Free villages?

DeletedUser

If you're not an ally you're an enemy, I try not to hand my enemies my plans, and if they are dumb enough to believe me, I will lie through my teeth to them. If you mean decent as in an "honorable" player sure. If you mean decent as in an above average player, I hardly doubt anyone could argue that I am subpar with any level of seriousness. Heck in your best world your tribe lost to a tribe I founded. A tribe with only 8 members.

And if you guys don't want to utilize every legal tool at your disposal to take villages from red dots that is your business, personally I dont take blue villages, which is admittedly not the best strategy there is, but I would rather have a tribe full of people who take enemy villages by any means necessarily, than anything else.

I'd say the bolded part is most important.

The only real comparisons to real life you can make is in a war type situation what happens?

One of the greatest armies in history, the Mongol Horde under genghis khan, saw winning a battle by deceiving the enemy and outsmarting them as greater than any victory based on pure skill.

But as has been mentioned this is just a game, yes real people play it but the people that speak about honour etc obviously aren't "winners" winners will use anything they can to win within the rules

DeletedUser

Wait what?

None of them were internal, the Noodle one was a cross nobling and he was kind enough to let me keep it. :}

Matteh, may I direct you to the w60 stats...

With that in mind, i'm 100% sure it was an internal :icon_wink:

King Matt II

He clearly still has his main village how could it be an internal if he's still playing? (dull)

DeletedUser

He clearly still has his main village how could it be an internal if he's still playing? (dull)
[spoil]
images
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

The closest RL example to Tribal wars is the show Survivor.
People back stab each other night in and night out, and frankly it's the only reason I watch. :lol:

Of course we aren't playing for a shot at a million dollars, just out of enjoyment. Most people, including myself, find enjoyment out of games when I succeed.
To succeed in this game, you might have to double cross and hurt some people.

DeletedUser

Cute. You're naive. Not anyone but your problem buddy. I also wouldn't saying having the heart to trust people makes someone nice... :icon_confused:

Read it again, it will say the nice people have the heart to trust people.

It is a rubbish example. That isn't a "good" conman at all. They "ran away" and only got "one dollar" so they are potentially going to get caught by the police for one dollar. If it works on anyone at all I fear for humanity! I blame the parents, they need to teach the youngsters that being naive is bad.
This conman then goes on to do it to various people, lets say 100 people. There, he's earned 100$

Authority as in what makes you think you are the one to say what is "right" and what "isn't", as shown by you telling me such things like "I don't really know why you're trying to defend him, there is no decency". Who are you to define what is decent within this game? Reading your posts makes it seem like you think you are some important person! I also haven't tried to stop you! So what need is there for the "allow me to do so"? And opinions can be a whole lot more "worthy" than others. As for the whining issue, well look at your analogies, look at your posts. You seem to be annoyed someone you know I would guess got dealt a bit of a whipping.

Decency is seen differently in different peoples eyes. Quite clearly I can decide who is decent in my eyes and who isn't, and you are trying to tell me I cannot do so?
Well if that's how it makes me look, then I must be making a pretty good impression. I am not an important person, as I said, everyone is equal however if you think my posts make me look important, then that's good for me right? :)

I am not annoyed, I can never say I would really get annoyed at something game related, especially with TW. Heck this thread is talking about the lack of free villages in the top 20. And matt has taken one himself! That was my initial point, but as you try to win the argument so badly, you draw me away from that.

Everytime I say I want to leave this you don't let me, and I'll try and end this right... now.

A humble player

Exactly?
This conman then goes on to do it to various people, lets say 100 people. There, he's earned 100$
And the chance he gets caught nears 100%. This isn't a smart con, it is in fact really, really dumb. Watch hustle, the italian job, or leverage to see actual cons in action.

Decency is seen differently in different peoples eyes. Quite clearly I can decide who is decent in my eyes and who isn't, and you are trying to tell me I cannot do so?
Nope, hes saying that projecting what you consider decent as the only decent is dumb, which it is.
Well if that's how it makes me look, then I must be making a pretty good impression. I am not an important person, as I said, everyone is equal however if you think my posts make me look important, then that's good for me right? :)
Nope, it makes you look egotistical. Looking like you think you are important, looking important, and being important are three things. The one you are is the least 'good'.
I am not annoyed, I can never say I would really get annoyed at something game related, especially with TW. Heck this thread is talking about the lack of free villages in the top 20. And matt has taken one himself! That was my initial point, but as you try to win the argument so badly, you draw me away from that.
Except, you got annoyed about something related to the game.
Everytime I say I want to leave this you don't let me, and I'll try and end this right... now.

