Newbie Here

DeletedUser

Hello, it's been a REALLY long time since I've played this game. And, to be honest, at that point I had no idea what I was doing. So, I have a couple of questions... being a little bit of a browser based game player, some things that I haven't seen explanations for statistically.

Okay, first off: How do I find the growth rate of my town's population. For example, in my farm, I am missing about 50 people. I want to know the net growth that I can expect per hour from them.

Secondly, what are the conditions of allotting citizens to soldiers? I have a goodly bit of resources, should be able to make 3 spears, have all requirements including citizens, but it won't let me make more than one. Is there a set ratio workers/troops that I am missing?

Next, my resource growth here is determined off of three producers, wood, iron, clay. From the looks of it, wood is the most important, clay is building material, and iron is war production material. Am I right to assume I do not need the iron outside of troops?

Fourth, what's the average army size run through? I remember this being a number game, ended instantaneous, with no way to pull back in some sort of combat-effective strategy (other games have rounds, long wait times between battles, and the ability to pull back troops if you're getting destroyed). So, traditionally, the idea was to hold a lot of archers, spears (cav Defense) and axmen (slaughter bait) to hold off the enemy. Anything new to worry about? Sorry, I really haven't played this in 2.5 years...

Asylum Escapee

most of what you are saying is not completely true or doesnt make sense. There are no requirements besided population and resources for making troop. Also, i have no idea what you mean by 50 people missing. Maybe your farm got catted, or you lost troops? Message me in game if you need more help and ill explain more fully. You seem to have some misconceptions about the game.

DeletedUser

You seem to have some misconceptions about the game.

Understatement of the year. I would advise you first read the building/unit descriptions, the more generic beginner guides, do the game quests (icon on top left if not mistaken) and only afterwards go for more concrete doubts and questions.

DeletedUser

I did look at the farm and figure out what it was... I did not realize population was also a building requirement (or component) to upgrade buildings. So, being I have space for 350, and have used apparently 150 (was upgrading farm), I could build buildings until I get to 350, right?

I still don't get the soldier issue... I have the allotted amounts, just can't build the amounts of troops I think I should be able to...
And can anyone say what is the average army you'd run across in an account about 1k of size?

DeletedUser

This is my guide from the UK server, it covers the basics as well as the standard techniques used to, well, kill stuff. :p

Mail me in-game - @ Pushty - if you have any queries, if I have the time and you're willing to learn, I'm happy to give you said time.

DeletedUser

I did look at the farm and figure out what it was... I did not realize population was also a building requirement (or component) to upgrade buildings. So, being I have space for 350, and have used apparently 150 (was upgrading farm), I could build buildings until I get to 350, right?

Correct.

I still don't get the soldier issue... I have the allotted amounts, just can't build the amounts of troops I think I should be able to...
And can anyone say what is the average army you'd run across in an account about 1k of size?

If you have the right farm level and enough resources, the only reason I could think of is that you haven't researched in smithy. In a 10k village, in most cases you'd expect the equivalent amount of troops the average player (I think) keeps (or should keep) a 1:1 ratio. If they are point whores, they will have a lot less, if they are troops whores, you might have to expect a 2:1 ratio.

DeletedUser

At 1k points you should have at very least 2:1 troops to points

DeletedUser

That was, you must understand, my judgement of the average player. We may of course have different opinions of what this would be, or I may have worded it wrong.

DeletedUser54064

12968-i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpg

I would suggest reading a few guides, although I haven't played in a year or so, I've still managed to forget most of the stuff here, but what you have questions about should be answered in most guides, the users above have posted some decent ones, but also some can be found somewhere in these forums I believe.

Iron is needed for everything, even the buildings weirdly enough. The build that you take will depend which resource is most valuable to you.

Farm space is required for both building AND troops.

