An Emperical Study of War and Hugging on W68

DeletedUser

If you was playing this world,you'd knew that this world was meant to be boring way before this happened,the only way to get a chance winning against hugging is...sadly,to hugs a bit yourself to.

I myself whinned/ranted lot bout some of the action my current leader or past leader made,but I cant disagree,that when you see everyone around being allied with everyone around,you cant really throw yourself in whitout a bit of hugging if you wanna stand a chance.

Like Scott once told me when I was complaining ''I had to play by this world standart'' .Or sumtin along those line,to wich,I have no choice but to agree,even if I think its gay...:icon_confused: ...And to be fair,this world ''standart'' simply suck arse.The funneh sheet is that the people who's actualy complaining about it are the one who made these standart up since this world started....meh...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you was playing this world,you'd knew that this world was meant to be boring way before this happened,the only way to get a chance winning against hugging is...sadly,to hugs a bit yourself to.

I myself whinned/ranted lot bout some of the action my current leader or past leader made,but I cant disagree,that when you see everyone around being allied with everyone around,you cant really throw yourself in whitout a bit of hugging if you wanna stand a chance.

Like Scott once told me when I was complaining ''I had to play by this world standart'' .Or sumtin along those line,to wich,I have no choice but to agree,even if I think its gay...:icon_confused: ...And to be fair,this world ''standart'' simply suck arse.The funneh sheet is that the people who's actualy complaining about it are the one who made these standart up since this world started....meh...

Haha, I don't buy that for a second. In W60, which I am currently leading the winning tribe, there was actually loads of hugging, in fact there was even a family tribe called Anon. from 4chan that had about 500 members and over 10 branches for a while. The thing is, there only needs to be one arsehole to ruin all that. If you have the will, the stubbornness and the organisation to win, you can fights against opponents several times your size. There is very few impossibles in this game, just lots of improbables and when it comes to improbable, a strong leader can make it probable. Attitudes like this in the newer worlds makes me cry a little inside. You should be thinking "yes, they are four times our size, but we are five times stronger pound for pound and we shall prove it". When you win a fight where you are 1.5 times the size of the opponent and they have loads of inactives, it isn't as fun anymore, it isn't a challenge, there is very little uncertainty.

The great thing is, if the rest of the world cares so much about diplomacy, you can really screw around with them. Getting them to panic by randomly declaring on them in your first meeting for no real reason other than just because, playing various pranks and not taking the conversation seriously, deferring any problem you can't be bothered to discuss to a council you just made up just to waste their time and breath etc. It may not be the most efficient or best way of going about things, but it is way more entertaining.

DeletedUser

@the nemesis123, Nice to see you again Dylan. This is kaboltron - a former SPAM member W60

DeletedUser

Haha, I don't buy that for a second. In W60, which I am currently leading the winning tribe, there was actually loads of hugging, in fact there was even a family tribe called Anon. from 4chan that had about 500 members and over 10 branches for a while. The thing is, there only needs to be one arsehole to ruin all that. If you have the will, the stubbornness and the organisation to win, you can fights against opponents several times your size. There is very few impossibles in this game, just lots of improbables and when it comes to improbable, a strong leader can make it probable. Attitudes like this in the newer worlds makes me cry a little inside. You should be thinking "yes, they are four times our size, but we are five times stronger pound for pound and we shall prove it". When you win a fight where you are 1.5 times the size of the opponent and they have loads of inactives, it isn't as fun anymore, it isn't a challenge, there is very little uncertainty.

The great thing is, if the rest of the world cares so much about diplomacy, you can really screw around with them. Getting them to panic by randomly declaring on them in your first meeting for no real reason other than just because, playing various pranks and not taking the conversation seriously, deferring any problem you can't be bothered to discuss to a council you just made up just to waste their time and breath etc. It may not be the most efficient or best way of going about things, but it is way more entertaining.

So what are you exactly saying?

That big acount can be useless? I kind of knew that already...

that big arse tribe can be filled by nub? I kind of knew that already too....

That we,in NADS,should wars someone else then V/A? I kind of disagree...I wanted to war em since this world started and that they wus all talkin sheet bout how bad arse they were while we all knew they was just a bunch of hugger,barb who re and internal wh ore...

so what was your point?That the game could be played differently?I do know that,so does everyone else...you think you invented something new?Son plz...

Or are you just trying to teach the world a lesson,your a preacher?

edit: on a sidenote,using an argument involving a family tribe of 500 members just made me wanting to hit my head against the wall till I bleed nuff in my own eyes to get blind....cause :

1-fack tw nowadays,500 mebrs,rly? lawl :p
2-I mean,seriously,is this rly an argument? :lol: any 500 members tribe cant be taken seriously.

