Top 20.

DeletedUser1082

You and I are on two different planets Steve, believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe.

1) Your aim was not to get gents respect, it was for your own amusement because you were bored and wanted to shake things up.

2) We kicked you from the tribe because you declared before we had developed ops without approval and cancelled all our allies without permission. We make decisions together in this tribe and you overstepped your authority and hurt the tribe again for your own amusement.

Your narrative of what happened is from my point of view dillusional and grandiose.

My aim before that last line was not to insult you, my posts are not centrally about you, they are about the state of the game. I don't like you and I certainly don't respect you, but my aim is to change the tone of the forums.

As far as people respecting me, I don't care much, although it would be nice and I would enjoy the game more probably. I am more interested in people being generally respectful of the time and sacrifice we all put into this game. If people didn't do that it wouldn't be fun for anyone.

And you need to stop speaking for more than yourself, because the notion that everyone is reading this and thinking I am a boring, stupid, hugger who is ruining the game and you are a smart, confident player with good intentions is again dillusional. I am sure you have a circle of people cheering you on a) because they want to win the world and see the anti-gents stuff as helping their cause and or b) they actually think you are right.

I am sure some people are annoyed at what I am writing and believe that gents and everyone in gents are liars or huggers or w/e else you have said, and some people are thankful for what I am saying and are glad somebody has the confidence to stand up to your unpleasantness.

This'll be my last post for the moment, as has rightly been said it's off topic, and I'm all but done with posting on W80 forums (thought I'd leave 7 words then go hibernate, but you dragged me in).

You're right we have different perspectives, but to call mine delusional is embarrassing, try to be more realistic.

In my opinion Gents is a shit tribe and acts poorly.
In my opinion Gents' council do not know how to lead tribes effectively, and have to resort to underhand methods. Other tribes do this too, but Gents have to to stay on top.

Those are my opinions, everything else is fact.
It is fact that I tried to shake up the world, and gave Gents a chance to prove themselves and escape from another fact, that they're one of the least respected rank 1 tribes on .net's history. Only I can truly know my motivations for doing what I did, but they are irrelevant, and the facts stand.

Also, try not to take everything so personally. If you cared to read my posts you'd never see me calling out jacobm9, with good reason, you're one of the best accounts and posters in the tribe, possibly the world, but you sully yourself and traipse shit all over the carpet that is your reputation with every day you stay there.

I don't find talking about "why the game is going downhill" productive, but here's an alternative, popular and widespread viewpoint:

Hello my name is Steve
The game's shit when you hug and deceive,
that drives people away,
makes them not want to play,
and then all they'll do is leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

twenty-five

The game is going downhill because I play less and less each year, no need to try and solve that conundrum. The answer is straightforward.

DeletedUser118039

This'll be my last post for the moment, as has rightly been said it's off topic, and I'm all but done with posting on W80 forums (thought I'd leave 7 words then go hibernate, but you dragged me in).

You're right we have different perspectives, but to call mine delusional is embarrassing, try to be more realistic.

In my opinion Gents is a shit tribe and acts poorly.
In my opinion Gents' council do not know how to lead tribes effectively, and have to resort to underhand methods. Other tribes do this too, but Gents have to to stay on top.

Those are my opinions, everything else is fact.
It is fact that I tried to shake up the world, and gave Gents a chance to prove themselves and escape from another fact, that they're one of the least respected rank 1 tribes on .net's history. Only I can truly know my motivations for doing what I did, but they are irrelevant, and the facts stand.

Also, try not to take everything so personally. If you cared to read my posts you'd never see me calling out jacobm9, with good reason, you're one of the best accounts and posters in the tribe, possibly the world, but you sully yourself and traipse shit all over the carpet that is your reputation with every day you stay there.

I don't find talking about "why the game is going downhill" productive, but here's an alternative, popular and widespread viewpoint:

Hello my name is Steve
that drives people away,

Haha, I like your poem:)

Anyway.... fair enough mate, as I have said before I don't agree with your take on gents, but you are definitely entitled to your opinion, and I believe you come by it honestly.

Mr. Cringer Pants

Hello my name is Steve
that drives people away,

Even more of this. ^^ but you should read this vv

Can we keep this forum to discuss the topic, I was hoping to bring it back but if people are just arguing on it people will stop putting in their input again :icon_sad:

This

monstaz2

I agree with Jacobm9, it's fine to dislike Gents that's your opinion and you have a right to it. What isn't acceptable is spamming the forums with hate when their could be reasonable discussion on their faults and what they do well. Can we please have some polite discussion!? We all share an interest in Tribal wars so why not make this a fun environment for discussion that encourages participation without needlessly dismissing people's attempts to become active in the community!?