If you want something to end, don't respond. The last word is a powerful thing, and people don't like letting someone else take it.

Last edited:

mattcurr

Ehh I cleared his village, then I cleared about 1k sp, and 1k sw of his later:icon_confused: I mean you're in his tribe shouldn't you know this crap.

Also anytime you want to retaliate for me taking your tribe mate's village go right ahead, but until the time you and your tribe grow a pair of balls large enough not to just make forum posts, I don't think that will happen.

ToPaT

Taking a village using guile is akin to using fakes in order to take a village.

Fakes, by definition are used to mislead your opponents defenses and "trick" them.

DeletedUser

Yes pretty much everyone outside of AYK have agreed they either didn't care what Matt did or approve of it so time to move away from the P&P and take it in-game please.

DeletedUser

Taking a village using guile is akin to using fakes in order to take a village.

Fakes, by definition are used to mislead your opponents defenses and "trick" them.

I disagree personaly. Its one thing attacking a guy and then going "try to figure out which one is my real move haha!", in that situation both know they are enemies and are using tactics to cover their real moves etc.
Saying "hey I got your back don't worry" and attacking him in his sleep is not the same, just as joining a tribe of people who trust you and support you and feeding information to the enemy to cover your ass isn't the same either.
Not that I disaprove, infact I think this talk should have ended long ago, just pointing out I and surely others don't see it as the same thing. The world isn't black and white, some things are diferent even if they share a principle.

twenty-five

You say they are nice and so trust people, does this not mean there is some sort of relationship between being nice and trusting people? And hence is it not reasonable to assume that someone who trusts people is more likely to be nice?

Still dumb! Lots of effort, chance of getting caught increases. Not going to be successful for very long. Especially as the more people you do it to, the more people become aware!

I never said they made you look important, I suggested they made you look like you think you are important! Entirely different concepts! Inability to read on these forums astounds me, it really does! As for the rest you put forward that there was nothing decent about it, this is you projecting your opinion as fact I think!

Matt has not taken a free village. My point has been he put effort and cunning into his action, and hence it was not free. As he says he also lost troops! He used manipulation to take the village more easily, but that does not equate to the village being free. He's simply exchanged something else other than troops for it; effort in manipulating. Not losing troops does not make a village free.

People who end posts on this note make me laugh. If you don't want me to respond, don't give me something to respond to! Especially when it is as silly as the post I just replied to.

DeletedUser

You say they are nice and so trust people, does this not mean there is some sort of relationship between being nice and trusting people? And hence is it not reasonable to assume that someone who trusts people is more likely to be nice?

Still dumb! Lots of effort, chance of getting caught increases. Not going to be successful for very long. Especially as the more people you do it to, the more people become aware!

I never said they made you look important, I suggested they made you look like you think you are important! Entirely different concepts! Inability to read on these forums astounds me, it really does! As for the rest you put forward that there was nothing decent about it, this is you projecting your opinion as fact I think!

Matt has not taken a free village. My point has been he put effort and cunning into his action, and hence it was not free. As he says he also lost troops! He used manipulation to take the village more easily, but that does not equate to the village being free. He's simply exchanged something else other than troops for it; effort in manipulating. Not losing troops does not make a village free.

People who end posts on this note make me laugh. If you don't want me to respond, don't give me something to respond to! Especially when it is as silly as the post I just replied to.

Ok then, seen as I wanted to end this a while ago and I do not want you to respond... Here this is something that you shouldn't need to respond to.

but until the time you and your tribe grow a pair of balls large enough not to just make forum posts, I don't think that will happen.

Completely illogical for us to do anything about it, also I don't see my tribe just making forum posts :icon_confused: It's just me, and these are my views.

twenty-five

Ok then, seen as I wanted to end this a while ago and I do not want you to respond... Here this is something that you shouldn't need to respond to.

If you wanted it to end you wouldn't have quoted me at all! Seems like you are trying to pretend to be some sort of bigger man by quoting me but not replying. Also you would have stopped a while ago if as you say you wanted to end it a while ago.

mattcurr

Completely illogical for us to do anything about it, also I don't see my tribe just making forum posts :icon_confused: It's just me, and these are my views.

There have been 3 of you posting about it maybe four I forget:icon_confused: And you see no logic in trying to take back a village rather than whining about it?

DeletedUser

There have been 3 of you posting about it maybe four I forget:icon_confused: And you see no logic in trying to take back a village rather than whining about it?

The fact that majority of us are over 20 hours away with nobles makes it completely illogical. Such a taunt you :lol:

DeletedUser

Speaking of free villages in the top. Check this newcomer out.
Got Green?, 5 out 6 is internals and two of them seemed to have been kicked to hide it.