Impossible to snipe trains

• Thread starter DeletedUser111879
  • Start date

dukeyp123

It's not only barb bouncing either, it's all returning troops. Player attacked friends village, other friend tried to back-time, was early by 400ms because troops didn't return home until following minute.

Practice makes perfect.

You've learned the hard-way this time. However, I expect you won't make the same mistake again.

DeletedUser

As I understand it:
When you launch an attack at a village that attack will land at a given time; say 12:06:59;023.
When the attack lands, that second ticks over (I'm guessing for the fight) and then the troops return exactly the troop duration later.
So if the duration was 53 minutes exactly; The attack lands at 12:06:59;023, the second ticks over for the battle; 12:07:00;000 then the troop return time of 53min added to calculate the return time; 13:00:00;000.

That's just how I've come to understand it works. I could be wrong.

Also, a decent backtime script or tagger script should give you the exact return time of a troop run. I know my tagger does.

DeletedUser106579

As I understand it:
When you launch an attack at a village that attack will land at a given time; say 12:06:59;023.
When the attack lands, that second ticks over (I'm guessing for the fight) and then the troops return exactly the troop duration later.
So if the duration was 53 minutes exactly; The attack lands at 12:06:59;023, the second ticks over for the battle; 12:07:00;000 then the troop return time of 53min added to calculate the return time; 13:00:00;000.

That's just how I've come to understand it works. I could be wrong.

The ms are disregarded by the server for the calculation of the return time. Attack hits at 12:06:59:023...the duration of the walk back is calculated from 12:06:59. For your example that would mean a return at 12:59:59:000.

That's my understanding anyway...

DeletedUser

The ms are disregarded by the server for the calculation of the return time. Attack hits at 12:06:59:023...the duration of the walk back is calculated from 12:06:59. For your example that would mean a return at 12:59:59:000.

That's my understanding anyway...
If that were true, their expected backtime landing wouldn't have been 400ms early. I don't think you can simply disregard time. You can't see it, but it's there. The game can't simply wind back the clock only tick over the second.

DeletedUser106579

Yeah, I don't get the backtime thing either. But the first example by the OP points to 'rounding down' and I think that's the case...

DeletedUser

Do my best. Sent an attack at a village, according to the in game command overview:
Duration: 0:07:30
Arrival: Jul 03, 2013 16:48:30:537
Arrival in: 0:07:13
Estimated return: Jul 03, 2013 16:56:00

I'll edit in if that is true, since it does say "estimated".

Edit: Arrival: Jul 03, 2013 16:56:00:000

Yup, it ignores the millisecond rather than ticking it over :| Which in my view is just special.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser85711

If that were true, their expected backtime landing wouldn't have been 400ms early. I don't think you can simply disregard time. You can't see it, but it's there. The game can't simply wind back the clock only tick over the second.

It returns at 12:59:59:000, 100% guaranteed.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It used to either round up or round down depending on how far into the second the hit was how it always rounds down

DeletedUser111410

After nice loot, time away from home, adrenaline rush makes them come home just faster.. That how I looked at it...

STAFAST

Read the thread before you reply. It is apparent to me that it is now impossible to split/destroy/snipe a 100ms noble train (4 consecutive attacks).
I'll explain my reasons. Today I was attacked and the times of the attacker were as such:
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:482 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:607 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:768 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
0004. He just loved to Rename today at 19:31:32:939 1:36:43 Request support for this attack
I had sent an attack at a barbarian village that was 00:50:00 minutes away, the attack would land at the barbarian at 18:41:32:711, and supposed to return home at 19:31:32:711.... Thus splitting his 4 attacks in half. 2 hit, 2 die.
Well, when my attack HIT the barbarian village it's return time CHANGED to 19:31:32:000, meaning my snipe would have failed. Luckily for me he only sent fakes.
Before, you were allowed to snipe trains. Now you cannot. PLEASE fix this bug.

This is a copy of a topic we are having in Beta Testing right now.....Some here may not know about certain changes, but it is gaining a lot of anger in the Beta Tests:

Random extra time 5 seconds

Every single command sent receives a random amount of extra time. For simply farming, this would be pretty inconsequential and most people probably haven't even noticed it yet. But the intention of this setting seems completely evident considering the obvious effect of this setting. Being able to send noble trains the right way is a thing of the past. Sending support behind trains will become much less effective. So will recapping. Backtiming is nearly impossible. Sniping from a different village is nearly impossible, and sniping from the same village will become complicated by this setting.

This is not my words, but another player that has played since W1....many of us are really getting upset by changes being made to this once great game.

DeletedUser

This is not my words, but another player that has played since W1....many of us are really getting upset by changes being made to this once great game.

Tbh, it'd be a nice setting to have on the Casual world.

STAFAST

Tbh, it'd be a nice setting to have on the Casual world.

On this I agree fully, I play the US casual, it is not a hard world and many players dont understand the game, but on NET, no...it does not belong at all.

Here is where people that think they are the best of the best come and play. It should be harder and back to more original settings.

DeletedUser

Every single command sent receives a random amount of extra time. For simply farming, this would be pretty inconsequential and most people probably haven't even noticed it yet. But the intention of this setting seems completely evident considering the obvious effect of this setting. Being able to send noble trains the right way is a thing of the past. Sending support behind trains will become much less effective. So will recapping. Backtiming is nearly impossible. Sniping from a different village is nearly impossible, and sniping from the same village will become complicated by this setting.

When was that posted? I remember an April Fools joke about that a while back

DeletedUser

What? That you can't trust the timing on any command you make? How would that be beneficial?

It's a casual world, therefore you have a setting to prevent trains, snipes, backtimes, timing attacks, etc. I'm sure some people will find a way around it but the idea, at least, is that it forces you to play casually... hence why it would fit on a casual world.

Muldie325

Yup, it ignores the millisecond rather than ticking it over :| Which in my view is just special.

Why would it wait 1 second to do a calculation that it can do in a few ms? It's a computer. It can't tick the second over without waiting for the current second to end, because that would mess up the timing of everything else. But what it can do is tell what the time is right now.

I don't think that's hard to understand. :S

STAFAST

When was that posted? I remember an April Fools joke about that a while back

Not sure, but some of the Beta Testers have noticed the time issues and we have a forum post talking about it now. Many of the players are testing this out now.

A couple people remember hearing about it but nobody so far can remember when or where, but reports are getting posted showing the time issues.

If I find out more, I will post it here.

DeletedUser106579

It's a casual world, therefore you have a setting to prevent trains, snipes, backtimes, timing attacks, etc. I'm sure some people will find a way around it but the idea, at least, is that it forces you to play casually... hence why it would fit on a casual world.

Ok, see the value then. Didn't realise quite how laid-back the Casual world is...