1800-ask-core

-core-

Hello everyone,

I know forum is a place where you spat useless gibberish but also a great place to learn. I started this game about one and half years ago. W23 was my 1st world I learned this game through hardship. made fool out of myself many times , got pwn3d got own3d.. That's how I learned and boosted my experience. I love this game as math is my most favorite subject plus being abroad away from childhood friends I do love the TW community.. Fight, war, verbal battles, debates, facts, whine and being clueless we've got everything out here. Just like back in the days. You get to know new people from across the world about their culture and their thoughts.. It's like a giant family.. Anyways the reason I posted here is I may not be the most experienced or the brightest Player in TW but I am pretty helpful and always into sharing my experience. As I was once a naive TWholic I know there are many in this world or in the forum who is fairly new to this game. Please post here if you have any problems that related to TW or anything about Virtual life computer stuffs. Or just share your mistakes or excitements or joy right over here. If you want to know something that you are confused about just ask.. Whether it's me or someone else will answer you and try to be helpful here.

For the posters in this thread please resist from spaming this thread or flame others. rather try to point out if someone making a mistake and give us your facts to support your statements.
Best of luck .

KataklysmiC

DeletedUser

For a minute there i got excited but then realized that it wasn't a 1-900 number....

DeletedUser

@superbill lol

@core

Very nice of you for the thread. I will start with a question and hope many would be in to put down their thoughts.
My question is on usage on rams and cats.

When you are in serious fights you would need atleast 3 nukes to break the defender(assume 2D stacked) and hoping that he didn't pick up smell of ALL of the fakes launched. so with 3 nukes headed towards him lets assume the first nuke with 250 or so rams will be destroying wall by say 2 levels or if the defender uses the popular HC/mixed HC strategy it gets down by 3 levels.

Now the question is for the second nuke how wise is it to use 250 rams? The math behind it is to use pre-wall bonus of 190 rams and fill the rest with troops..that would kill more troops BUT in turn the post battle wall lowered is less(=> 3rd nukes faces less troops with better wall bonus). I think you guys have thought of this..The math is screwing my mind....what is the balance between - 'additional troops killed' vs 'additional wall ram lowered post battle'..
where does the balance lie down?

DeletedUser

ps: nice thread name..well thought off to match with the length of number :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

@superbill lol

@core

Very nice of you for the thread. I will start with a question and hope many would be in to put down their thoughts.
My question is on usage on rams and cats.

When you are in serious fights you would need atleast 3 nukes to break the defender(assume 2D stacked) and hoping that he didn't pick up smell of ALL of the fakes launched. so with 3 nukes headed towards him lets assume the first nuke with 250 or so rams will be destroying wall by say 2 levels or if the defender uses the popular HC/mixed HC strategy it gets down by 3 levels.

Now the question is for the second nuke how wise is it to use 250 rams? The math behind it is to use pre-wall bonus of 190 rams and fill the rest with troops..that would kill more troops BUT in turn the post battle wall lowered is less(=> 3rd nukes faces less troops with better wall bonus). I think you guys have thought of this..The math is screwing my mind....what is the balance between - 'additional troops killed' vs 'additional wall ram lowered post battle'..
where does the balance lie down?

Are others entitled to answer questions? well core can answer as well but for me, it doesnt matter for the rams number, for me a fixed set of offensive troops are the best answer to it, basically when you compute for the power of the nuke, its mostly or roughly near to each other. building different sets of nukes will take time to build. basically the idea of having a ram nuke hit first is good but generally, for me it doesn't matter about the number of rams, the thing that matters is the time for the nuke to build. :)

-core-

I 2nd that Rai.. But at one point when you are away from actions and not engaged in any war or battles you can always build some specialized Nukes/Breakers. Makes a 500-600 Rams Breaker use your Paladin with morning star as the 1st hit. You get a better result. However I really don't recommend anyone to specialize such a breaker or Just Axe nukes or just LC nukes etc at this point of the game. When you hit a million+ and you have fairly spread out cluster in several Continents You can always use your idle Nukes to make some specialize nukes.

But remember it always hurts to see them wasted, players usually try to keep them as long as they can, not into using them much. Use the fastest and effective Nuke is the best way. I usually use 275 to 300 Rams with my Nukes. Some of them I use for faking purpose rest on the targets. So Supreno I really don't see any reason for you to make different amount of rams to use on the same target, rather use same amount this way you don't have to worry which one to send 1st. But if your paladin has any offensive weapon It's always the best idea to send the 1st nuke with paladin.

DeletedUser

I'd have to agree with my above two tribemates.

In essence time to build is the most important.
That said, I think any nuke with LESS than 250 rams is a waste (both in build time and effect). As was stated, at this stage in the game, noobs start to be weeded out (except -Core-, he'll be around for a while). What that means is peopel are good at shifting defense, etc, and you may send a lower ram attack and find the village got reinforced and you are still staring at a lvl 9 wall.

I personally have some wall Busters (600 rams) and try to use them first, but also don't hesitate to use them as a regular nuke if they are needed more in that capacity. One point in fact is a walled defender will ALWAYS kill more troops then an unwalled, no matter YOUR number of troops.

DeletedUser80956

Since it seems the flames have stayed out of this thread so far, I'll pose a question for ya'll. What level do you generally have the workshop in a maxed offensive and defensive village? (assuming these are normal villages, no specialities)

Also, when you have these bonus mines villages, do you generally max out the mine that is bonus? Or do you leave it lower so that its output is comprable to the other outputs?

