Discussion: Start of World 61

DeletedUser

Very good world to start on if you are already playing another. no need of practically farm... :)

A humble player

This is huge anybody who has looked hard at the basic formulas of the game on every other world they balance out (Eg:with lvl 30 mines you can just build a offense full speed but you can't also mint coins). The people who can adjust to this will be at least 10% more efficient then everyone else.

As for limited hauls it's just no-hauls after 10 vills but before then it gives the experienced players a little boost.

Most peoples complaints are like with no-hauls you think that the nubs will take you down. Truth is the nubs are no better in no-hauls they are just a little more relevant. Get into a tribe with them help them and they will help you, treat them like crap and get you gang-banged :icon_twisted:

Over all some cool additions to the game that give the vets some variety but don't make you to explain to your tribe mates how to play in a archer/church world :icon_biggrin:

Edit:10 worthless point to whoever can figure out why there will be more mid-early game barb nobling.

Nono, the people who adjust to 33% bonus res (some already have) will be around 45% more efficient.

DeletedUser

Nono, the people who adjust to 33% bonus res (some already have) will be around 45% more efficient.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not ;)

But if you are serious what gives them the biggest boost? I haven't look at numbers yet but I know unit training will be a big one but also you have to take into consideration things like the market.

A humble player

I can't tell if you are being serious or not ;)

But if you are serious what gives them the biggest boost? I haven't look at numbers yet but I know unit training will be a big one but also you have to take into consideration things like the market.

Market certainly, also being able to maximize mine building next to troop production. Building your mines earlier on no/lim hauls allows you to grow faster (if I build a level 30 mine an hour before you, I get 300 free resources compared to you). The same is true for this world, only compounded by an extra ~30%. Stack that across all of startup, and the fact that you build clay pit 4 an hour earlier will mean that you noble a day before someone else.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Why do we need so many high speed worlds this game finishes way too quick as it is

Ugh, worlds close too fast as is? I can't imagine them lasting any longer even being remotely fun, if anything I'd prefer smaller worlds that lasted roughly 6 months so that more people that started a world had the ability to finish them without having to sacrifice such a huge chunk of their time.

EDIT: I'm not in favor of faster worlds by the way, just in favor of smaller worlds.

DeletedUser

Market certainly, also being able to maximize mine building next to troop production. Building your mines earlier on no/lim hauls allows you to grow faster (if I build a level 30 mine an hour before you, I get 300 free resources compared to you). The same is true for this world, only compounded by an extra ~30%. Stack that across all of startup, and the fact that you build clay pit 4 an hour earlier will mean that you noble a day before someone else.
What about later game when all your vills are maxed.

Edit:Morthy will this world have an ending condition because I remember reading somewhere that all new worlds would have some kind of ending condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

A humble player

What about later game when all your vills are maxed.
Then you build troops and make coins as well.
Edit:Morthy will this world have an ending condition because I remember reading somewhere that all new worlds would have some kind of ending condition.
Secrets of Power afaik

DeletedUser

First time seeing a limited-hauls world, this shall be interesting. Settings wise, it doesn't look half bad although morale should be time based instead of points based.

mdesjarl

I like the concept of the limited haul. Allows the more active players to still gain an advantage early, but then becomes nearly like a no haul with farming. Just wish at some point we could have a world with no morale again sooooon

DeletedUser

Just scrolled through and most likely missed it but can someone tell me how the 'every 24 hours rule' works. Resets at 00:00 I assume?

DeletedUser

No. At any one time the server will work out how many resources you've hauled in the past 24 hours.

Source:

The limit does not reset daily at a certain time. At any point in time the game calculates how many resources you've looted in the past 24 hours, and if you're past the limit, you won't be able to loot any more until you're under the limit again.

DeletedUser

I´m okay with most of the settings. The tribe limit sounds good, the barbarians don´t grow much (wouldn´t mind if they didn´t, at all), there´s no imba "advanced" Aletheia's Bonfire... but having a limitation of the haul kinda makes it senseless to register in this world, until you plan to be almost inactive on purpose. Farming is an essential part for me in tribal wars, since it makes the difference in success by activity. I don´t need a limitation to slow me down.

I´ve preregistered, since I didn´t understand the meaning of that limitation at first. But now I´ll wait for the next one to appear and just keep playing in my old one.

DeletedUser

All you guys with several co-players and farm scripts for days can whine all you want about having limited hauls, but the fact is not everyone wants to be as hardcore into the game as you are.. in fact, few people are, and this is the reason TW is dying, so OBVIOUSLY they're gonna try something new, not just bring out the same world over and over again.. duh

DeletedUser

Farm

There cannot be a farm limit

Farming is what makes everyone good

Who agrees with me???

DeletedUser

I like the concept of the limited haul. Allows the more active players to still gain an advantage early, but then becomes nearly like a no haul with farming. Just wish at some point we could have a world with no morale again sooooon

It won't really give active players an advantage (there is a tiny benefit in hauling resources the minute they become available, but it's negligible); the limit is small enough that anyway can hit it, you really only need to send your troops out once or twice a day and you're done. Due to everyone only being able to haul a small amount, there are plenty of resources in barbs and not difficult to hit your haul limit on a daily basis; especially since you're given some troops from quests.

any tutorials and quests for the world?

I'd assume that, unless stated otherwise, all future worlds will contain the same Quest system as present in W60.

DeletedUser

All you guys with several co-players and farm scripts for days can whine all you want about having limited hauls, but the fact is not everyone wants to be as hardcore into the game as you are.. in fact, few people are, and this is the reason TW is dying, so OBVIOUSLY they're gonna try something new, not just bring out the same world over and over again.. duh

First of all, not every one who dislikes that haul limit has co-players or uses farm scripts. I do none of this. Second, I don´t believe that farming active enough to get yourself all the ressources you need to advance and grow fast makes the game die. You mind explaining it?