DeletedUser

So what are you exactly saying?

That big acount can be useless? I kind of knew that already...

that big arse tribe can be filled by nub? I kind of knew that already too....

That we,in NADS,should wars someone else then V/A? I kind of disagree...I wanted to war em since this world started and that they wus all talkin sheet bout how bad arse they were while we all knew they was just a bunch of hugger,barb who re and internal wh ore...

so what was your point?That the game could be played differently?I do know that,so does everyone else...you think you invented something new?Son plz...

Or are you just trying to teach the world a lesson,your a preacher?

edit: on a sidenote,using an argument involving a family tribe of 500 members just made me wanting to hit my head against the wall till I bleed nuff in my own eyes to get blind....cause :

1-fack tw nowadays,500 mebrs,rly? lawl :p
2-I mean,seriously,is this rly an argument? :lol: any 500 members tribe cant be taken seriously.

I was just asking why not take them all on. Hey kaboltron :p

MR.MR

I stand by my definition and actions. and dylan, for someone who usually posts as well as you, to try and use world 60 as justification for anythig on another world is a really poor argument. I could talk about w30 where 25 of us won the world after 5 full years of fighting tribes of 60-120+, but its meaningless here. also, for you to try and use the early world 4chan and /b/ invaders as a proving point for an argument when none of those guys make it past 3-5 villas ever doesnt really prove much credibility

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have the up most respect when it comes to your arseholeness DA, for if it wasn't for your ways w60 would not have been the same, I have never been hit so hard so early on in a world and I have never played so well!.. with so much will to come out on top and that was shared between the whole tribe, that and the leadership is why SPAM is #1

DeletedUser64969

from the start of me taking over V/A scott has tried to hug everyone around V/A and get the entire world to gangbang us, i just dismantled them every time it happened, but apparently V/A has always hugged and barb munched more, regardless of how people have played i just dislike hypocrites, and bonnie quite frankly your full of shit, Once DD were allied or napped with turtle and were ready to hit V/A with several other tribes until i put my finger in, something that gets forgotten even tho it happened twice and now a third time.

the main problem with V/A has always being activity its a big problem always has being and as you can see its largly influenced my decision making if you have the brains to work it out, makes working with things very difficult to say the least, hopefully now with the extra incentive, i'll pull afew management miracles off, end of the day we all want an interesting world and for it to be fun regardless of if we win or lose, I could of kept on going with the things i did in the past and kept playing like a dickhead and ended this world long ago, but it would of being boring and pointless, but end of the day sometimes you just gotta stop and play.

DeletedUser

I have the up most respect when it comes to your arseholeness DA, for if it wasn't for your ways w60 would not have been the same, I have never been hit so hard so early on in a world and I have never played so well!.. with so much will to come out on top and that was shared between the whole tribe, that and the leadership is why SPAM is #1

One thing I learned when I'm in SPAM under our Dick-tator DA is to keep my mouth shut and just do whatever he says. He knows what needs to be done, we may not understand him but if we follow him not only could we kill a lot of noobs but also kill a lot of elite players and laugh at them while we do it.

MR.MR

waaa waaa waaaa

qft. ^^

Starting to sound like a broken record, saying the same thing anytime anyone will listen to you. Good for you going for the sympathy vote, whatever it takes, eh?

EDIT: its no question that Dylan was/is a good duke and did amazing things with and for his players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I stand by my definition and actions. and dylan, for someone who usually posts as well as you, to try and use world 60 as justification for anythig on another world is a really poor argument. I could talk about w30 where 25 of us won the world after 5 full years of fighting tribes of 60-120+, but its meaningless here. also, for you to try and use the early world 4chan and /b/ invaders as a proving point for an argument when none of those guys make it past 3-5 villas ever doesnt really prove much credibility

Other than small setting differences, the stage that most worlds start off on are fundamentally similar. My point with the /b/ thing was to more point out the ridiculousness of the families and hugging rather than anything else, I could have easily quoted H D, TRAIN, Valour and Calm. (though I know a little less about their rise to power) as more realistic situations. My point was more that W68 was not an outlier, but in fact was in line with other worlds, but that fact does not mean you have to play to the same rules as the rest of the rules. That said, I have nothing wrong with what you did, if anything I have already said it was probably the optimal move (though I do not know about the full circumstances).