DeletedUser112079

The game is going downhill because I play less and less each year, no need to try and solve that conundrum. The answer is straightforward.

I'm not sure why we still play considering we solved tribal wars.

DeletedUser58259

Oh Tom is in this thread, Tom are you playing this world?!

DeletedUser1082

Hello my name is Steve
I really wish more people could read
Take a look at my posts
Before you join in the roast
And we'll all end up far better pleased

DVBBS

I'll do a quick review of the top 5.

1. Gents
8/10

A very well run tribe with a wealth of talent, Gents is a solid contender right now to win the world. A whopping 8 million above second place Ruffs. Gents employs a tactic commonly used by tribes nowadays that includes using multiple diplomatic agreements and keeping a high member count to assert dominance over the world. This tactic is often overshadowed by long time tribalwars players who value "extremely limited diplomacy" and "very selective recruitment" although it's hard to deny the success that this method has given gents so far this world. Gents have a very wide spread across the southern half of the map with tonnes of room to expand in any direction.

2. Ruffs
6/10

Ruffs are a piece of work. The result of a recent merge between Sabre and Ctrl. Ruffs find themselves currently warring rank 1 Gents and rank 5 BugZ Family. With this new overhaul of active, yet not so experienced leadership it will be interesting to see how ruffs can hold out against their current foes. Ruffs are a core tribe but with the resent acquisition of ctrl. players now have wide access to the NE rim. A Rocky start but i know Ruffs can pull it together and give Gents a run for their money.

3. Regime
10/10

I would not normally give a 10/10, but this is a special exception for a special tribe. Regime are an extremely active, experienced and loyal group of players currently dominating the NW rim and pushing into the core. Regime follows strict recruitment and diplomatic policies and have a distasteful outlook towards the way the modern game is changing (not all members, but a good chunk). Regime implements a "Viper" tactic in which it lays in wait and then hits it's target fast and repeatedly with a string of highly coordinated and timed OPed. This method of play has been very successful thus far and it will be interesting to see how the late game boredom takes it's toll on a tribe with such a small member count. In terms of pound for pound it's hard to argue regime is not the best tribe on W80. However War is not fought pound for pound and i'm excited to see if regime will meet their match in gents.

4. Lust
6/10

Lust was created when a MvDC Mutiny combined with a former family tribe called Oath. Until very recently the Lust leadership lacked. However an overhaul in leadership has seen many changes around lust. Some could argue, "Once a Mutant, always a Mutant" but I think with Islagrate in charge, Lust is here to stay. Lust has a few talented players and an interesting diplomatic policy. Perhaps the least talked about of the top 5, but still one to watch.

5. BugZ Family
3/10

They've stuck around this long, so They get 3/10 for that. However they are a group of core players from past worlds known as "warpigs." They are renowned for recruiting to survive, kicking members to save stats and using dishonorable tactics in wars. Currently on a three front war with Jovis, Ruffs and Regime, I hope the world is rid of these swine once and for all soon enough :)

DeletedUser58259

Being in Gents I'm going to have to disagree with the multiple diplomatic relations. Or maybe I'm not understanding what you're stating. I personally like to limit diplomacy, but as a core tribe diplomacy is a tool that can be used effectively. But if you're saying we play our diplomatic relations against each other that is not true.

However, a very good review altogether. I am glad we are back on topic.

Also, you forgot to mention that Bugz is also warring Regime and a couple other tribes along with your tribe Ruffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DVBBS

I was only stating you have gotten to where you are today by using smart but frequent diplomatic moves. Such as constantly NAPing/Allying any top tribe bordering you until you've grown well ahead of the pack.

Not dumping it as a tactic, just stating what I see happening.

As for BugZ I did mention they were on a three front war ;)

DeletedUser58259

To stay on topic. This is based on my return of only a few days after being gone for a couple months.

Disclaimer: I did my best to not be biased but can only do so much.

Gents - I wont rate my tribe. Has good leadership. Good players. Has been rank 1 for a while and has been dominant for a lot if not most of the world. Despite what people say about tactics, this is a war game, all's fair and whatnot. And rank 1 tribe is often targeted. Still, there has not been a major war to prove Gents deserves it's rank until now against Ruffs (regardless of the reasons for the war). Should be a good test to see what happens to Ruffs - Though the stats are in Gents favor thus far possibly what it will take for the world to finally agree Gents deserves it's spot.

Ruffs 7/10 -I recognize a few names there. Balian. Though as I understand he just stepped down as Duke during a war, which makes me wonder whether the leadership may be having internal problems, and possibly the tribe as a whole. They just performed a merge during multiple wars going on, which some times can cause problems with unity. I'm not aware of their war histories so cannot comment on whether they are proven or not.

