1 In a Million Coincedence (Probably more)

DeletedUser

Rank Name Points of 40 best players Total points Members Average points per player Villages Average points per village
1 TW 103.918.923 126.624.214 79 1.602.838 12533 10.103
2 St A 95.083.502 107.505.603 72 1.493.133 10641 10.103

I wonder what the odds are that the top two tribes in the game have the same # of Average points per village, much less any two large tribes that have the same points per village.

Kampfisken

Technically, it would be more like (12555-116)^2 to 1.
But then again, it would be a bit more likely to have sums ranging from 7k villages to 11k villages, as that is more average.

DeletedUser

you are not part of TW i believe

Why be so technical? We're is a generalization for my family, the TW family. Of which the original branch is a part of.

If you want to continue being technical, my usage of my isn't one of ownership, but a way to indicate that it's the family I reside in and remain faithful to.

If you want to get technical, that is? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Well technically the chances of 2 tribes have the same amount of average points per village is 1 against 150.000 . Those tribes being the #1 and the #2 makes that chance a lot slimmer (around 152 mio. against one). But that is if you don`t consider that most of the top tribes have their villages 9-11K points. That makes it very likable to happen.

Then again I don`t know what I`m doing so those calculations are probably wrong. PS: remember that a village can be catapulted to ?? points (where there are ?? insert real numbers cuz I never tried it).

DeletedUser

But then again, it would be a bit more likely to have sums ranging from 7k villages to 11k villages, as that is more average.

Would have to find the probability of average points of villages, for the various players, and then for the various tribes, etc.

I wouldn't recommend trying to figure it out ;)

Kampfisken

Would have to find the probability of average points of villages, for the various players, and then for the various tribes, etc.

I wouldn't recommend trying to figure it out ;)

That is actually what we're dealing in in the math classes these days- probability.

I think i actually could calculate pretty decently the actual odds for something like this to happen, but really- who gives a :clay:? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser6005

What about 126 villages?

DeletedUser

Its more complex then normal probablity. As has been stated in other posts you would have to take all sorts of strategic things into account, it would litterally be impossible to predict the odds unless you were basing it on other worlds but then there would have to be alot more then 11 worlds. The reason for this is the fact that humans are UNPREDICTABLE.

DeletedUser6005

it would lower the average a lot by taking 126 villages wouldn't it?

DeletedUser

Whatever the odds, they are astronomical. I havn't checked but I would assume the averages have changed by now.

I took statistics last year and probably would have attempted to figure it out but I forget all about the discreet probabilities and different probabilities of the like.

DeletedUser

Whatever the odds, they are astronomical. I havn't checked but I would assume the averages have changed by now.

I took statistics last year and probably would have attempted to figure it out but I forget all about the discreet probabilities and different probabilities of the like.

I did my exam on that on monday, I did horrendously so... I ain't going to try either :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I did my exam on that on monday, I did horrendously so... I ain't going to try either :icon_wink:

is there also a "continuous probability" and some type of "binomial probability?" i could one of those perhaps being needed but i really forget everything about that class.

Kampfisken

And apparently someone else does as well, for deleting the post :lol:
Seems like i gotta pull together a bit tho.

anyways, let's just conclude with the odds are really really really small.
Remember that the avarage points of a tribe keep vibrating up and down, so eventually at some point they almost HAD to meet :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

wanna see another coincedence?

Opponents defeated (As defender)
38 hashpuppy 4,81 Mio.
39 johnnyBuz 4,80 Mio.

my life is full of random coincedences.

this one isnt as close but i guess we're pretty similar players :D

Opponents defeated (Total)
28 johnnyBuz 9,21 Mio.
31 hashpuppy 8,94 Mio.