DeletedUser

immune...Really...stop being a drama queen,or call people hypocrital,your so wrost then people you accuse it off.Dont you have another top 3 acount to merge into you all by yourself? (you never heard of sharing intern in VA btw?or to give them to valuable members/members in need? wait that would make way too much sense :eek: )

You was planning to hit Turtle with US in DD (when you was ready and that we would have done all the hard work while you was busy doin jack fook nuffin)

But DD +Turtle fighting you is unfair? You just got owned,that's all,stop lookin for argument about why its not fair,and start realyzing that you had planned to do the same....Shit just hited the fan when people on your side realized how useless you was.

On a sidenote,I already explained my view on your tribe activity problem...you kind of caused it,and yanno im right....

Edit:im pretty sure I failed to spell realise twice in a row,but meh.

DeletedUser

immune...Really...stop being a drama queen,or call people hypocrital,your so wrost then people you accuse it off.Dont you have another top 3 acount to merge into you all by yourself? (you never heard of sharing intern in VA btw?or to give them to valuable members/members in need? wait that would make way too much sense :eek: )

You was planning to hit Turtle with US in DD (when you was ready and that we would have done all the hard work while you was busy doin jack fook nuffin)

But DD +Turtle fighting you is unfair? You just got owned,that's all,stop lookin for argument about why its not fair,and start realyzing that you had planned to do the same....Shit just hited the fan when people on your side realized how useless you was.

On a sidenote,I already explained my view on your tribe activity problem...you kind of caused it,and yanno im right....

Edit:im pretty sure I failed to spell realise twice in a row,but meh.

As long as you get your point across/we understand it, spelling is not an issue on an international forum, I've hailed some good friends for their time and patience in such a hostile environment towards players who take the opportunity to practice their English (expecially second language).

@Nemesis, just a curiosity, but isn't W60 the world that shall be won twice, the first time with secrets that I heard a lot of the original players putting in the hard work for the tribe quit afterwards?
Isn't it also the world that has the origin village on the incomings list allowing for instant and accurate tagging?
Not so sure on the second bit, but both would bring considerably different situations to a world and its players.

@Immune, you dare utter of hypocrisies? Your academy tribe was rank 3 at one point, with yourself allied to DD, as well as who knows how many other tribes including TWs who are/were in your pocket and Micky2020's personal tribe before you systematically destroyed/internalled/bored them out of the game while doing your best absorbing all those villages into your own account to, well, I guess save face on the hugging since the internalling is beyond saving face. All while complaining about activity.

Never seen a Duke so foolish as to not share out villages to his tribe with an account as big as iLölD@ü. Assuming those barbs are all his (because yeah, they are) it took you well over a month, maybe even 2 months to finish absorbing those villages when you could have made tribemates stronger and more secure as well as your tribe stronger much faster.

So by all means immunesoul, keep crying hypocrisy, it only enlarges the biggest hypocrisy of all.

DeletedUser

Dude thanks alot,you just explained my point way better then I could:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

@Nemesis, just a curiosity, but isn't W60 the world that shall be won twice, the first time with secrets that I heard a lot of the original players putting in the hard work for the tribe quit afterwards?
Isn't it also the world that has the origin village on the incomings list allowing for instant and accurate tagging?
Not so sure on the second bit, but both would bring considerably different situations to a world and its players.

To be honest, the first difference did not really make it different to any other world I played other than the fact there was a premature ending. At least in SPAM, most of the players who were playing at the time of the secrets win continued after such as it was never really in our interest to win via secrets. There were a few other players in other tribes which used the excuse to quit, though it was quite well established by that point that we would probably win any dominance based win condition too due to essentially winning the world war against Calm. and ex-Valour. I believe you are able to instantly tag on any world, however only a few scripts are legal and those are world specific due to the scriptwriters wishes. For example, I'm pretty sure the script SPAM used for tagging was also used in W56 due to the scriptwriter being in the tribe W2V there. That said, they are not extremely accurate and rely on being online very regularly similar to ordinary masstagging.

DeletedUser

There were a few other players in other tribes which used the excuse to quit, though it was quite well established by that point that we would probably win any dominance based win condition too due to essentially winning the world war against Calm. and ex-Valour.

Never thought I would be commenting on this again and certainly not in a different world. The world was to be won on secrets, and with whatever means, Spam won the world on secrets. That was it, in most peoples eyes, world over, that was the settings.

However, literally hours before this happened, and what can only be seen at the time as TW wanting to drag the world out longer for financial gain, they decided to announce a 'second win' now with world dominance.

This was ridiculous. You can not win the World Cup and then announce, ok lets win it again, 'this' way.

Calm had already decided they were not going to entertain this and most of us deleted and it was mainly on principal for most of our tribe.

You can't quit a world that has already been won.

Btw Dylan, nice to see you again.

