Impossible to snipe trains

• Thread starter DeletedUser111879
  • Start date

DeletedUser111879

Read the thread before you reply. It is apparent to me that it is now impossible to split/destroy/snipe a 100ms noble train (4 consecutive attacks).
I'll explain my reasons. Today I was attacked and the times of the attacker were as such:
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:482 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:607 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:768 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:939 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
I had sent an attack at a barbarian village that was 00:50:00 minutes away, the attack would land at the barbarian at 18:41:32:711, and supposed to return home at 19:31:32:711.... Thus splitting his 4 attacks in half. 2 hit, 2 die.
Well, when my attack HIT the barbarian village it's return time CHANGED to 19:31:32:000, meaning my snipe would have failed. Luckily for me he only sent fakes.
Before, you were allowed to snipe trains. Now you cannot. PLEASE fix this bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrock

barb bouncing the return time is alwasy 0000. Try cancel sniping

DeletedUser

It is not a bug. When an attack lands the second ticks over to bring the return millisecond to 0.

If you have a single village and you see a train sent against you, you are most likely going to have to cancel snipe (the miliseconds don't reset when you cancel an attack/support) so it would split the train if timed properly.

Alternatively there are external sniping methods (sending a support train to give you multiple attempts) from either a second village you own or get a friend to help.

DeletedUser85711

Poor fella (or lass I suppose) :(. Confusion on simple game mechanics sucks

DeletedUser111879

I know, in a sticky situation sometimes other options aren't available to you. For me, I had to go to work and just got home (8 hours later). :( I know how to cancel snipe, it's what I usually do but it's way easier to time a snipe when a barb is a perfect 00 seconds away. Just the other day I sniped from another village, but he had a whole 2 second gap, so no real skill there. lol

spartan clan

there are many different variations for sniping the one you tried to use only works when noble train go across the second mark as many people here have said returning troops always come back at 0ms cancel sniping however is different and t-train sniping can also be used to get between the train you posted

DeletedUser111879

I shouldn't have said absolutely no sniping, but the easiest way of sniping is unavailable. Regardless, let this be a warning to unsuspecting players who also have a life outside of tribal wars. :) thank you all for your replies.

spartan clan

yeah not a problem i find the easiest to be t-train sniping thouigh you get multiple chances in each go and dif speeds only drawback is less troop will be there for a snipe but if they arent expecting one then you wont need much

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If you are unsure how you could have sniped this, and want to learn something, my guide should give you some advice.

If you don't understand it there, feel free to hit me up at thekingofaz on Skype and I'll explain in more detail.

Essentially there are 3 main ways to snipe.

1. 'Bouncing Barb' snipes are from the village under attack (attack a barb and wait for troops to return) always return at 000ms.
2. 'Cancel' snipes are from the village under attack (attack something and then cancel at the right moment) always return at the ms it should have landed on.
3. 'Support' snipes are from other villages (you send them as if you were sending a noble train, but as support).

dukeyp123

If you have a decent amount of Defence in the area (but not enough to defend head on), split the D into 3,4,5,...,N groups and launch support as a T train.

Hey presto!

DeletedUser

Erm... Cancel snipe it...

Barb bouncing always returns 000ms.

Muldie325

Yes because everyone has the time to stack villages. In a lot of situations you have to snipe... Also, people not taking into consideration that she might only have one village?

Tribemates?

Also:

756800x_w185.png

DeletedUser

Barb bouncing snipes have been impossible for trains like this since W13 when they removed the milliseconds from returning attacks. Hardly breaking news.

DeletedUser111879

Barb bouncing snipes have been impossible for trains like this since W13 when they removed the milliseconds from returning attacks. Hardly breaking news.
Hmm.... I started on w9, good old days. Oh well. =P Maybe this is the first time I did a barb bounce. :) Like I said in previous posts, where you people aren't reading, is that I usually cancel snipe but had to go to work.

DeletedUser111879

It's not only barb bouncing either, it's all returning troops. Player attacked friends village, other friend tried to back-time, was early by 400ms because troops didn't return home until following minute.

DeletedUser

It's not only barb bouncing either, it's all returning troops. Player attacked friends village, other friend tried to back-time, was early by 400ms because troops didn't return home until following minute.

It is not a bug. When an attack lands the second ticks over to bring the return millisecond to 0.
As I understand it:
When you launch an attack at a village that attack will land at a given time; say 12:06:59;023.
When the attack lands, that second ticks over (I'm guessing for the fight) and then the troops return exactly the troop duration later.
So if the duration was 53 minutes exactly; The attack lands at 12:06:59;023, the second ticks over for the battle; 12:07:00;000 then the troop return time of 53min added to calculate the return time; 13:00:00;000.

That's just how I've come to understand it works. I could be wrong.