! Do u make a lot of pokemon? Cuz i love pokemon! if you dont mine making a few...! i will have all of the stuff out for you to make them after you make my Sharpedo.!

DeletedUser

these are great man :D thanks for the sig by the way, I love it