DeletedUser64969

Ilold@u was never an internal, he ate me on w64 i ate him on w68 so we could play both worlds on 2 accounts instead of 4 then john quit when his granddad died and he had to move house has he got kicked out of his own or something hence why his account went barb, then he started on my account for awhile and he picked the barbs up himself, look at stats pretty obvious as we were eating each other at the same time on 64/68, and as for v/aers it got to rank 4, but i agree with you on that point, as i've said i went inactive for 2 months nearly and didn't lead at all and just let things happen, either way that's my fault pretty sure i've said that already, but i never intentionally let it happen, but it happened anyway now you guys are doing the same thing but intentionally, your tribe is rank 4 now and will likely get rank 3 soon :), so lets not complain about that while your doing it :), i fixed my mistake and got rid of them or they left/ whatever else, we'll see what you guys do when theirs no longer any need for them or they start getting bored and quitting themselves shall we? oh snap your already eating the inactive ones, silly me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Never thought I would be commenting on this again and certainly not in a different world. The world was to be won on secrets, and with whatever means, Spam won the world on secrets. That was it, in most peoples eyes, world over, that was the settings.

However, literally hours before this happened, and what can only be seen at the time as TW wanting to drag the world out longer for financial gain, they decided to announce a 'second win' now with world dominance.

This was ridiculous. You can not win the World Cup and then announce, ok lets win it again, 'this' way.

Calm had already decided they were not going to entertain this and most of us deleted and it was mainly on principal for most of our tribe.

You can't quit a world that has already been won.

Btw Dylan, nice to see you again.

Well, I suppose that is always up for debate.

If winning via the secrets was of any interest to SPAM, I am pretty sure we could have won the world within 8 months. When SPAM did actually win via secrets, the vast majority of the world actually disagreed that it was world over in a poll conducted by Tribal Wars, hence the world was kept open and a new victory condition was made.

I believe the reason a select group of ex-Calm. deleted was because the leader and most of the prominent members of said group believed it was impossible for them (and the rest of the world) to win under a dominance based condition given their past results against SPAM. I believe that had Calm. had a strong chance of winning, they would have not quit. They definitely did not leave the world on any principle, it was just a convenient time for some of the backline to go before nukes and nobles came knocking.

DeletedUser

Ilold@u was never an internal, he ate me on w64 i ate him on w68 so we could play both worlds on 2 accounts instead of 4 then john quit when his granddad died and he had to move house has he got kicked out of his own or something hence why his account went barb, then he started on my account for awhile and he picked the barbs up himself, look at stats pretty obvious as we were eating each other at the same time on 64/68, and as for v/aers it got to rank 4, but i agree with you on that point, as i've said i went inactive for 2 months nearly and didn't lead at all and just let things happen, either way that's my fault pretty sure i've said that already, but i never intentionally let it happen, but it happened anyway now you guys are doing the same thing but intentionally, your tribe is rank 4 now and will likely get rank 3 soon :), so lets not complain about that while your doing it :), i fixed my mistake and got rid of them or they left/ whatever else, we'll see what you guys do when theirs no longer any need for them or they start getting bored and quitting themselves shall we? oh snap your already eating the inactive ones, silly me.

There you go complaining about internals again, that must mean you've changed your ways, so what is your ODA against Nads in this war? Better check your conquers too you must already be nobling villages from them...oh.

You also left out TW! and Micky2020's tribe, one you had control over the other Micky had control over until you made him cut ties. You recruited heavily from both.

Ok, and you think because you were merging is a good excuse to spend so long on a merge, and not sharing with your tribemates? I have neither led a tribe, nor been in a tribe where such a merge would have ever been allowed to drag out. Any period of time longer than one or two weeks to complete a merge on the insistance that the players involved keep their villages shows a single minded self interest, lack of respect to tribemates and leaves the tribe weak while, especially in this case their two (aesthetically) strongest players busy themselves about what's "theirs".

I say you are aesthetically the strongest, but it seems DarkLordd and TDM are blowing you out of the water for this war.

I hardly think you can be so bold as to say you fixed your mistake. If NADs are capable of tying up inactives whilst nobling out V/A then there's no real issue is there? 800 conquers on V/A in a month? What are V/A doing? That's right still fighting a war against -?- that, if memory serves, began BEFORE Turtl3 declared on DD way back when and you left your ally to grow tired of your complacency.

While we're on the subject, how many tribes are in your pocket atm?

DeletedUser113752

DarkLordd and TDM are blowing you out of the water for this war.

Thanks for the shout-out, but for future reference please dont mention jordon, or he will get all cocky and i will never hear the end of it :lol: