Let the race begin

Emerald

People don't really build lcs in the start anymore (or at least not the majority of the good players), since rushing sp/scavenging are in most cases superior to micro farming with lcs nowadays since there aren't many barbs around.

Here's a guide on the basics of scavenging if you haven't already read it:
https://forum.tribalwars.net/index....uide-the-future-of-early-game-farming.280700/

Thanks for the reply. Will give that a try with my next start-up. I thought lc might be more useful with this world having 3x more barbs but looking at the Looted resources graph I can see sp/scavenging is bringing in 4x more resources.

Have seen that guide before. Was worth having another look at it though as I can see there is a more efficient way than how I was splitting up the troops.

IAmAbel

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It really depends man, you gotta do the math.

Calculate the production /h of the barbs in your area and divide by the players that will most likely share that amount with you. Then compare with what income/h another spear will give you, then calculate what cost/production a pit will give you. After that then go ahead and go for whatever gives you the highest value

DeletedUser123030

People don't really build lcs in the start anymore (or at least not the majority of the good players), since rushing sp/scavenging are in most cases superior to micro farming with lcs nowadays since there aren't many barbs around.

Here's a guide on the basics of scavenging if you haven't already read it:
https://forum.tribalwars.net/index....uide-the-future-of-early-game-farming.280700/

With scavenging, a optimal startup includes constant LC production.
That guide does not include any information about the optimal way to split up your troops from what I can see, so it is missing a very important part of scavenging.
Currently at 400k resources from scavenging alone on W106, I'll probably release some information about the optimal way to use scavenging at some point, unless someone already have done that?

I'm actually here to sell a lot for pp so I'm not here for the "first village" run. No ress bought after pits 25 because I think it's an bad investment. My own start is pretty much just 4 greenbook paladin, black flag, scavenge and 20% off pits between level 17-28. Almost everybody could do that with a proper build order. Collar, the Norwegian fellow, is doing the same thing but is also fast on the pp market.giving him some extra pit levels, he is going to actually play the world so there is no need for an "investment plan" for his pp.

Nothing more than that, welcome to the new meta pit/scav hybrid start

No, we are not doing the same thing, you still lack some critical information about scavenging, sir ;)
You are also clearly a lot slower then me at the first stage(building a market and buying resources + moving the village to buy even more in another continent), so you may want to practice that aswell before you call yourself the best startup player (referring to Discord chats/his ingame profile/wherever else he has claimed to be the best :p ) again, sir :)

That PP is insane

Yes, please nerf.
Bots are slow man,

you sit like a maniac and press f5 4 times a second for 24h a day, and thats how you get the ress :)

It's a lot better (less work) to just open multiple tabs, because each of the tabs got individual timers (10 seconds) for autoupdating the exchange. Let's say you open 3 tabs, with 3-4 seconds between each tab you open, you then have the same information as if you manually clicked F5 to update the tab every 3-4 seconds.
It really depends man, you gotta do the math.

Calculate the production /h of the barbs in your area and divide by the players that will most likely share that amount with you. Then compare with what income/h another spear will give you, then calculate what cost/production a pit will give you. After that then go ahead and go for whatever gives you the highest value

That's not really a precise way to calculate it, because you base it on assumptions and you do not factor in the huge difference between farming at daytime vs nighttime. But it's better then nothing and does give some idea of what you should do yea.

You will most likely find that scavenging is far superior to farming barbs at this point (except for the closest barbs), so the difference between farming the barbs nearby that is worth it to farm (not considering the effort) and just not farming barbs at all is pretty much none at this point. Barb farming is good at the start until all barbs around you is empty while you are unlocking more scavenging options, but when you got level 3 unlocked on scavenging it's pretty much pointless to farm barbs unless you can get some quick full hauls. Barb farming also gets better again because of diminishing returns on scavenging as you get more troops and barbs building pits, but at that point it's still pretty much pointless compared to how much effort it is and how much you get from scavenging and pits.

Iku Turso

Reaction score
That guide does not include any information about the optimal way to split up your troops from what I can see, so it is missing a very important part of scavenging.
Currently at 400k resources from scavenging alone on W106, I'll probably release some information about the optimal way to use scavenging at some point, unless someone already have done that?

No, we are not doing the same thing, you still lack some critical information about scavenging, sir ;)
You are also clearly a lot slower then me at the first stage(building a market and buying resources + moving the village to buy even more in another continent), so you may want to practice that aswell before you call yourself the best startup player (referring to Discord chats/his ingame profile/wherever else he has claimed to be the best :p ) again, sir :)

Yes, please nerf.

It's a lot better (less work) to just open multiple tabs, because each of the tabs got individual timers (10 seconds) for autoupdating the exchange. Let's say you open 3 tabs, with 3-4 seconds between each tab you open, you then have the same information as if you manually clicked F5 to update the tab every 3-4 seconds.

That's not really a precise way to calculate it, because you base it on assumptions and you do not factor in the huge difference between farming at daytime vs nighttime. But it's better then nothing and does give some idea of what you should do yea.

You will most likely find that scavenging is far superior to farming barbs at this point (except for the closest barbs), so the difference between farming the barbs nearby that is worth it to farm (not considering the effort) and just not farming barbs at all is pretty much none at this point. Barb farming is good at the start until all barbs around you is empty while you are unlocking more scavenging options, but when you got level 3 unlocked on scavenging it's pretty much pointless to farm barbs unless you can get some quick full hauls. Barb farming also gets better again because of diminishing returns on scavenging as you get more troops and barbs building pits, but at that point it's still pretty much pointless compared to how much effort it is and how much you get from scavenging and pits.

What an educated post. Kudos to you, sir. +1

Emerald

Please do. A lot of players would appreciate that information.

400k? Very nice! - I'm at 120k and have had level 4 open since day 2

Is there a certain sp number you wait for to open level 4 or just as soon as possible?

I only had 200sp, where as that guide about scavenging says to wait until you have 600sp.

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I would say get it as quick as possible, but not at the cost of stopping the production of spear. But at 600 spear it is worth stopping the production to get level 4 :)

Emerald

I would say get it as quick as possible, but not at the cost of stopping the production of spear. But at 600 spear it is worth stopping the production to get level 4 :)

Thanks

Now I want to re-start and put all this information to good use -- well, after I sell a few points first :cool:

Backen

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

I would assume that you use the plus 20% feature which would cost a lot pp in the long run and that wouldn't be sustainable for most of the tw-community since most people don't buy a lot of pp/don't know how to farm it. Even if you don't use the 20% feature you indirectly spend a lot of pp on the scavenging when you keep buying res from the market both during the "first stage" as you called it and during later stages, not saying it's wrong using pp during the start of a world, just saying that you can't base "the best starting guide for everyone" on just spending a shit ton of pp. Even I, a nonamer from Sweden would be at around 300k (probably more since I would've been able to produce sp faster) res scavenged if I used the 20% feature so you're not that far ahead as you think you are :) And for the lc thing, I would assume you use them for scavenging since you have just farmed 4k according to the the in a day tab. You must gain more res from the scavenging since you have troops building both in the barrack and stable which could be used for scavenging early, but is the lc cost worth it in the long run taking the time factor in to a count compared to sps? I don't know but as you seem to be the best starter here maybe you can share you calcs if you have any;)

meh

Don't know how big the difference is between farming "daytime vs nighttime" since everyone playing on .net is living in different time zones compared to the .se and .no servers, so when it's night in Norway it's not in the US for example. But once again I don't really know how big the difference is since I haven't rushed lcs early on any .net world since my first world on here was w100 (which was limited-haul) and then I've just played on here and a bit on w105 were I went heavy scavenging in the start. So if you have more calculations on farming barbs which isn't based on just plain guessing feel free to share them :)

But hey who cares about the start right? Just pp-noobs who gets rank 1 early anyway ;)

Might be some spelling mistakes but I just woke up and couldn't care less.

/B

Emerald

Coller is the first to a second village, Nice work!

Might have some competition from the land of the dead who has moved in to 2nd place (were they even in the top 25 yesterday?)

Iku Turso

Reaction score
Coller is the first to a second village, Nice work!

Might have some competition from the land of the dead who has moved in to 2nd place (were they even in the top 25 yesterday?)

I don't think so. In fact I doubt their whole tribe was in top 25 before just now and I'm expecting them to make top 5 soon. Talk about coming out of nowhere.

Emerald

I don't think so. In fact I doubt their whole tribe was in top 25 before just now and I'm expecting them to make top 5 soon. Talk about coming out of nowhere.

Think you are right. That's the land of the dead now taking top spot, impressive.

How many points would it take to build a village up that quickly?

Iku Turso

Reaction score
Think you are right. That's the land of the dead now taking top spot, impressive.

How many points would it take to build a village up that quickly?

No idea. Something around 10 000 I would presume. I'm no expert so I'm purely guessing though. Could be more.

Iku Turso

Reaction score
Buying all of that would be roughly 4000 PP. I'm rooting for someone to actually buy that shit lol

market.jpg

DeletedUser123041

Hi everyone.

Which continent is the idol for collect pp?