A Bit Of Friendly Competition #3 (Round Three - Voting)

DeletedUser

A Bit Of Friendly Competition
Round Three - Voting

Congratulations to our finalists, this is where we decide who wins!

Please award points to your top three competitors in the following format:

3points - Letter of sig goes here

2points - Letter of sig goes here

1point - - Letter of sig goes here

And No Voting For Yourself!

The Entries:

A
ABOFC-R3.png

B
aroundtheworlde.png

C
robotsig.png

Good Luck to everybody :)

DeletedUser

3points - C

It has by far the best depth and the clip masking was well used to some effect i can't think of - though it is good, whatever it is. Good lighting and well-blended text, though the latter could be a slight bit smaller. If you had a vertically shorter canvas for this, it would be top-notch as the emptiness to the right wouldn't really matter. Well positioned render. The border could be a bit smaller. =]

2points - B

Struggling to guess who's piece this is... anybody give me a hint please? =P
Nice mix of colours, and the sharp blotches of them really add to the vector effect of the sig, whether intended or not (though i guess by the render that it was.) Nice concept which turned into a really vibrant signature. Border is just the right size, render is well placed, text is well coloured. One thing missing though; this is negligible because of the style of the sig, but there is not any real flow throughout the piece.

1point - A

Simplicity can be good, but too simple and the piece is a no-no. Next time try to incorporate some more effects and make the piece more complex! =]

DeletedUser93879

3 - B. Like the concept and matching of colours. Especially like the words on the left and how the colour borders for these link in to their respective colours in the guys shadow. Have to agree with Tyraels flow comment. If the cut out was on the right would that give it more i wonder? Hell, i'm nit picking though.
2 - C. The background kind of lets the other work down for me really i'm afraid
1 - A The glow in the back ground is nicely faded in but i'm just not sure what mores been done to the piece to alter it from the original. Maybe its just too subtle for me to identify though :icon_sad:

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
3points - C

It has by far the best depth and the clip masking was well used to some effect i can't think of - though it is good, whatever it is. Good lighting and well-blended text, though the latter could be a slight bit smaller. If you had a vertically shorter canvas for this, it would be top-notch as the emptiness to the right wouldn't really matter. Well positioned render. The border could be a bit smaller. =]

2points - B

Nice mix of colours, and the sharp blotches of them really add to the vector effect of the sig, whether intended or not (though i guess by the render that it was.) Nice concept which turned into a really vibrant signature. Border is just the right size, render is well placed, text is well coloured. One thing missing though; this is negligible because of the style of the sig, but there is not any real flow throughout the piece.

1point - A

Simplicity can be good, but too simple and the piece is a no-no. Next time try to incorporate some more effects and make the piece more complex! =]

^^^he speak for me too! :D

DeletedUser

Sorry, I forgot about it being anonymous so did that text :D what a fail :(

Score so far :

A - 11
B - 23
C - 20

DeletedUser

3points - C

2points - B

1point - A

what he said ^

Also thanks for carrying on the contest in my absence GE, a lot of stuff has cropped up in RL which has not put me in the best mentality to do this, I will transfer you the contest PP and you can run it from now on if you like, I am retiring from the tw gfx forums.

DeletedUser

Rockstar, I was only doing it this once to finish it off.
I dont want to carry it on :p

DeletedUser

what he said ^

Also thanks for carrying on the contest in my absence GE, a lot of stuff has cropped up in RL which has not put me in the best mentality to do this, I will transfer you the contest PP and you can run it from now on if you like, I am retiring from the tw gfx forums.

I got him back into GFX. And tyrael, the right is deadspace, as explained to me by rewri, although I am sure I am not champ at using it yet. Thanks for your vote. Scores anybody?

DeletedUser

You got me back into making gfx, I never said i was going to continue on the tw gfx forums though?

DeletedUser

except for two people...i hope you all continue to contribute to these forums with your artwork...sigs or not

*abstaining vote