Discussion: Speed rounds reducing in frequency

DeletedUser15106

Hi everyone,

It has now been five years since the speed server was started. During this time we have seen several significant events, such as the speed championship last year, hugely popular Christmas and Easter rounds and, of course, this year's tribe tournament.

While special events are still popular, due to less popular regular rounds we have decided to cut down on the frequency of speed rounds. In doing so, we will be able to focus more of our efforts into events geared towards everyone, so we will keep the server to be used on special occasions such as holidays, and for one-off tournaments.

The final regular speed round will be played next week on Friday September 28th at 16:00, after which the speed world will no longer run around the clock, but will be reserved for special use.

We look forward to seeing you at the next special round, which will run over the Halloween period.

All the best,
The Tribalwars Team

DeletedUser

Seems like .co.uk is going to gain quite a few players then

DeletedUser

I feel like crying Lisa.. Even lower the pp prizes per rounds or anything like that to keep it going. Such a shame :(...*sniffle*
What a sad day.

~Will~

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Could some form of pre registration be used like for normal worlds for a round to start when at a set number.

I hate the special rounds as always have things that need doing when they start its called a RL.

Wolfren

I seriously hope the .co.uk crowd do not follow your approach. Good bye.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Could some form of pre registration be used like for normal worlds for a round to start when at a set number.

I hate the special rounds as always have things that need doing when they start its called a RL.

Great idea. Then the person who makes the target number of players has a head start over everybody else who pre-registered before him and don't notice the speed world opening :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Aw.. I really love those rounds I gained alot of good exp and Tactics in speed rounds only because i was beginning to get use to nuking my foes.. But if the team is overwhelmed by excessive Speed rounds then who am i to say its unfair? Besides special speed rounds would mean building suspense to anxious players awaiting them :]

DeletedUser

So what happens to all the PP I have on .net this is pretty much obsolete now so can I have it transfered to another server?

DeletedUser

you can always send me your PP if you no longer need it

I'll see it wont go to waste

DeletedUser

James don't listen to the noob above, you know who to send all your PP on .net :x

From Speed champion of 2012 ----> To Speed champion of 2011 =))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1082

773a6f151baed17920851c01feda6d20.png

DeletedUser89403

Great idea. Then the person who makes the target number of players has a head start over everybody else who pre-registered before him and don't notice the speed world opening :icon_eek:

They wouldn't open it the second that the last person pre registers. They'd let everyone know that prereg was done and the world would start in x days.

DeletedUser

I can't believe, what the plans for Speed-Rounds are. Thats a very bad day for Speed-Lovers! I think, that isn't the right decision!

For sure, there are a lot of works on speed-rounds, like creating, supporting rounds, or find multis (staffs on Speed-dairy). But for sure, this ones who decides to do so, they love this part of "job". So I really don't understand it. Hope that other languages will save there Speed-Versions, so we could have another chance for those Speed-Servers.

Dear Sandro

DeletedUser94483

I believe instead of removing the speed rounds they should figure out a BETTER way to implement it...