4 Spears and 3 Paladins

DeletedUser

The problem is, you lose all the resources the resource providers would have been getting you in that time period...

Yes, but the point is that within the next 3 days of protection that will be easily caught up and overtaken by the extra levels of resources the farming with the paladin allows. Especially if active people with paladins have already paid off the cost of it within 24 hours, leaving 3 days to catch up anything lost, which in itself was minimal.

DeletedUser4596

Yes, but the point is that within the next 3 days of protection that will be easily caught up and overtaken by the extra levels of resources the farming with the paladin allows. Especially if active people with paladins have already paid off the cost of it within 24 hours, leaving 3 days to catch up anything lost, which in itself was minimal.

Correct, my paladin was built today at 2:00 server time. I made sure I built my prividers atleast one level before I built tha status and made sure I had enough abadoned villages near me to repay me back and my loses. I have already in a mere 15 hours payed for the cost of the paladin and statue. That was without sending it out when it came back rigth away (was busy on a date today so couldn't) in the next 24 hours I estimate it to have made me atleast 2.5X as many resources as I payed for it.

DeletedUser

a paladin isn't actually a bad idea. I built the statue and paladin shortly before I went to bed, so when I woke up, I was still upgrading resources. I wouldn't have had any more resource buildings(save one, in the time it took to make a statue) than I would have had I not gotten my paladin...I would just be sitting on 800 more resources that, yes, I would eventually. Since I've already made up 3 of those 8 hundred resources, and I've yet to stop producing buildings, I can't say it was a bad investment. Of course, if you don't sleep and aren't away from a computer for 8 hours a day, then, yes, your resources are probably better used on simply building

DeletedUser

I've doubled what it cost me to build the statue and the paladin already. Gotta love those abandoned villages.

DeletedUser

they are fun...now if only my abandoned would produce more iron. I have 3 times as much wood as I need for any upgrade, and a third as much iron :icon_confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4665

they are fun...now if only my abandoned would produce more iron. I have 3 times as much wood as I need for any upgrade, and a third as much iron :icon_confused:

I don't even need iron yet xD

tracecanadarocks666

buildings don't use up alot of iron mostly wood and clay

DeletedUser

at this point, though, it's enough iron to make it necessary to upgrade a few iron levels. Anyway, that wasn't my point. My point was that I'm getting way too much wood and way too little iron on my raids

tracecanadarocks666

that is true but if you look on any world you find the same thing
to much wood and clay and not alot of iron in your diet

DeletedUser4797

Which reminds me, how many threads in the questions forum will we have that resembles this?

"OMG!!!111 I CANT MAKE ANOTHER PALADIN IN MY NEW VILLAGE WTF!! WTF11111!!!"

Most people that I´ve talked to seem to be under the illusion that you can make a paladin per village :icon_confused:

DeletedUser6022

Why would you need to build a statue and therefore take up resources/time when you have beginner protection on? wouldent it make sense to build it right at the end of the protection time?
or am i missing something here?

i'm guessing that had half these people known about beginner protection (or had some distinct idea of what it actually meant then we definetely wouldnt bee seeing as many paladins...certainly not the 10,000 that have been made anyway :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

i'm guessing that had half these people known about beginner protection (or had some distinct idea of what it actually meant then we definetely wouldnt bee seeing as many paladins...certainly not the 10,000 that have been made anyway :icon_eek:

Actually if you had read the whole thread you would see that building a paladin isn't a bad idea.

DeletedUser6022

i never really said building a paladin was a bad thing

DeletedUser1431

Best to even it out- Get some res, then a pally, and go for greatest net gain.

Now, if I could only get more iron *mutters*

DeletedUser

I'm actually considering getting a market...the amount of wood I've got now from using my paladin is just insane

DeletedUser

I would trade with you, I'm getting an overload of clay, but you literally on the other side of the world from me...

DeletedUser

Ughhh, I have TONS of iron. I cant get rid of it! :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I built my paladin and I also have built a Barracks and a few Spears. The village I'm farming is getting me Wood and iron, but almost no Clay. I have like 800 iron but only around 50 clay in my storage.