2009 Awards - Meta Thread Only

DeletedUser

This thread is for discussing what categories we should have in the 2009 awards thread.
Let's leave the nominating for the final thread.

My thoughts:
- There's no need for "worst anything". This is a celebration of achievement. We have the rest of the forums to trash-talk opponents.
- Categories could be
Player of The Year
Tribe of The Year
Family of The Year
Best Offensive Player
Best OffensiveTribe
Best Defensive Player
Best DefensiveTribe
Most Innovative Player
Most Innovative Tribe
Most Promising Player
Most Promising Tribe
Best Conflict
Best Forum Propagandist
Most Entertaining Forum contributor
Best Leader
Best Relocation (Player)
Best Relocation (Tribe)
Comeback of The Year (Player)
Comeback of The Year (Tribe)
Most Resilient Player
Most Resilient Tribe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The forum contributor should have sub levels like funniest, etc

Objections to stickying?

DeletedUser53573

Biggest jump?

As in, who has made the biggest impact moving into a front from afar, and getting huge there

DeletedUser

Biggest jump?

As in, who has made the biggest impact moving into a front from afar, and getting huge there

Maybe call it "Best Relocation"? Might work in both player and tribe categories?

Agenroe

Most Spirited. Those who have been beaten but are back in /Coming back to the fight.

DeletedUser

Yes, but that would have to be someone that is fighting back not taking barbs.

theguardian117

Most resilient player- hardest player to rim (like the player who keeps going at it even when they have lost 90% of their villages)

DeletedUser

That is a reasonable category although you could also name it "most belligerant" or "most stubborn" player ;-)

DeletedUser

i consider myself very stubborn but i didnt loose 90% of my villages yet, does it mean i cant get there? D:

DeletedUser

Most resilient player- hardest player to rim (like the player who keeps going at it even when they have lost 90% of their villages)

How about the players who have been rimmed more times than they've nobled villages yet continue to play (there are still a few left). There are many players who have continued after getting smacked around, but far fewer who have made much positive impact after they got beaten down.

DeletedUser

Actually - yes - the category should be: Player(s) that has come back from the brink to make an impact on W18. There can't be too many of those...

DeletedUser

There have been lots of people who retake barbs to regain their stature in the world, this isnt a new strategy, i doubt he was picking on you, plus Tigger has done it about 4x more than you have... i could name others but why.

DeletedUser

I hope that wasn't a shot at me I never implied it to myself,

Nope. None at all. Don't worry, in my posts you can usually feel the sarcasm leaking, but not lately. This was not a shot at you.