Regime 9.5/10 - I have been watching these guys from the start of the world and am not surprised to see them as a powerhouse upon my return. They have some famous names, and their methods of selective recruitment and minimum player count is a relief to see. However, with the Summer break ending, I wonder how many will stay. I believe they are a contender for the world.

Lust 7.5/10 - Don't know a lot about them. Seems they need a good war to prove themselves.

Bugz 5/10 - Three front war. Seems they aren't winning. They need to step it up if they want to win this or end a war or two and focus on the others. Too much barbling maybe. Don't know much else about them except Kirk is a boss. Oh and happy birthday Kirk.

image.php

WGGF 7.5/10 - I've heard some good things about some of their members. Good conquers. Looks like they may get somewhere if they keep it up!

59570abc42c511c554a322a0050ae19d.png

RG 6/10 - Don't know a lot about the leadership but I do know a few names, couple I fought on previous worlds and were decent. I would say their growth is not impressive however.
9b34251b14a03c0490bd560e97f5ebe6.png

[/spoiler]

Not gonna bother with any more don't know a lot about this world any more but this is what I have seen so far.
Don't bash my review too much, I've only ever done a couple of these.

DVBBS

Thanks everyone for the kind words... I guess I'll do 6-10 now :D

6. WGGF
7/10

Seventeen Members, 217k Average points, Led by the king of llamas and my longtime friend Angelo WGGF are a tribe that can be more surprising than the connection between WGGF and the word Sinister. Currently the only tribe in the south that i believe could hold off gents from an expansion to the SE rim. WGGF has a few very notable members who know the ins and outs of the game. Their largest member is an absolute noob named The Devil Monster who could cause serious problems to any tribe whom tried to test of the waters of these rim lords. I'm interested to see how WGGF makes its next moves. They definitely have potential to become a world superpower, however a merge into a larger tribe such as Gents may prove too tempting for these new kids on the block.
Overall, A good location, some key players and hopefully a good gameplan for the future, keep your eyes on WGGF W80.

7. RG
5.5/10

The remnants of MvDC who didn't go to Sabre or Lust, RG from the outside seem like a tribe stuck between a rock and a hardplace. However given their horrible horrible location, they are currently doing alright for themselves and have been for the past little while. Currently up 10 - 7 against rank 2 Ruffs, But personally I see RG with one of two futures. First off, being rimmed by Gents/ruffs... Secondly merging into Gents/ruffs. Either way I don't see this tribe sticking around for much longer.

8. Forgot
2.5/10

One of the unknowns of the top 10, I cannot say much about the skill of the players or leadership. However a quick look at the map will show an interesting spread. Another tribe in the way of gents expansion to the rim, Forgots spread is erm... interesting with one main cluster and three smaller more isolated ones. My view on this tribe is food for WGGF and Gents and perhaps one or two recruits.

9. Hugo
6/10

Like it's name, I speculate this tribe will be history soon enough. This is a landlocked tribe between Gents, BugZ and Regime with the purpose of the destruction of BugZ. A Battle proven tribe, Hugo has shown it's defensive and offensive abilities on multiple occasions and it's core group of players have survived a landslide of power changes in k43. Although my opinion is the tribe will not last, I believe it's players will. Waterloo and Jovis are perhaps the most known of it's members (not counting danny cause he's a rimnoob :p) and both are more than deserving and capable of handling life in a top tribe. We shall see what fate has in store for Hugo :)

10. KIAN
3/10

Practically in the same boat as Forgot (minus a slightly more compact spread) KIAN in my opinion is not a tribe to watch. Filled with relatively unknown players and leadership, they will struggle to find pace with the worlds best and ultimately disappear as quickly as they appeared.

DeletedUser118016

6. WGGF
7/10

Seventeen Members, 217k Average points, Led by the king of llamas and my longtime friend Angelo WGGF are a tribe that can be more surprising than the connection between WGGF and the word Sinister. Currently the only tribe in the south that i believe could hold off gents from an expansion to the SE rim. WGGF has a few very notable members who know the ins and outs of the game. Their largest member is an absolute noob named The Devil Monster who could cause serious problems to any tribe whom tried to test of the waters of these rim lords. I'm interested to see how WGGF makes its next moves. They definitely have potential to become a world superpower, however a merge into a larger tribe such as Gents may prove too tempting for these new kids on the block.
Overall, A good location, some key players and hopefully a good gameplan for the future, keep your eyes on WGGF W80.

If we were to merge, then we probably would have into IT, Echo, {R} when they asked us to.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

The Devil Monster and Caarl the Llama are the noobest of the noobs.

That's why he's my co-duke.