2nd Tribalwars Podcast! Guests: Lisa, Karina and ToPaT. 06/08 ~18ST

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Hello TribalWars Community.

This Sunday I'll be returning with some new guests:

- Lisa-Jane our Community Manager, better known to some perhaps as Aliyah.
- Karina, Professor Dumbledore.
- Tom, ToPaT (The capital letters are important!)

And you'll be stuck with me as well, naturally.
We have no set topics, but I do have a few prepared I'd like to touch upon. Namely: Innogames (For Lisa mainly) women in the TW community and combining family life with TW. And some discussion on past worlds will inevitably occur as well. I'll also pose questions from Twitch chat to our guests of course.

The stream will be live with our guests at around 18 ST on 06/08 but I will be online an hour or so sooner for some Q&A while I play a Steam game of my choosing. (Most likely a Total War one.) So feel free to tune in sooner. Before the actual stream starts I'll have to go offline for a bit to do a soundcheck first with our guests, the downtime of the stream shouldn't be to long though.

https://www.twitch.tv/h0llygh0st is where it'll be live, and it will be uploaded on Youtube afterwards.

EDIT:

Incase you missed the prior and pilot episode:

Last edited:

DeletedUser117534

Three very interesting guests, can't wait to see you all live discussing our beloved game. Thanks for the efforts H0lly

P.S.
Someone should finally write a guide on combining family life with TW.

Nest

DeletedUser93439

muahahah I can finally ask all the difficult questions to Lisa.
How old are you?
What's your shoe size?
What's your favorite wine?

DeletedUser114869

Its the same thing complaining about co playing..

DeletedUser93439

When people don't watch and say that, like last time, are just trolls imo.

The cast was very different and a lot more loose than last time, but in itself very fun.
No one said this has to be a high-class educational program rather than a form of entertainment and a way to give people a chance to have a chat/laugh with people who are well known in the community about a ton of subjects.

I for one enjoyed it, just like last time. Even that devilican person was alright :p

DeletedUser93439

No longer private.

I must have missed it myself. The shame :O

DeletedUser93439

When were the good days I was pretty much alone in the world xD

DeletedUser74388

Holly, the most interesting observation and questions you asked got sidetracked by ToPaT (go figure ;)) and not discussed or answered. See the 20 minute mark.

As a female playing TW I agree with you that it seems that recently there is an increase in women players. W91 for a short time there was 5-8 women in CORP alone, and I can currently count 5 in W91 in the top 20.

Over the last 9 years that I have played TW, typically there might be one other female in top ranks. Maybe as the count of players of TW have declined, maybe more of the women have continued to play and not stopped, thus increasing the ratio of female to male experienced players.

You asked if women who are "semi good" get noticed more easily because they are women and thus get up into the elite circles easier making it seem like there are more women then there use to be.

Well, if you look at W91, I would say that the 5 women in the top 20 shows that we are more than "semi good" :p and I believe that alot of us have earned our place in the elite circles and we are not just there because of some favoritism or popularity because we are women. That may be the case for some I suppose, myself, I have proven skills and loyalty have won worlds that have earned respect from most people who have worked closely with me.

Anyway, I thought that was an interesting observation that you made and wanted to comment on it since it got off topic before the question was answered.