I would advise you to go mixed build for the first village as you haven't played in a long time but definitely have specific builds for the other villages - pure offensive and defensive. Otherwise you won't have the maximum possible offensive power in villages therefore will have hard time trying to beat the defense of an opponent or even wind up having to rebuild the whole force. Remember, each unit has offensive and defensive value, the troops with high defensive value have low offensive value and vice versa, so mixing them will have a profound effect on either the offensive or defensive values, making your villages weaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello, it's been a REALLY long time since I've played this game. And, to be honest, at that point I had no idea what I was doing. So, I have a couple of questions... being a little bit of a browser based game player, some things that I haven't seen explanations for statistically.

Okay, first off: How do I find the growth rate of my town's population. For example, in my farm, I am missing about 50 people. I want to know the net growth that I can expect per hour from them.

Secondly, what are the conditions of allotting citizens to soldiers? I have a goodly bit of resources, should be able to make 3 spears, have all requirements including citizens, but it won't let me make more than one. Is there a set ratio workers/troops that I am missing?

Next, my resource growth here is determined off of three producers, wood, iron, clay. From the looks of it, wood is the most important, clay is building material, and iron is war production material. Am I right to assume I do not need the iron outside of troops?

Fourth, what's the average army size run through? I remember this being a number game, ended instantaneous, with no way to pull back in some sort of combat-effective strategy (other games have rounds, long wait times between battles, and the ability to pull back troops if you're getting destroyed). So, traditionally, the idea was to hold a lot of archers, spears (cav Defense) and axmen (slaughter bait) to hold off the enemy. Anything new to worry about? Sorry, I really haven't played this in 2.5 years...

Welcome back to the game. Feel free to message me ingame with any queries or requests at any time under this username and I'll do my best to assist.

DeletedUser105366

Saying that someone must be at a certain troop:point ratio is a bit absurd.

A successful player doesn't grow his village based on ratios.

He focuses on being able to produce troops 24/7, and when this is achieved, he then focuses on upgrading buildings 24/7 while still keeping those nonstop troop queues going.

When this is achieved, he can then proceed by upgrading barracks or stables for faster troop production, or by upgrading his headquarters for faster building production.

A good player doesn't worry about the ratios; he simply tries to achieve a state in which everything in his village is growing and producing 24/7 at maximum efficiency.

DeletedUser

Aj the epic

Is this the one i know? I think it is, anyways aj, im in the same boat :p

DeletedUser

Saying that someone must be at a certain troop:point ratio is a bit absurd.

A successful player doesn't grow his village based on ratios.

He focuses on being able to produce troops 24/7, and when this is achieved, he then focuses on upgrading buildings 24/7 while still keeping those nonstop troop queues going.

When this is achieved, he can then proceed by upgrading barracks or stables for faster troop production, or by upgrading his headquarters for faster building production.

A good player doesn't worry about the ratios; he simply tries to achieve a state in which everything in his village is growing and producing 24/7 at maximum efficiency.

Not having 2k troops at 1k points is just as absurd as your post :icon_wink:

DeletedUser105366

My post is not absurd.

Following that concept, I've had a full nuke at 4k points.

The point I was trying to make was that rather than focusing on a certain ratio, it would be easier to just make sure you keep your queues going.

If you have 20 hours of troops queued up and 0 buildings queued, it would make more sense to upgrade some buildings, rather than just keep adding to your troop queue because you haven't met a 2:1 ratio yet. You get nothing from making your troop queue longer at that point.

200 points + 200 troops in twenty hours is certainly better than just 200 troops in twenty hours.

For example, let's say my village right now has 3 hours of troops queued in my barracks and stable, and 3 hours of buildings queued in my headquarters.

Sure, I could delete the building queues and give myself 6 hour queues in my barracks and stable, but that is counterproductive.

In that 3 hour period, I could build 3 hours worth of troops and 3 hours worth of buildings, or just 3 hours worth of troops.

Asylum Escapee

I can assure you that if this particular player bothered to count ratios it woyld be alot higher than 2 to 1.
But regardless, a troop:point ratio seems to be something that has spread through many noob tribes recently. As victorious said, the focus should be on troop qeues and then building queus. Troops actively or semi actively farming will produce many times the resources of any building.
Sorry for spelling mistakes, am on my phone and cany be arsed to fix
Edit: it seems victorious has summed it up beyter than i have.

Last edited: