Decision to make 65 no flags.

DeletedUser1082

Thoughts on the decision to make 65 no flags?

I personally was surprised, I thought 65 would be the perfect start to integrating flags into the game and forcing players to play more than one world with the same name, which was ultimately the gain.

That having been said, IMO flags would have made 65 incredibly unbalanced towards newer players, as some players would have level 6 resource flags.

Just wondering other's opinions

DeletedUser

I had heard from quite a few people that w65 would have flags, and that's why there was that whole rush for res flags in 64.

Guess not. Pretty bummed.

I personally figured flags would compensate for lack of hauls. Oh well, I guess.

DeletedUser93450

I knew it was not going to be flags. d:

Also, Steve.. you aren't joining w65? oO

DeletedUser

Hmm, dang. It would have been interesting to use my flags from 64 on 65.

DeletedUser103537

I am so happy it isn't also was 98% sure it wasn't going to be flags.

DeletedUser

flags would have unbalanced the world a little too much, thus it is a good decision to make it no flag. I dont necessarily dislike flags but, I can understand this setting!

Im pretty sure morthy also had announce that, because of the new version (and addition of flags) no haul had to be reported so, obviously, the no haul world was gonna be no flags. (wasnt o haul supposed to be W64?)

DeletedUser98503

HAHAH. all those that joined W64 just for flags. Shame on you :D

DeletedUser101547

why? it was just being prepared, plus i enjoyed the setting, i just dont think they should be transferable nor good for no hauls,

DeletedUser

I am kinda disappointed. I wasted weeks to get resource flags. But I also understand the decision. Still, disappointed. But it will still be fairly easy to outgrow others if you spend a little time figuring out some strategies ;)

DeletedUser

I'm glad. I think that the addition of a resource enhancing flag would have been quite unfair on the majority of players, even those, like me, who only joined 64 to get flags (I didn't get particularly good ones!).

DeletedUser

Flags should not be transferrable - makes it harder for new guys who want to play the game to get in and do well - will detract them from it and gives us a smaller future size.

DeletedUser106138

I can see why there are no flags on this world but in my opinion I think that alot of people including myself feel that they played w 64 in order to get flags so they would have an advantage on 65,

DeletedUser

Of course it was a good decision. How it is fair when you have res flags on a no haul world? Serves you all right for just joining 64 for the flags.

DeletedUser

Having a no hauls world with flags when only a single other world has had the option to play with flags, would have just been ridiculous for anyone who flag farmed or abused the flag bug on w64. Frankly I wouldn't be joining this world if it had them and I played on w64 under a different name so had plenty of flags of my own.