A look at effective resource management

twenty-five

You're trying to say that the off guys have farmed more so they're more active/not as efficient but they've probably farmed more due to having more lc.

This isn't what he's claiming. Infact he wasn't making a statement about activity at all. It was a statement about how resources are spent i.e. the O players have more looted but have had to spend more on troops whilst the D players have less farmed but have kept up in comparison.

It was about resouces, not farming. Can we stop trying to make this about farming please.

DeletedUser

I heard people do this amazing thing called knocking down the walls :O pretty amazing huh

Oh u replying again lol, meant early on in 1st,2nd vill not really practical to knock down walls, definitely not all. Either way you'll still lose quite a few

twenty-five

Well not really mate when a lot of the res comes from farming lol

Yes really. You can focus on how resources are spent without caring where they come from particularly, which was this threads purpose.

DeletedUser112079

Tbh, idk why you people build offence or defence, build 10k scouts in every vil, nobody will be able to get a report so nobody will attack you.

DeletedUser116125

8k spears takes ~293.5 hours to build
2k hcs take ~346.5 hours to build

Unless you build scouts from your barracks your statement is wrong

Also he was arguing that given the priorities that players who build sp/hc presumably have (like build times) 8k/2k is not even close to the best ratio - not that those priorities are wrong (which to be clear arguably most of the time they are, but nobody wants to repeat those sorts of arguements).
8k 2k was just a number i gave since i have never played a tech world and on those you can't go both swords and hc's like i do on w75

DeletedUser

So... Was the point of the lesson that players that can't be farming actively and so have less res available would be better served building a def>off account 2 keep up with players that can farm more so have more res?

Any more to add? This was quite informative and I would appreciate tips on how to keep up with players that are more active than me.

DeletedUser116125

No It basically means if you want to grow faster go higher D to O ratio also max out pits before you max out rax and stables.
and don't build HC.
Kinda activity does not have much to do with the ratio.

A humble player

So, is this really that surprising?

I thought it had been long "known" that defensive villages were much more useful to the account as a whole because (unless you're using SP/HC because you're going that route), they can maintain constant queues, push other villages, mint coins etc. very easily, while offensive villages cannot.

In fact, if memory serves, a defensive village will be capable of holding rax/HQ constant or nearly so with 0 farming, so all resources farmed can be put into coins or other, more useful endeavors. A quick calculation says that (20 [villages] * 117 [per hour at L10] * 24) = 56K and change, around 2 coins per day, whereas in an offensive village all of those resources would be going toward a constant LC queue.

Now Zardy, you cry, "You love HC", and a well build Sp/HC build will complete around 580 hours before a sp/sw build (depending on population)! Thats 24 days. 24 days you get with the Sp/HC or offensive village where all of your income is going to farming. And that's half right, an offensive village will likely kill itself off, but more importantly, you're investing in the off or Sp/HC. With a sp/sw defense, I get the resources *now*, I can use them now, I can get coins *now*, I can make additional ennoblements *now*, I can do THINGS *now*. I don't want to wait for 3 weeks to get resources for coins, I want to be able to continue the spree of nobling now, I want to live outside of my means because I'm a skilled player and I can handle having 5 full villages and 20 half-finished ones instead of 20 finished ones and 5 new ones.

I'd bet that after 50 villages or so, player growth is going to be almost entirely independent of organizational pattern and depend almost solely on farming, but by that point players 1 and 3 will be lightyears ahead of 2 and 4 because they didn't wait for things in the future, they took full advantage of their resources now.

Or in other words, a noble is worth much more than an equivalent number of resources of LC.