DeletedUser

Me has been told by me maties to max out ye bonus villa and use its building power and maximize it. other wise it be of nay use to have bonus villa and not get full potential out of it. Smart Pirates we have on board me thinks. :)

-core-

Since it seems the flames have stayed out of this thread so far, I'll pose a question for ya'll. What level do you generally have the workshop in a maxed offensive and defensive village? (assuming these are normal villages, no specialities)

Also, when you have these bonus mines villages, do you generally max out the mine that is bonus? Or do you leave it lower so that its output is comprable to the other outputs?

I tend to make my workshop lvl @7 regardless of what kind of village it is. Unless obviously you make a village for cat heavy defense or Ram heavy Nuke you can upgrade the Workshop to 10/12 doesnt really matter. I always like to keep it lvl 7 unless its a lvl 3 church village and I only want Cats or it's a workshop bonus I maximize the Workshop.

About mines.. No rush but eventually yes you max out all your mines. We usually don't max out unusual building levels due to have more farm space in order to add some more troops than wasting the space. And maximizing mine's level always help you gathering more resources in a short time which always helps.

DeletedUser80956

Hmm intesting. I was having my workshops at 9 for offense, 6 for d, and am now in the process of downgrading my offense to 6 as well. And yes, I max the mines on all my villages, I was more concerned with the bonus villages like a bonus clay, It seems that I would would get overwhelmed with the extra amounts of resources when I had the village maxed. Travis' comment makes sense though, maximize what you've got.

Anyways, thanks for the responses.

DeletedUser

Me and my charmander is fancy today so I'll answer the next question as well.

For your first question, mine is only a level 7 workshop regardless of a offensive or defensive village, basically, the trick there is to make all your villages have the same points, nuff said, it will be a big benefit specially when dealing with an enemy that usually finds your church. Making all villages have the same points makes it difficult for the enemy to make a scientific guess. There are calculators that can be used in order to sort out a fixed amount of points on all. even with a church.

For the second question, my answer is no, the reason would still be in the first question, basically in this time of world, only the barracks and population are good bonuses but in the later times, using the benefit of this bonus villages is going to be crucial, for example in a late world a workshop bonus village is the target of most players. Since during those times people tend to build cat nukes on those villages. But generally in my perspective, I still believe in the systematic point system of villages.

DeletedUser

Some players tend to vary the workshop & hiding place levels to make it difficult to find their churches through points values...

Stewinthepot

blocked
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with my above two tribemates.

In essence time to build is the most important.
That said, I think any nuke with LESS than 250 rams is a waste (both in build time and effect). As was stated, at this stage in the game, noobs start to be weeded out (except -Core-, he'll be around for a while). What that means is peopel are good at shifting defense, etc, and you may send a lower ram attack and find the village got reinforced and you are still staring at a lvl 9 wall.

I personally have some wall Busters (600 rams) and try to use them first, but also don't hesitate to use them as a regular nuke if they are needed more in that capacity. One point in fact is a walled defender will ALWAYS kill more troops then an unwalled, no matter YOUR number of troops.

well from what ive used i there are a few different builds you could use depending on where you are if your 100 hours from the target i like the build of 6000axe 2700 lc 50 scouts 200 rams 300 cats simply because if you send a noble train at 100 hours out and the guy doesn't manage to snipe or stack before it hits he shouldn't be playing this game so instead of nobling cat his vills to the ground if he doesn't quit his account is useless and defenseless someone closer will easily be able to take him out but for an account on the border of a war i like the build of 7000 axe 3000 lc 228 rams because of the great build time i only have 4 villages in a 674 village account 250 rams and thats just because i send them at villages stacked well (20+ vills of d :lol:) and they have 1000 rams so i do not think under 250 rams is a waste because ive been doing pretty well for od myself :icon_wink:

pablo the doc
Opponents defeated: 127.594.622 (51.)

DeletedUser80956

I just woke up after passing out on my computer because I forgot to breathe on that paragraph. Periods are your friend, use them!

DeletedUser

Who has time for periods when you're building a grand o' rams!

Oh, I guess I should contribute something actually on topic. Level 5 ws suits me fine.

DeletedUser

Couldn't get back as I was busy in real life.

I completely agree that making a ratio choice between barrack and stable is bad atleast at this stage of game.
Just build whatever as time permits and launch.

However my argument was on number of rams. Rams doesn't fight and their sole purpose is wall damage(pre & post). simulations show me that having 1/4 of all offensive villages at less rams and more troops is fine to make choice. Are nukes effective by having more troops on low wall villages? yes indeed.
By how much ? as good as a bonus pop village if you use them in a major offense of 10-15 nukes flying over 3-4 enemy villas.

Anyway I think it is hard to manage different builds as the game progress more time goes off for bloody wars.

@bloodstaar - my personal choice of workshop is level 7 irrespective of village type.

DeletedUser

5 or 6 :p that 10 point jump is perfect for covering certaint un named buildings

DeletedUser

Ive seen this many many many times since i started on world 6, any nuke with under 250rams is weak, and any over 300 just hurts the nukes killing power didn't care to sim it to much, just always followed it just something that was grandfathered into my mind.

as for pally being used for offense, i cannot see any advantage to losing use of your cat defense for any amount of time, that is a guaranteed minimum of 4 nukes killed alone, with support this number rises fast, if your fighting someone that does not fight back well then that's a pretty good guarantee your pally as offense is over kill but its better to salt the ground and black top it than have weeds growing back a month later if given the chance.

Last edited by a moderator: